Dark Side Sourcebook Author Clarifies Ulic Qel-Droma Quote

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66
http://i.imgur.com/pnIai8c.png

Fated Xtasy
Good to know but

Who cares about Droma enough to do this lmao

ares834
No shit.

DarthAnt66
thumb up

chingchangwalla
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Good to know but

Who cares about Droma enough to do this lmao
The best character in Star Wars?

UCanShootMyNova
Thank you Ant.

Rockydonovang
The argument is that ulic as a near equal of kun would beat vitiate, its not dependent on the quote

Deronn_solo
Anyone with a brain knew this already, lmao.

No clarification was needed.

Petrus
Originally posted by Deronn_solo

Azronger
Fair enough, I'll concede on it referring to all of history.

Ulic is still > Vitiate though

SunRazer
Jesus Christ.

Sinious
Originally posted by SunRazer
Jesus Christ.

Emperordmb
****in called it Ant smile

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ

chingchangwalla
He never ruled out the possibility of all time wink

S_W_LeGenD
Dude, you should have asked him about Vitiate.

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by Azronger
Fair enough, I'll concede on it referring to all of history.

Ulic is still > Vitiate though

I love you Az. smile

DarthAnt66
http://i.imgur.com/aZK0cAz.png

I'm genuinely embarrassed for even asking this question.

Wow, what a shocker a quote doesn't apply to a character that didn't exist yet, lmfao.

I fully accept your concession, Az. thumb up

S_W_LeGenD
^^^

;up: thumb up

@Azronger

Your end is near.

DarthAnt66
Also, I'm not sure why the author's response wouldn't apply to other sources also.

I mean, it's just ****ing obvious, but him confirming what I've been saying sure does feel good.

NewGuy01
Well, because he's not an authority on canon, for one.

Geistalt
He's an authority on what he wrote.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by DarthAnt66

Wow, what a shocker a quote doesn't apply to a character that didn't exist yet, lmfao.

Reposting on second page for those who missed.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Well, because he's not an authority on canon, for one.
He is a contributor to the lore and has the authority to decide which aspects of his works are valid and which are no longer valid.

I am sorry but I have reiterated (time and again) that it is not wise to pick a revelation in a material from the past and impose it on newly established ground realities that appear to challenge it.

Exar Kun was the leader and most powerful member of his Empire. Ulic Qel-Droma was second to him in the same Empire. Vitiate and his Empire are excluded from evaluation because they were a hidden threat at that point in time.

Not only this author but the author of FACT FILES also stated that revelations in them are valid for established realities of that time.

Thank you @DarthAnt66

Azronger

I don't care for authorial intent.

Boom.

Your case fell apart.

Azronger
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD

@Azronger

Your end is near.

laughing out loud

Beniboybling
Good Lord, could Ant's questions be any more biased? laughing out loud

S_W_LeGenD

Boom.

Your case fell apart.
That is not intent; the author has rejected your point of view regarding this matter actually.

Benefit of this disclosure is that nobody will take your bullshit seriously on any platform after this revelation is circulated.

When you can't sell your bullshit, your effort is in vain. Your loss; our gain thumb up

DarthAnt66

Boom.

Your case fell apart.
That's... not even an argument.

And lmfao @ "case," implying it's up for debate.

Here's an L:

L.

Take it.

NewGuy01
He is a contributor to the lore and has the authority to decide which aspects of his works are valid and which are no longer valid.

Uh, you must have missed the part where Ant said this should apply to other sources as well.

Pretty sure that doesn't fall under the author clarifying his personal work, dumbbell.

DarthAnt66
*grumbling under breath* it still should count for other sources

The_Tempest
Anyone who has a problem with the nature of Ant's question or the answer it yields should just learn to ask similarly loaded questions. It's not hard, folks.

Deronn_solo
What do you think about all this, Temp?

Freedon Nadd
The Ant stomped the Az?

Azronger
That's... not even an argument.

And lmfao @ "case," implying it's up for debate.

Here's an L:

L.

Take it.

It's not, and I never sold it as such. I simply said I don't care for authorial intent, and that's that.

Azronger
That is not intent; the author has rejected your point of view regarding this matter actually.

Benefit of this disclosure is that nobody will take your bullshit seriously on any platform after this revelation is circulated.

When you can't sell your bullshit, your effort is in vain. Your loss; our gain thumb up

He has, and is that supposed to actually mean something? Because as far as I know, that's just him stating his take on continuity, which is not an objective one, but just his opinion. Which is why it's perfectly within my power to not give a crap.

The_Tempest
What do you think about all this, Temp?

I like Azr, but I think the preponderence of evidence made it clear that Vitiate > Ulic.

Azronger
Originally posted by The_Tempest
I like Azr, but I think the preponderence of evidence made it clear that Vitiate > Ulic.

Well, I'd be interested to hear what evidence you are referring to (assuming it is something other than what has been presented in this thread), but another user has already pledged to take me down, so maybe next time.

DarthAnt66
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEKURyM0DyU&t=0m15s

So, let's get this straight for the record.

We all read this one source.

Everyone read it and interpreted it one way. You, alone, interpreted it a different way.

I stated I would contact the author and you agreed, saying that we'll finish this once and for all.

I get a quote saying it was era specific, and you agreed to it, saying Vitiate still applies.

I get a second quote saying it didn't apply to Vitiate, with the author clarifying the scope of his own work, but now you dismiss it under author intent.

... despite already accepting the author's first statement and encouraging me to contact the author.

This is the most blatant display of bias I've seen on this forum since 2015.

Beniboybling
Ant is absolutely done. sad

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Ant is absolutely done. sad
https://www.amazon.com/Absolutely-Done-Dominae-Primus-ebook/dp/B004X29URA

Azronger
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEKURyM0DyU&t=0m15s

So, let's get this straight for the record.

We all read this one source.

Everyone read it and interpreted it one way. You, alone, interpreted it a different way.

https://www.logicallyfallacious.com/tools/lp/Bo/LogicalFallacies/40/Appeal-to-Popularity

Nobody cares.

I withdrew my concession and provided reasons as to why. You're just having a mental breakdown at the fact that someone could offer a valid alternative interpretation of the quote, and that your beloved Vitiate sucks smile

DarthAnt66
a valid alternative interpretation of the quote
LMFAO.

S_W_LeGenD
@DarthAnt66

Expose this member on comicvine as well, in the relevant thread where he attempted to promote his BS.

Azronger
LMFAO.

Concession accepted, my dear smile

Azronger
@DarthAnt66

Expose this member on comicvine as well.

Lol, what's there to expose?

Freedon Nadd
That you're a Lucas-anatic/and/or Sheev-anatic.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.