Gotham & Black Adam vs. Superboy Prime

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Galan007
-Gotham (unhinged)-
http://i.imgur.com/7bErpcu.jpg

&

-Black Adam (WWIII)-
http://i.imgur.com/MMpFvTW.jpg

VS.

-Superboy Prime (SCW)-
http://i.imgur.com/qBzwESs.jpg

*Fight takes place on a sunny day in Metropolis.
*All combatants are lusting blood.

Who wins?

tkitna
Prime in an epic stomp

Galan007
Interesting.

Any particular reason(s) why?

spetznaz
Originally posted by Galan007
Interesting.

Any particular reason(s) why?

Prime wins.

My reasoning is that as strong as Black Adam is, he is nowhere near Prine levels. Ultra man, for example, treated Black Adam like a joke (and even he is not at Prime level).

As for Gotham. He has an interesting power set where he gets as strong as is needed to defeat a team. The only problem is that use is tied to his life force. He trounced the JLA when he went on his rampage, but as was seen he burnt himself out.

Prime wins.

Damborgson
I feel like prime would be able to outlast and return enough of the beating that Gotham could possibly give him, and Black Adam shouldn't be too big a deal. Not easily but Prime can take a majority.

SquallX
I don't see how Prime can even lose even once since the fight takes place on a sunny day.

Remember what Prime did with just 1 beam of sunlight hitting he's finger nail?

Dareangel
blacka dams punches have no effect on SBP. the Max he can do is try to hold prime for gotham to beat up. but i see prime taking this.

tkitna
Black Adam is a non factor. Gotham would throw down for a bit before burning himself out. I cant see Prime losing even once.

Cogito
I'm going to ignore BA here and just focus on Gotham and SBP.

I could see this going either way, but IMO if Gotham goes all out as he would need to do beat SBP then he'd basically end up killing himself. But then, BA would still be standing, so I guess the team could win.

Galan007
^ Gotham Girl stated that she and her brother could go all out for "a few hours" before burning out and dying:
http://i.imgur.com/txQVpns.jpg

So we'll use that figure here.

Cogito
Yeah, and I think SBP could take it to him for a good long while (assuming under yellow sun).

Of course, we don't know what "godlike" powers mean. He rampaged through the likes of Superman so we have a floor but no ceiling.

Galan007
That's why I think it'd be a good fight. KO'ing Superman with a few strikes should put an unhinged Gotham in Prime's tier, imo... And he also casually out-reacted Flash, so he's got the speed to contend as well.

Zack M
People like to downplay Gotham because he was burned out, but did you see who he was facing off against?? The friggen JLA. This isn't Prime easily beating this duo. I can see Prime stomping Adam, but not Gotham.

Not many can say that they OWNED the JLA, too.

Galan007
Originally posted by Zack M
People like to downplay Gotham because he was burned out. Yeah, but it still takes him "a few hourS" to burn-out while operating at his peak level of 'Godhood'... In that time he could still do a LOT of damage.

Philosophía
Prime.

Adam is inconsequential, and Gotham, even with his JLA showing, doesn't approach Prime.

spetznaz
Originally posted by Galan007
Yeah, but it still takes him "a few hourS" to burn-out while operating at his peak level of 'Godhood'... In that time he could still do a LOT of damage.

The issue though Galan is that we were never shown exactly what 'godly' translates to. Thus we are adding an extra layer of speculation on what was already speculation. All we know is that Gotham is a team buster, and the team was the JLA (and with the ability to cater to characters like Superman and Flash).

However, Black Adam is a team buster as well, yet in this thread he is out simply due to how Ultraman mishandled him. It goes to show as well that 'team busting' has levels to it.

And we go to another team buster ...SBP. Not only did he mistreat the likes of the JLA, but he was being piled on by more heavy hitters than those arrayed against Black Adam in WW3. Its also (clearly) shown how when he is powered down he is still able to throw down with heavy hitters, including several Kryptonians and other assorted 'I-am-supercharged' types, AND that the moment a single ray of sunlight hits a few of his fingers on one hand he is able to instantly throw them all off like they were nothing.

I still stand by my assertion that Black Adam is not in this fight, and as for Gotham whatever deal he made with whichever devil (I suspect that 'technology' that gave him and his sister their powers is infernal) he will unfortunately burn himself out. After engaging the JLA (the only real power act he did that Tony Stark as Iron Man couldn't do ...e.g. Stopping the plane with the help of his sis wasn't something Iron Man could do, or holding up a bridge) ....anyway, after defeating the JLA the next thing was his sister and he burned up.

Trying to get to planet moving strength (or even UltraMan's moon moving strength) would burn up Gotham.

spetznaz
Stopping the plane with the help of his sis wasn't something Iron Man could do, or holding up a bridge

Should have been:

Stopping the plane with the help of his sis wasn't something Iron Man could NOT do, or holding up a bridge

Galan007
Originally posted by spetznaz
The issue though Galan is that we were never shown exactly what 'godly' translates to. 'Godly' evidently translates to 1-shotting Aquaman, 3-shotting Superman, casually out-reacting Flash and Dianna, and smashing through GL constructs like cheap tissue paper... All of which Gotham accomplished in a matter of a few pages.

In the end, it took his sister(who has the exact same abilities) to defeat him.

Originally posted by spetznaz
However, Black Adam is a team buster as well, yet in this thread he is out simply due to how Ultraman mishandled him. It goes to show as well that 'team busting' has levels to it. WWIII Adam =/= DCnU Adam. The former is from pre-Flashpoint continuity; the latter is from post-Flashpoint continuity... So I'm not sure why you keep using this comparison..? confused

Anyway, I have no problem with Prime winning. I just don't think it would necessarily be a one-sided stomp. I think Prime could win after a lengthy battle, or until Gotham simply burned out... And I do think *this* Adam could be of some use. /shrug

celeyhyga17
That was such a bad showing for JLA even with the explanation of Gotham's powers. The writer really jobbed the hell outta them, but shiet happens.

Gotham makes him work, but Prime takes this.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.