Ranking the Banite Sith

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Azronger
Inspired by SunRazer's threads. Who is the closest to the following Sith Lords in sabers, Force, and all-out?

1. Darth Bane

2. Darth Zannah

3. Darth Tenebrous

4. Darth Venamis

5. Darth Plagueis

6. Darth Sidious (RotS)

7. Darth Maul

8. Darth Tyranus

9. Darth Vader

10. Darth Sidious (DE)

chingchangwalla
Sidious
Plagueis
Tenebrous
Dooku, Maul & Vader are interchangeable

No one cares about the others.

Fated Xtasy
Ehhhh Bane and Zannah lol

samappo
Originally posted by chingchangwalla
Sidious
Plagueis
Tenebrous
Dooku, Maul & Vader are interchangeable

No one cares about the others.

I'd go further and say:

Vader
Dooku
Maul imo

Azronger
All of you missed the point spectacularly, lol.

samappo
What is the point then?

Ursumeles
Darth Bane / Zannah - dunno
Tenebrous - above the likes of Revan, Kun, Krayt & Novel Vitiate, but below SWTOR Vitiate
Venamis - between Dooku and Vader?
Plagueis- closest to,but above, Valkorion
Maul - RotS Kenobi or Rebels! Ahsoka
Dooku - Mace
Vader - Kun
Sidious - Luke

Beniboybling
hurr duur Sidious is at the top, Bane is at the bottom

i rank

Azronger
Originally posted by samappo
What is the point then?

That which is in the OP: to list the beings who are closest to the Sith Lords mentioned in the OP. This isn't a top 10.

NewGuy01
Darth Bane: sub-Dooku in DoE, higher in RoT.
Darth Zannah: sub-Bane in DoE, possibly Dooku+ at peak.
Darth Cognus: Inquisitor+ in DoE, possibly Dooku+ at peak.
Darth Gravid: Probably somewhere around Vader level, too little information to tell.
Darth Gean: Probably somewhere around Vader level, too little information to tell.
Darth Vectivus: Probably somewhere around Vader level, too little information to tell.
Darth Ramage: Somewhere between Vader level and Plagueis level.
Darth Tenebrous' Master: Somewhere between Vader level and Plagueis level.
Darth Tenebrous: Somewhere between Vader level and Plagueis level.
Darth Plagueis: Somewhere between Novel Vitiate and SWTOR Vitiate.
Darth Sidious: Valkorion+.

If you don't know where Maul, Dooku, and Vader stand, then I just can't help you.

Azronger
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Darth Bane: sub-Dooku in DoE, higher in RoT.
Darth Zannah: sub-Bane in DoE, possibly Dooku+ at peak.
Darth Cognus: Inquisitor+ in DoE, possibly Dooku+ at peak.
Darth Gravid: Probably somewhere around Vader level, too little information to tell.
Darth Gean: Probably somewhere around Vader level, too little information to tell.
Darth Vectivus: Probably somewhere around Vader level, too little information to tell.
Darth Ramage: Somewhere between Vader level and Plagueis level.
Darth Tenebrous' Master: Somewhere between Vader level and Plagueis level.
Darth Tenebrous: Somewhere between Vader level and Plagueis level.
Darth Plagueis: Somewhere between Novel Vitiate and SWTOR Vitiate.
Darth Sidious: Valkorion+.

If you don't know where Maul, Dooku, and Vader stand, then I just can't help you.

Seems fair.

The position of Sheev's apprentices fluctuates for me constantly. But anyway, I'm looking for others' opinions, not my own.

NewGuy01
Maul's like Grievous, he has his ups and downs. At his best he's right behind Dooku, at his worst he's... much less impressive than that.

With Dooku, just assume he's a tier higher than everyone else in this shithole has him. Dude's savage.

Vader's probably a cut above the best of the ancient DLsOTS, but beneath Exar Kun, Darth Krayt, and presumably the last ~250 years or so of Banite Sith.

carthage

Vader's beneath Exar Kun

laughing

AncientPower
He is, in everything from feats to accolades to scaling.

Only the self-imposed delusions of Vader wankers say otherwise, so I'm hardly surprised that an imbecile such as yourself even dares question somebody like NewGuy in regards to personal ranking.

NewGuy01
As distasteful as it is to shoot down someone who's trying to back me up, I can't really condone Vader>Kun being called a delusional stance, even if it isn't one I'm currently inclined towards. With the enormous wealth of feats and hype he has behind him, I think it's an easily defensible position to take.

carthage
Kun's debunked spirit feats/nexus ritual showings>> Vaders telekinesis/force power

Get with it

samappo
Tough match up, I haven't read the comics myself on Exar Kun but I feel I know enough to have at least a somewhat sound opinion.

In my eyes Exar Kun beats Vader.

UCanShootMyNova
Darth Bane: Around Dooku level in DoE. Higher as an overall combatant with orbalisks in RoT.
Darth Zannah: Around Maul level in DoE.
Darth Cognus: Jedi Master level in DoE.
Darth Tenebrous: Somewhere between Vader level and Plagueis level. Closest approximation I can think of is someone like Gethzerion or Caedus.
Darth Plagueis: TPM Palpatine.
Darth Sidious: GM Luke.

Deronn_solo
1. Darth Bane
2. Darth Zannah
3. Darth Tenebrous
4. Darth Venamis
5. Darth Plagueis
6. Darth Sidious (RotS)
7. Darth Maul
8. Darth Tyranus
9. Darth Vader
10. Darth Sidious (DE)

Geistalt
1. Luke Skywalker
2. Darth Sidious
3. Yoda
4. Knightfall Vader
5. Valkorion

Talzin

6. Darth Plagueis
7. Darth Krayt
8. Raynar Thul
9. Revan

Darth Venamis
Darth Tenebrous

10. Kyp Durron
11. Starkiller(s)
12. Darth Caedus / Exar Kun
13. Darth Caedus / Exar Kun
14. Vaylin
15. Gethzerion

Darth Vader

16. Darth Malgus
17. Mace Windu
18. Darth Tyranus
19. Darth Wyyrlok III
20. Arcann
21. Cade Skywalker
22. Ulic Qel-Droma
23. Jaina Solo Fel
24. Kyle Katarn
25. Darth Malak
26. Darth Nyriss
27. Darth Maul / Obi-Wan Kenobi
28. Darth Maul / Obi-Wan Kenobi
29. Jerec
30. Shaak Ti
31. Lord Tagriss
32. Viun Gaalan
n-1. Darth Zannah
n. Darth Bane
n+1. Lord Draahg

Geistalt

Geistalt
In recognition of Sidious' achievement.

TenebrousWay
Tenebrous is lowballed as fucq. He should be comfortably above Vader, above Krayt, Kun and Revan in the Force. His saber skills, by inference, shouldn't be significantly below Yoda's.

Geistalt
Shouldn't have posted before I finished Plagueis' description.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by TenebrousWay
Tenebrous is lowballed as fucq. He should be comfortably above Vader, above Krayt, Kun and Revan in the Force. His saber skills, by inference, shouldn't be significantly below Yoda's.
lmfao what

TenebrousWay
Originally posted by Geistalt
Shouldn't have posted before I finished Plagueis' description.

Tenebrous lowballers shall not pass.

Emperordmb
I'm more concerned with the fact that he thinks Bane is Drahg level personally. Geistalt of Gehenna was a good title.

Geistalt
More apt than you know.

Doesn't mean I'm wrong, tho

TenebrousWay
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
lmfao what

No need to panick, Ant. I consider Revan to be above Caedus, Kun and Krayt as well, if that makes you feel better. smile

Rockydonovang
Yoda is roughly on par with sidious who grew from his aotc version who had a decade to grow from his tpm incarnation. End of tpm sidious is>plagueis who is>tenebrous.

In other words Plagueis himself is significantly off yoda so the likes of tenebrous would get utterly stomped by him

Deronn_solo

laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

Crack is one hell of a drug.

TenebrousWay
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
Yoda is roughly on par with sidious who grew from his aotc version who had a decade to grow from his tpm incarnation. End of tpm sidious is>plagueis who is>tenebrous.

In other words Plagueis himself is significantly off yoda so the likes of tenebrous would get utterly stomped by him

Tenebrous was a tremendous enthusiast of lightsaber combat, the opposite of Plagueis and I never stated he's equal to Yoda but that he "shouldn't be significantly below" in lightsaber combat.

NewGuy01
Sidious>Plagueis>Tenebrous>~30 Generations>Bane. The idea that Tenebrous is Dooku level (closer to Bane/Zannah than Plagueis/Sidious) is more retarded than the idea that he's comparable to Yoda.

Azronger
Sidious>Plagueis>Tenebrous>~30 Generations>Bane. The idea that Tenebrous is Dooku level (closer to Bane/Zannah than Plagueis/Sidious) is more retarded than the idea that he's comparable to Yoda.

thumb up

SunRazer
Yeah.

Although Bane being ~ Draagh is laughable.

Deronn_solo

Don't think Sidious or Tenebrous would get killed by rocks, fam.

Hell, Dooku wouldn't.

Beniboybling
Dat top tier logic.

The Merchant
Rots Palpatine>Plags>RO2 era Sith>Bane>Valk>Kun>PN Vitiate>Ragnos>Rotj Vader=80% Palpatine.

Deronn_solo
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Don't think Sidious or Tenebrous would get killed by rocks, fam.

Hell, Dooku wouldn't.

"Sidious *Plagueis*"

NewGuy01
Don't think Sidious or Plagueis would get killed by rocks, fam.

Sidious got picked up and thrown down a hole, and Plagueis choked to death. I fail to see how either of those is more dignified than being crushed by the collapse of cathedral-sized caves. Hell, if anything he's got a leg up on them, because he knew it was going to happen and let it anyway.

Deronn_solo
By the Chosen One, that arguably entered a state of Oneness.

After tanking Sidious lightning like a boss - while in a less them optimal condition.

Yeah, because he thought was gonna get a leg up, but his plan failed horribly in the end, as he's forced to live his death over and over again for all eternity.

Teneb was/is a failure of monstrous proportions. You'd think a guy that coulld use complex mathematics to predict the future would have a better success rate.

Geistalt
Originally posted by The Merchant
Rots Palpatine>Plags>RO2 era Sith>Bane>Valk>Kun>PN Vitiate>Ragnos>Rotj Vader=80% Palpatine. Sure; why n-

Wait a minute...

Rots Palpatine>Plags>RO2 era Sith>Bane>Valk>Kun>PN Vitiate>Ragnos>Rotj Vader=80% Palpatine. http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2013/02/nope.gif

Beniboybling
By the Chosen One, that arguably entered a state of Oneness.

After tanking Sidious lightning like a boss - while in a less them optimal condition.

Yeah, because he thought was gonna get a leg up, but his plan failed horribly in the end, as he's forced to live his death over and over again for all eternity.

Teneb was/is a failure of monstrous proportions. You'd think a guy that coulld use complex mathematics to predict the future would have a better success rate. While Teneb was crushed by his apprentice bringing down a tonne of massive slabs on his head, while he was distracted levitating a bunch of others.

I canz contexts?

Naturally though, whether you think a character was a failure or not in life should have nothing to do with how you appraise their abilities. laughing out loud

Azronger
Deronn fancies himself as a god-tier grandmaster debater - either he's trolling here or truly delusional. laughing out loud

Geistalt
Actually, I like his viewpoint and postulations on all of this.

"Valkorion > Sidious" notwithstanding.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by AncientPower
He is, in everything from feats to accolades to scaling.

Only the self-imposed delusions of Vader wankers say otherwise, so I'm hardly surprised that an imbecile such as yourself even dares question somebody like NewGuy in regards to personal ranking. Originally posted by NewGuy01
As distasteful as it is to shoot down someone who's trying to back me up, I can't really condone Vader>Kun being called a delusional stance, even if it isn't one I'm currently inclined towards. With the enormous wealth of feats and hype he has behind him, I think it's an easily defensible position to take. kekekekekekek

Freedon Nadd
Should Sidious still be considered a Banite Sith? He, pretty much, abandoned that ideology.

TenebrousWay
He took the risk of rising Anakin as an apprentice, knowing full well that he'd be stomped by him later.

Freedon Nadd
Rots Palpatine>Plags>RO2 era Sith>Bane>Valk>Kun>PN Vitiate>Ragnos>Rotj Vader=80% Palpatine.
This comment, sadly, gave me heresy? :/

Freedon Nadd
He took the risk of rising Anakin as an apprentice, knowing full well that he'd be stomped by him later.
Just because Vader 'would become more powerful than him' that doesn't mean he would have Vader kill him. It simply means that Anibitch would be stronger than his Vader version. There are lots of stories with masters having more powerful main character/s as servant/s or apprentice/s.
He said the same thing to Starkiller(DE ending, IIRC)
Remember, he wanted to convert Luke Skywalker to the dark side as well(despite being more powerful than him) and he was seeking no replacement when it came about himself.
He simply wanted a submissive op ***** at his command.

TenebrousWay
Originally posted by Freedon Nadd
Just because Vader 'would become more powerful than him' that doesn't mean he would have Vader kill him.

I'm certain that Sidious, with full knowledge of the fate of his predecessors - including his master - would disagree with you.

Freedon Nadd
I'm certain that Sidious, with full knowledge of the fate of his predecessors - including his master - would disagree with you.

Nice of you to quote half of the argument.
Second, Plagueis actually taught Palpatine most Force-y aspects whereas Palpatine did not Vader. He didn't even train with his apprentice. For Palpatine everyone is a tool or a puppet.

nfactor1995
1. Darth Bane - Count Dooku

2. Darth Zannah - Count Dooku

3. Darth Tenebrous - Idk. Revan maybe?

4. Darth Venamis - Idk

5. Darth Plagueis - DE Luke maybe?

6. Darth Sidious (RotS) - Yoda

7. Darth Maul - Obi-Wan

8. Darth Tyranus - ...Darth Bane

9. Darth Vader - Arcann

10. Darth Sidious (DE) - Idk

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by nfactor1995
3. Darth Tenebrous - Idk. Revan maybe?
Et tu, Brute?

samappo
He is still considered a Banite Sith because he was the culmination of the plan. After he becomes Emperor though, whether you could define him as such becomes irrelevant.

nfactor1995
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Et tu, Brute?

You disagree?

Deronn_solo
Plagues would shit on DE Luke.

NewGuy01
thumb up

samappo
DE Palpatine shit on DE Luke.

Freedon Nadd
Originally posted by samappo
He is still considered a Banite Sith because he was the culmination of the plan. After he becomes Emperor though, whether you could define him as such becomes irrelevant.
Just because you consider God does not exist, it doesn't translate as God is non-existent. There is only a few outdated sources which rank Sidious as a Banite Sith(and they approach the G-canon lore)
Just because Sidious is the culmination of the Banite Sith(doesn't make him a Banite Sith)
Sidious was the result of some serious dark political sex. End of story.
The entire EU(even Wookieepedia) has him with his own Rule of One(an eternal Dark Lord/Sith Emperor and the others being bitches)
Even Plagueis came with this notion(he actually inspired Palpatine to create the Rule of One)

samappo
Fair enough.

I wonder if the new canon mentions it.

Freedon Nadd
It does not. But it is clearly obvious that.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.