WWH vs. Imperiex Probe/s

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Parmaniac
World War Hulk gets prepared for a Our Worlds at War event and gets the following:
Super Soldier Serum
The Blood Gem
The Belt of Strength
The Quantum Bands
and Adamantium Brassknuckles.

1st fight against 1 Probe, if he wins he faces 2 Probes at the same time, if he beats those he faces Imperiex.

TethAdamTheRock
Hulk

Damborgson
All those buffs at once? Were the probes stronger than I remember? They're just generic trans characters no?

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Damborgson
All those buffs at once? Were the probes stronger than I remember? They're just generic trans characters no? People seemed to clearly place 1 Probe over the likes of Hulk in another thread.

I personally have no idea about their powerlevel

DTM
I see Hulk solidly beating the first 3 probes (even at once), but not Imperiex himself. That guy casually killed Doomsday with a single blast, even all those buffs wont allow Hulk to beat Imperiex.

DarkSaint85
^what he said.

Pillow Biter
Hulk has truly dynamic strength. Superman had his closest facsimile of dynamic strength in OWAW, but even then he was not exactly the Hulk.
So, assuming as always he found ways to compensate for lacking Superman's other powers--particularly mobility powers--then on raw power alone, Hulk is capable of pretty much everything Superman did in OWAW, prior to the Sundip. And that's without any of the above-mentioned trinkets!
Hulk pretty much gives the writer carte blanche to write him at any power level they desire, with no need for explanation. This makes Hulk a pretty frustrating subject for battle board discussions--but c'est la vie.
If Hulk stayed at the 'base' level he showed in WWH, even taking it up to the slightly enhanced levels he showed in his fights (the battle against Strange aside), then Hulk without trinkets would be in trouble against one Probe, but might win should he be loaded with any hyper-durable, edged or piercing weapons. But he's screwed past that point. Two Probes is one too many most of the time. Again, this is all predicated on Hulk not gaining power past the levels mentioned above.
This is my take on the closest we can come to a stable benchmark for WWH. In comic reality, he'd naturally have access to his dynamic strength, and I have no idea how much of it he'd be able to access before being put down. He's have to amp up and amp up fast versus multiple Probes.
I have no idea about the trinkets--I assume he basically stomps anything.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Difference between Hulks and Supermans dynamic strength:

Hulk starts at 50 for example and increases his strength with rage till 100

Superman has already 100 Strength but his mental block make him use only 50 (as an example) releasing some of those blocks allows him to access more of the 100, till he is "all out".

Rather simple me thinks.

Pillow Biter
Explanations for the variability of Superman's performance level have varied over the years. Sometimes it just isn't explained at all. OWAW was the most detailed exploration of the dynamic aspect of Superman's powers to date. However, I wouldn't say that it is definitive--very few things in comics are.

Even just using the OWAW paradigm, we don't fully understand the details of Superman's power level fluctuations. But as compared to the Hulk, for example, it would seem that there is a more definitive ceiling to Superman's power level than there is to the Hulk's. Of course, we may or may not have seen that limit in OWAW. The Hulk, on the other hand, effectively seems to have no limit to how high his power can become. (Of course the no-limits fallacy applies, but whatever ultimate limits the Hulk have, such limits are high enough that they really don't matter, except in the most extreme corner cases. (Hulk trying to duke it out with a Celestial, perhaps.)

TethAdamTheRock
Hulk tears through the probes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.