Can YOU save Marvel Earth?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Martian_mind
The indies have had enough. Tired of being second-stringers, they accept an offer from Mr. Mxyzptlk. For one day, he will teleport several strike teams to Marvel earth, while ensuring that no space-faring entities are allowed to interfere. The teams will have 24 hours to reduce humanities population below 1 billion. If they succeed, Marvel will be permanently destroyed. If they fail, it is their universes that face destruction.

The strike teams are:

1) The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Shredder, Bebop, Rocksteady, Splinter, General Krang, Casey Jones and 500,000 Foot Ninjas. All are teleported into Manhattan. They are also accompanied by Archer, Armstrong, Ivar Timewalker, The Phantom and Supreme.

2) Voltron and the Voltron force, the Power Rangers and their Zords, and IDW Godzilla, are all sent to Tokyo. They are joined by 10,000 Putties, Rita Repulsa, and Lord Zedd.

3)Spawn, Hellboy, Angel, Buffy, Spike, Willow, Witchblade, Frau Totenkinder, Mr. Dark, Bigby Wolf, Shadowman and the Darkness, are all transported to Uluru. They will be performing a ritual that takes 4 hours to complete. Should they succeed, Urizen will rise to aid their cause.

4)An army of 50,000 Autobots appears in London, led by Optimus Prime and Megatron.

5) Ninjak, The Shadow, Doc Savage, Grendel, Bloodshot, The Eternal Warrior and Rai appear in Washington DC. They are backed by the H.A.R.D Corps.

6) Toyo Harada, Peter Stanchek and the Bleeding Monk appear in the middle of Hong Kong. They are joined by Toyo's Harbinger army, and Peter's Renegades.

7)He-man, Battle-Cat, She-ra, Man-at-Arms, Hordak, Teela and Skeletor all appear in Moscow. They are joined by 20,000 of Hordak's troopers.

8) Thragg, Invincible, Omni-man, Battle-Beast and Allen the Alien will appear in low orbit. They will not be allowed entry until an hour has passed, at which point they will descend to aid any groups which are struggling.

9) This team will only appear if the threat has not been defeated within 12 hours. It consists of X-O Manowar, Divinity and Master Darque. They will manifest in Latveria.

Marvel is given no knowledge about these new foes. Their only hope rests in you. You are teleported to a secure bunker, and given a mental link to every living hero. You will act as their guide, coordinating the resistance effort as best you can. All the heroes know about these characters is what YOU know. Your task is to successfully coordinate a resistance that ensures the population stays above 1 billion. Please note, however, that you are only connected to the
heroes. So no directing villains. Also, 16 hours into the battle, the enemy WILL be given your location, so plan for that.

This is current Marvel earth. If, however, you think the current MU is not up to the task, you may choose a point in time where you believe it to be winnable.

Go nuts, and good luck!

deathslash
no expression Marvel loses

Martian_mind
Originally posted by deathslash
no expression Marvel loses

You can't think of a single strategy Marvel could employ, at any point in it's history?

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Martian_mind
You can't think of a single strategy Marvel could employ, at any point in it's history?

That's a pretty stacked invading army. Unless someone can mass her them I see no reason y they wouldn't complete their goal

Martian_mind
Their primary defence against telepathy lies in Toyo, Peter and the Monk. Marvel has had a few telepath-heavy eras, which could significantly thin out the field. Remember, the Viltrumites don't hit for an hour, which is plenty of time to prepare. For a world with the Eternals, the Inhumans and Mutants, I think Marvel is being underestimated.

Parmaniac
The Problem is I have no idea about the status of heros of current marvel earth, otherwise nice thread I like scenario threads that require creativity.

Martian_mind
Originally posted by Parmaniac
The Problem is I have no idea about the status of heros of current marvel earth, otherwise nice thread I like scenario threads that require creativity.

The OP says that you may use Marvel at any time period you know. so if you have an era you'd like to use, go for it!

Parmaniac
The OP says that you may use Marvel at any time period you know. so if you have an era you'd like to use, go for it! facepalm I actually stopped reading at "This is current Marvel earth" and just went down to "Good luck and go nuts" my bad. I guess OP deus ex like characters are not what you originaly intended, like adult Franklin Richards etc. and more for a tactical description of a mid/high herald level (base level) cap right?

Martian_mind
facepalm I actually stopped reading at "This is current Marvel earth" and just went down to "Good luck and go nuts" my bad. I guess OP deus ex like characters are not what you originaly intended, like adult Franklin Richards etc. and more for a tactical description of a mid/high herald level (base level) cap right?

Yep, that would be ideal. The challenge is to come up with an intelligent strategy, rather than opting for cheap, raw power.

Sin I AM
The collateral damage from team 2 alone will keep the casualties high. Unless someone bfrs them there is no hope

Smurph
The name of the game is probably "stop any team from reaching India".

No team spawns there, and since they alone have 1.25 billion people, it's probably about quickly neutering the really big guns, and then preparing a strong defence for when Invincible-verse descends from orbit.

Martian_mind
And how would you go about protecting India?

Smurph
This could make a cool one-post tourney, where everybody needs to put forward a different strategy, and the most lives saved wins... or something.

Martian_mind
I'm down for that, if other people are. You're experienced with tournaments, could you suggest reliable posters who may be interested in participating?

DarkSaint85
I think I can.

If it goes to a BZ, then I'll post there. Otherwise, ill post it here.

deathslash
Sounds awesomr, I'd be down for doing something like that. On topic though, groups 1-4 are retarded powerful and group 5 definitely their fight.

Parmaniac
You should be more clear about the level cap then though. But I think I'd be in too.

EDIT: You sure you want Supreme in 1 then though? I checked his matches here on KMC he seems to be the "I 1 shot the planet for the easy win" type of character., at least powerwise.

Sin I AM
You should be more clear about the level cap then though. But I think I'd be in too.

EDIT: You sure you want Supreme in 1 then though? I checked his matches here on KMC he seems to be the "I 1 shot the planet for the easy win" type of character., at least powerwise.

Any version other than Alan Moore should be cool

bluewaterrider
The threat at #4 should rather easily be taken care of by "Fatal Attractions"-era Magneto (X-Men, circa 1992).

Scarlet315
Collect call to a Mr Reed Richards

deathslash
Originally posted by bluewaterrider
The threat at #4 should rather easily be taken care of by "Fatal Attractions"-era Magneto (X-Men, circa 1992). sure, but magneto doesn't operate in London.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by deathslash
sure, but magneto doesn't operate in London. Magik, Cloak, Dr. Strange, Pixie, Thor

tkitna
Originally posted by Scarlet315
Collect call to a Mr Reed Richards

Yep, I see the CAP Robot and Anti Galactus Suit being broken out along with other toys. A call to Dr. Strange probably wouldn't hurt while they are at it.

Martian_mind
Alright, so we have Parmaniac, Deathslash, Smurph and DS. Any other takers? I'm happy to run it with just the four.

staxamillion
:edit

looks pretty stacked I'd have to read up on some of these

Martian_mind
If everyone is keen, I'm happy to throw down some ground rules, and get the ball rolling. Would a Sunday deadline give everyone enough time to research/prepare?

basilisk
Originally posted by tkitna
Yep, I see the CAP Robot and Anti Galactus Suit being broken out along with other toys. A call to Dr. Strange probably wouldn't hurt while they are at it. CAP and the A-G suit would be extremely useful if they can get them, also some armies of Sentinels.

#3 would need a lot of magic users probably.

Also with all the tech/robots/mechs etc in the incoming waves, maybe get in some technopaths like Madison Jeffries and Vostok, and also Magneto, Kitty Pryde.

Get a crapload of telepaths working together through Cerebro.

Activate the Master of the World's planetary defense systems.

Recruit all races and mobilize to defend their world - Eternals & Deviants, Inhumans, Atlanteans, Wakandans, Subterraneans, Dracula and vampire armies, & release the inhabitants of Monster Island.

#8 - yowza... need some heavy hitters there.

tkitna
I cant wait to see how this plays out. Interesting.

Parmaniac
If everyone is keen, I'm happy to throw down some ground rules, and get the ball rolling. Would a Sunday deadline give everyone enough time to research/prepare? I'm not sure if I make it in time, people at work called in sick and I have to help out and I have the house full at the weekend. I wrote a bit down so far if I manage to complete it I'll post it if not then I post the stuff I have so far (in case I don't forget it).

But you should make some things more clear:

Power level cap of characters

Versions of the Characters you've listed (Supreme and Spawn for example)

and what I need to know: Are all those armies + their big name characters concentrated or scattered across the whole place where you placed them?

mighty adam
Team 3 is dumb powerfull

Sin I AM
Originally posted by basilisk

Recruit all races and mobilize to defend their world - Eternals & Deviants, Inhumans, Atlanteans, Wakandans, Subterraneans, Dracula and vampire armies, & release the inhabitants of Monster Island.

This strategy is least likely to work. It's be impossible to get these people to band together

Parmaniac
That's something I forgot in my list:
Am I more or less in control and order heros that usually don't kill to kill or are they still so much in character that they will refuse to do so and that rivalries/grudges will prevent certain characters from working together?

tkitna
I don't have any skin in this as my work schedule wont permit, but somebody needs to use Godzilla to step on at least a few characters.

https://static1.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_large/1/16281/320365-2901-19641-2-godzilla.jpg

Martian_mind
I'm not sure if I make it in time, people at work called in sick and I have to help out and I have the house full at the weekend. I wrote a bit down so far if I manage to complete it I'll post it if not then I post the stuff I have so far (in case I don't forget it).

But you should make some things more clear:

Power level cap of characters

Versions of the Characters you've listed (Supreme and Spawn for example)

and what I need to know: Are all those armies + their big name characters concentrated or scattered across the whole place where you placed them?

Ok, here we go.

Level Cap: You can only use entities below Trans-tier, so nothing over Trans-tier. This extends to Automatons and A.I's, so Anti-Galactus bot is out. Additionally, any technology you use must have a precedent, so you can't just say "Reed invents a device which does X". You have to prove that they have, at some point, constructed that very device, or a close approximation.

Spawn is in his original, debut form. He can make use of magic, yet too much will send him back to hell. However, he also knows this wil not be permanent, as Myx will free him at the invasions end. Supreme is early Liefield version. Power Rangers are their current BOOM incarnation, Voltron is Dynamite, all Valiant characters are current Valiant, Shadow and Doc Savage are Dynamite, Turtles and Transformers are IDW. Masters of the Universe characters are their most recent, DC-owned versions.

As to your last question, you are functioning in an advisory role. You can't make the heroes do anything they wouldn't normally do in this situation, however, they will know you are telling the truth about their worlds possible destruction, so if you can prove that would leave them willing to kill, go for it!

Blair Wind
Originally posted by Smurph
This could make a cool one-post tourney, where everybody needs to put forward a different strategy, and the most lives saved wins... or something.

thumb up

Martian_mind
Originally posted by Blair Wind
thumb up

May I take that as an entry?

Blair Wind
Phuck No lol

I have zero time. I really want to though because the concept sounds amazingly fun to think about. Maybe judge.

Martian_mind
Curses. I'll take that judging offer, though.

Alright, I'll send out a few PM's later tonight, see who's still interested in participating.

StyleTime
This sounds fun, but I'm completely clueless on too many characters here. He-Man's group, for example, is a complete unknown for me. I wouldn't even know what to prepare for or what to use again them.

And I'm too lazy to go read up on all of them.

deathslash
Ok, here we go.

Level Cap: You can only use entities below Trans-tier, so nothing over Trans-tier. This extends to Automatons and A.I's, so Anti-Galactus bot is out. Additionally, any technology you use must have a precedent, so you can't just say "Reed invents a device which does X". You have to prove that they have, at some point, constructed that very device, or a close approximation.

Spawn is in his original, debut form. He can make use of magic, yet too much will send him back to hell. However, he also knows this wil not be permanent, as Myx will free him at the invasions end. Supreme is early Liefield version. Power Rangers are their current BOOM incarnation, Voltron is Dynamite, all Valiant characters are current Valiant, Shadow and Doc Savage are Dynamite, Turtles and Transformers are IDW. Masters of the Universe characters are their most recent, DC-owned versions.

As to your last question, you are functioning in an advisory role. You can't make the heroes do anything they wouldn't normally do in this situation, however, they will know you are telling the truth about their worlds possible destruction, so if you can prove that would leave them willing to kill, go for it! kinda feels like you nerfed Spawn but alright. I'm just wondering two things: where is g.i. Joe and cobra and are the Indy characters concerned about their own survival (will they be brought back if they die)?

Smurph
Can I assume all other characters (non-heroes) are still on Marvel Earth, even if I can't advise them?

Are we now restricted to current Marvel?

Martian_mind
You may assume that all characters who primarily exist on earth will be there. And Tbh, I don't mind if everyone chooses their own era. Creativity will be the largest portion of the judging, so people will be disadvantage get themselves if they just pick an era for outright power.

As to G.I Joe, they are a set of characters I'm not particularly knowledgable about, so I didn't include them. The Indie characters are also unconcerned about their own lives. If they win, Myx brings them back. If they lose, their universe is destroyed, so they are fighting with everything they have.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.