Could Yoda One-Shot Count Dooku in a Fight?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nfactor1995
Is it within Yoda's capabilities to instantly defeat Count Dooku in a fight, with the Force? (can be via stasis or some attack leading to death or whatever will instantly win him the fight, with Dooku having no opportunity to retaliate or anything)

1. Legends versions
2. Canon versions

TenebrousWay
He certainly can ragdoll in Legends.

chingchangwalla
In some circumstances.

Kurk
No

Rockydonovang
Is feloni's writing it?

quanchi112
What is this nonsense ?

Rebel95
Just like he did in AOTC? Lmao no.

Ursumeles
Originally posted by TenebrousWay
He certainly can ragdoll in Legends.

Azronger
No.

MythLord
No, lmao.

samappo
Yoda uses his powers defensively against Dooku.

Emperordmb
Yes, lmao.

relentless1
Yoda handled Dooku like a parent handles a petulant child that wants to stay up 10 mins later on a school night.

If Yoda was going for the kill; do or die scenario? He lops his head off like he did that Clone Trooper in ROTS.

Darth Thor
Probably is capable of it. Yeah.

Beniboybling
He puts him in stasis then chops his head off yeah.

Kurk
Could Yoda one-shot Mace as well then?

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Kurk
Could Yoda one-shot Mace as well then?

Probably not, but I'm sure he could solidly overpower Mace with his Tk.

Kurk
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Probably not, but I'm sure he could solidly overpower Mace with his Tk. so what feats does Mace have to put him above Dooku in regards to getting one-shotted by Dooku?

UCanShootMyNova
"As Anakin and Obi-Wan walked over to the exhausted Yoda." - Attack of the Clones.

relentless1
exhausted only because he allowed the fight to be prolonged, had he been going for the kill he'd have made short work of Dooku or Mace for that matter

UCanShootMyNova
"exhausted only because he allowed the fight to be prolonged"

This is a confusing stance to me tbh. Even if Yoda was holding back against Dooku in the fight his energy expenditure shouldn't be that much then what it would take to combat Dooku's own. While I'm not arguing that Dooku is on Yoda's level or even extremely close he's certainly not in oneshot territory or vulnerable to being stasised if prepared. That's shown pretty clearly in the fact that Yoda didn't do exactly that at the start of their fight.

DarthAnt66
Not sure why your signaling out any particular quote.

There's dozens of different portrayals of the fight.

relentless1
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
"exhausted only because he allowed the fight to be prolonged"

This is a confusing stance to me tbh. Even if Yoda was holding back against Dooku in the fight his energy expenditure shouldn't be that much then what it would take to combat Dooku's own. While I'm not arguing that Dooku is on Yoda's level or even extremely close he's certainly not in oneshot territory or vulnerable to being stasised if prepared. That's shown pretty clearly in the fact that Yoda didn't do exactly that at the start of their fight.

Yoda is an old old man, even if he goes all out or doesn't he's still gonna be exhausted once he turns it off so to speak; we see this in ATOC very clearly

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Not sure why your signaling out any particular quote.

There's dozens of different portrayals of the fight.

Nothing that contradicts Yoda being tired after the fight. He's shown to breathing heavily and groaning with each step in the movie IIRC.

Again, not saying Yoda wasn't holding back. I just don't get the line of reasoning that Yoda could oneshot Dooku when he was exhausted after fighting defensively against him.

Emperordmb
Yoda didn't get exhausted nearly as quickly when fighting Sidious, so unless you're suggesting Dooku>Sidious or that's AOTC Yoda was completely out of shape but got back into the swing of things due to the Clone Wars before dueling Sidious, that quote is stupid and patently false.

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by relentless1
Yoda is an old old man, even if he goes all out or doesn't he's still gonna be exhausted once he turns it off so to speak; we see this in ATOC very clearly

You can't turn off the Force. It's ALWAYS passively augmenting you. Read "Maul: Lockdown" for a good example of this where Maul's instructed specifically NOT to use the Force.

relentless1
Ok but you can clearly turn it up to another level, we have seen Yoda do this on several occasions in the PT

DarthAnt66
@DD: Because Yoda's approaching 900 years old? The amount of energy he has to expend to do all those flips and acrobatics is obviously taxing.

He has the Force reserves that allows him to due it for prolonged periods of time, but that doesn't mean he doesn't get tired when the enhancement goes away.

Remember the Revenge of the Sith novel describing the end of Yoda vs Palpatine: The base of the Arena was a hundred meters below, littered with twisted scraps and jags of metal from the pods destroyed in the battle, and as the little green freak fell, finally, above, the victorious shadow became once again only Palpatine: a very old, very tired man, gasping for air as he leaned on the pod's rail.

It's almost like a drug.

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Yoda didn't get exhausted nearly as quickly when fighting Sidious, so unless you're suggesting Dooku>Sidious or that's AOTC Yoda was completely out of shape but got back into the swing of things due to the Clone Wars before dueling Sidious, that quote is stupid and patently false.

There are different levels of weariness when it comes to energy usage. Perhaps Yoda used his energy more strategically against Sidious because he knew he was facing an opponent that was even more powerful then himself rather then one solidly below him. Perhaps you're right and he did grow throughout the Clone Wars but if he did I doubt it'd be by much personally.

UCanShootMyNova
Ok but you can clearly turn it up to another level, we have seen Yoda do this on several occasions in the PT

And that's fair. I'm just saying that Yoda appearing to be exhausted in the movie and being stated to be exhausted in the novel make it pretty clear that his energy usage in the fight was significant.

UCanShootMyNova
@DD: Because Yoda's approaching 900 years old? The amount of energy he has to expend to do all those flips and acrobatics is obviously taxing.

He has the Force reserves that allows him to due it for prolonged periods of time, but that doesn't mean he doesn't get tired when the enhancement goes away.

Remember the Revenge of the Sith novel describing the end of Yoda vs Palpatine: The base of the Arena was a hundred meters below, littered with twisted scraps and jags of metal from the pods destroyed in the battle, and as the little green freak fell, finally, above, the victorious shadow became once again only Palpatine: a very old, very tired man, gasping for air as he leaned on the pod's rail.

It's almost like a drug.

No, it isn't. Yoda has the energy reserves to match entire planets via having nearly matched Sidious in RotS.

The Force is ALWAYS passively enhancing a Force user.

Because he had used a great deal of his energy when combating Yoda.

DarthAnt66
The Force is ALWAYS passively enhancing a Force user. .

... what?

Unless Yoda actively calls upon the Force for significant energy, he's not running, let alone doing flips, lmfao.

His style is dependent on using massive amounts of energy in return for insane augmentation that thus ends fights quickly.

UCanShootMyNova
Have you not read Maul: Lockdown or RotS or any number of EU novels where a Force user has their physical capabilites passively augmented due to their connection with the Force?

DarthAnt66
Are we really drawing a comparison between someone like Maul, specifically trained as a physical weapon, and someone like Yoda?

Physicals are passively augmented (obviously), but Yoda's passive augmentation looks something like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRd9PGmAQUE&t=0m06s

laughing out loud

What he's doing versus Dooku and Sidious is expending energy - lots of it. It's not passive whatsoever.

UCanShootMyNova
Are we really drawing a comparison between someone like Maul, specifically trained as a physical weapon, and someone like Yoda?

Yes.

What he's doing versus Dooku and Sidious is expending energy - lots of it. It's not passive whatsoever.

Never said it was.

DarthAnt66
Yeah, let's not.

Strip Yoda from the Force and I wonder if he can even move.

Strip Maul from the Force and he's still capable of ripping off heads, I imagine.

Maul is the absolute peak of physical strength and perfection in SW.

Yoda? I'd rank him actually in last place.

UCanShootMyNova
Sure.

Apply their passively augmented physicals and I'd say Yoda is at least around his level given the vast disparity in their active power.

Yoda nearly matching a being with Galaxy level energy manipulation vs ... Maul...

DarthAnt66
We see Yoda passively amped throughout the entire films when he's not fighting. He's still walking with a cane - barely. erm

UCanShootMyNova
It's an affectation. Pretty sure he doesn't use it throughout the majority of DR and is just fine.

Kurk
Yoda and Sidious would both be dead tbh from some sort of health problem without their midichlorian counts. Can't compare them to Maul

UCanShootMyNova
Yoda and Sidious would both be dead tbh from some sort of health problem without their midichlorian counts. Can't compare them to Maul

And we're not. We're comparing their logical PASSIVE physical augmentation.

DarthAnt66
It's an affectation. Pretty sure he doesn't use it throughout the majority of DR and is just fine.
I'm honestly at a lost for words, lmfao. I don't know how you think of this nonsense.

I honestly didn't even think that was a possible opinion to have, lmfao.

No, Yoda doesn't walk .000001 miles per minute because of some ****ing affectation, wtf?

UCanShootMyNova
Why not? Ever read "The Art of War?"

One of the most important tenants is to keep your true strength hidden from your enemies. If Yoda could make the Galaxy think he was just a wise old sage that needs a cane to move around all the better if they underestimate him.

DarthAnt66
Who the hell are Yoda's enemies in the ****ing Jedi Temple before the Sith even reveal themselves in The Phantom Menace?

Or in private on Naboo when talking to Obi-Wan Kenobi?

Or literally every scene that has ever featured Yoda without a lightsaber ever.

Dude, come on, lol.

UCanShootMyNova
Yoda's enemies in the Temple? None that I know of. The opposition the Jedi have to overcome as Galactic peacekeepers? Quite a large assortment I'd imagine.

I don't see Yoda throwing the cane away every time he's outside of the public eye. He's a pretty philosophical dude as shown in TCW so I imagine the slow pace of life as the Order's "frail" and "old" master suits him. Allows him to take things in and turn them over in his mind.

DarthAnt66
Yoda's enemies in the Temple? None that I know of.
Then why is he walking slowly inside the Jedi Temple when everyone there knows his true capabilities anyway?

Yoda's abilities as a great warrior is publicly known as per DR, I believe, so who's he faking there?

Hell, why is he walking up to Dooku slow when Dooku and him sparred in the past?

I honestly think your the only person in the planet who think Yoda's been faking his cane. erm

UCanShootMyNova
Second section of the last response addresses most of your post. It's possible Yoda simply enjoys taking life slower. Actually, we KNOW that's the case since it would take the barest fraction of a fraction of a fraction of the energy Yoda possesses to allow him to replicate the physical attributes of an Olympian athlete at all times. As per DR we know he doesn't NEED the cane to get around and logically Yoda's passive augmentation as a Force user should FAR exceed the likes of Maul. That's all that's really needed for me to adopt the position that Yoda isn't nearly as frail as he acts.

I might just be. :P But that's ok.

|King Joker|
LMFAO

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by |King Joker|
LMFAO

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The **** you been nigga smile

UCanShootMyNova
FACEBOOK

Kurk
Why not? Ever read "The Art of War?"

One of the most important tenants is to keep your true strength hidden from your enemies. If Yoda could make the Galaxy think he was just a wise old sage that needs a cane to move around all the better if they underestimate him. Nah that would be Emperor Palpatine. The Visual Dictionary says something along the lines of "The Emperor used a cane to appear weak, not because he needed it."

relentless1
Second section of the last response addresses most of your post. It's possible Yoda simply enjoys taking life slower. Actually, we KNOW that's the case since it would take the barest fraction of a fraction of a fraction of the energy Yoda possesses to allow him to replicate the physical attributes of an Olympian athlete at all times. As per DR we know he doesn't NEED the cane to get around and logically Yoda's passive augmentation as a Force user should FAR exceed the likes of Maul. That's all that's really needed for me to adopt the position that Yoda isn't nearly as frail as he acts.

I might just be. :P But that's ok.

No.

Yodas battle feats are more akin to a Super Saiyan; he may be able to call on that power at any time but he lives comfortably at a much lower level of existence mostly due to his old age. Notice when he's done fighting Dooku he got back to his arthritic self and slowly laboriously grabs his cane... Thats no con job he's pulling its his natural state; he "powers up" when he fights but it cant last forever.

UCanShootMyNova
If his movements seem slow and labored that's because, as the text notes, he's exhausted. :/

relentless1
Yes he was, but say Sidious showed up in that hangar looking for trouble right afterwards Yoda would've been able to spring back into action on a dime; he's not hiding his true strength he just wouldn't be able to sustain amped Force abilities forever, his energy conservation is probably best displayed by his little hover chair we see him use throughout the PT in the Jedi Temple.

samappo
Only Sidious is stated to use his cane as a trick.

Yoda clearly does not use the force walking around, or else he wouldn't need the ****ing cane. His just uses the force to augment himself when he needs to fight.

Vader needed time to meditate and draw on the dark side outside of his suit in order to function in his armor properly. Just another example that shows force users aren't just constantly drawing on the force to augment themselves necessarily.

UCanShootMyNova
Yes he was, but say Sidious showed up in that hangar looking for trouble right afterwards Yoda would've been able to spring back into action on a dime; he's not hiding his true strength he just wouldn't be able to sustain amped Force abilities forever, his energy conservation is probably best displayed by his little hover chair we see him use throughout the PT in the Jedi Temple.

And he'd lose pretty quickly because he had used up most of his Force reserves thus "exhausting" himself.

cs_zoltan
I'm glad Syn is back smile

jackisbacklol
Jesus Christ Syn is dumb.

Darth Thor
so what feats does Mace have to put him above Dooku in regards to getting one-shotted by Dooku?

Not getting ragdolled by Palpatine.

Beniboybling
And we're not. We're comparing their logical PASSIVE physical augmentation. This doesn't exist you clown. smile

Beniboybling
FACEBOOK This explains a lot.

cs_zoltan
It's not like he was any better before erm

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by Beniboybling
This doesn't exist you clown. smile

Canon disagrees.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.