This quote - legit or no?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Azronger
https://comicvine.gamespot.com/profile/darthant66/blog/darth-revan-canonically-more-powerful-than-darth-v/130706/

Do you accept the quote or not? Reasons are encouraged.

UCanShootMyNova
I take all quotes as canonical that don't contradict themselves. I'm sure there's some feat that Revan has struggled with/needed to focus in order to accomplish which would be enough for me to dismiss it. If there isn't though I'd have to accept it because of my policy.

UCanShootMyNova
I was going to mention the Vitiate feat as a contradictory feat but being fair, the fight did occur on a DS nexus so no one can say for sure that Vitiate > Revan off nexus ( as implausible as that idea is ).

TenebrousWay
Is it from the same source that states Bastila is a second rate character like Dooku? laughing

Fated Xtasy
No one can say shit because Ants right lmao

UCanShootMyNova
He is tbh. I'm pretty sure Ant doesn't believe it himself but it would be hypocritical to dismiss this source but not others. Something that I came to a realization recently after pondering the validity of RPG stats.

Geistalt
As canonical as Exar Kun having been "the darkest power in the galaxy."

As canonical as the quotes that say Ulic Qel-Droma was the only Sith practitioner who could challenge him.

Azronger
Originally posted by TenebrousWay
Is it from the same source that states Bastila is a second rate character like Dooku? laughing

Yeah, but that's not a valid reason to dismiss this quote, because this quote isn't that quote and them being from the same source does not make it so. I want logical reasons or this quote will be legitimized.

Geistalt
Abeloth < Exar.

Ulic can freeze lightsabers with a thought. Annihilate 12 Sith at once.

UCanShootMyNova
Yep. Found the contradictory quote.

"Reaching out to the Force, Revan focused on the lid. After a moment it began to move, the edge grating along the lip of the lower half of the sarcophagus as it slowly rose into the air." - Revan.

Revan had to actually focus to accomplish the feat while an unlisted Sith like Nihilus could devastate a planet with a thought.

Enough for me to dismiss a quote that would contradict later quotes for Vitiate.

TenebrousWay
According to Saga Edition Sion ~ Dooku, Atris ~ Obi Wan, Traya > Vader.

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by Azronger
Yeah, but that's not a valid reason to dismiss this quote, because this quote isn't that quote and them being from the same source does not make it so. I want logical reasons or this quote will be legitimized.

Some people believe once a source releases a quote they consider "invalid" the entire source is invalidated.

UCanShootMyNova
Also, to clarify, if two quotes do come into conflict with each other, I take the one published last and view it as an acting retcon.

Geistalt
No quotes were published after https://e16i.imgup.net/revand7f1.png verifying Exar > Darth Revan.

By Azronger's standards, the quote is legit.

Beniboybling

Geistalt
Source?

Has the Holocron been retconned?

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by Geistalt
No quotes were published after https://e16i.imgup.net/revand7f1.png verifying Exar > Darth Revan.

By Azronger's standards, the quote is legit.

Which is fine. As I mentioned the quote is contradicted anyways.

I was referring specifically to Vitiate and Revan though not Revan and Kun.

Beniboybling
Source? Me, I'm quoting myself you phag. smile

UCanShootMyNova
@Geistalt: Beni's quoting himself from CV.

Geistalt
Aside from the introduction of Canon, that is.

UCanShootMyNova
New Canon? Well, yeah. That's a given.

That's kind of the only way to function in a Legends centered debating forum given all the contradictions that occur in a lore as big as SW.

Beniboybling
No quotes were published after By Azronger's standards, the quote is legit. By Az's standards Darth Revan > Exar Kun > Vitiate > Revan Reborn > Darth Revan. smile

Geistalt
Apparently, Ulic 1-shots Marr.

Hell; Ulic 1-shots Meetra. Freezes lightsabers on a whim.

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by Beniboybling
By Az's standards Darth Revan > Exar Kun > Vitiate > Revan Reborn > Darth Revan. smile

I don't think Azronger would have Vitiate > Revan Reborn AFTER he fit this quote into his perspective tbh. So it'd be more like

Revan Reborn > Darth Revan > Exar Kun > PRE novel POST Nathema Vitiate which is more reasonable.

Beniboybling
Or in other words, Kun's novel Vitiate wank is debunked. Big shame. sad

UCanShootMyNova
Or in other words, Kun's novel Vitiate wank is debunked. Big shame. sad

Legend cries. Hopes die. sad

Geistalt
He means Kun wank off of novel Vitiate, y'know.

MythLord
@Az Check my debate with Geisalt on Ood vs Vitiate.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
Yep. Found the contradictory quote.

"Reaching out to the Force, Revan focused on the lid. After a moment it began to move, the edge grating along the lip of the lower half of the sarcophagus as it slowly rose into the air." - Revan.

Revan had to actually focus to accomplish the feat while an unlisted Sith like Nihilus could devastate a planet with a thought.

Enough for me to dismiss a quote that would contradict later quotes for Vitiate.
What? He didn't want to rip off the lid. He was just gently removing it.

If you read the book, he later hurls the lid instantly when needed.

DarthAnt66
Also, canonically, "contradictions" are meant with on a "case-by-case" basis. Thus, even if Nihilus is above Revan, that doesn't mean the quote doesn't apply to all the other Sith.

FreshestSlice
No, it's not legit because Revan isn't canon. You people are retarded. Is it an officially marketed Star Wars product? Sure. Does it make or break an argument? No. Accolades shouldn't mean shit around here anyway, but for some reason we keep taking them seriously.

DarthAnt66
We're talking about Legends not Canon, Freshest.

Geistalt
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Accolades shouldn't mean shit around here anyway, but for some reason we keep taking them seriously. Azronger certainly does.

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Also, canonically, "contradictions" are meant with on a "case-by-case" basis.

That may be your stance.

Geistalt
And Azronger's.

DarthAnt66
That may be your stance.
No that's the official Star Wars policy, lol.

Ill get a quote after my shower but I just saw it yesterday.

Also, rebuttal for Revan instantly moving the lid later?

FreshestSlice
We're talking about Legends not Canon, Freshest.
There is no Legends canon is the point. There is no alternate continuity out there in the ether were a blog about a figurine can make an argument for you.

Geistalt
Nor where a 20-year-old comic book can.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
There is no Legends canon is the point. There is no alternate continuity out there in the ether were a blog about a figurine can make an argument for you.
Yeah well nobody else here agrees with you, so we're going to continue debating Legends Canon as if it's an alternative universe.

UCanShootMyNova
I don't care what their policy is. This entire discussion is about our own approach to canon interpretation. If we all abided by the established canon policy we'd all have stances more in line with Azronger's, a terrifying thought, wouldn't you agree?

Give me the quote where he hurls it instantly.

FreshestSlice
Yeah well nobody else here agrees with you, so we're going to continue debating Legends Canon as if it's an alternative universe.
Nigga, if you think popular opinion makes something right, you have a lot to learn about...well anything really. A bunch of people saying retarded shit doesn't make it factually correct whatsoever. If everyone on this forum thought the world was flat, it'd still be round.

DarthAnt66
"The instant before they detonated, Revan reached out with the Force and hurled the heavy stone lid of the sarcophagus toward the grenades."

Geistalt
He has more impressive feats than that.

Like shredding (or, rather, blowing apart) durasteel.

You really should've led with it.

UCanShootMyNova
Fair enough. I'll look through the Revan novel. There just needs to be one example to contradict it.

UCanShootMyNova
He has more impressive feats than that.

Like shredding (or, rather, blowing apart) durasteel.

You really should've led with it.

"Blasting a door wide open" doesn't equate to blowing it apart/shredding it.

Geistalt
As much as tearing it out does.

Like pre-prime Vaylin.

DarthAnt66
There just needs to be one example to contradict it.
Good luck. I don't think you'll find anything, especially considering most of the book features an incarnation of Revan incomparable to the one the quote is about.

UCanShootMyNova
As much as tearing it out does.

Like pre-prime Vaylin.

?

Sorry, I'm not catching your drift.

Geistalt
For all who fell victim to Vaylin hype.

Revan did the same thing.

UCanShootMyNova
Good luck. I don't think you'll find anything, especially considering most of the book features an incarnation of Revan incomparable to the one the quote is about.

Can you quote me the archway feat? I can't find it in your RT because it's a little... packed tbh.

Emperordmb
I thought you were washing rocks Syn

UCanShootMyNova
For all the victims of Vaylin hype.

Not sure what you're trying to say.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Emperordmb

UCanShootMyNova

Finished.

Emperordmb
Get on then fuggot

UCanShootMyNova
Going to the movies.

DarthAnt66
Can you quote me the archway feat? I can't find it in your RT because it's a little... packed tbh.
"Revan reached out with the Force and ripped the vaulted stone archway in the ceiling above them free from its setting. A shower of dust and debris rained down on the reinforcements, sending them into temporary retreat. "

Revan does it seemingly instantly and without any noted strain. thumb up

UCanShootMyNova
*Shrug* If there aren't any active in universe contradictions to the quote like there are with Bane then it's contradicted by later quotes in regards to Vitiate and is thus invalidated.

DarthAnt66
So SWTOR Vitiate > Darth Revan > Kun?

UCanShootMyNova
Ye.

Edit: As long as the Revan quote was made after Kun's and I don't find any in universe contradictions.

DarthAnt66
Revan quote is from 2008. thumb up

Where do you put SoR Revan now?

Emperordmb
I didn't think I'd actually see the day when Ant would legitimately push an agenda with this quote.

UCanShootMyNova
Beneath SWTOR Vitiate by a small margin going by logical scaling and Kun being > post Nathema Vitiate.

UCanShootMyNova
I didn't think I'd actually see the day when Ant would legitimately push an agenda with this quote.

You underestimate his depravity.

DarthAnt66
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ff1W4xq2ZUI&t=1h02m00s

This quote fits the context of this discussion eerily well.

UCanShootMyNova
#Spookt

Azronger

Evidence for web supplements not being canon?

Azronger
By Az's standards Darth Revan > Exar Kun > Vitiate > Revan Reborn > Darth Revan. smile

Nah, nexus-amped Vitiate > Revan Reborn > Darth Revan > Exar Kun > Ulic Qel-Droma > non-amped Vitiate smile

DarthAnt66
Nah, nexus-amped Vitiate > Revan Reborn > Darth Revan > Exar Kun > Ulic Qel-Droma > non-amped Vitiate smile
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/609/038/b78.gif

UCanShootMyNova

Are you surprised I said the exact same thing about you? That I know how you come to your conclusions?

Azronger
Originally posted by MythLord
@Az Check my debate with Geisalt on Ood vs Vitiate.

Evidence for action figure descriptions being non-canon?

Evidence for "EVERYthing" not being C-canon? The very definiton of the word "everything" says otherwise.

According to Ant, some Sith have better stats than Caedus, so it can't refer to game mechanics. Can't verify this info myself, though.

Azronger
Are you surprised I said the exact same thing about you? That I know how you come to your conclusions?

I come to my conclusions by using canonical statements. Nothing wrong wth that, is there?

DarthAnt66
Evidence for action figure descriptions being non-canon?

Evidence for "EVERYthing" not being C-canon? The very definiton of the word "everything" says otherwise.

thumb up

By everything else I mean EVERYthing else. Novels, comics, junior novels, videogames, trading card games, roleplaying games, toys, websites, television.

For just one example of many:

http://www.vesivus.com/swminis/pics/CF_Card_Darth_Bane_10.jpg

http://www.millenniumminiatures.com/files/2336405/SWM/SWLF/SW_LF04.jpg

Bane's stats are wayyy better than Caedus, and yet it still lists Caedus as more powerful.

Therefore, it obviously can't be referring to the stats.

UCanShootMyNova
I come to my conclusions by using canonical statements. Nothing wrong wth that, is there?

I don't think any interpretation in the mess of continuity that is SW Legends is wrong, no.

I'm just curious, you seem to have a great dislike for me, were you surprised that I understood your thought process and even told Beni it was reasonable based on how you view continuity?

Azronger

thumb up

By everything else I mean EVERYthing else. Novels, comics, junior novels, videogames, trading card games, roleplaying games, toys, websites, television.

For just one example of many:

http://www.vesivus.com/swminis/pics/CF_Card_Darth_Bane_10.jpg

http://www.millenniumminiatures.com/files/2336405/SWM/SWLF/SW_LF04.jpg

Bane's stats are wayyy better than Caedus, and yet it still lists Caedus as more powerful.

Therefore, it obviously can't be referring to the stats.

If no one comes up with any compelling evidence to disprove this within three days, then I'm casting my vote in favor of this quote.

Azronger

I'm just curious, you seem to have a great dislike for me, were you surprised that I understood your thought process and even told Beni it was reasonable based on how you view continuity?

Um, no.

UCanShootMyNova
No that you have a great dislike for me or no that I understood your thought process and even told Beni it was reasonable?

UCanShootMyNova
Because based on your actions, I'd heavily dispute the former. And if it is the latter then I'd ask what the reason is for the former.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Azronger, you've been fairly not-present within the past 24 hours. What gives? smile

Beniboybling
Evidence for web supplements not being canon? Common sense. They are not produced by a Lucas company, they are not a part of the game proper. In that respect, they don't really full under the jurisdiction of anything defined to as canon. It's a fan written publication, no less valid than SW.com's various blog posts.

Azronger
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Azronger, you've been fairly not-present within the past 24 hours. What gives? smile

I forgot about Hangouts entirely, lol.

Geistalt
They are not produced by a Lucas company, they are not a part of the game proper. Wrong.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Wizards_of_the_Coast

DarthAnt66
Common sense. They are not produced by a Lucas company, they are not a part of the game proper. In that respect, they don't really full under the jurisdiction of anything defined to as canon. It's a fan written publication, no less valid than SW.com's various blog posts.

http://i.imgur.com/jJXkXWs.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdtKbq3Omkw

Azronger
Common sense. They are not produced by a Lucas company, they are not a part of the game proper. In that respect, they don't really full under the jurisdiction of anything defined to as canon. It's a fan written publication, no less valid than SW.com's various blog posts.

It's not a fan-written publication. Where did you get that from?

But regardless, "EVERYthing" would include web supplements, which Leland mentions, so you're wrong. Sorry.

UCanShootMyNova
Is there a reason you take jabs at me Azronger?

I mean, I shrug off most of the forum's trolling for what it is, but you don't seem like the type of person to do that and I haven't seen you do it to others aside from myself.

Geistalt
They are not produced by a Lucas company, they are not a part of the game proper. Absolutely wrong kek.

Azronger
Is there a reason you take jabs at me Azronger?

I mean, I shrug off most of the forum's trolling for what it is, but you don't seem like the type of person to do that and I haven't seen you do it to others aside from myself.

When was the last time I took jabs at you? Not recently to my memory.

UCanShootMyNova
I see. That's how you're playing it.

Why do it at all then?

Emperordmb
How's the movie Syn?

Beniboybling
Wrong.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Wizards_of_the_Coast It wasn't produced by Wizards of the Coast you daft person. smile

http://i.imgur.com/jJXkXWs.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdtKbq3Omkw If you had a point here, it was lost in translation.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I forgot about Hangouts entirely, lol.

Well refresh your memory. smile

Beniboybling
It's not a fan-written publication. Where did you get that from?

But regardless, "EVERYthing" would include web supplements, which Leland mentions, so you're wrong. Sorry. The fact that it was written by some freelance fans.

EVERYthing would include a lot of things that Chee has stated himself to be non-canon. I don't think that statement is to be taken as a carte-blanche to render anything SW related canon tbh.

Azronger
The fact that it was written by some freelance fans.

EVERYthing would include a lot of things that Chee has stated himself to be non-canon. I don't think that statement is to be taken as a carte-blanche to render anything SW related canon tbh.

Evidence that it was written by a fan?

Azronger
I see. That's how you're playing it.

Why do it at all then?

Either this is some crappy april fools trolling or you genuinely took it personally that I listed you as a shit-tier debater. Lol.

Anyways, I can't remember a single instance where I started insulting you without provocation.

Beniboybling
Evidence that it was written by a fan? http://i.imgur.com/LDin26J.png

Azronger
http://i.imgur.com/LDin26J.png

Interesting. Was this on the article page? I can't access it anymore for some reason so I can't check myself.

Beniboybling
Yeah it's at the bottom of the page.

The Merchant
So going by quotes/power scaling my chart is as follows.

Palpatine>Krayt>Caedus>Plagueis>RO2 Sith>Bane>Valkorion>Darth Revan>Kun>Post nathema Vitiate>Ragnos>Ancient Sith>Nihilus>Vader.

NewGuy01
On what basis is Vader below Nihilus on a chart like that?

Geistalt
It was on the site, you know.

https://web-beta.archive.org/web/20100507180445/http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=starwars/article/S3Puzzle2

The publisher's still WotC. The fact that it was written by a fan doesn't make the article any less valid.

Geistalt
It was on the site, you know.

https://web-beta.archive.org/web/20100507180445/http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=starwars/article/S3Puzzle2

The publisher's still WotC. The fact that it was written by a fan doesn't make the article any less valid.
Leland Chee's a fan, as well.

Beniboybling
Leland Chee is the Keeper of the Holocron, and thus has the authority to dictate canon. A random graphic designer and a school teacher do not. laughing out loud

The distinction that needs to be understood here is between the source material itself, and a commentary on the source material. They are not the same. One is factual, the other is an intepretation of those facts. These are their own thoughts and opinions, nothing more.

And no, it was only published onto WotC's website, had no hand in its creation.

DarthAnt66
Leland Chee is the Keeper of the Holocron, and thus has the authority to dictate canon. A random graphic designer and a school teacher do not. laughing out loud

The distinction that needs to be understood here is between the source material itself, and a commentary on the source material. They are not the same. One is factual, the other is an intepretation of those facts. These are their own thoughts and opinions, nothing more.

And no, it was only published onto WotC's website, had no hand in its creation.
You're legit making up BS without anything to support it, lmfao.

And no, it was published by WotC.

Geistalt
If there's one thing I like (since nothing else I do lasts), it's talking sense.

And it didn't occur to me 'til I went out of my way to read Beni's posts what an imbecile he is.

Beniboybling
You're legit making up BS without anything to support it, lmfao.

And no, it was published by WotC. Dry those tears dearest. And that makes no difference. I'm afraid there is zero reason to take this as canon.

UCanShootMyNova
Either this is some crappy april fools trolling or you genuinely took it personally that I listed you as a shit-tier debater. Lol.

Anyways, I can't remember a single instance where I started insulting you without provocation.

Not really. Just curious why you seem to have something against me tbh. It doesn't seem like I'll be getting an answer though so that's alright.

Beniboybling
laughing out loud

DarthAnt66
Dry those tears dearest. And that makes no difference. I'm afraid there is zero reason to take this as canon.
How retarded can you be?

If it was fan fiction or a blog, it would be published on the WotC forum boards, which blogs are regularly posted.

It was instead posted on the official website, which had authorization from LucasArts.

I don't think you realize that quotes we regularly debate also come from these WotC web supplements, especially quotes involving Palpatine and Byss.

Geistalt
In which blogs are regularly posted?

Beniboybling
Oh noes quotes involving Palpatine & Byss?! How will I cope. sad

And non-canon blogs are posted to SW.com every day. Utter fail of an argument.

Regardess, I never said it was fan fiction, just not official source material.

Geistalt
right...

Maeks poifikt sense.

Beniboybling
More sense than getting SW canon from my science teacher. eek!

RHaggis
Not sure what to think of it, if I'm honest. On the one hand the source of the quote is apparently shifty and has come under fire regarding its legitimacy. On the other, assuming it does fall under official C-canon status, then I'd rather not just ignore an entire source solely because I dislike its conclusion.

DarthAnt66
Beni had given absolutely no reasons for it not to be considered canon.

Show me a quote showing that these sorts of material are not canonical.

Otherwise it falls under Chee's quote as either a game.

Beniboybling
It doesn't fall under anything, and is not to be taken seriously. Bye.

Selenial
mmm

Thing is, no one took quotes out of posts like this: http://www.starwars.com/news/from-a-certain-point-of-view-who-is-more-powerful-the-emperor-or-yoda as canon, so I don't see why people are starting to do it now...

Geistalt
We aren't.

Bet at least some of those quotes placing Kun > Ragnos were written by fans, too.

Beniboybling
sshhh sel, the game is we accept it's canon, but ignore it anyway.

SunRazer

Where? Always open to KotOR II wank, even if it isn't legit. smile

On a more serious note, if this is true, we only have more of a reason to not take these stupid quotes. But we know that already. Aren't these the ones that rank Bastila alongside Obi-Wan and Dooku?

RHaggis
https://twitter.com/HolocronKeeper/status/848300714782711808

Asked Leeland on Twitter. His answer can be interpreted differently, but regardless... thoughts?

SunRazer
His response being "As far as I am concerned, all Legends content is on equal footing".

Though it doesn't preclude blatant contradictions from being dismissed.

DarthAnt66
This isn't a blatant contradiction, so looks good. thumb up

If the source was bad, Chee would have shot it down.

Geistalt
Originally posted by SunRazer
Though it doesn't preclude blatant contradictions from being dismissed. Like Abeloth being > Exar.

And the Sith Emperor being > Ulic.

DarthAnt66
No quote puts Ulic over Vitiate anyway.

Geistalt
There are at least 2.

DarthAnt66
None that I recall. The quote saying Droma is second to Kun and what-not doesn't mean what people say it does.

There's a reason these quotes have been known for decades and only recently, with a new anti-Vitiate brigade rising, that they're being interpreted so terribly.

TenebrousWay
Where? Always open to KotOR II wank, even if it isn't legit. smile

On a more serious note, if this is true, we only have more of a reason to not take these stupid quotes. But we know that already. Aren't these the ones that rank Bastila alongside Obi-Wan and Dooku?

Dooku and Sion (and Vader and Nihilus) are CL 19, while Obi Wan and Atris are CL 15. Maul is a pitiful CL 13. Traya (and Sidious and Yoda) are CL 20. Darth Bane, by the way, is the most powerful character from Saga Edition if I'm not mistaken. He's CL 20 with the highest stat array.

Atris - KotOR CG pg 141
Exile - as above pg 140
Traya - as above pg 158
Sion - as above 159
Nihilus - as above 160

Bane - Threats of the Galaxy pg 85
TPM Maul - as above pg 79

So, Bane ~ Sidious ~ Traya > Sion ~ Nihilus ~ Vader ~ Dooku > Obi Wan ~ Atris ~ Meetra > Maul smile smile smile

Yes, it's from WotC but the quote referring Bastila, Dooku and Obi Wan (and calling them second rate force users LMFAO) is from the miniature games.

Selenial

Are you going off character stats there?

Edit: Ninjad. Game stats are non canon.

SunRazer
Dooku and Sion (and Vader and Nihilus) are CL 19, while Obi Wan and Atris are CL 15. Maul is a pitiful CL 13. Traya (and Sidious and Yoda) are CL 20. Darth Bane, by the way, is the most powerful character from Saga Edition if I'm not mistaken. He's CL 20 with the highest stat array.

Atris - KotOR CG pg 141
Exile - as above pg 140
Traya - as above pg 158
Sion - as above 159
Nihilus - as above 160

Bane - Threats of the Galaxy pg 85
TPM Maul - as above pg 79

So, Bane ~ Sidious ~ Traya > Sion ~ Nihilus ~ Vader ~ Dooku > Obi Wan ~ Atris ~ Meetra > Maul smile smile smile

Yes, it's from WotC but the quote referring Bastila, Dooku and Obi Wan (and calling them second rate force users LMFAO) is from the miniature games.

Those are just stats. Not canon.

DarthAnt66
Those are just stats. Not canon.
thumb up

TenebrousWay
sad

Uber Bane dislikes.

SunRazer
This isn't a blatant contradiction, so looks good. thumb up

If the source was bad, Chee would have shot it down.

Dooku's factually more skilled and powerful than Bastila as well as KotOR Revan, never mind Darth Revan.

Anyway, I know you don't actually take this quote and only do so if people are taking the Exar > Vitiate stuff, but you do realize the inherent contradiction in that, right? Darth Revan > Exar > Vitiate > Novel Revan. lol

Also, is this actually a Legends source?

Azronger
Originally posted by RHaggis
https://twitter.com/HolocronKeeper/status/848300714782711808

Asked Leeland on Twitter. His answer can be interpreted differently, but regardless... thoughts?

That solved absolutely nothing.

Geistalt
We already know web articles are C-canon.

http://web.archive.org/web/20100905012007/http://forums.starwars.com/thread.jspa?threadID=152583&start=552

DarthAnt66
Dooku's factually more skilled and powerful than Bastila as well as KotOR Revan, never mind Darth Revan.

Anyway, I know you don't actually take this quote and only do so if people are taking the Exar > Vitiate stuff, but you do realize the inherent contradiction in that, right? Darth Revan > Exar > Vitiate > Novel Revan. lol

Also, is this actually a Legends source?
What does that have to do with... anything?

No? Vitiate w/ amp > Revan Reborn > Darth Revan > Kun > Vitiate w/o amp.

Uh, yeah?

SunRazer
I don't know who's who there. Quote me the relevant passages and who it's from.

Azronger
None that I recall. The quote saying Droma is second to Kun and what-not doesn't mean what people say it does.

There's a reason these quotes have been known for decades and only recently, with a new anti-Vitiate brigade rising, that they're being interpreted so terribly.

Then post an alternate interpretation. Oh wait, you already did and it was far more terrible than mine. smile

Geistalt
Anyone care to find the source of this quote?

If it's also meant to refer to their strength outside of the Miniatures, it places Bastila near Obi-Wan. Whatever that's supposed to mean. Still not a surprise, if Revan was one of the 3 most powerful Sith Lords as of May 2008.

DarthAnt66
If it's also meant to refer to their strength outside of the Miniatures, it places Bastila near Obi-Wan. Whatever that's supposed to mean. Still not a surprise, if Revan was one of the 3 most powerful Sith Lords as of May 2008.
The sentence before (not shown within the quote) clarifies it's within the continuity of the Star Wars Miniatureverse, in sharp distinction to Darth Revan's quotes where no notice was placed.

DarthAnt66
Here's the full quote:

Azronger
Oh noes quotes involving Palpatine & Byss?! How will I cope. sad

And non-canon blogs are posted to SW.com every day. Utter fail of an argument.

Regardess, I never said it was fan fiction, just not official source material.

Um, you do realize that SW.com and WotC are two entirely different websites, do you? So just because SW.com posts their non-canonical blogs on the official site, does not mean WotC does. If Ant is to be believed, WotC has all the non-canon stuff on the forum boards.

Azronger

Here's the source:

https://sites.google.com/site/assfrancstarwarsmini/presentation-du-jeu/d-les-figurines/preview/set-5-champions-of-the-force/preview-6a

DarthAnt66
Um, you do realize that SW.com and WotC are two entirely different websites, do you? So just because SW.com posts their non-canonical blogs on the official site, does not mean WotC does. If Ant is to be believed, WotC has all the non-canon stuff on the forum boards.
To give an example, they put up blogs concerning the capture of Darth Revan and what characters and stats to use for it on their forums.

That was just a blog.

This source, however, was specifically posted alongside all the rest. There's no reason not to count it that I can see.

Geistalt
Ah; thx @Az.

Beniboybling
Um, you do realize that SW.com and WotC are two entirely different websites, do you? So just because SW.com posts their non-canonical blogs on the official site, does not mean WotC does. If Ant is to be believed, WotC has all the non-canon stuff on the forum boards. Wasn't my point at all lol.

SunRazer
The sentence before (not shown within the quote) clarifies it's within the continuity of the Star Wars Miniatureverse, in sharp distinction to Darth Revan's quotes where no notice was placed.

A notice is placed afterwards by them saying that they're trying to answer it with SW miniatures.

In any case, the quote can equally be interpreted as just referring to the general collective group of the most powerful Sith Lords (not necessarily the top three) and simply being represented here by Revan, Caedus and Palpatine, who are indeed among the most powerful. Sort of like this:

Geistalt
Sidious did.

Plagueis did.

Vitiate did.

Revan may have.

DarthAnt66
A notice is placed afterwards by them saying that they're trying to answer it with SW miniatures.

In any case, the quote can equally be interpreted as just referring to the collective group of the most powerful Sith Lords (not necessarily the top three) and simply being represented here by Revan, Caedus and Palpatine. Sort of like this:
The fact they're answering the question within the Star Wars Miniature universe doesn't mean the question is asked within such. As I made clear, it wasn't since the most powerful Sith within that universe isn't Palpatine, Revan, and Caedus. It's probably Bane, Kun, and Droma.

No, it can't. All the most powerful Sith Lords would have a talent for Sith alchemy. Palpatine, Vitiate, Plagueis, etc. have all showed abilities in that field. Even if they never showed the ability, they would still have a talent for it by virtue of being the most powerful.

SunRazer
What does that have to do with... anything?

No? Vitiate w/ amp > Revan Reborn > Darth Revan > Kun > Vitiate w/o amp.

Uh, yeah?

It has to do with this because it's a blatant contradiction. Dooku > KotOR Revan, never mind Darth Revan. Nihilus is also stated in KotOR II to be stronger than Darth Revan.

DarthAnt66
It has to do with this because it's a blatant contradiction. Dooku > KotOR Revan, never mind Darth Revan. Nihilus is also stated in KotOR II to be stronger than Darth Revan.
Dooku being more skilled has nothing to do with Darth Revan not being more powerful, lmfao.

The Revan novel states Darth Revan is more powerful than Nihilus, retconning KotOR II's quote regardless.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>