who is the definite character for each of these tiers?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ghostman
in terms of power/skill/reputation and lip service who is the face of each of these named tiers? for example, like when you think of the street tier bracket who is the one who embodies everything in that bracket TO YOU ?

Tier 1 - Street

Low

Mid

High

Tier 2 - Meta.

Low

Mid

High

Tier 3 - Herald.

Low

Mid

High

Tier 4 - Trans.

Low

Mid

High

Tier 5 - skyfather.

Low

Mid

High

Tier 6 - cosmic.

Low

Mid

High

Tier 7 - Abstract.

Low

Mid

High

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by ghostman
in terms of power/skill/reputation and lip service who is the face of each of these named tiers? for example, like when you think of the street tier bracket who is the one who embodies everything in that bracket TO YOU ?

Tier 1 - Street

Low: Black Widow...

Mid: Robin...

High: Batman...

Tier 2 - Meta.

Low: Spiderman...

Mid: Rogue...

High: Dracula...

Tier 3 - Herald.

Low: Jack of Hearts...

Mid: Wonder Woman...

High: Silver Surfer...

Tier 4 - Trans.

Low: Collector...

Mid: Runner...

High: Thanos...

Tier 5 - skyfather.

Low: Grandmaster...

Mid: Serpent...

High: Odin...

Tier 6 - cosmic.

Low: Average Celestial...

Mid: Galactus...

High: Tiamut...

Tier 7 - Abstract.

Low: Love/Hate...

Mid: Order/Chaos...

High: Living Tribunal...

I'm too lazy to rewrite everything, but I will use your format; all edits are mines of course...

abhilegend
Tier 1 - Street

Low
: Robin

Mid
: punisher

High
: Captain America

Tier 2 - Meta.

Low
: Wolverine

Mid
: Spider-Man

High
: Thing

Tier 3 - Herald.

Low
: Iron man

Mid
: Beta Ray Bill

High
: Superman

Tier 4 - Trans.

Low
: Thanos

Mid
: Mangog

High
: Superboy Prime

Tier 5 - skyfather.

Low
: Mephisto

Mid
: Guardians of the universe

High
: Darkseid

Tier 6 - cosmic.

Low
: Galactus

Mid
: Anti Monitor

High
: Spectre

Tier 7 - Abstract.

Low
: Endless

Mid
: Living Tribunal

High : Lucifer Morningstar /Michael Demiurgos

Power Cosmic II
obviously high herald is the Silver Surfer. The tier is named "herald" for a reason.

TethAdamTheRock
Originally posted by ghostman

Tier 1 - Street

Low Punisher

Mid Robin

High Batman/Captain America

Tier 2 - Meta.

Low Spiderman

Mid Lizard, Venom, Rhino

High Colossus, Thing

Tier 3 - Herald.

Low Namor/Aquaman

Mid Wonderman/Hercules/Wonder Woman

High Silver Surfer/Thor/Superman

Tier 4 - Trans.

Low Sundipped Superman, HP Doomsday, WBH

Mid Superboy Prime

High Void Sentry

Tier 5 - skyfather.

Low Lord Marvel

Mid Thanos

High Odin

Tier 6 - cosmic.

Low Tenebrous Aegis

Mid Celestials

High Galactus

Tier 7 - Abstract.

Low Love/Hate

Mid Chaos Order

High Eternity/Death

abhilegend
Originally posted by Power Cosmic II
obviously high herald is the Silver Surfer. The tier is named "herald" for a reason.
Superman is the benchmark for heralds and heavy hitters in general.

You don't get "he is almost as powerful as Silver Surfer" to reference characters power level.

ghostman
Originally posted by abhilegend

You don't get "he is almost as powerful as Silver Surfer" to reference characters power level.

read op abhi

abhilegend
I did. Superman is vastly superior to pretty much anyone in heralds tier in all those areas.

Surfer fans always mistake versatility with power and formidability.

Power Cosmic II

The tier as named by kmc informally however many years ago is named after heralds of galactus. Not "x"-el tier.

That tier was so named because the heralds were the benchmark for feats, not superman. You don't like it, you should have been around when the tiers were being made.

Warrior Madness
Tier 1 - Street

Low - Robin

Mid - Daredevil

High - Batman

Tier 2 - Meta.

Low - Black Panther

Mid - Spider-Man

High - Sasquatch

Tier 3 - Herald.

Low - Namor/Aquaman

Mid -Captain Marvel(Shazam), Wonder Woman

High - Superman

Tier 4 - Trans.

Low - Void Sentry

Mid - Thanos

High - SBP

Tier 5 - skyfather.

Low - Zeus (Marvel)

Mid - Odin

High - Darkseid

Tier 6 - cosmic.

Low -Watchers, Stranger

Mid - Galactus, Imperiex

High - Celestials

Tier 7 - Abstract.

Low - In-Betweener

Mid - Mr. Mxyzptlk

High - Living Tribunal, Lucifer Morningstar /Michael Demiurgos

Digi
OP doesn't quite define criteria well enough for my liking. So I think we're getting different answers. Am I identifying the median (whoever is the most solidified in that tier and none other)? Or the best/most powerful in the tier? Or the one who has the most recognition at that particular power level?

When the tiers first started, some were book-ended by characters. Trans. was anything under Odin. And High Herald was "Equal to or below Surfer." Surfer literally defined the upper limit of a tier. Others were - and continue to be - more nebulous. We tried the same for a while with High Meta and Iron Man, for example, but his armors kept getting better and we eventually had to scrap it. I think he's currently listed low herald.

Additionally, keep in mind that these particular tiers are entirely a KMC construct. They don't exist in the wider comic world, notably in the minds of any writer. I also don't think even KMC has anything resembling defined strictures on OP's tier 6 and 7. We've never really gone beyond Odin, and I'm not even sure what "Cosmic" means in that context.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Digi
High Herald was "Equal to or below Surfer." Surfer literally defined the upper limit of a tier. And with that, here comes..

http://blogmedia.designpublic.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/david-caruso-sunglasses_400_260_c1_center_top_0_0.jpg

...the "tears"

carver9
Tier 1 - Street

Low: Daredevil

Mid: Batman

High: Captain America

Tier 2 - Meta.

Low: Wolverine

Mid:

High: Ms. Martian

Tier 3 - Herald.

Low: Magneto

Mid: Orion

High: Silver Surfer

Tier 4 - Trans.

Low: Savage Hulk

Mid: Thanos

High: Monarch

Tier 5 - skyfather.

Low: Gog

Mid: King Thor

High: Odin

Tier 6 - cosmic.

Low: Galactus

Mid: Spectre

High: LT

Cogito
Tier 1 - Street

Low: Alfred

Mid: Robin

High: Captain America/Batman

Tier 2 - Meta.

Mid: Spiderman

High: F4

Tier 3 - Herald.

Low: Iron Man

Mid: Wonder Woman

High: Superman

Tier 4 - Trans.

Low: Classic Strange/Dr. Fate

Mid: Thanos

High: Mangog

Tier 5 - skyfather.

Low: King Thor

Mid: Zeus

High: Odin

Tier 6 - cosmic.

Low: Galactus (average)

Mid: Celestials

High: Imperiex

Tier 7 - Abstract.

Low: In-Betweener

Mid: Endless (DC), Death/Eternity/Infinity/Oblivion (Marvel)

High: LT, Spectre (high), Michael/Lucifer

abhilegend
Originally posted by Power Cosmic II
The tier as named by kmc informally however many years ago is named after heralds of galactus. Not "x"-el tier.

Maybe. But that doesn't makes Surfer the highest herald by default. Just like Superman's initials in superstrength and superspeed make him strongest or fastest.

Those are bygone days when Surfer was wanked to hell.

Again, having the tiers made as herald category doesn't makes the heralds above everyone.

Not unless you think Terrax and Firelord are some kind of badasses.

abhilegend

When the tiers first started, some were book-ended by characters. Trans. was anything under Odin. And High Herald was "Equal to or below Surfer." Surfer literally defined the upper limit of a tier.

Then Superman should be above herald category by default because Surfer is just a wuss all things considered.

abhilegend
Originally posted by psycho gundam
And with that, here comes..

http://blogmedia.designpublic.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/david-caruso-sunglasses_400_260_c1_center_top_0_0.jpg

...the "tears"
Heh, until you realize Hulk wasn't even a high herald and placed in mid herald category.

durimshot

-Pr-
Then Superman should be above herald category by default because Surfer is just a wuss all things considered.

That's not what those words mean.

psycho gundam
Heh, until you realize Hulk wasn't even a high herald and placed in mid herald category.

durimshot His limitations are the reason Silver surfer was thought of as the "source wall" between man and god: Hulk can't do a lot of things whereas Surfer can do pretty much everything everyone else can plus more. We all know this and wouldn't complain about it

abhilegend
Originally posted by psycho gundam
His limitations are the reason Silver surfer was thought of as the "source wall" between man and god: Hulk can't do a lot of things whereas Surfer can do pretty much everything everyone else can plus more. We all know this and wouldn't complain about it
laughing out loud

Yeah, right. So you are basically saying versatility trumps all? Surfer is versatile but lacks the raw power of Hulk and that has been shown time and time again.

Hulk being below high herald list is pure nonsense.

Smurph
If I'm going for "consistent body of showings that embody that tier"...

Street
Mid: Catwoman
High: Daredevil

Meta
Mid: Venom
High: Storm

Herald
Low: Professor X

Lots of characters are interchangeable with the ones listed, and others straddle the lines between tiers (For instance Spider-Man is sometimes low meta, other times mid, IMO).

abhilegend
Originally posted by Smurph

Street

Meta

Herald

Lots of characters are interchangeable with the ones listed, and others straddle the lines between tiers (For instance Spider-Man is sometimes low meta, other times mid, IMO).
Wut? Daredevil over the likes of Batman and Captain America?

Not to mention Silver Surfer? The guy is anything but consistent.

Martian_mind

Street

thumb up

Sin I AM

Street

Meta

Herald

👍

Digi

You're taking to the wrong guy. I don't give a shit, and think the tiers are an awful idea. My comment on Surfer was just historical.

abhilegend
You're taking to the wrong guy. I don't give a shit, and think the tiers are an awful idea. My comment on Surfer was just historical.
I'm just commenting historically as well. This forum had an unusual hard on for Surfer.

Philosophía
1). I don't agree with the KMC tiers list , and the picks are for that general range of power, not necessarily the most powerful in that tier, so keeping that in mind:

Tier 1 - Street

Low - Batgirl (Stephanie)

Mid - Punisher

High - Batman

Tier 2 - Meta.

Low - Wolverine

Mid - Spiderman

High - Iron Man

Tier 3 - Herald.

Low - Magneto

Mid - Martian Manhunter

High - Thor

Tier 4 - Trans.

Low - Dr. Strange

Mid - Thanos

High - Doomsday

Tier 5 - skyfather.

Low - Guardian

Mid - Odin

High - Darkseid

Tier 6 - Cosmic/Abstract

Low - Galactus

Mid - Eternity

High - Spectre

Prof. T.C McAbe
Expanding on Phils List with changes.

Tier 1 - Street

Low - Batgirl (Stephanie), Black Widow

Mid - Blue Beetle, Punisher

High - Batman, Captain America

Tier 2 - Meta.

Low - Deathstroke, Wolverine

Mid - Hawkman, Spiderman

High - Aquaman, Iron Man

Tier 3 - Herald.

Low - Apollo, Iron Man

Mid - Captain Atom, Magneto

High - Hal, Silver Surfer

Tier 4 - Trans.

Low - Superman (base lvl), Mangog

Mid - Dr. Fate, Dr. Strange

High - Doomsday, Destroyer

Tier 5 - skyfather.

Low - Takion, Thanos (pre Bendis)

Mid - Ganthet, Surtur

High - Shazam, Odin

Tier 6 - Cosmic/Abstract

Low - Darkseid, Galactus

Mid - Krona, Eternity

High - Spectre, Living Tribunal

Genii96
This surfer hate though
Lolz

JBL
Get use to it. Surfer hate and Superman love all day everyday. Superman trans???? LMAO!!!

Smurph
Wut? Daredevil over the likes of Batman and Captain America?

Not to mention Silver Surfer? The guy is anything but consistent. Yes, because Bats and Cap are basically low meta half the time.

You're clearly out to pick a Surfer/Superman fight, why? This thread isn't about picking the most powerful member of each tier, just the character who best represents the tier in an entirely subjective question.

psycho gundam
smile

abhilegend
Yes, because Bats and Cap are basically low meta half the time.

Eh no? They are sometimes shown as above other street level characters but they are street level characters first.

I'm not picking any fight. Surfer represents tier in what capacity? He is versatile for sure but when you look at his combat showings and even Thor's combat showings, Surfer is left in dust.

Never mind Superman.

Smurph
Eh no? They are sometimes shown as above other street level characters but they are street level characters first. What makes Cap a street level character? Power level, character record, etc are all meta. Daredevil is more of a street character in every sense.

So do you view picking Surfer as some slight to Superman? Superman has to be the answer to every question? Unpack this for me.

abhilegend
What makes Cap a street level character? Power level, character record, etc are all meta. Daredevil is more of a street character in every sense.

His record with other streets? He has three stalemates with DD alone, has lost to wolverine, shown stalemated by Shang Chi etc.

He is no more a meta character than Batman is.

Ha, as if. I'm just baffled by the strange love shown to Surfer. Sure, he is powerful and versatile but his actual record lefts a lot to desire.

I'll pick Thor or Hal Jordan as better representation of tier list more than I would do for Surfer. You know why? Because they actually do something and have actual combat feats instead of "He has this power so he can in theory do this" which is what Surfer is all about on forums.

Zack M
His record with other streets? He has three stalemates with DD alone, has lost to wolverine, shown stalemated by Shang Chi etc.

He is no more a meta character than Batman is.

Ha, as if. I'm just baffled by the strange love shown to Surfer. Sure, he is powerful and versatile but his actual record lefts a lot to desire.

I'll pick Thor or Hal Jordan as better representation of tier list more than I would do for Surfer. You know why? Because they actually do something and have actual combat feats instead of "He has this power so he can in theory do this" which is what Surfer is all about on forums.

thumb up Batman surpassed Daredevil a long time ago.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.