Captain America vs Mr. X

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
Surprised this was never done, outside of a sword fight (Kind of handicapping Steve imo)

This is a pure h2h fight. Steve gets his shield, and Mr. X only has his skills.

Who wins?

deathslash
Mr. X should win, but Steve has a pretty significant stat advantage and he should know how X's powers work, so he'd likely think of attacking him one way and then attack the exact opposite way.

cdtm
Originally posted by deathslash
Mr. X should win, but Steve has a pretty significant stat advantage and he should know how X's powers work, so he'd likely think of attacking him one way and then attack the exact opposite way.

Wonder if Mr. X can see five moves ahead, after a single attack?

I'm thinking of Massacre, who has a similar precognitive power (Mr. X was probably inspired by him.)

Dodged every attack from Superman, until one attack intentionally aimed at a target past him, which struck him from behind.

And I know Steve can richotte off half a dozen targets with that shield..

Supermutant
Even Mr. X with swords would get destroyed by Cap. Mr. X was just the flavor of the week back them and would get chumped like how Luke Cage owned him.

cdtm
Originally posted by Supermutant
Even Mr. X with swords would get destroyed by Cap. Mr. X was just the flavor of the week back them and would get chumped like how Luke Cage owned him.

To be fair, Cage only owned him because his brain was scrambled, and Mr. X eas unable to read him.

Which happens an awful lot, granted. But not like Steve will intentionally shock himself just to bypass the ability (I think..)

StiltmanFTW
X jobbed only under Remender, in a single T-Bolts issue. Most likely because Remender didn't give a shit about it - he got forced to write it after Diggle left the title and Marvel was still looking for a regular writer for the series.

cdtm
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
X jobbed only under Remender, in a single T-Bolts issue. Most likely because Remender didn't give a shit about it - he got forced to write it after Diggle left the title and Marvel was still looking for a regular writer for the series.

That was way, way worse then a jobbing. It was an outright raping.

Got his ass handed to him three times, and Remender even put in a scene of X laid up in a body cast.

Supermutant
Originally posted by cdtm
To be fair, Cage only owned him because his brain was scrambled, and Mr. X eas unable to read him.

Which happens an awful lot, granted. But not like Steve will intentionally shock himself just to bypass the ability (I think..)

Doesn't need too. Just b/c he might know what Cap is going to do, doesn't mean he will have time to react or stop it. Mr X's durability isn't that great either. All Cap needs is one shot, just like Iron Fist needed.

StiltmanFTW
That was way, way worse then a jobbing. It was an outright raping.

Got his ass handed to him three times, and Remender even put in a scene of X laid up in a body cast.

The entire team got the same treatment... after that, Jeff Parker had X go toe to toe with Nuke in h2h combat. Same Nuke that beat the living shit out of Cap, btw.

DarkSaint85
Surprised this was never done, outside of a sword fight (Kind of handicapping Steve imo)

This is a pure h2h fight. Steve gets his shield, and Mr. X only has his skills.

Who wins?

Wait, so no precog??

cdtm
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Wait, so no precog??

Ok, so I don't know the meaning of the word "skill" stick out tongue

Yes, he gets his power, too.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.