Was Obi-Wan holding back against Vader in ANH

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Abonis
He beat Maul so quickly and skillfully and even though Maul had atrophied a great bit, he still was powerful. Vader is above Maul, but maybe Obi-Wan held back on him, to buy Luke time to escape. Thoughts?

quanchi112
Retardation ensues.

Darth Abonis
Originally posted by quanchi112
Retardation ensues.

Lol a$$hole. How else have I been "retarded", may I ask?

|King Joker|
How would Ben holding back to "buy Luke time" make any sense? Pretty sure killing Vader is a better option versus dying in terms of "buying time".

Regardless, the whole reason Ben beat Maul so easily is because Maul used a move Ben was anticipating and had already seen before. It isn't hard. Ben isn't leaps and bounds above Maul in terms of skill like everyone is naively believing now -- the fight was mostly a result of Maul's predictability and impulsiveness.

Darth Abonis
Originally posted by |King Joker|
How would Ben holding back to "buy Luke time" make any sense? Pretty sure killing Vader is a better option versus dying in terms of "buying time".

Regardless, the whole reason Ben beat Maul so easily is because Maul used a move Ben was anticipating and had already seen before. It isn't hard. Ben isn't leaps and bounds above Maul in terms of skill like everyone is naively believing now -- the fight was mostly a result of Maul's predictability and impulsiveness.

Good points, but I feel Obi-Wan felt it was Luke's destiny to destroy the Sith. Killing Vader might lead to Luke being killed by stormtroopers and then their would be nobody left to challenge Palpatine. True, we have Leia but I don't think Obi-Wan had a lot of faith in her, as Yoda had to remind him "their is another" #Obi-Wanissexist

Geistalt
Probably not.

Look at it from the characters' viewpoints:

Vader has a lot to make up for.

Obi-Wan's had his fair share of years. A couple more won't provide enough time for a substantial degree of improvement.

Kurk
Originally posted by |King Joker|

Regardless, the whole reason Ben beat Maul so easily is because Maul used a move Ben was anticipating and had already seen before. It isn't hard. Ben isn't leaps and bounds above Maul in terms of skill like everyone is naively believing now -- the fight was mostly a result of Maul's predictability and impulsiveness. thumb up yes

quanchi112
Originally posted by Darth Abonis
Lol a$$hole. How else have I been "retarded", may I ask? The situations are entirely different and how you draw some kind of idiotic parallel between the two because of the recent rebels episode. For ****s sake the one was filmed decades before so please stop asking retarded questions.

Darth Abonis
The situations are entirely different and how you draw some kind of idiotic parallel between the two because of the recent rebels episode. For ****s sake the one was filmed decades before so please stop asking retarded questions.

I'll ask again. What other "retarded" questions have I asked on this forum and who are you to determine what is stupid?

quanchi112
I'll ask again. What other "retarded" questions have I asked on this forum and who are you to determine what is stupid? If I catch a dimwit licking a window I don't need other points of reference to determine their intelligence level. When you say something as painfully brain dead as your op and disregard the words of the guy who came up with the fight then you're a dolt who shouldnt be taken seriously.

quanchi112
I'll ask again. What other "retarded" questions have I asked on this forum and who are you to determine what is stupid? I am Kmc's King and I need no other info to make an assessment based on you.

Darth Abonis
I am Kmc's King and I need no other info to make an assessment based on you.

Why don't you go f.uck yourself? Or is that too "retarded" a question for you?

quanchi112
Why don't you go f.uck yourself? Or is that too "retarded" a question for you? You are emotionally weak just as Anakin was. I bet you love that weak pile of shit.

Darth Abonis
You are emotionally weak just as Anakin was. I bet you love that weak pile of shit.

This argument is pointless. BYE

quanchi112
This argument is pointless. BYE You lose.

Azronger
No, he wasn't.

samappo
Uhhh I'm pretty sure there's still quite a gap of time between the fight with Maul and ANH. Even more time for Ben to not practice.

My theory of the duel between Vader and Ben is this: last time Vader saw Kenobi and got overconfident, he lost three limbs and was almost burnt to death. His comment "your powers are weak old man" confirms that Vader was aware that Ben did not keep up his slills. However like I said, Vader didn't want to be humiliated again, so he was cautious. This is why the fight appears to be more poking and probing each other's defences rather than going all out, along with some tricky fencing sequences as well.

I don't believe Obi was holding back, I think he was playing with Vader's cautious mentally to make him even more careful and reserved.

Sinious
Why don't you go f.uck yourself? Or is that too "retarded" a question for you? I apologize for Quan's infintile behavior. He is still trying to process what happened to Maul.

And, no. Kenobi isnt better than Vader. Maul is simply pathetic without his master's guidance.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Sinious
I apologize for Quan's infintile behavior. He is still trying to process what happened to Maul.

And, no. Kenobi isnt better than Vader. Maul is simply pathetic without his master's guidance. Absurd. Maul later went on to be a rival to Sheev's galactic authoritative pan power. This was too far past his prime and he was a broken individual at the time of their final duel. This has all been stated as a fact by the man who created the fight. I'm right as rain you're wrong and childish. I suspect you're quite young and immature. You have no objectivity and once again I embrace the facts whereas you try to spin them.

Darth Abonis
Originally posted by Sinious
I apologize for Quan's infintile behavior. He is still trying to process what happened to Maul.

And, no. Kenobi isnt better than Vader. Maul is simply pathetic without his master's guidance.

Thanks.

darthbane77
No. Kenobi was losing.

darthbane77
And

quanchi112
Thanks. Coward.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.