Do the ST characters and EU beyond have staying power?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zenwolf
Ok so we know the OT introduced to us many characters, that became very well known and established across people, comics, books, toys, games, etc etc.

PT introduced more new characters, the same thing really.

But....does the Sequel Trilogy have that with the characters its bringing forth?

I'm not really sure here, I'm not really feeling these characters, I mean they are ok. I can't even think of the proper words here of what I'm trying to say.

Well anyway, do you guys think they have staying power and will the EU beyond the ST thrive?

SunRazer
We've only got one movie so far. Any judgements now can't be fully accurate.

The Merchant
If you mean that they'll be memorable this coming decade, possibly. Everyone I know likes Kylo Ren or at least think he has a memorable design. Rey is the kind of character women and girls can relate to as a powerful force character, so she's staying probably. Everyone else ehhhhhh.

DarthAnt66
Kylo Ren and Rey are already fan favorites. Time will tell in regards to Phasma, Hux, Poe, and Finn.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by The Merchant
If you mean that they'll be memorable this coming decade, possibly. Everyone I know likes Kylo Ren or at least think he has a memorable design. Rey is the kind of character women and girls can relate to as a powerful force character, so she's staying probably. Everyone else ehhhhhh.

I can agree with Rey there, not entirely sure about Kylo.

Everyone else, yeah.

Also fair enough Razer, suppose it'd be fair to see the other 2 movies first.

Oh, I guess atmosphere is what I was looking for. Or something along those lines.

Rockydonovang
Rey's a pretty great protagonist tbh

DarthAnt66
A vast majority of casual Star Wars fans and casual movie fans really like Rey. The biggest criticism of Rey has come from the hardcore Star Wars fans, ironically. Personally, I love Rey. She's cute, funny, smart, relatable, and overall a great character. All this nonsense about being a "Mary Sue" when we only saw her in one film and she's probably the granddaughter of a demigod is stupid. They forget that Luke in Episode 4 and Anakin in Episode 1 also took a shit ton of Ws with their only Ls being family related, just like Rey.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
A vast majority of casual Star Wars fans and casual movie fans really like Rey. The biggest criticism of Rey has come from the hardcore Star Wars fans, ironically. Personally, I love Rey. She's cute, funny, smart, relatable, and overall a great character. All this nonsense about being a "Mary Sue" when we only saw her in one film and she's probably the granddaughter of a demigod is stupid. They forget that Luke in Episode 4 and Anakin in Episode 1 also took a shit ton of Ws with their only Ls being family related, just like Rey.

Well the thing with Luke though, he wasn't fighting any Force Users or out flying anyone with no flying experience or using The Force in any real meaning other than the bare basics.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.