The Last Jedi Panel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Beniboybling
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mh4X4N-8fEM

Starting soon. smile

quanchi112
Snoke and Kylo. Out with the old and in with the new.

ares834
****ing Josh Gad...

Ugh. Bring back Warwick.

DarthAnt66
He looks like Jared Fogle.

|King Joker|
He seems funny what's the problem

|King Joker|
Carrie / Leia looks great in TLJ.

DarthAnt66
Since they obviously couldn't anticipate her death, I doubt she'll have any major role.

They might have significantly rewrote the script though.

DarthAnt66
"Rey Kenobi" wouldn't make sense unless they flesh out Kenobi's relationship with Satine.

She would be his granddaughter though.

ares834
Here they go on the "empowered female" shit again...

Just talk about the films not the politics.

Selenial
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Since they obviously couldn't anticipate her death, I doubt she'll have any major role.

They might have significantly rewrote the script though.

In TLJ? They'd finished filming her scenes before she passed away.

DarthAnt66
Yeah. My point is I doubt she was a major role in the original script. They might have reworked the story or whatever for her to appear to have a major role, but fans shouldn't be surprised if she's just sitting at the Resistance base again with a couple lines of dialogue.

Beniboybling
Yeah Episode 9 was the problem, but apparently she's in that too.

DarthAnt66
Boyega kissed Daisy on the forehead. So cute.

ares834
Boyega is wearing Stormtrooper colors. Ha.

Beniboybling
Lel sounds like the Empire is going to strike back at the beginning of the Last Jedi. Prolly with AT-Ats.

|King Joker|
Adam Driver sort of looks like Abe Lincoln at certain angles

DarthAnt66
They're playing Across the Stars theme for this chick. Romance partner for Finn or Poe?

Beniboybling
Originally posted by |King Joker|
Adam Driver sort of looks like Abe Lincoln at certain angles Lel

ares834
The new character:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C9YkXFuXkAEefVW.jpg

DarthAnt66
Kelly will have to redeem herself for being CollegeHumor trash in my eyes.

She hasn't done it yet.

DarthAnt66
http://i.imgur.com/En8kyjI.png

ares834
Damn. Love the costume.

DarthAnt66
Lmfao Hamill almost made Kathy shit her pants when he suggested Luke wasn't a major player.

ares834
That poster was bad ass.

DarthAnt66
http://i.imgur.com/XFJbIeZ.png

|King Joker|
AMAZING

DarthAnt66
No ****ing trailer? I'm about to kill someone.

Beniboybling
Wow that poster.

DarthAnt66
YES TRAILER.

DarthAnt66
HOLY **** THAT TRAILER.

ares834
Thought it was kinda meh. No where near as good as the last 2 TFA trailers.

Beniboybling
eek!

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by ares834
Thought it was kinda meh. No where near as good as the last 2 TFA trailers.
The last one was insane because we haven't seen shit like the Falcon or Han in decades.

This was amazing in it's own right.

ares834
The Falcon showed up in the first trailer and I thought that one was shit.

Really, outside of Luke's final line, I can't say there was much of anything to get me all that excited.

DarthAnt66
Maybe you're just a loser, tbh.

ares834
Nah, I've got taste and simply don't gobble up all the shit Disney tries to force feed me.

DarthAnt66
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erLk59H86ww

Not seeing why this one is particularly better.

Remember, it was the official teaser, not the official trailer.

Beniboybling
Ares is a big losur yeah.

Also there is dialogue from Yoda, Kenobi and Leia it would seem in the trailer.

ares834
I already said I thought the first trailer for TFA was shit. It was the latter two that I greatly enjoyed.

This teaser is certainly better than the first TFA's one. And yes, I realize this is simply the first teaser but those can still be great. Just look at the recent Thor teaser which I thought was incredible.

Beniboybling
I'm impressed tbh, it terms of what it tells me about the film the scenes and settings look amazing.

Beniboybling
Just look at the recent Thor teaser which I thought was incredible. A standard Hollywood trailer with a catchy song a few gags and all the major plot points is not incredible lol.

I enjoy how the SW trailers having being deviating from the norm in focusing on theme and imagery as opposed just telling you what the film's about tbh.

ares834
Certainly better than this. confused

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Beniboybling
A standard Hollywood trailer with a catchy song a few gags and all the major plot points is not incredible lol.

I enjoy how the SW trailers having being deviating from the norm in focusing on theme and imagery as opposed just telling you what the film's about tbh.
thumb up

|King Joker|
The Thor trailer was pretty run-of-the-mill yeah

I love the vibe from TLJ trailer

Beniboybling
Certainly better than this. confused I'm just confused as to what you thought was incredible about it. It was average, if not bad if you don't like your movies spoiled before seeing them. I mean if we are talking about good taste here you picked a poor example. erm

ares834
Originally posted by Beniboybling
I'm just confused as to what you thought was incredible about it. erm

It was fun, upbeat, and made me want to see the film.

This trailer's ending was the only thing that really caught my attention. Otherwise, there was nothing that really piqued my interest. It certainly doesn't help that much of it seems derivative of ESB. Oh look, Rebel Resistance land speeders are going to fight some Imperial Walkers.

By no means was it a bad trailer, there just wasn't anything that really got me anymore excited to see the film.

Beniboybling
Sounds like you lack taste, and just gobble up whatever shit Marvel tries to force on you. sad

ares834
I've actually not been a fan of most of the recent Marvel films. So no, you're completely wrong there.

Beniboybling
I guess you just have bad taste then. sad

Beniboybling
They are picking apart the trailer now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgxO6mQI9k0a

Azronger
It's going to be shit.

Nephthys
Most major trailers these days give away the entire plot (Batman v Superman) or pretty much stuff all the best bits in, much to the actual movies detriment. BvS was significantly weakened for me because I knew literally the entire plot before stepping into the theater. And that film didn't need more things going against it. I actually aggressively avoid most trailers now because they just ruin the movie.

So I actually appreciate the recent Star Wars trailers being fairly vague and brief. It's Star Wars, they don't need to convince people to see the movie. With TFA and RO I walked in hyped yet basically ignorant of anything about the movie itself. The perfect experience.

Besides, it was only a teaser anyway.

Beniboybling
thumb up

It served its purpose without trying too hard.

SunRazer
Interesting trailer with some nice parallels to ESB, but it looks like it'll be more different to that than TFA was to ANH.

Also, is this a destroyed saber hilt (Kylo Ren's, perhaps)? https://youtu.be/zB4I68XVPzQ?t=54

Beniboybling
I assumed that was Vader's mask.

EDIT: Now I look at it, I think it's Kylo's...

ares834
It's definitely Kylo's.

carthage
Can't wait to see the film also glad they went without releasing so much of the story in the teaser.

SunRazer
So we can probably expect Rey to beat him again, or, hopefully, Luke manhandling him.

DarthAnt66
I doubt Rey will beat Kylo again.

carthage
It depends on how much he's grown imo. But yeah Rey seems to be more inherently powerful in the force than Him. I'm curious to see how much Luke has grown as well

Beniboybling
I'd like to see Kylo beat Rey tbh.

SunRazer

carthage
He should logically be way beyond Obi Wan. Kenobi couldn't beat Vader in spite of curbing Maul, Luke with hardly any training took him out.

But yeah I'm not expecting him to be destroying AT-ATs or lifting mountains, he's probably more in keeping with Jedi tradition (using the force sparingly)

SunRazer
He should be far more powerful than Obi-Wan given that he's similar to his age in ANH with far greater potential, but I'm just allowing myself to contemplate the possibility of him hardly growing since RotJ in his exile.

Although chances are his exile gave him an opportunity to hone his stuff, but there's always the possibility that he atrophied.

DarthAnt66
I heard Rey and Kylo fight as Luke slaughters all the Knights of Ren on the Jedi Temple planet.

Luke's suppose to be uber powerful.

SunRazer
Heard from who, lol?

DarthAnt66
Making Star Wars, which is pretty damn credible. Almost all their leaks about TFA were true.

SunRazer
Interesting. That's obviously not hard to believe, and could make for a good scene.

Does Snoke get to play any part?

DarthAnt66
I haven't heard of Snoke fighting yet, but I've been intentionally ignoring rumors / leaks the best I can.

I assume you heard of his kyber ring though?

SunRazer
No, I'm also trying to avoid leaks.

And I didn't mean Snoke had to fight. I just wanted to see if he appeared in the flesh and did anything. But I suppose I shouldn't be asking that if I don't want spoilers.

DarthAnt66
Then I'll avoid spoiling. thumb up

DarthAnt66
Here's how the leaks from Making Star Wars are saying Kylo and Snoke will look: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C9MxYL2UAAAj80w.jpg

playa1258
Luke is going to be extremely powerful. He is going to wreck the KOR.

Luke will battle Snoke in episode 9.

DarthAnt66
I'm expecting a Luke vs Snoke throw-down in this film, honestly.

I really really really really doubt Luke surviving this film.

ares834
I heard Rey and Kylo fight as Luke slaughters all the Knights of Ren on the Jedi Temple planet.

Luke's suppose to be uber powerful.

The source also spoiled Luke's apperence in this film and seems to have nailed it. So this is looking very credible.

Here's how the leaks from Making Star Wars are saying Kylo and Snoke will look: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C9MxYL2UAAAj80w.jpg

Snoke looks better than in TFA but I'm still not a fan of the design.

DarthAnt66
Snoke looks better than in TFA but I'm still not a fan of the design.
My thoughts are they figured they had to make someone who was significantly visibly different than the Emperor.

I don't think they could go with the all-in-black-big-bad-on-a-dark-throne again. I like the robes. Look unique.

playa1258
The Kyber crystal probably amps the power of Snoke. Snoke also is insanely rich, which helps explains the top notch equipment of the first order.

DarthAnt66
I imagine the ring also functioning as like Kun's amulet blasts, so he doesn't need to use his actual hands or a lightsaber.

SunRazer
Now he looks like the Dalai Lama. lol

Beniboybling
I imagine the ring also functioning as like Kun's amulet blasts, so he doesn't need to use his actual hands or a lightsaber. laughing

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Yeah ant, that's an dumb. smile

Beniboybling
I like Snoke & Kylo's new looks though (provided it makes it into the film) very dashing.

ares834
Kylo's scar should be far more apparent. He got ****ed up by Rey pretty bad in the last film yet his scar is barely noticeable. I guess they didn't want to ruin his pretty face.

I'm liking the cape though.

Edit: Hope he has the yellow eyes as well.

SunRazer
It's pretty noticeable in that concept art. Unfortunately that isn't what he looks like in the teaser. Unless he gets healed or something.

Beniboybling
Bacta tanks are a wonderful thing, I'm glad my boy Kylo still gorgeous. smile

Fated Xtasy
Great Trailer, raises a lot of questions tho tbh.

Like who, or what is going to replace the Jedi?

and does Luke mean that "the Jedi have to end" in a way that alludes to him and Kylo dying?

Awesome job regardless

DarthAnt66
Anyone else hear the Snoke theme at the end of the trailer when it says December?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.