Best Canon Duel?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The_Tempest
Exactly what it says on the tin. Which canon duel is the best, in your opinion, and why?

MythLord
Maul vs Obi-Wan in Rebels. :3

The_Tempest
Originally posted by MythLord

lol

Did you really like it?

Ursumeles
Maul vs Obi-Wan in Rebels. :3 thumb up

The_Tempest
Originally posted by The_Tempest
and why?

come on guysssss

Ursumeles
Because Maul got humilated.

In all serious, I kinda like the duel, but the best is Sidious vs Maul & Savage imo.

cs_zoltan

This. And because I can finally wank Kenobi smile

MythLord
Originally posted by The_Tempest
lol

Did you really like it?

I... actually didn't mind it that much. I already know Maul lost all his luster, but it also makes sense for Kenobi to goad him and not fall for the same tricks Jinn fell for. It was quick, decisive and got the adrenaline rushing for admittedly 3 seconds, but still...

But it isn't the best canon duel; Dooku vs Obi/Anakin in TCW, Sidious vs Maul/Savage and Sidious vs Yoda/Anakin are probably my favourites. This is only including TV shows, of course.

Sheev's and Vader's duel with the Queen Lylek and her children/servants is prolly my overall favourite in all of canon.

chingchangwalla
- Everything with Dooku in it. Every fight he's in is great to watch.
- Maul and Savage vs Sidious because RED LIGHTSABERS EVERYWHERE.
And I know it doesn't count as a duel, but Pong Krell slaughtering clones on Umbara was so cool.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
This. And because I can finally wank Kenobi smile

And to entirely new levels.

S_W_LeGenD
1. Palpatine versus Darth Maul and Savage Opress
2. Count Dooku versus Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi (Episode II)

Darth Thor
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Palpatine versus Darth Maul and Savage Opress

If only they killed Maul then.

S_W_LeGenD
^^^

Agreed! That would have been a reasonable end for him. And in Rule of Two fashion.

Azronger
All of Sheev's fights were great.

hutchy1345
I... actually didn't mind it that much. I already know Maul lost all his luster, but it also makes sense for Kenobi to goad him and not fall for the same tricks Jinn fell for. It was quick, decisive and got the adrenaline rushing for admittedly 3 seconds, but still...

But it isn't the best canon duel; Dooku vs Obi/Anakin in TCW, Sidious vs Maul/Savage and Sidious vs Yoda/Anakin are probably my favourites. This is only including TV shows, of course.

Sheev's and Vader's duel with the Queen Lylek and her children/servants is prolly my overall favourite in all of canon.

Where can I find that duel with sids and vader?

Beniboybling
Ahsoka vs Vader.

Geistalt
Luke vs. Vader (RotJ)

Obi-Wan vs. Vader (RotS)

Mace vs. Sidious

Sidious vs. Savage and Maul

Rockydonovang
Luke vs Vader
Ahsoka vs Vader

Kurk
This is difficult depending on what you're looking for; in terms of pure raw action and epicness...

1.) Kenobi vs Vader (RotS)
2.) Vizsla vs Maul
3.) Sidious vs Maul brothers

These had me on the edge of my seat the whole time

The best in terms of character conflict/drama, emotions

1.) Kenobi vs Vader (RotS)
2.) Vader vs Luke (RotJ) (this could be #1 too tbh)
3.) Tano vs Vader

Selenial
Talzin and Maul vs Sidious, Dooku and Grievous would have been truly phenomenal if it had made it to animation. Real shame, actually.

darthbane77
Originally posted by Ursumeles
Because Maul got humilated.

In all serious, I kinda like the duel, but the best is Sidious vs Maul & Savage imo.

Rebel95
Vader vs Luke (ESB)

Sinious
Sidious vs the brothers, yeah.

DarthAnt66
Every fight from RotS, really.

Geistalt
Sidious vs. Yoda was garbage.

Aside from the tutaminis scene.

Nephthys
Windu vs Sidious is worse than Vader vs Ben, lol.

Rey vs Kylo Ren was cool.

DarthAnt66
Yoda vs Sidious was amazing? erm

Geistalt
Originally posted by Nephthys
Windu vs Sidious is worse than Vader vs Ben, lol.

Rey vs Kylo Ren was cool. https://media.makeameme.org/created/yeah-sure-whatever-lszo8i.jpg

Nephthys
What part do you object to?

Geistalt
Rey vs. Ren being cooler than watching Sidious slaughter everyone.

And still lose, only to win in the long run, anyways. 'Cause UNLIMITED POWURRR!

Sinious
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Yoda vs Sidious was amazing? erm people automatically diss it but it's definitely one of the most epic scenes in the saga. thumb up

Nephthys
Originally posted by Geistalt
Rey vs. Ren being cooler than watching Sidious slaughter everyone.

Thats awful though? It doesn't make him look good, it just makes them look like babies who can't react to the guy slowly jumping towards them, pulling his lightsaber back and stabbing them very slowly. Sidious' actor just can't sell anything about the fight at all from a physical standpoint and he keeps pulling the goofiest ****ing expressions ever. Easily the worst acting he does in any movie (where he's one of the highlights of the entire thing in that regard) and unfortunately, some of the worst acting in the entire prequels.

Rey vs Ren is great.

Emperordmb
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-akx1jawoVEs/WM62_aYue9I/AAAAAAAAFZc/rrNVFBDeb4I0tv5GBghKr-U0phfHmh_fQCKgB/s0/Screen%2BShot%2B2016-04-01%2Bat%2B1.07.27%2BAM.png
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-9vnHzMuGxKU/WM63Xfu34eI/AAAAAAAAFZk/zigpiLaRobQXHgYCP0uiBUIn90oQ--ERgCKgB/s0/Screen%2BShot%2B2016-04-01%2Bat%2B12.58.59%2BAM.png
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-yPnsPF6ohII/WM63m1rnsiI/AAAAAAAAFZs/2mxI3i6L3YU_FPVsSMSfh3q26LvXTyv-wCKgB/s0/Screen%2BShot%2B2016-04-01%2Bat%2B12.59.27%2BAM.png

Geistalt
Oi. That smug-ass grin he gave while trying to shank Mace was hilarious.

Nephthys
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-LEWcBVNtKYw/VjY34mlyqrI/AAAAAAAALv4/K6LtngpG5Tw/w426-h377/Palpatine%2BNo%2521.gif

http://s.storage.akamai.coub.com/get/b74/p/coub/simple/cw_timeline_pic/f4e779ae772/b6384b13985259416e925/big_1466750232_image.jpg

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/6/68616/2205088-thedeathofagenkolar.jpg

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Nephthys
Thats awful though? It doesn't make him look good, it just makes them look like babies who can't react to the guy slowly jumping towards them, pulling his lightsaber back and stabbing them very slowly. Sidious' actor just can't sell anything about the fight at all from a physical standpoint and he keeps pulling the goofiest ****ing expressions ever. Easily the worst acting he does in any movie (where he's one of the highlights of the entire thing in that regard) and unfortunately, some of the worst acting in the entire prequels.
Could it possibly be that Palpatine is exaggerating and faking his expressions since he's not actually in trouble?

That's how I always perceived it, and it makes the fight a lot more amusing and intense contrasting Mace, who's thinking he's in the fight of his life, and Palpatine, who's giving no ****s and toying around.

Nah, no, couldn't be that. erm

Nephthys
No, it couldn't be that. no expression

Thats retarded.

Emperordmb
Especially considering he makes the same types of weird facial expressions while dueling Yoda lol.

Geistalt
Some people argue that the duels are in slow-mo, anyways. For the convenience of the audience.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Especially considering he makes the same types of weird facial expressions while dueling Yoda lol.
Nah, with Yoda it's a lot different.

Emperordmb
https://static4.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11120/111205740/5580916-9199713581-1fp8b.gif

|King Joker|
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Ahsoka vs Vader.

carthage
ROTJ Luke vs. Darth Vader

Darth Vader vs. Obi Wan Kenobi (ANH)

Sidious vs. Darth Maul/Savage Opress

Ahsoka Tano vs. Darth Vader

Count Dooku vs. Obi Wan/Anakin (On Toydaria??)

The Duel of the Fates

Geistalt
Geonosis?

Rockydonovang
bump

sidious vs yoda/anakin was the best

nfactor1995
For me it would be on of these 3:
- Sidious vs Maul and Savage
- Anakin vs Obi-Wan
- Maul vs Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan

Rockydonovang
Maul vs obi wan and qui gon really isn't that great imo. Kenobi still continuing in a ridiculously overcheroegraphed dance like move-set after he's supposedly enraged with his master's death was a wasted opportunity.

Sidious vs Maul and Savage and Kenobi vs Anakin are good

But I feel the sidious vs yoda/Anakin fight is criminally overlooked. Not only did it have a great fight sequence, but it had fantastic symbolic stpry telling through Anakin being grappled for by yoda and sids

Big Gerald
Qui-Gon vs Maul on Tatooine

Darth Thor
Originally posted by nfactor1995
For me it would be on of these 3:
- Sidious vs Maul and Savage
- Anakin vs Obi-Wan
- Maul vs Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan

thumb up

These plus Luke vs Vader ESB

deathslash
Luke vs Vader ESB

Maul vs Qui Gon and Obi Wan

Maul vs Pre Vizla

Vader vs Ezra and Kanan

slayne
Luke vs Vader in RotJ, with Anakin vs Obi Wan in RotS as a close second.

relentless1
Obi Wan vs Anakin

Obi Wan/Qui Gon vs Maul

carthage
Luke vs. Darth Vader

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by carthage
Luke vs. Darth Vader
not ben vs maul?

nfactor1995
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
Maul vs obi wan and qui gon really isn't that great imo. Kenobi still continuing in a ridiculously overcheroegraphed dance like move-set after he's supposedly enraged with his master's death was a wasted opportunity.

Sidious vs Maul and Savage and Kenobi vs Anakin are good

But I feel the sidious vs yoda/Anakin fight is criminally overlooked. Not only did it have a great fight sequence, but it had fantastic symbolic stpry telling through Anakin being grappled for by yoda and sids

The Sidious vs Yoda/Anakin fight was cool too, but I just don't hold it as one of my top fights tbh.

Also I really like the ROTJ Luke vs Vader fight too.

Lord Stark
Yoda vs. Sidious only because "We had waited a long time for that moment my little green friend"

DeadpoolXXX
palpatine vs. maul+savage gets my vote.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.