The Case For Christ (2017)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Patient_Leech
Haha.. This movie looks horrible...

rhe8KhSxWGo

Apparently this story was covered 10 years ago, too...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1153037/?ref_=nv_sr_2

Surtur
What in the utter f*ck? Lol, this movie makes it seem like the fact Jesus wasn't magic was the revelation of the century.

This makes Dan Brown look like Shakespeare.

Emperordmb
Someone should rename this section the **** religion section cause that's basically what this is at this point.

Beniboybling
You should teach em what's what DMB.

Emperordmb
I have no interest in converting anyone, just in not being viewed as part of some disease that needs to be eradicated from the face of the earth or some shit.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Emperordmb
some disease that needs to be eradicated from the face of the earth tempting idea. smile

Patient_Leech
Someone should rename this section the **** religion section cause that's basically what this is at this point.

Haha.. well, Religion is a crock of shit. We can't help that. It is what it is.

Hey, I'm one who thinks that stories and myths are useful. They were a means for our ancestors to make sense of the world. They have meaning when taken as figurative (not literal) stories. But they are not meant to be taken literally. After all if they are literal they actually don't have meaning. If they are literal they are simply boring ol' history (which of course they're not, they're not reliable as historical documents). But if they have metaphor and symbolism they have meaning. Same thing with our modern stories, books, comics, movies, etc.

Surtur
Ge45R9qoW_Y

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Surtur
Ge45R9qoW_Y

laughing out loud laughing laughing out loud

That spells it out pretty succinctly.

socool8520
I have no interest in converting anyone, just in not being viewed as part of some disease that needs to be eradicated from the face of the earth or some shit.

This is how non believers were viewed for a very long time. Hell, Religions have been hostile towards each other for ages.

That being said, I don't think you should be eradicated from the Earth. I support whatever belief gets you through the day in a positive manner. I do enjoy the debate however. It may seem as though I am dismissal of your thoughts/find them foolish, but honestly I just like to ask questions that will bring out a religious person's point of view. I enjoy getting an understanding of other people's viewpoints whether I agree or not. I apologize if I have made you feel this way.

Surtur
I'm just waiting for "The Case for Muhammad" to come out. It stars a dude frantically trying to find a way to normalize pedophilia and the beheading of Jews.

Stigma
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Haha.. well, Religion is a crock of shit. We can't help that. It is what it is.
LOL

I sense great anger in you smile

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by socool8520
That being said, I don't think you should be eradicated from the Earth. I support whatever belief gets you through the day in a positive manner. I do enjoy the debate however. It may seem as though I am dismissal of your thoughts/find them foolish, but honestly I just like to ask questions that will bring out a religious person's point of view. I enjoy getting an understanding of other people's viewpoints whether I agree or not. I apologize if I have made you feel this way.

Yeah, I have been a religious moderate for a long time, or at least of the attitude that whatever, as long as what you believe doesn't hurt anyone that's fine. And certainly beliefs of Muslim extremists are the "extreme" example. Obviously they are completely damaging beliefs in a direct and undeniable way, but even beliefs that at first seem benign have significant consequences, like Christian beliefs that Jesus is coming back to fix the world/take people to heaven. So the logical conclusion to that belief is that we don't need to take care with what we do with this planet and this life because we have another, more perfect life after this one. And also unverifiable beliefs about souls living in zygotes which are blocking stem cell research. These are significant consequences that affect millions and reverberate through political discourse and the structure of laws. So to me piousness is not a virtue like we are trained to believe. It is not virtuous to believe in superstitions for which there is weak or very little evidence.

I'm just waiting for "The Case for Muhammad" to come out. It stars a dude frantically trying to find a way to normalize pedophilia and the beheading of Jews.
laughing out loud That would be truly awe-inspiring.

riv6672
Basically its just young people showing how cool they are by shitting on an easy target, and a few posters trolling by posting about controversial topics.

JesusLovesYou
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Haha.. This movie looks horrible...

rhe8KhSxWGo

Apparently this story was covered 10 years ago, too...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1153037/?ref_=nv_sr_2

Your YouTube video is based on this man. It is his real-life story. Good TRUE story too.

Ikxb09pyZwM

Flyattractor
Ge45R9qoW_Y

If people back then where "Nice & Friendly" to each other because Religion hadn't been "CREATED" yet....Why were they caring those swords?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.