Action Figure Quotes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SunRazer
Gonna be an Ant and post some action figure quotes.

Yoda:

Anakin Skywalker:

Mace Windu:

Darth Maul:

Darth Sidious:

Dooku:

General Grievous:

Zenwolf
Is there something wrong with these quotes?

UCanShootMyNova
"Maul has no personality beyond his ultimate devotion to his master - Darth Sidious."

:P

UCanShootMyNova
Thank you for the Grievous quotes Nova.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
"Maul has no personality beyond his ultimate devotion to his master - Darth Sidious."

:P

was just about to post this, top kek.

SunRazer
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Is there something wrong with these quotes?

What? No, I'm just posting them because they're hype for the characters.

And yeah, that Maul quote was a bit funny.

SunRazer
Ant, say goodbye to Revan resisting Malachor V:

Here's more for Maul:

Ben Kenobi:

Qui-Gon:

Darth Malgus:

Shaak Ti:

Asajj Ventress:

Some really good Ventress hype.

Rockydonovang
Shaak Ti is a powerful Jedi Master. Her highly refined Jedi skills are extremely useful in the battle against Count Dooku and the super battle droids.

-- Jedi Master - Star Wars SAGA Series, 2002

Well, clearly ti is dooku+ given she can battle dooku+his droids

Zenwolf
...So I guess were just ignoring Ky Narec, who took her as his Jedi Padawan and trained her then?

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by SunRazer
Ant, say goodbye to Revan resisting Malachor V:

I've had the action figure since 2007, lmfao. It's hanged on my wall, actually. That's not a "new" quote.

The historic description presented is in direct contradiction with every existing source available for Revan's fall - especially SWTOR:R.

That's no surprise, since I'm pretty sure a fan wrote the description. Wasn't it like a fan creation contest thing?

SunRazer

DarthAnt66
The Chronicles being wrong on various fronts is irrelevant when Leland Chee has affirmed it's canonical status in not one, but three instances. Also provide me a quote from any canonical policy saying a source coming out after serves as a retcon, since none exists. That's generally *assumed*, but given the caliber of literature is so different (official summary posted on starwars.com and the KotOR II website and affirmed by Chee versus fan-choice action-figure by ToyFare potentially written by fan), I'm not giving you the benefit of the doubt. The Chronicles specifically states "Revan feeds on (but is not consumed by) the power of the dark side," which is literally as a direct contest of quotes as it gets. Thus, I'm inclined to refer to the source material on this one (given Chronicles is indeed the original source referring to Revan's actions against Malachor). It's contradicted by SWTOR by stating that Revan is indeed consumed by the dark-side, in which he is not consumed by the dark-side until he confronts Vitiate. He's also not a Sith Lord until he confronts Vitiate. He self-proclaims himself one on Malachor V, but as per Pablo, you have to be officially christened by a Sith Master in order to officially become a Sith Lord (with obvious exceptions, of course). Not to mention the description is blatantly ignorant of the Mandalorian Wars.

DarthAnt66
For the record, the two other Revan action figures released had descriptions that were direct copy-and-pastes from Wookieepedia, so it's entirely possible this one was as well (just from 2006).

That's beside all the other reasons. thumb up

DarthAnt66
Also, I'm not even sure a claim of retcon can be made, since regardless of when Chronicles was first written, it was still upheld on the official Star Wars website well after the release of the action figure. Chee also confirmed it's canoncity following the release of the figure, I believe. Thus, it effectively never went out of business, even despite numerous rehauls of the Star Wars website, until well after the action figure went away.

SunRazer
Nowhere did I say Chronicles is non-canon, lol. All I was getting at is that it's reliability is just as questionable as the action figure's, but for different reasons. The fact that it's canon and that its canonicity has been affirmed makes it no less susceptible to being retconned, much like any other canon source. The fact that the action figure descriptions can be taken from Wookieepedia means nothing in of itself; it just means that where they do, said Wookieepedia descriptions are canonized by the publishing of those action figures (an official source).

The nature in which Revan became a Sith Lord was in line with how it was portrayed prior to SWTOR coming along and retconning the whole lot. While SWTOR may change the fact that he didn't become a Sith Lord on Malachor V, it doesn't change the notion of him being corrupted there. It claims that Revan's fall to the dark side was completed by his encounter with Vitiate, which he suggests that he was corrupted in part already. We know Revan was succumbing to the lure of the dark side over the course of the Mandalorian Wars anyway; this is just further proof.

Your last post made no sense whatsoever. Regarding retcons, there doesn't need to be an official publication trying to reconcile the two sources; many accepted retcons are simply a new source's depiction of X overriding an older one's. If an official product says one thing, and another official product released later says another in relation to the same topic, then that's a retcon.

Though if you're going to argue that a newer source doesn't outright take precedence over another and try to place emphasis on the "source of origin" over later sources' references to it, then I can settle for Revan not being far more powerful than Nihilus, and Yoda repelling Dooku's Lightning "far from easily", among various other things.

EDIT: Actually, the action figure quote and the Chronicles quote are referring to completely separate events. So no retcon, but Revan was still corrupted, at least in the incident described by the action figure.

DarthAnt66
It's actually pretty amazing you can type all of that yet somehow dodge every one of my points.

CANONCITY:

- The Chronicles of the Old Republic was featured on both the official Star Wars website and the Knights of the Old Republic II website.

- The article was also confirmed twice over to be a legitimate and good source.

versus

- Revan action figures have a history of citing Wookieepedia as the back-of-the-box description.

- The action figure is also from a fan-choice award, so it's unknown who the hell wrote it or if anyone ever checked its contents ever.

There's absolutely no statement that newer quotes retcon the old. Chee has said many times it's a "case-by-case basis."

Based on the facts listed above, the Chronicles, in the mind of anyone besides you, would be considered the superior source.

Your "retcon" policy is something you made up. No where has any Star Wars official stated that. So stop the bullshit.

CONTRADICTION:

There is a difference between wielding the dark-side and being consumed by the dark-side. The Chronicles stated the former in regards to Revan, in which no contradiction arose with SWTOR and was, in fact, supportive of later texts. The notion Revan was "consumed" by the dark-side, based on the affects of Malachor V on those that it did canonically "consume," suggests an unavoidable, unbreakable devotion. Thus, a contradiction indeed exists since it was canonically not until Revan confronted Vitiate did such an event happen. Therefore, Revan could not have been consumed by the dark-side on Malachor V. You are trying to argue being corrupted and being consumed is the same thing, which is specifically isn't. Chronicles goes out of it's way to specify the difference.

EDIT: And no, they're both referring to the same event.

SunRazer
Post Chee's quote. The last time we had a quote from him it was referring to the story group's method of deciding retcons, not us.

IRC, the quote from Chronicles is about him drawing on the power of Malachor from space without being corrupted. That was in the middle of the battle, not as they chased the Mandalorian raiders as the action figure quote claims.

And again, the Wookieepedia thing doesn't matter. All it means is that the action figure has canonized that part of Wookieepedia. As for the fan choice crap, assuming you're right, somebody would check it anyway, so yeah. You're grasping at straws.

DarthAnt66
You realize that C-Canon and all these rules we follow are just how the story group follows it, not LucasFilm's official policy, right?

Nope. It's when Revan arrives at Malachor V. The dark-side tries to corrupt him, but he resists. That's why he maintains his sanity.

It's relevant since it's up for us to decide which of the two quotes are canonical, based on the information provided to us. It's our job to decide similarly to how Chee would decide if the issue was presented to him. And the fact is you know that he would agree Revan resisted Malachor. The alternative has far too many complications and inconsistencies, whereas resisting makes sense and is consistent with the idea he's not consumed until Vitiate. You're the one who is grasping since you so desperately want this passed, but the fact of the matter is it will be only my dead body.

And no, who the **** is checking it? ToyFaire likely provided the description and Hasbro just slapped it on. Do you think Chee is going up and down all the action figures making sure it's canonical? Wtf. We have proof that the Chronicles is confirmed by Chee. We don't have any of that sort of the action figure quote, so it's confirmation of canoncity is certainly up for debate.

SunRazer
Right, but if the story group hasn't made an official ruling, it's up to us, and not being the story group, we aren't necessarily privy to the same criteria. You are aware that one of the criteria was "whatever explanation's cooler", right? laughing out loud

I don't have a copy of Chronicles right now, but when is that? Doesn't sound like it's from him chasing the Mandalorians.

And no, I don't have qualms with that approach, as I said. It certainly means you can give up the MW Revan >>> Nihilus nonsense.

Someone's obviously checking to make sure that he's not writing something utterly retarded on there. Whether or not it's Chee doesn't matter, lol.

MythLord
Shaak Ti is useful against Dooku. smile

DarthAnt66
Of course I'm aware, you always say that as if it debunks everything when it doesn't. I'm inclined to do what Leland Chee says is what the Holocron does. You literally want to fully make up your own canon policy, which you've accused me of doing in the past.

Revan stumbles upon the world searching for a stronghold, goes to the surface, and then resists. The action figure quote is completely inconsistent with every single ****ing description of Revan going to Malachor.

I'm not particularly interested in debating Revan vs Nihilus at the moment.

I ****ing doubt it. On one of my figure boxes, it states that Ventress and Grievous versus Yoda, Kenobi, and Anakin is close. Another states Darth Nihilus came after Darth Bane in chronology. They're obviously not going to put something completely retarded, they want to make a proper box. That doesn't mean they can't be wrong, though. Action figure boxes have more errors than books by far, and that's definitely not a coincidence.

SunRazer
You seem upset, my child. By the way, The Ultimate Visual Guide: Updated and Expanded claims that Bane was around 1000 years after Kun. Heck, Chronicles has Vodo dying to Exar Kun but being alarmed at Meetra's joining of the Mandalorian Wars about 30 years later. laughing out loud

All sources are fallible. Hope you've realized that. thumb up

UCanShootMyNova
You seem upset, my child.

Obliterated.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/61/90/df/6190df206bb52dd90e15470eab19eaef.png

DarthAnt66
You seem upset, my child.:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7g77WN6obk4&t=0m13s

Azronger
Finally - the Emperor - who should be fighting to save the Republic - is revealed as the most powerful and menacing Sith of all!

-The Sith - Revenge Of The Sith Collection, 2005

eek!

SunRazer
It's from 2005, lol. And you can argue that the context is only modern Sith, but either way, it's a good accolade.

Personally, I'm more excited about another quote confirming that Sidious stalemated Mace rather than outright losing, even with Vaapad.

Azronger
It's from 2005, lol. And you can argue that the context is only modern Sith, but either way, it's a good accolade.

Palpatine wank is still Palpatine wank thumb up

Yeah, that's good too, although the RotS novel has been out for 12 years now, and it confirmed the same thing.

EDIT: I'll respond to our PM once I get access to my computer.

SunRazer
Yeah, but I'm liking the fact that we have another quote backing that up.

Azronger
Two quotes, actually

SunRazer
Yes, that's what "another" means. In addition to something else. There has to be one to begin with for there to be "another" quote.

Unless you're saying a third quote claims that it was an impasse? If so, all the better.

Azronger
Yes, there are three quotes in total. That's what I meant.

SunRazer
Where's the other one from?

Azronger
From the OP smile

RHaggis
Is this thread to prove a point or....?

Petrus
Wasn't it stated in the Revan novel that he and Malak were corrupted and mind-****ed by the Emperor when they went to DK? And that's how they fell to the dark side and 'returned with an even larger armada and invaded the Republic'?

SunRazer
Originally posted by RHaggis
Is this thread to prove a point or....?

No, I'm just posting quotes that I found. There doesn't have to be an ulterior motive behind everything.

Originally posted by Azronger
From the OP smile

Thought that was the same quote. Nice. smile

SunRazer
Originally posted by Petrus
Wasn't it stated in the Revan novel that he and Malak were corrupted and mind-****ed by the Emperor when they went to DK? And that's how they fell to the dark side and 'returned with an even larger armada and invaded the Republic'?

Fair enough, I can concede to SWTOR retconning it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.