Marvel or DC

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Which Universe have the best Martial artist and out of the two, which single character stands above all of them? Please do not include Karate Kid. Thanks.

TethAdamTheRock
DC, Batman Deathstroke

Zack M
Originally posted by carver9
Please do not include Karate Kid. Thanks.

laughing out loud Already limiting DC? DC has FOUR Karate Kids and with that, have the best MA's. Anyway, here are my top 5 for DC:

1. Cassandra Cain
2. Lady Shiva
3. Richard Dragon
4. Bronze Tiger
5. Batmeh.

Zack M
BTW, seeing as DC MERGED Wildstorm AND Milestone, they have the edge with streets/ Martial Artists. Wildstorm has the most stacked fighters in any comic company.

Damborgson
Yeah DC should be pretty far ahead.

I dont know who would be Marvels best.

-Wolverine
-Cap
-Black Panther
-Daredevil
-Iron Fist

???

In no particular order.

Zack M
Originally posted by Damborgson

-Wolverine
-Cap
-Black Panther
-Daredevil
-Iron Fist

???

In no particular order.

Check out CBR. Kind of a shit list.

Marvel's 15 Best Martial Artists

Supermutant
Shang Chi should be near the top for Marvel.

cdtm
Iron Fist and Shang Chi.

/thread

riv6672
Without KK, its about even.

spetznaz
When you take out Karate Kid, then the number two martial artist out of DC or Marvel is Batman.

Not Bruce Wayne, but rather the Batman from the 853rd Century - Batman One Million.

He is a master of martial arts from across the universe, including certain psychic styles. Not just styles from the expanded solar system, but from other worlds. This was a guy who singlehandedly took care of the entire super-prison planet of Pluto, which had the worst criminals ever.

If the best martial artist is Karate Kid, who was defeating pre-crisis Kryptonians and Daxamites, then the second best is Batman One Million.

riv6672
Interesting theory.

spetznaz
Originally posted by riv6672
Without KK, its about even.

There's always Batman One Million.

But seriously - I agree with you, which is why I usually stay away from DC vs Marvel threads (which are usually started by fanboys with an agenda). At a macro level, both universes are equal. Sure, some have certain overhangs (e.g. DC with speedsters and Marvel with mutants), but once everything is put together and shaken out they are equal.

And again, we are talking about characters that a writer can decide are significantly stronger or weaker next week. That's the level of subjectivity at play here, which is why I don't get some fanboys (it's a real low for someone to get attached to the simplest form of literature there is - the comic book - which is just a few wrungs above a children's coloring book. Sure, they are entertaining, but definitely nothing for some to get attached to). Obviously I'm not talking about you. It's obvious who they are.

Anyway, I agree 100%. For both universes, in aggregate, it is about even. Marvel has some 'cosmic level' martial artists as well that, written well, can be a match for even KK.

riv6672
I liked your post on Batman 1M, it was, like i said, interesting. I hadnt even considered him.

And i a gree that

Also that

But its a slow posting night.

Zack M
Originally posted by spetznaz
When you take out Karate Kid, then the number two martial artist out of DC or Marvel is Batman.

Not Bruce Wayne, but rather the Batman from the 853rd Century - Batman One Million.

He is a master of martial arts from across the universe, including certain psychic styles. Not just styles from the expanded solar system, but from other worlds. This was a guy who singlehandedly took care of the entire super-prison planet of Pluto, which had the worst criminals ever.

If the best martial artist is Karate Kid, who was defeating pre-crisis Kryptonians and Daxamites, then the second best is Batman One Million.

Forgot about him. thumb up He's a cut above everyone. I wonder who would win; KK or Batman 1M?

spetznaz
Originally posted by Zack M
Forgot about him. thumb up He's a cut above everyone. I wonder who would win; KK or Batman 1M?

At their respective bests? KK. The skill and speed level required to do what he was doing back then is prodigious. Additionally, he could detect weak points and use them to break the DC equivalent of adamantium at the time.

At their most recent depictions? BM1M. KK is still an amazing martial artist, but he has been made more 'human' while BM1M's far fewer appearances mean that his greatest feats are still at play (e.g. being able to split himself into several people, crazy IQ, super martial arts). Thus BM1M should win based on the most recent KK (and this is not a knock on KK in any way).

But overall, KK is numero uno.

DarkSaint85
Not like carver hasn't been called up on this before.

Originally posted by -Pr-
The moment you barred Karate Kid was the moment you showed your bias.

All there is to say, really.

Damborgson
Originally posted by Zack M
Check out CBR. Kind of a shit list.

Marvel's 15 Best Martial Artists

Yeah...that seems suspect for sure. No wolverine and Karnark is really high.

riv6672
TBF all the people on that list are better than Wolverine.

Prof. T.C McAbe
KK

1. Batman
2. - X. who cares.

TheHulk
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Not like carver hasn't been called up on this before. Tbf Karate Kid is undoubtedly the best...

Edit: Honestly the question should have been who is the 2nd best MA in Marvel or DC.

carver9
Why are people using incarnations of characters that almost doesn't exist anymore? Let's stay with current incarnations please.

DarkSaint85
Def not Wolverine, then, lol, as he's dead.

cdtm

laughing

spetznaz
laughing

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Damborgson

-Wolverine
-Cap
-Black Panther
-Daredevil
-Iron Fist

???

In no particular order.

Nice list, Zack has a thread with pretty much these guys on Marvel, seems telling that OP of this thread thinks its stacked in DCs favour, though.

riv6672
And not a great MA.

deathslash
I think people are forgetting about Mantis, moon dragon, and gamora.......

cdtm
Originally posted by deathslash
I think people are forgetting about Mantis, moon dragon, and gamora.......

So any Karate Kid level character except Karate Kid. Seems fair.

Zack M
DC has several cosmic/alien Martial artists, as well. Fatality, Forerunner, Batman 1M, Avatar, etc...

riv6672
Originally posted by cdtm
So any Karate Kid level character except Karate Kid. Seems fair.
NO character is at KKs level but KK. He's the 31st century space jam.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.