Luke and Kyp's black hole feats

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthbane77
One of my friends is claiming that Kyp is more powerful than mid-Vong War Luke, based on him apparently performing a black hole manipulation without passing out, as opposed to Luke actually passing out. Were there any special circumstances that allowed Kyp to do this without being exhausted? Or circumstances that caused Luke to pass out? Maybe being wounded or tired from something else? If so, can you give me any examples or quotes to support this? Even other Vong War feats for Luke that are more impressive than the black hole feat would be appreciated.

MythLord
Luke had just gotten off from fighting armies of Yuuzhan Vong. He wasn't yet accustomed to facing them, so just fighting five or so left him panting, so I imagine an army would waste his reserves a lot of more.

It's also implied Kyp manipulated a less powerful Dovin Basal, and Luke's canonically more powerful regardless.

darthbane77
Originally posted by MythLord
Luke had just gotten off from fighting armies of Yuuzhan Vong. He wasn't yet accustomed to facing them, so just fighting five or so left him panting, so I imagine an army would waste his reserves a lot of more.

It's also implied Kyp manipulated a less powerful Dovin Basal, and Luke's canonically more powerful regardless. Do you have a quote that says Luke fought an army of Vong just prior by any chance? And evidence to say that Kyp's Basal was less powerful?

Deronn_solo
There is no proof the Dovin Basal Luke manipulated was more powerful - that's just fan fiction.

Plus, no quote actually establishes Luke > Kyp in RAW Force power at that point.

NewGuy01
Well, yeah, but he's a SkyJesus so he is.

Deronn_solo
Holistic intent isn't 100% fact, though.

At least, not the way Wollf is spinning it

MythLord
"Although he is the most powerful Jedi in the galaxy after the Yuuzhan Vong invasion, the battles with the Yuuzhan Vong humble him."

-- Jedi Academy Training Manual

Leia's Jedi skills will be put to the test in the coming conflict, while Luke will have to prove in a brilliant display of Force strength and swordplay, that he is the most powerful Jedi Master in the galaxy.

-- Dark Nest III: The Swarm War Publisher's Summary

Luke is canonically > Kyp and has been since for over a decade now. thumb up

Ursumeles
The second quote doesn't proves anything.

Beniboybling
Just think the opposite of what DC says, and you'll do fine.

Deronn_solo
Originally posted by MythLord
"Although he is the most powerful Jedi in the galaxy after the Yuuzhan Vong invasion, the battles with the Yuuzhan Vong humble him."

-- Jedi Academy Training Manual

Leia's Jedi skills will be put to the test in the coming conflict, while Luke will have to prove in a brilliant display of Force strength and swordplay, that he is the most powerful Jedi Master in the galaxy.

-- Dark Nest III: The Swarm War Publisher's Summary

Luke is canonically > Kyp and has been since for over a decade now. thumb up

Umm, are you, by chance, mentally retarded? Dark Tide: Onslaught, the time period where Luke moved the black hole, is the time period for SkuSue we're taoking about here - of course Luke power progressed as the war went by and he eventually surpassed Kyp unquestionably, and emphatically by a great degree, but was he by the second/third book of the Vong War?

As far as we can say, no quote canotically puts Luke > Kyp in terms of raw power at that point and time.

So yeah, your quotes prove the square root of jack shit. thumb up

SunRazer
Uh, no, Luke's more powerful at that time as well.

And that's in reference to Mara's coomb spores, not her death in LotF, if you're curious. Said coomb spores started afflicting her in Vector Prime.

Deronn_solo
Yeah, I remembered that quote, but wasn't sure about the actual time period of it, though.

I'll have to re-read it to double check. Regardless, Wollf's quotes didn't prove anything, neither does this disprove the raw power argument.

SunRazer

Deronn_solo
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Just think the opposite of what DC says, and you'll do fine.
Damn, Beni is still salty I smashed him in our last debate. laughing out loud

Beniboybling
What debate DC? You haven't sustained an argument for more than three posts for a long time. sad

Freedon Nadd
Not black holes, 'micro' black holes.

Deronn_solo
Thanks the correction no one needed.

Freedon Nadd
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Thanks the correction no one needed.
'Micro' was added with a purpose. To tell it is not your 'black hole' you think of(its sucking power)

Deronn_solo
Thing is, everyone here knows Kyp ad Luke weren't moving real black holes which measure in solar masses.

Freedon Nadd
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Thing is, everyone here knows Kyp ad Luke weren't moving real black holes which measure in solar masses.
This feat is a lot of times brought in versus'es to say how mighty Luke is.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.