When was Darth Maul in his prime?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rebel95
Discuss and VOTE

DarthAnt66
SoD > TCW > TPM > Rebels.

Geistalt
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
SoD > TCW > TPM > Rebels.

praise kek.

DarthAnt66
You disagree?

TheMuser
Sounds about right

Geistalt
Not so sure about Rebels being < TPM.

He did lose to blind Kanan, though.

Rebel95
Tbh I don't think there's much of a difference between any of them, but I'd say SoD is when he's probably at his best

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Geistalt
Not so sure about Rebels being < TPM.

He did lose to blind Kanan, though.
TPM Maul's likely Maul's physical prime and has impressive showings against Jinn and Bondara.

DarthAnt66
I'm interested in who voted for TCW when SoD is literally just TCW Maul with the experience of his fights with Palpatine, Mace, and Grievous.

Lord Stark
S5 TCWs Normal Legs Maul= SOD Maul>TCWs Grievous Legs Maul>Rebels Maul>TPM Maul

But I'd give TCWs Maul the edge because he has the Darksaber and his classic weapon.

DarthAnt66
EDIT: Ah.

Lord Stark
... why?

I edited it. I think they are pretty much even, but the weapons choice gives TCWs Maul the edge.

DarthAnt66
Interesting point. mmm

nfactor1995
Darth Maul fought Mace? When?

Geistalt
Son of Dathomir.

For a grand sum of 1 panel.

DarthAnt66
The fight likely lasted over thirty seconds, tbh.

Rockydonovang
Rebels Maul

Rockydonovang
then dooku must have really slow lightning

Lord Stark

Highly unlikely. Even Dooku vs. Yoda in sabers lasted under 30 seconds.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Geistalt
Son of Dathomir.

For a grand sum of 1 panel.

Longer than he fought Rebels Kenobi, that's for sure.

samappo
Phantom Menace. During this time he is in constant practice, confident, and most of all is cool, calm and calculating when it comes to battle. He uses strategy and guile.

After this he gives up all of this for blind rage and fury. Sure his saber skills may have been more honed later on than in PM, but there's no constant practice, no confidence, he's mostly angry all the time and doesn't care, he just throws himself at his enemy. Most of all he loses all of his strategic thinking.

Therefore PM is his prime.

SunRazer
He's factually more powerful in the Force in TCW, but that may not necessarily mean he's better in everything compared to his TPM incarnation.

chingchangwalla
He's certainly more 'measured' in TPM. Not some blood thirsty animal like in TCW, although he did come back in Rebels as a beta male. Too much fluoride and GMO's

samappo
Like I said, he improved his powers and lightsaber skills, but he didn't use these well, like he did in PM.

Once fact if his TCW incarnation met Qui-Gon Jinn, I think the Jedi master would win.

Trocity
Definitely not, lmao.

Selenial
Originally posted by Lord Stark
Highly unlikely. Even Dooku vs. Yoda in sabers lasted under 30 seconds.

I mean, if you play out the conversations that are had in the meantime I'm pretty sure you can gauge the minimum time taken for the fight...

Edit: Although you're probably referring to a different fight.

Rebel95
Originally posted by samappo
Phantom Menace. During this time he is in constant practice, confident, and most of all is cool, calm and calculating when it comes to battle. He uses strategy and guile.

After this he gives up all of this for blind rage and fury. Sure his saber skills may have been more honed later on than in PM, but there's no constant practice, no confidence, he's mostly angry all the time and doesn't care, he just throws himself at his enemy. Most of all he loses all of his strategic thinking.

Therefore PM is his prime.
Good points

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.