Darth Maul - New Extreme Willpower Feat in Canon

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66
http://i.imgur.com/WSnmcBf.jpg

Maul feels the pain of a thousand lightsaber wounds and the suffering of a thousand Sith.

Azronger
Context?

DarthAnt66
http://i.imgur.com/PjBRcpL.jpg

DarthAnt66
Also the comic seems to confirm that Palpatine's appearance in the PT was a mask, given he looks shriveled and old here and it's set well before 32 BBY.

Azronger
So is it a Force vision, or is Sidious putting this into his head to manipulate him?

Azronger
Also, not sure if it is to be taken literally. "...the burn of a thousand cuts... the deaths of a thousand Sith..." seems like a figure of speech or hyperbole.

DarthAnt66
I think it's similiar to how Revan relived the genocide of Cathar when touching the Mandalorian mask.

I imagine Palpatine is involved in it though. He might have initiated a Sith ritual with the ashes as the base.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Azronger
Also, not sure if it is to be taken literally. "...the burn of a thousand cuts... the deaths of a thousand Sith..." seems like a figure of speech or hyperbole.
The comic shows Jedi striking down Maul over and over. It seems literal.

Azronger
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
I think it's similiar to how Revan relived the genocide of Cathar when touching the Mandalorian mask.

I imagine Palpatine is involved in it though. He might have initiated a Sith ritual with the ashes as the base.

Yeah, notice him waving his hands and smiling as Maul experiences the vision. Sidious definitely had something to do with it.

Beniboybling
Feat aside I'm very much looking forward to learning more about this Sith Empire.

Azronger
The comic shows Jedi striking down Maul over and over. It seems literal.

Literal in the sense that he experienced the pain of multiple Sith, but "the burn of a thousand cuts" seems more like a figure of speech than him literally receiving exactly a thousand cuts - no more, no less.

DarthAnt66
Given how I imagine Palpatine was conducting it, a literal number isn't that big of a stretch.

Regardless, Maul literally feeling the pain of roughly a thousand lightsaber wounds seems to be what's going on.

Petrus
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Feat aside I'm very much looking forward to learning more about this Sith Empire.

thumb up Me too.

Azronger
Given how I imagine Palpatine was conducting it, a literal number isn't that big of a stretch.

Regardless, Maul literally feeling the pain of roughly a thousand lightsaber wounds seems to be what's going on.

Eh, maybe. It's a good feat regardless.

quanchi112
This series also shows Maul was lying to him and pushing his own agenda behind Palpatine. He was always his own man and he stewed for battling the Jedi.

Azronger

Maybe we will get a new imagining of Darth Bane, this time done by someone more competent than Drew. That would be awesome.

DarthAnt66
If they do a Canon Bane novel, I imagine they'd get Drew to do it.

Azronger
Not sure if he'd agree, tbh.

DarthAnt66
He'd do anything for money.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Azronger
Maybe we will get a new imagining of Darth Bane, this time done by someone more competent than Drew. That would be awesome. I want an anthology film detailing Bane creating the rule of the two. That would be awesome and I'd welcome this idea with open arms. Bane haters would shit their pants. Looking at you, Carthage.

Azronger
He'd do anything for money.

True.

MythLord
If they do a Canon Bane novel, I imagine they'd get Drew to do it.

NO! I want a Bane novel by Luceno. The concepts of Rain and Dessel are amazing ones; a better writer should give them a proper backstory.

hutchy1345
I want canon Bane to be more powerful than sidious

Imagine the outrage
It would be comical

Then I would want it changed back obvs
But a bane anthology would be epic

quanchi112
Originally posted by hutchy1345
I want canon Bane to be more powerful than sidious

Imagine the outrage
It would be comical

Then I would want it changed back obvs
But a bane anthology would be epic Bane on the big screen with this idea of a Sith war would be amazing if done right. Way grander idea than following Ot characters around the galaxy such as Han Solo. **** Han Solo. The antagonist better be cool.

ares834

Same. It seems this was the final Sith battle which only Bane survived. Effectively, it appears to be the new Ruusan.

DarthAnt66
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Liberation_of_Coruscant_(Jedi-Sith_war)

The Liberation of Coruscant was the final battle, marking its end in 1032 BBY.

Malachor, in contrast, is dated to be "thousands" of years prior to Kylo Ren.

I imagine it's one of the main battles of the war nonetheless.

ares834

Rockydonovang
http://i.imgur.com/WSnmcBf.jpg

Maul feels the pain of a thousand lightsaber wounds and the suffering of a thousand Sith.
Similar to kenobi in wild space

MythLord
Oh hey, it's Ren's lightsaber model. Just realized it.

I am starting to get more and more fascinated with the fights of Malachor and Coruscant. mmm

Darth Abonis
Very cool

Darth Abonis
I like Drew (explosions of anger emanate through the Force)

DarthAnt66
It took place the same year the war ended.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.