Worf vs Doctor Bashir

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
Always wondered what would have happened if Julian fought back when Worf manhandled him.

According to Sisko, Julian's about as strong and fast as a Vulcan, and I believe Vulcan's are > Klingons..

Worf is in his jealous, frustrated, confused state here, while Julian is filled with rightous anger (Worf telling him who he could see, putting his hands on him. And lets be honest, who wouldn't want to take DS9 Worf down a peg, he's kind of a dick.)

Who wins?

Surtur
It's hard to say because we never really saw Julian showing any real level of enhanced strength that I can remember. We saw his coordination and reflexes, but not strength.

Vulcans are supposed to be like 3 times stronger than humans, but it also seems Klingons are physically stronger than humans as well, though I'm not sure by how much.

So I would say Worf wins. He has a lot more experience in combat, and he was strong enough to just casually snap a dudes neck.

acF2f3XLfCo

Also lol@Dumar.

Stealth Moose
Julian is IMO an augmented human being, and Klingons - while tough- aren't that much above stock humans. Riker had no problems tossing them around. I give this to the doc.

Robtard
Vulcans are x3 as strong as a human of their size/build
Klingon's are x2 as strong as a human of their size/build

I'm going with Worf, 10 out of 10, it's a serious stomp. Seriously, this is a no contest.

Julian is augmented but it's his intellect for the most part, physically he's gifted with Vulcan-like reflexes and superior hearing. Worf has the combat experience here and Worf is FAR above your standard Klingon warrior.

When Worf was captured by the Jem'Hadar (genetically bred warriors), he was forced to fight day after day, carrying his injuries onto the next day's match. Julian couldn't have done that.

In the canon tie-in comic to Star Trek 2009, Worf confronts Nero (before the time-travel) and Nero backstabs him out of fear of Worf's combat and sexual prowess.

Steve Zodiac
Originally posted by Robtard

I'm going with Worf, 10 out of 10, it's a serious stomp. Seriously, this is a no contest.

Julian is augmented but it's his intellect for the most part, physically he's gifted with Vulcan-like reflexes and superior hearing. Worf has the combat experience here and Worf is FAR above your standard Klingon warrior.

When Worf was captured by the Jem'Hadar (genetically bred warriors), he was forced to fight day after day, carrying his injuries onto the next day's match. Julian couldn't have done that.

In the canon tie-in comic to Star Trek 2009, Worf confronts Nero (before the time-travel) and Nero backstabs him out of fear of Worf's combat and sexual prowess.

Loved that episode where he kept hitting that battle won thing fighting the Jem Hadar. Worf would win, but I think Julian might be difficult he was a future tennis pro. He is a future pro athlete, so... Kirk could beat most Klingons when they ripped his shirt. Worf wins, but he might take a knock or two, a baseline return from the future most travel very fast.

Robtard
Kirk's on a whole nother level tho, he cracked Khan, grappled the Gorn and laid with the green girl; all before Thursday. He foot-drops cowboys and punches gangsters and slaps Nazis. Oh my!

Steve Zodiac
Kirk's on a whole nother level tho, he cracked Khan, grappled the Gorn and laid with the green girl; all before Thursday. He foot-drops cowboys and punches gangsters and slaps Nazis. Oh my! Yes he, is! smile We will always. Agree. on, that. Notice. my Shatner punctuation and. emphasis in the Sentence.

Stealth Moose

I guffaw'd.

-Pr-
Bashir just doesn't have the h2h skill, imo. He's quick, maybe even quicker than Worf, and certainly more agile, but Worf's been training since he was a child, and in a melee fight I just can't see Bashir winning, especially when we know so little about what kind of strength Bashir has.

Robtard
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
I guffaw'd.

When Worf gives someone this look:

http://images.wikia.com/startrek/images/c/c2/Narada_hunts_Worf.jpg

They'd be wise to fear for their rectum's structural integrity.

BruceSkywalker
worf guts the good doctor

Surtur
Kirk's on a whole nother level tho, he cracked Khan, grappled the Gorn and laid with the green girl; all before Thursday. He foot-drops cowboys and punches gangsters and slaps Nazis. Oh my!

Plus his best power of all: being able to maintain his dignity after this happens:

DhHbf2rcsU4

I'd follow that man into hell itself.

I do feel bad for Spock though. Watching the scene is probably the moment in his life where Spock became 100% dead inside.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Surtur
Plus his best power of all: being able to maintain his dignity after this happens:

DhHbf2rcsU4

I'd follow that man into hell itself.

I do feel bad for Spock though. Watching the scene is probably the moment in his life where Spock became 100% dead inside. haha it was one of the most excellent scenes in tv, GOT could only dream of that impact 50+ years on. thumb up

cdtm

Read the comic. Brought back Data, and tied up some loose ends from other movies.

All canon, as you say, to Trek 2009 (Whether that makes it canon to pre 2009 Trek is another, very complicated story. There are good arguments that it is not, nor could ever be, due to licensing restrictions.)

Mindship
Kirk's on a whole nother level tho, he cracked Khan, grappled the Gorn and laid with the green girl; all before Thursday. He foot-drops cowboys and punches gangsters and slaps Nazis. Oh my! Computers also stand no chance against his Logic Attacks. The list goes on.

No wonder Picard needed Koik to physically take down Soran.

Robtard
Originally posted by cdtm
Read the comic. Brought back Data, and tied up some loose ends from other movies.

All canon, as you say, to Trek 2009 (Whether that makes it canon to pre 2009 Trek is another, very complicated story. There are good arguments that it is not, nor could ever be, due to licensing restrictions.)

Ah, this thread thumb up

Even if we do away with the comic related stuff, Worf is still ridiculously too much for Bashir in a fight. Be it weapons or h2h, Worf is one of the best combatants in Star Trek, he's not your average cannon fodder Klingon who get taken out by plot.

Robtard
Originally posted by Mindship
Computers also stand no chance against his Logic Attacks. The list goes on.

Aye.

Picard's a bad ass himself when he needs to be, but he's no Kirk physically.

Surtur
Computers also stand no chance against his Logic Attacks. The list goes on.

Soran cheated by not allowing it to be a one on one fencing match with Picard.

Mindship
Originally posted by Surtur
Soran cheated by not allowing it to be a one on one fencing match with Picard. If this was a ST:NG episode, Picard probably would've handled him. As Robtard said, JLP can be badass himself. But imo, that fight was Koik's moment.

BTW, I just discovered yesterday there's a whole new Trek series coming: 'Star Trek: Picard'. This should be interesting, a series focusing on a person. Considering my favorite Star Trek character, in all series, has been the ships, I'm still intrigued. I find Patrick Stewart to be quite a versatile actor.

cdtm
If this was a ST:NG episode, Picard probably would've handled him. As Robtard said, JLP can be badass himself. But imo, that fight was Koik's moment.

BTW, I just discovered yesterday there's a whole new Trek series coming: 'Star Trek: Picard'. This should be interesting, a series focusing on a person. Considering my favorite Star Trek character, in all series, has been the ships, I'm still intrigued. I find Patrick Stewart to be quite a versatile actor.

I miss Blunt Talk.

cdtm
The comic Mirror-Verse did an interesting take, where evil bearded Picard got into a brawl while trying to recruit evil Riker. And man, he fought dirty! Headbutted him right on the nose.

How do the mainstream versions do? All canon accepted.

Mindship
Originally posted by cdtm
I miss Blunt Talk. I missed that. Period. sad

cdtm
Nt

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.