Dave's Panel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66
It's on now. ****ing hilarious. He's elaborating on the Maul vs Kenobi fight.

MythLord
Link!

|King Joker|
https://twitter.com/starwars/status/852586865198804993

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by MythLord
Link!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqY1Zo5QTcM

ares834
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C9T9B8EXsAAdh2_.jpg

They are going for it. Haha.

|King Joker|
YES LOL

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by ares834
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C9T9B8EXsAAdh2_.jpg

They are going for it. Haha.
YES!

Beniboybling
LMAO

|King Joker|
SEASON FOURRRRRRRRRRR

Beniboybling
It would be nice if they showed some of these pictures on the stream smh. erm

Zenwolf
Well I guess that finally shuts down Rebels Maul being Maul's prime then...not that it wasn't obvious.

|King Joker|
What did they say I turned the stream off

Zenwolf
Originally posted by |King Joker|
What did they say I turned the stream off

"Maul hasn't experienced any personal growth, he hasn't gotten over anything. He hasn't grown, except in his anger and his need for revenge."

Beniboybling
That doesn't mean what you think it means. sad

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Well I guess that finally shuts down Rebels Maul being Maul's prime then...not that it wasn't obvious.
Post please, and the time frame?

I hope you're not referring to this:
"Maul has had no personal growth except for in his anger"

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Beniboybling
That doesn't mean what you think it means. sad

Seems pretty clear to me. He hasn't grown, that's what was said. Only in his anger and desire for revenge.

|King Joker|
They're referring to his emotional stagnation

Selenial
Seems like they're referring to his stagnation in all things.

Beniboybling
Seems pretty clear to me. He hasn't grown, that's what was said. Only in his anger and desire for revenge. As a character yeah. His Force abilities and what not are irrelevant in that respect, in fact getting more angry would only funnel into that.

Zenwolf
For the love of...jeez people, hell just go to Dave's Twitter then and ask him clear and dry of the question, is Maul passed his prime in Rebels?

Rockydonovang
Seems pretty clear to me. He hasn't grown, that's what was said. Only in his anger and desire for revenge.
Yes he hasn't grown EMOTIONALLY just as tcw maul hadn't grown from tpm maul EMOTIONALLY. He was explainaning a verbal exchange

Also I really shouldn't have to point this out but...

Growing in anger, desire for revenge? Darksiders? Darksiders combativel draw from anger/revenge?

Sorry, but your quote doesn't disprove jack. If anything, using what we already know about the lore, it only reinforces feloni's earlier statment

Zenwolf
As a character yeah. His Force abilities and what not are irrelevant in that respect, in fact getting more angry would only funnel into that.

Force I never had an issue with, its the physical part.

Rockydonovang
Force I never had an issue with, its the physical part.
Whether he declined or not physically he improved overall as a duelist/swordsman, thats not debatable and the statement you used doesn't remotely contradict it, it actually reinofrces it

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
Whether he declined or not physically he improved overall as a duelist/swordsman, thats not debatable and the statement you used doesn't remotely contradict it, it actually reinofrces it

How can he improve as a swordsman, if he declined physically? Experience? Sure, but it's not like we saw any new saber techniques or whatever that he couldn't do before in past incarnations.

Beniboybling
Force I never had an issue with, its the physical part. Well it's not really talking about that either lel.

Beniboybling
For the love of...jeez people, hell just go to Dave's Twitter then and ask him clear and dry of the question, is Maul passed his prime in Rebels? No one's stopping you. laughing out loud

Zenwolf
No one's stopping you. laughing out loud

laughing out loud I can never get any answers from anyone on Twitter whenever I ask a simple question. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Beniboybling
So how are others supposed to get one then. mmm

Anyway this stream is shit, something needs to fix it. no

Zenwolf
So how are others supposed to get one then. mmm

Anyway this stream is shit, something needs to fix it. no

Well others seem to have no problems getting answers to their questions.

Rockydonovang
How can he improve as a swordsman, if he declined physically? Experience? Sure, but it's not like we saw any new saber techniques or whatever that he couldn't do before.
because power growth can counteract negate and even supersede physical degradement and being active(which given that he was menacing the empire, searching for holocrons, enagaed in multiple lightsaber duels, looking for artifacts, maul definitely was) increases skill. When you practice doing the same thing over and over again, you get better at it.

Additionally as your quote shows maul's anger/ desire for revenge grew(things that boost darksiders), the same factors that allowed tcw maul to grow not just beocming more powerful, but physically superior, and more skilled than his tpm counterpart.

What should be obvious given that literally all relevant evidence supports it both directly and indirectly is that maul progressed from tcw. Somethign which is made fact by an uncontradicted statement of authority on official disney star wars material aka canon in rebels recon

DarthAnt66
Maul declined, lmfao. We had a vote on it and literally 95% of the forum agreed.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Maul declined, lmfao. We had a vote on it and literally 95% of the forum agreed.
Yes because the consesus of users on a forum means crap when we have canonical statements opposing it and all said forum users can muster is out of context quotes, many of which actually indirectly reinforce aforementioned canonical statement

Beniboybling
Maul declined, lmfao. We had a vote on it and literally 95% of the forum agreed. laughing out loud

DarthAnt66
Should be noted that the 5% was Rocky.

DarthDuelist9
Hahahahaha

Rockydonovang
This is amazing.

People who like Maul ignoring evidence, and canonical powerscaling. instead using forum polls, circumstantial low showings, and an gnorance of context to lowball the crap out of maul

and the dude defending maul is the one who gained a bad reputaion largely in part because of his use of out of context statements, other viner's opinions, and circumstatial low showings to lowball maul earlier on

Darth Thor

Growing in anger, desire for revenge? Darksiders? Darksiders combativel draw from anger/revenge?

There's a difference between focused Rage fueling the dark side, as opposed to just being angry in a desperate and bitter way whilst just stuck in the past.

This is amazing.

People who like Maul ignoring evidence, and canonical powerscaling

Canonical powerscaling is clear when comparing SOD Maul vs Windu, and Tebeks Maul vs Ben.

Beniboybling
An argument can be made for Maul's decline, but those raised so far are just terrible. laughing out loud

DarthAnt66
Ian was just discussing how Anakin's birth was sort of like that of the anti-Christ given he might have been created by Sidious and Plagueis.

First time I ever heard Ian discuss that.

DarthAnt66
A GUY JUST ASKED IF SIDIOUS THREW THE FIGHT.

DarthAnt66
IAN CONFIRMS IT WAS STAGED. YES.

HAHAHAHA YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

ares834
A GUY JUST ASKED IF WINDU THREW THE FIGHT.

Windu?

Edit: Good. It always seemed obvious to me.

DarthAnt66
Typo, my bad.

But yeah. He said it was staged "for Anakin's benefit."

Rockydonovang
An argument can be made for Maul's decline, but those raised so far are just terrible. laughing out loud
Please make this arguement then

DarthAnt66
"This is what he (Palpatine) is hinting at : how Anakin might have been created a long time ago, that it was kind of a fiendish plot like Jesus in reverse almost. Also, that Plagueis had absolute power and the power over life and death, which might be useful as far as Padme's concern, but the other thing he had, which is probably the most interesting thing of all, is that he had no power over his own death. Palpatine might have been implying that he killed him, and that that gave him a sense of satisfaction. But also the cycle had to go on, because as you know, there can only be two at any one time. Also while he's presenting a case to Anakin in terms of hope and fear, it's a fantastic piece of temptation and seduction, but if you really analyze it too, he's really predicting Anakin's death and, maybe without realizing it, his own." -IM

Rockydonovang
ian rocks

DarthAnt66
"The whole idea was to stage the temptation of Anakin - it was for his benefit. And of course Windu was going to have to die. He probably wanted to kill him earlier. Palpatine knew what was going on and he'd been publicly defied. It was again part of the process leading to the fact that poor old Palpatine was going to be attacked by a much younger person and that Anakin would find that objectionable." -IM

Beniboybling
(In his opinion.)

UCanShootMyNova
Lmfao. The backpedal.

Emperordmb
Syndicate my dude, I summon thee

chingchangwalla
Lol that retard Rocky's narrative about Maul is down the drain. ****ing spastic

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.