Champion Vs Champions

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
http://www.zonanegativa.com/imagenes/2012/03/2466.jpg

No prep.
No BFR.
The classic Champions line up, Modern versions.

http://i.imgur.com/opFpMra.jpg

Bentley
I thought Champion is supposed to have a magic weakness? If so, Ghost Rider could be a key for the win.

basilisk
Hercules probably can't do much based on Champs early showings with the heavy hitters. Maybe Darkstar could do something to slow him down or possibly BFR him. Iceman bringing his full power in could also do some damage presumably, but probably not enough to stop him. BW and Angel are pretty much useless here. Also in recent appearances Champ might be moving back away from being such a chump again, but we have to wait and see.

I don't recall any magic weakness, have we even seen him fight magic? He supposedly has the Power Primordial same as other Elders use in various ways - haven't seen specific weakness there.

Even so one of the high-power unleashed versions of GR could be a problem for Champion. He's the only chance of the team winning IMO.

zopzop
Thread title says Champion but pic is of Gladiator? Anyway, classic Champion would destroy the team but current Champion is a jobber and would be beaten badly.

riv6672
My bad on the thread title; lets go with:
'Gladiator's the champion of the Sh'iar Empire'
If anyone cares. stick out tongue

zopzop
Ok so it's Gladiator vs The Champions in that pic : Iceman/Ghost Rider/Hercules/Angel/Black Widow?

The only threat here is Ghost Rider. The rest of the team would be decimated by Gladiator.

riv6672
Cool, thanks man.

deathslash
Originally posted by zopzop
Ok so it's Gladiator vs The Champions in that pic : Iceman/Ghost Rider/Hercules/Angel/Black Widow?

The only threat here is Ghost Rider. The rest of the team would be decimated by Gladiator. gotta disagree with you there. Hercules is strong and tough enough to make for a good fight against gladiator and Iceman can't really be hurt by glads while providing a viable distraction. Also, doesn't angel still have the metal wings whose durability is on par with adamantium?

zopzop
Originally posted by deathslash
gotta disagree with you there. Hercules is strong and tough enough to make for a good fight against gladiator and Iceman can't really be hurt by glads while providing a viable distraction. Also, doesn't angel still have the metal wings whose durability is on par with adamantium?
I'm just going by the lineup pictured in the first post. It's just plain Angel there dont' see the Apoc enhanced version. A more powerful version of Iceman was recently killed by pushing him into an oven. I'm betting Gladiator's heat vision > any oven. Gladiator is superior to Hercules by every conceivable measure. GR is the only viable threat because of the nature of his powers which Gladiator is weak to.

deathslash
I'm just going by the lineup pictured in the first post. It's just plain Angel there dont' see the Apoc enhanced version. A more powerful version of Iceman was recently killed by pushing him into an oven. I'm betting Gladiator's heat vision > any oven. Gladiator is superior to Hercules by every conceivable measure. GR is the only viable threat because of the nature of his powers which Gladiator is weak to. I would assume that riv isn't trying to jip the team by pushing them back to their weaker incarnations. That was an alternate reality version of iceman and his showings are in no way indicative of how 616 Iceman would deal with heat. Not only that, but he was specifically, weakened for the sake of the plot. Has hercules not managed to fight evenly with characters like the hulk, thor, abomination, ares, and sentry? I'm not saying that herc would beat gladiator, but i don't agree with the thought that ghost rider is the only one that provides any level of significant threat.

With that said, I'll wait for Riv to weigh in on this.

riv6672
No, i didnt mess that part of the OP up ( stick out tongue ) its modern versions of the team.
More specifically metal wings and full power iceman/GR.

Win or lose, i figure the team needs to be at their most powerful; Glads is a beast.

Stoic
Hercules would give Gladiator the fight of his life, which could go either way if Herc is really serious about taking the win. The rest of the team seals the deal. The Champions win.

zopzop
Originally posted by Stoic
Hercules would give Gladiator the fight of his life, which could go either way if Herc is really serious about taking the win. The rest of the team seals the deal. The Champions win.
Relatively recently Gladiator chumped the GotG/Starjammers/X-men till Jean went all baby Phoenix on him.

I still say GR is the only real threat here and that's why I give team the win.

riv6672
Same result, different reasoning. Nice.

tkitna
Originally posted by Stoic

This

Prof. T.C McAbe
Relatively recently Gladiator chumped the GotG/Starjammers/X-men till Jean went all baby Phoenix on him.

I still say GR is the only real threat here and that's why I give team the win.

Scans?

zopzop
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
Scans?
Sadly no sad But it was this lineup, you see them on the middle panel :
https://s22.postimg.org/mpni8eehp/3852756-guardians_of_the_galaxy_v3_013-007.jpg
Even Vaginaforce Angela was owned.

riv6672
^^^Know who did the art? Its pretty nice.

zopzop
Originally posted by riv6672
^^^Know who did the art? Its pretty nice.
No clue but it is beautiful.

riv6672
Agreed, not the usual cookie cutter look most books are spirting.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.