Star Wars Battlefront II (EA)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ridley_Prime
Well here we go... Sigh.

https://twitter.com/EAStarWars/status/847168610460209152

http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/news/star-wars-battlefront-ii-celebration?utm_campaign=swbf_hd_ww_ic_soco_twt_swbfii-celebrationannounce-3292017-tw&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&cid=30856&ts=1490824518428

Will soon see if this delivers any of what the previous one failed to.

NemeBro
Was anyone here stupid enough to buy this aggressively mediocre game?

Ridley_Prime
If there was, I think it was a minority as far as here. Phuck the masses who made the first one very successful though, especially if they never played the real Battlefronts from early 2000's.

BackFire
I considered buying it when it was on sale a few weeks back for like $7.

Kazenji
Still haven't brought the first one from EA

the 2005 one is still a better version.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Well here we go... Sigh.

https://twitter.com/EAStarWars/status/847168610460209152

http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/news/star-wars-battlefront-ii-celebration?utm_campaign=swbf_hd_ww_ic_soco_twt_swbfii-celebrationannounce-3292017-tw&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&cid=30856&ts=1490824518428

Will soon see if this delivers any of what the previous one failed to.

Look, i didn't support, Battlefield when it first came out. I said it was half of a game, which it was, but unfortunately, that's the case with the vast majority of online games these days. Take the game of the year for example, Overwatch. There's absolutely no reason why that should have won, Game of the year. Yeah, it was an incredibly polished game with a lot of characters, but there was very little to the game. I'm not saying, Battleborn was a better game, but it had far more content than, Overwatch as did, Battlefront...,at least in variety.

I think we all need to stop sucking the the dick of Battlefront 1 & 2 because there is absolutely no way those games could exist in this day and age. If you remember the way those games were designed ,they were terrible. There was no single player campign in either game mode. Tis is the biggest problem i point out to all original, Battlefront, fans because they seem to forget that there was no, Campaign mode in these games.

These games were designed to be Multiplayer games but they weren't, they were completely designed as singled player games. The game play quickly became redundant because of such.

Look at modern The day Battlefield, it's the first one of it's kind. It's a cross platform multiplayer that;s accessible. The graphics are state of the art and the game play is as silky smooth as you could hope for, however people cry fowl because it doesn't feel like the old, Battlefields. however, i would argue how it doesn't feel like them and i can prove you wrong. The one thing people forget is that Dice haad only six months to work on this game and considering what they delivered i "personally" can;t have any complaints. I agree. There Should have been some kind of singkle player mode," in place of the lack of content" however, Dice has delivered on the content they promisedm which more than i can say about most game companies. I' just saying..., dice had six months to crete what they did with the Battlefront franchise and i think they've done a beautiful job with it especially considering the time they had to work with it. Battlefront is still one of the best looking anf best sounding game you'll see from this generation of consoles and even PC's. That means a lot for games these days. Like i said before, go back and look at the old, Battlefront's, No one wants to play them anymore because they're so, Obsolete, Dice hade SIX months to make the game they produced, It does a lot whilst standing apart from it's, Battlefield counterpart.

Ridley_Prime
Fair enough. Can see where you're coming from for the most part and even as much as I enjoy Overwatch, I can admit it getting GoTY was pretty questionable. As disappointed as I was with EA's Battlefront too, won't deny that it fits the mold for the kind of games that tend to be released now, tho was still left wanting more.

If it's any consolation, I at least have more hope for this Battlefront II than I did EA's first one since it's said to have a campaign and maybe some other things.

Nemesis X
Am kinda glad Overwatch got GOTY. That game's success I feel gave a middle finger to all these devs/publishers constantly telling everyone who bought the base game for $60 to go buy a $30-$40 season pass for upcoming maps, characters, emotes, skins, etc. with constant free DLC that's going to keep on coming as more and more people buy.

Hopefully it gives multiplayer games like Battlefront here a wake up call but if the idiot masses keep supporting these BS practices for it, then they deserve what the likes of EA, Activision, 2K and Ubisoft throw at them.

Smasandian
But Overwatch has microtransactions and even worst, it's randomized.

Feel free to complain about DLC but don't use Overwatch as the shining example it isn't. How about original TF2 where there was a map editor and 75% of the maps being played were player created. And better, Valve took those maps and made them official maps so it can be played on official servers.

FinalAnswer
Overwatch's microtransactions aren't nearly as in your face as TF2's, tbh

EDIT: Unless by original you mean before it became Hat Fortress 2

Smasandian
Yeah, I do.

I think Valve screwed Team Fortress 2 up when they released the ability to get hats. And then further compounded the problem when it went free to play.

But pre-hat update, TF2 was a great example on how to release new content. You received new modes, new maps and allowed you to host dedicated servers. They also used popular custom maps on officials lists and then eventually released all new weapons for each class for free.

However, they ****ed all that up by turning one of the best MP in the industry with crafting and microtransactions.

Firefly218
Can't they just let this die and give us something like KOTOR instead, it could be a blockbuster with today's technology

Smasandian
There is multiple different developers making different Star Wars games.

There is also two other projects on the go. One from Respawn and other from Viscereal with Uncharted wrtier Amy Hennig.

John Murdoch
Originally posted by Firefly218
Can't they just let this die and give us something like KOTOR instead, it could be a blockbuster with today's technology

Yep yep yep yep yep. If only EA would let BioWare really sink its teeth into developing a true action-RPG KOTOR title again...

ares834
https://vimeo.com/212842535

Hot damn. Game will probably be shit but a post-RotJ Campaign & all eras?! I just can't help myself.

Ridley_Prime
That... surprises me. Was expecting some post-RotJ, but not all eras. Sweet.

Smasandian
Hmm, I liked BF1 campaign so I wonder if this game will follow the same suit in providing different stories instead of one cohesive narrative.

And I never played the SP because it was too arcadey for me. If they follow in DICE's BF series and add space to land battles I would be very intrigued.

ares834
I'd expect a single narrative following that one Imperial chick up through the Battle of Jakku. It could be quite cool if done right.

Smasandian
You might be right.

I'm not sure DICE makes the effort to design work for all eras and not include any of those within the SP campaign. BF1 had multiple stories and it was very effective because it allowed them to showcase multiple theaters.

steverules_2
There's a short trailer, looks like a single player story has been added

xL3Deh-wOaM

Ridley_Prime
Well things are really looking up for this game now, with having a story that's apparently canon to the SW universe and things... This could very well be the Battlefront we deserve after many years, which none of us would think to say after the last one.

Smasandian
For a franchise, all it takes is a one very good game.

This looks good but I want to see how multiplayer is. Is it going to be the "token" thing like previous or something similar to Battlefield. I'm not sure. The story looks good and it will feature missions from all 3 eras so that should be pretty damn sweet.

EA and DICE should be criticized for the previous game but I wonder how much push they got from Disney tor release before The Force Awakens. I wouldn't be surprised if corners had to be cut due to the lack of time they had to release it.

-Pr-
Not touching it until I see what the story is like, but if it's decent, I'll most likely buy it.

Smasandian
Me too.

As well, I want to see that MP. If it's BF with Star Wars, it's almost a buy.

-Pr-
I'm not as pushed on the multiplayer, but if the rest of the game is solid, i'll most likely partake.

I did with Battlefront 2 back in the day, so I can see it happening again.

steverules_2
Full trailer, the single player story has actually got me interested, though Luke looks more like Aunt Beru

ngd2d0wrCj0

Nemesis X
With a story mode confirmed, all playable eras confirmed, followed by confirmation from the devs there WON'T be a season pass, Battlefront II is looking promising.

-Pr-
No season pass but JFC look at the preorder bonuses:

https://www.ea.com/games/starwars/battlefront/battlefront-2/buy

Nemesis X
Yeah none of that's gonna give an advantage over the ones who didn't buy the Deluxe Edition at all. They may as well put "F*** You" on the back of standard covers in bold at Day 1.

ares834
I'll take it over a season pass any day.

NemeBro
How is actual pay2win better than a season pass?

ares834
I'm assuming it's just some better weapons and the like that you can unlock later on after leveling up. Which doesn't really bother me unless it takes hours and hours of grinding. But we'll see I guess.

Smasandian
I take that as getting a heads up on leveling. I rather have a standard edition and that's it but I don't take it as pay to win.

It doesn't really matter because 3 days after the game gets released, 25% of the people you fight against are going to be leveled that much anyways. This is based on every single BF release ever.

Every other DICE games does not have upgrades/abilities only available to season pass owners and I don't see them doing it here.

steverules_2
I'll pre-order it when I can on Amazon

Zack Fair
i hope it tanks.

ares834
Why? It seems they have taken all the criticism to heart. They've added all the eras, classes are back, seem to have an engaging campaign, couch coop is on consoles, etc... I'm quite optimistic.

-Pr-
Disappointed about the non-pc split-screen, even If I can understand the reasoning for it.

Ridley_Prime
Yeah, but this game has still shown too much good will so far (especially compared to its predecessor) to reasonably hope that it bombs. Wtf Zack.

CosmicComet
So...this is canon?

Zack Fair
Yeah, but this game has still shown too much good will so far (especially compared to its predecessor) to reasonably hope that it bombs. Wtf Zack.

xD

Some men just want to see the world burn.

No worries though. This game will sell no matter if its ass.

Placidity
Originally posted by Zack Fair
xD

Uh Oh, you're excluding women with that quote.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by CosmicComet
So...this is canon?
Apparently so.

Originally posted by Zack Fair
xD

No worries though. This game will sell no matter if its ass.
Well it's not like I'm gonna invest in it if it's shit, but it sounds like you just want it to fail no matter how it turns out. After the last one which I never got I can understand in some ways, but eh, to each their own I guess.

Originally posted by Placidity
Uh Oh, you're excluding women with that quote.
lolz

Kazenji
The game is being written by a Spec Ops: The Line's Writer And An Ex-IGN Reporter

https://www.kotaku.com.au/2017/04/star-wars-battlefront-2-is-written-by-spec-ops-the-lines-writer-and-an-ex-ign-reporter/

I liked Spec Ops: The Line, It's just the gameplay that let it down.

Kazenji
A new trailer is set to be released on June 10.

Kazenji
_q51LZ2HpbE

Zack Fair
DLC will be free..... I take back what I said about wanting the game to bomb. Hope the gameplay delivers so this can become an example of how to positively respond to fans reactions over a controversial release.

Developers should take note.

Granted it is still EA .....but still.

Nemesis X
Yeah but EA will be installing a loot box system to make up for the free content however. Said boxes contain cards that boost your soldier's stats. The internet is already freaking out and labeling it as pay to win.

|King Joker|

-Pr-
More info:

SNGWh_-R1VE

Still no ROTS Kenobi.

Ridley_Prime
Open beta will be on the 6th, or the 4th for those who pre-ordered, but meh, I can wait a couple days.

Kazenji
Just seen Disney has restored 2005's Battlefront II Multiplayer on PC through Steam & GOG.

Arachnid1
db8ostiGgAY

It looks good.

Ridley_Prime
So anyone else try out the beta yet? Impressions so far?

Arachnid1
It's glitched for me. I cant accept the use agreement. :/

Nemesis X
I think you gotta restart the system and then it'll work.

Ridley_Prime
Yeah, the same happened to me initially. Had to hard reset, and then it worked.

Trocity
The game is awesome.

Arachnid1
https://www.ea.com/games/starwars/battlefront/battlefront-2/news/progression-oct-2017? utm_campaign=swbf2_hd_ww_ic_soco_twt_swbfiiprogres
sion-tw&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&cid=40197&ts=1509470319281

They somewhat fixed the progression, for anyone who cares. Not completely, but its a start.

Kazenji
G1Ky9-OoWyo

Ridley_Prime
Just finished watching that a few minutes ago. Good shit. Am happy to support this game without a doubt now.

Kazenji
So your okay with them using loot boxes to encourage use of different playstyles?

just add daily/weekly challenges for that stuff.

Ridley_Prime

Rebel95
Downloading now.... Taking so long

Nemesis X
It happened, guys. EA removed all microtransactions from Battlefront II after so much controversy (temporarily though).

https://kotaku.com/ea-temporarily-removes-microtransactions-from-star-wars-1820528445

ares834
Yeah, it's a major victory. Hopefully they completely replace the progression system and microtransactions are for purely cosmetic items.

-Pr-
Wouldn't be surprised if this is in response to Belgium and EA are just trying to save face.

BackFire
It's only temporary and another article said that when they bring them back they will be tied to progression (AKA, not just cosmetic stuff). They're likely attempting a bait and switch, here. They want to save face for a month or two and get some gamers to say "oh ok I can buy this game now". Then after launch, and after christmas, when all these people bought the game under the guise of decent business practices, they will reintroduce the predatory practices and things will revert to how they were.

In short, if you have a problem with the practices EA was attempting with this game before this temporary removal, you should still not buy this game.

ares834

-Pr-
Originally posted by BackFire
It's only temporary and another article said that when they bring them back they will be tied to progression (AKA, not just cosmetic stuff). They're likely attempting a bait and switch, here. They want to save face for a month or two and get some gamers to say "oh ok I can buy this game now". Then after launch, and after christmas, when all these people bought the game under the guise of decent business practices, they will reintroduce the predatory practices and things will revert to how they were.

In short, if you have a problem with the practices EA was attempting with this game before this temporary removal, you should still not buy this game.

Agreed.

I read that Bob Iger at Disney actually called up EA and told them to cut the shit, which, if it's true, says a lot about how Disney treats negative publicity.

The Lost
I definitely don't think they're stalling microtransactions just to wait and then implement a "faux" fixed system or not change anything at all. I know this position is certainly popular but it borderlines on conspiracy, for me. It's mostly what I see in the more run-of-the-mill criticisms of how this game is handling it's microtransaction system.

The reasonable question is perhaps whether or not they will make enormous changes to the progression or minor ones. This almost depends on what type of changes they make. The exploration into merely cosmetic microtransactions is not likely going to be what the overhaul is.

I think EA definitely made a myriad of mistakes when designing how this game's progression works and focused far too much on purchasable crates, etc.

However, this does not mean the changes they make in the coming weeks (and months) will necessarily be modest. A lot could really happen, considering a backlash of this size is foreign to EA, despite their reputation and backlashes they have previously encountered from the past. No one probably saw that hero prices would drop by 75% from what is, according to many, essentially the Nazi regime of video game companies. We will have to see.

BackFire
Sure they could make good permanent changes. Best to wait and see before purchasing the game until you know for sure.

The Lost
If you had said it was best to wait to purchase microtransactions in the future if there are good permanent changes to microtransactions in the future? I'd agree. The rest of the game itself? I can't. If the gameplay looks intriguing enough to someone and they wish to play with friends, it is not a big deal.

Yeah, some responses to what I'm saying will likely go in the direction of, "If you buy it, you're contributing to them doing it in the future! Vote with your wallet!"

DICE has over 700 hundred employees and EA has almost 8000. Most of these individuals, particularly at DICE, worked hard toward making a fun and enjoyable experience in their game without much thought put into the microtransactions (I imagine it was a handful of dudes in a boardroom making decisions concerning game income and microtransactions). Disney is already frustrated due to the timing of the backlash (close to TLJ release) and that's likely harmed the exclusivity deal. Also, they've sharply reduced hero costs (as mentioned before) and pulled microtransactions to make alterations. Also, DLC in the future is going to be free.

To address the gaming community's response to this in general? The cost of the game itself is the standard price of a triple A title in the industry and, at this point, what you're getting isn't so bad. I'd advise against anyone purchasing microtransactions in the future if changes aren't convincing enough and did before they were removed, sure, but warding off on the entire game (even with the absurd din in the tooooootally non-toxic gaming community) when they are doing something, regardless of whether it is because they care or it's attrition? It's not the greatest chasm of difference for what effect it produces.

However, if people don't wish to buy, it's obviously not a big deal. I totally get why and respect that decision. The thing that is primarily bugging me is the shaky arguments and patronizing high-horse bullshit that some who are telling others not to buy are exhibiting. It's unsurprising, anyway. This is how the gaming community is and it's always why this controversy will generate more laughs than enormous overhauls to the industry and then people will forget in a few weeks. These people are isolating those who actually agree with them.

BackFire
Yeah if someone doesn't really care about the microtransaction shit and just wants to play the game, and will have fun with it, then they should buy it and enjoy it. More power to them, I don't care. My initial point was towards those who might have been against the predatory microtransactions to the point that they were withholding their purchase. Those people should continue holding off on their purchase until we see what alterations EA decides to make to the microtransactions when they re-implement them.

Personally, I wasn't going to buy the game anyways. I had no interest in it. I'm just watching the shitshow from the sidelines. I am happy that a lot of professional reviewers are dinging their scores so significantly over the predatory practices, though. Other publishers need to learn that this kind of stuff is not okay and won't be accepted. If they see this game earn a low score, and have sales that suffer, then that makes it less likely they'll try to utilize a similar scheme.

The Lost
Originally posted by BackFire
Yeah if someone doesn't really care about the microtransaction shit and just wants to play the game, and will have fun with it, then they should buy it and enjoy it. More power to them, I don't care. My initial point was towards those who might have been against the predatory microtransactions to the point that they were withholding their purchase. Those people should continue holding off on their purchase until we see what alterations EA decides to make to the microtransactions when they re-implement them.

Personally, I wasn't going to buy the game anyways. I had no interest in it. I'm just watching the shitshow from the sidelines. I am happy that a lot of professional reviewers are dinging their scores so significantly over the predatory practices, though. Other publishers need to learn that this kind of stuff is not okay and won't be accepted. If they see this game earn a low score, and have sales that suffer, then that makes it less likely they'll try to utilize a similar scheme.

No doubt the microtransactions are ill-conceived. I'd say most people agree with that. What I had a problem with, as I explained, was that the community is lashing out in all directions against people who might agree with them regarding the microtransactions but still purchased the game. Some have labelled it rationalizing, some have said people are stupid suckers, and others have even claimed those who are purchasing are "mentally ill."

What I am saying is that this will drive away a larger potential audience who might question and/or second guess an EA preorder in the future. It reminds me, a little bit, of the demographic increase of atheists back in the mid 2000s. These people likely weren't incorrect and were thinking reasonably but it lead to obnoxious highfaluting and infighting amongst people who basically didn't disagree. Basically, the dude said it best when he claimed "you're not wrong, you're just an *******."

At just about every corner of social media, I've been essentially told I don't have enough of a problem with it because I purchased the game, even though I haven't touched a microtransaction. "You're supporting the company who implemented it!" Yeah, that company with thousands of employees who did more than just throw together a system to purchase items in-game. They, well, made a game.

Like I said when we first discussed this, there's gotta be consistency with the community who wants to sit firmly on their pedestal. No more cheap clothing, no more Walmart, Amazon, Google, Nestle, Apple, etc... Otherwise, you don't really take issue with predatory practices. You're likely just on the bandwagon for the ride, another reason that could undercut taking this issue with legitimate seriousness. (Not you specifically, obviously. I know you're not like that and, for the most part, I agree with you. Just speaking to the more toxic elements of the gaming community).

TL;DR: The moral indignation of the gaming community is self-destructing what it's trying to do.

Smasandian
I usually don't have a problem with microtransactions. Sports games have been doing it for years and if somebody wants to pay money to get leveled up quickly....no problem.

However, how they did these types of microtransactions is pretty damn brutal. Take 40 hours to get a hero you want? Bullshit. Can't get credits after doing too many hours in arcade mode? More bullshit.

But I'm not surprised EA has done this with Battlefront. They probably paid 500 million or more for the rights to make Star Wars videogames and probably spent 30-50 million bucks making each game (or more!) so EA has to recoup it's cost somehow. It's just shitty they did it in this style.

But I do agree regarding the video game community. A community destroyed Andromeda before it was released. It wasn't a fantastic game but it wasn't terrible...5-10 years ago, it would of considered a "good" game and done reasonably well. Now, games are either terrible or fantastic without any middle ground and one of the reasons why singleplayer games are not selling as well. It's a shame.

The Lost
Originally posted by Smasandian
A community destroyed Andromeda before it was released. It wasn't a fantastic game but it wasn't terrible...5-10 years ago, it would of considered a "good" game and done reasonably well. Now, games are either terrible or fantastic without any middle ground and one of the reasons why singleplayer games are not selling as well. It's a shame.

If I agreed any harder, my head would explode.

BackFire
I think it would have been considered good, or at least better, simply had it come out before Inquisition. And then that would have been considered the uninspired knock-off of the Bioware game that proceeded it.

-Pr-
Andromeda deserved a lot of the flak it got, imo. It isn't a crap game, but it IS a Mass Effect game, and standards slash expectations were rightfully high.

What we got, imo, didn't meet them.

Though, I have to disagree with the point that single-player games don't sell well anymore. Really good ones still do.

Smasandian
Oh I absolutely agree. Andromeda had high expectations and many, many problems but it's not terrible. Far from it. There is a lot of good in it.

Single player games are never going to be dead. Even AAA titles. It's just not something people want anymore because there has been 10 years of fantastic single player games that have been released and people want something different.

For instance, Destiny style games are the rage right now but it's basically a Diabo style game from 20 years ago. Online shooters were something everybody wanted but now....a game like Lawbreakers can't even get 500 people to play it.

More and more game developers will make clones of what's big right now and 5 years from now, one company will make a dedicated AAA singleplayer game and people will buy tons of them and the cycle will repeat.

FinalAnswer
If a game's animations are so awful I struggle not to projectile vomit while watching them, the game's terrible.

Nemesis X
What are the chances now that Disney might pull the Star Wars license away from EA after this fiasco?

Ridley_Prime
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vg247.com/2018/03/20/star-wars-battlefront-2-take-a-look-at-the-updated-star-cards-unlocks-and-progression-systems/amp/

yes

Nemesis X
Good news, fellow Xbox owners. If you didn't want to play this Battlefront 2 and wanted to play the classic one instead, wish granted. Both the first and second Battlefronts from good 'ol Lucasarts are backwards compatible along with other Star Wars games.

https://kotaku.com/morrowind-bioware-star-wars-classics-coming-to-xbox-1825159409

Nemesis X
On the 18th will be arriving what sounds like a limited time survival horror mode where Stormtroopers must survive an Ewok attack.

https://www.polygon.com/2018/4/13/1...wok-battle-mode

This is great

Ridley_Prime
W-lwHrw_914

Grievous has been pretty fun so far since he released last month. Will be looking forward to Obi-Wan. thumb up Dooku and Anakin will be on the way too; glad they listened to more Clone Wars content.

Jmanghan
W-lwHrw_914

Grievous has been pretty fun so far since he released last month. Will be looking forward to Obi-Wan. thumb up Dooku and Anakin will be on the way too; glad they listened to more Clone Wars content. The best part of Episode 1 was Qui-Gon, I want some Qui-Gon action.

Ridley_Prime
Him or Mace Windu would be nice; at least for me, Mace is the only real notable omission at this point.

samhain
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Good news, fellow Xbox owners. If you didn't want to play this Battlefront 2 and wanted to play the classic one instead, wish granted. Both the first and second Battlefronts from good 'ol Lucasarts are backwards compatible along with other Star Wars games.

Well now I know what I'm doing on my 2 days off.

Jmanghan
Him or Mace Windu would be nice; at least for me, Mace is the only real notable omission at this point. Oh hell yeah, Mace for sure.

Tzeentch
W-lwHrw_914

Grievous has been pretty fun so far since he released last month. Will be looking forward to Obi-Wan. thumb up Dooku and Anakin will be on the way too; glad they listened to more Clone Wars content. Interesting. Should have been in the game from day 1 though, so no love from me.

Ridley_Prime
To be fair to the game, it's had consistent content updates from the start, releasing Finn and Phasma when TLJ came out, skins of the younger Han and Lando and stuff when Han Solo came out (along with new maps from both recent movies).. There was plenty more Clone Wars content added earlier on too like more Clone Trooper skins and whatnot. Just sucks it took as long as it did for more heroes/villains of that era to be added. The game became less prioritized for EA to support over time when their initial plans for it got thwarted over the lootbox controversy, but glad DICE still compensated and pulled through with what people were wanting from the game.

I get where you're coming from though. This gen of games would be ****ed if developers couldn't patch/change things after release, the progression system in this game's case, and there should be higher standards of how a game is day 1. A game ought to be great when it's released at launch, not eventually somewhere down the line... The Halo Master Chief Collection is the worst offender of that though, when it took like 4 years to finally fix it. That shit shouldn't be the standard for companies, even if No Man's Sky is good and praised now.

Smasandian
I agree in principle but this isn't a generation thing. This shit has happened since Atari.

Patches just allow developer to fix a broken situation and it can become a good thing. I never understood the problem with patches and content updates.

Ridley_Prime
yFH3cllzpcA

Blessed update. Wasnt expecting too much more after they added the last of the prequel characters like Anakin and Dooku, so was pleasantly surprised to see this mode that is more reminiscent of the OG Battlefront experience. Galactic Assault on Genosis is pretty good too though.

How they improved the lightsaber dueling combat with the update is also praiseworthy.

Arachnid1
Also, if you still have the OG BFII on Xbox, Major Nelson claims it will have full online capability when it launches on next months GWG. It might have been an error on his part but IDK

Ridley_Prime
I have the OG Battlefront's on PS2, so eh...

Even if I had them on original Xbox though, I don't know, I feel happy enough with the current BF2 to make due with it. Feels like the game we deserved on day 1 and then some, particularly as a game that has a solid roster and content for all three Star Wars eras. More Starfighter Assault maps or something would still be nice too, but even with OG Battlefront backwards compatibility, this is no longer a game I see much reason for Star Wars fans to sleep on. It's become a fantastic addition to the series too.

I guess to be fair, even the first EA BF from 2015, harsh as me and people were on it, became more of a complete game by the end of its cycle, but by then it was too little too late for me to get invested, but the prequel and sequel era stuff for this game got me interested enough to try it sooner than later. DICE did the Battlefront series a solid, despite how long it took for their games to reach their full potential.

Ridley_Prime
Hopefully the leak for Ahsoka and Ventress is true. Was brought to my attention when many Star Wars/Battlefront youtubers started covering it recently, but with the heroes and villains character select screen looking like it still has one roster space left, in addition to the hype of the new Clone Wars season, their addition to the game in an update or two would be well timed and anticipated.

Also like what I'm hearing about Maul being given a block function ability (though I get why he wasn't initially) among other potential hero changes.

Can say too Capital Supremacy became one of my favorite modes in the game, even if it gets repetitive at times, but there's no way I would've fully leveled up my vehicle classes otherwise. The new infiltration class consisting of the ARC clone troopers and the commando droids have also been pretty fun. thumb up

Oh, the 10% discount offer for Jedi Fallen Order for owners of this game is also nice I guess.

-Pr-
A few weeks back they added Felucia, Clone Commandos and a new co-op mode. Co-op has been a ****ing blast so far. Really, really good.

Ridley_Prime
thumb up I finally got enough kills to unlock the last weapons with my Specialist class and upgrade them thanks to that mode. That mode is the best for progressing with the four trooper classes in general and then some once you get used to how the enemy AI's on the mode operate.

Felucia's alright, but the Clone Commandos are definitely fun. Couldn't unsee though once some said that his backside looks like he's wearing a diaper... or maybe Commando boy is too thicc for them! But yeah, his abilities and pretty much no cooldown on his weapon, refreshing.

Was definitely for the best that they replaced the health cards for the heroes/villains, which was pretty much a crutch for prolonged survival on any of the modes outside HvV, and love most of the new cards that took their place in comparison. Was also about time that A New Hope skin was added for Luke for an upcoming community event, like the one they had for Leia and her princess skin earlier on. Luke in general I think has also passed up even Anakin as the most OP playable Jedi after all the buffs he had gotten. Guess maybe they felt they had to try and make up for his treatment in The Last Jedi somehow, but I'm not complaining... much.

-Pr-
I suck at specialist, and even i was able to get him to 30 and on to his 3rd weapon by playing co-op. So much fun.

I just wish they'd give us a Bespin Luke skin.

Ridley_Prime
qbVsjbBllKQ

Tzeentch
Worst era.

Trocity
People still play this?

xPRIMEx

xPRIMEx

Rebel95

Ridley_Prime
Yeah, the game has had a growing strong community with all the support/updates its gotten. Got me the new Rey skin first; the ones for Kylo and Finn might get next.

48rfu6plrk0

Can confirm the Sith Trooper is pretty fun to use. Might even top the Clone Commando there. New map looks alright too.

-Pr-
I still occasionally play it; just kind of in a holding pattern where I'm waiting for them to add the OT to co-op (which is by far my favourite mode).

I do plan to try the ST levels in it, and as far as the game at large goes, I can't recommend it enough.

Ridley_Prime
Yeah, all that's missing now is OT getting added to the mix of Co-op and Capital Supremacy. DICE folks on the forums did say they had plans for more OT presence in the game in the future, just the ST would obviously be prioritized first to promote the movie.

How easier it will be for people to level up their Luke, Vader, and such, and especially Leia when that time comes. Her kit particularly feels like it was made more for something like Co-op/Capital.

xPRIMEx

Ridley_Prime
uNCzM1wNNqk

Now that I finally got around to trying out BB-8 and its counterpart for awhile, it actually is more fun than I wouldve initially thought/given credit, and can see why this is considered one of the best hero additions to the game by the community. lol

cdtm
I'm on an EA strike.

Ridley_Prime
coR5NB6PCtQ

The circle is nearly complete! Just need the OT on Capital Supremacy now and we are set.

-Pr-
I'm so hyped to get back in to co-op now that i can play the OT. ****ing awesome, it is.

Tzeentch
I prefer the OT aesthetic (clones are boring, imo) but I feel like the PT has vastly better heroes.

johncarner
okay with them using loot boxes to encourage use of different playstyles?

just add daily/weekly challenges for that stuff.

Ridley_Prime
PiXo9W5jc7Y

Okay with this being likely the last update, considering the good long run Battlefront 2 had. For a game that controversially debuted in 2017, being redeemed throughout the rest of the current gen was no small feat. No Windu or Ahsoka is kind of a loss though, but more Rogue One maps and stuff is nice in addition to the other small things we were waiting for that was delayed due to COVID-19. This year's May the 4th would've been nothing for me if not for this timely update.

Tzeentch
The game definitely made massive leaps in quality over the course of its lifetime, and ended somewhere in the realm of decent. The destruction of their bullshit microtransaction system is also one of the greatest gaming victories the community has had in years.

It's just a shame that the game was built on such a shit foundation to begin with that it could never truly rise above mediocrity. 2005 Battlefront 2 still had more content and better gameplay fundamentals then this installment at the end of the day.

xPRIMEx
Battlefront 2 really went from an incomplete mess to a great (nearly) complete game. There are still a few things I wish they added but it improved dramatically

Arachnid1
Yeah, they did really good with it. It even pulled me away from Battlefield (holy hell, BF used to be my all time favorite multiplayer FPS; what happened?). I'm betting they fixed it because Disney gave them a swift kick in the @ss, but who knows?

Trocity
I would like to play this game again from time to time when I am bored but the download is like 100+ GB. Can't justify deleting anything off of my ps4 atm for a download of that size for a game that is only fun in doses.

xPRIMEx

-Pr-
If the likes of RE3 and the FFVII Remake hadn't come out, I'd still be leveling up in Co-op. Love the game, and love how they actually made a mode where more average players can actually feel a sense of achievement.

As others have said, it's just a shame the game started the way it did. As it is now though? It's pretty damn good.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.