World War Z Sequel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Patient_Leech
I'm one who somewhat enjoyed the first film. So if Fincher is on board that could make for an even better movie...

http://epicstream.com/news/World-War-Z-Sequel-Moves-Forward-With-Director-David-Fincher

StiltmanFTW
I heard it had nothing to do with the highly praised source material.

Why should we care? Brad should retire.

Patient_Leech
Well, I didn't finish reading the book, but I didn't really like it very much. And I don't think it would have made for a very engaging film. Certainly not a pop-entertainment sort of film. And apparently the writers and execs agreed because it was changed so much.

Robtard
WWZ had very little to do with the book, which was a shame as a film done to match the book, short separate stories that cross together in some fashion, could/would have been epic.

The film wasn't bad though, an overall decent zombie flick, seems Pitt wanted the rights just for the name.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Robtard
The film wasn't bad though, an overall decent zombie flick, seems Pitt wanted the rights just for the name.

Yeah, it's a cool name.

But I liked that they rewrote the ending of the film (they actually did some rewriting and reshoots I think) and even though it's a movie about (what the title suggests) worldwide zombie war, the film ended with a very intimate and tense sequence.

Robtard
Films ends with humanity coming together to fight the zombie hordes, which is in the book in a manner as the book takes place after humanity reclaimed the planet.

steverules_2
I enjoyed it, loved the plane bit and how Pitts character and his female sidekick were miraculously the only survivors of the plane crash

marwash22
smh @ the OP.

your title was right there on a silver platter...

World War Z-quel.

riv6672
^^lol

I'd give a sequel a try. The first was pretty entertaining.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by marwash22
smh @ the OP.

your title was right there on a silver platter...

World War Z-quel.

Opportunity missed. embarrasment

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by steverules_2
I enjoyed it, loved the plane bit and how Pitts character and his female sidekick were miraculously the only survivors of the plane crash

More credible than Cruise being the lone survivor in The Last Samurai.

steverules_2
Haven't seen it so I wouldn't know

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Well, I didn't finish reading the book, but I didn't really like it very much. And I don't think it would have made for a very engaging film. Certainly not a pop-entertainment sort of film. And apparently the writers and execs agreed because it was changed so much.

It should be its own thing and have its own title, then.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
It should be its own thing and have its own title, then.
Agreed. But that title, though..

John Murdoch
Will see this. Thoroughly enjoyed the first one.

Ascendancy
Thought the first was garbage both because it destroyed the source material just to get the name, secondly because the CGI sucked, thirdly because too many idiotic actions were taken, and lastly because it was horribly presented. Like the first I will wait for this to come to me. No way I'd pay to see more poo on the big screen. Don't really understand what people see as redeeming about the first film, but whatevs.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Ascendancy

Personally I find "blood & gore" is a poor excuse of a horror film these days.

In that sense WWZ was a good horror flick in the sense that it relied on suspense & drama more.

And funny enough it was also a good "mature" family flick.

StiltmanFTW
Nothing tops the original Romero trilogy.

It's a shame zombie genre is not getting proper movies these days. Just Kirkman's comics and the TV series...

Esau Cairn
Rage zombies refreshed the genre IMO.

Kazenji
That was good but i prefer the slow walking ones more.

StiltmanFTW
thumb up

Classic zombies are the best. Runners are so anticlimatic.

Ascendancy
Especially when they turn into a column and climb over massive walls.

Patient_Leech
Everyone knows zombies are like ants and can scale massive walls by collaborating and climbing on top of each other. That's pretty much common knowledge now.

Esau Cairn
Everyone knows that zombies smell like roses & freshly baked bread in the morning because no one seems to ever gag when they're surrounded by rotting flesh.

StiltmanFTW
laughing out loud

Kazenji
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Everyone knows that zombies smell like roses & freshly baked bread in the morning because no one seems to ever gag when they're surrounded by rotting flesh.

Or maybe people have just gotten used to the smell after a while.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Kazenji

I'm already trying to build up an immunity to zombie-odor in preparation for the coming zombie war.

Also don't forget to limber up...

http://68.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwyxhaF1AQ1r6sd14o1_500.gif

StiltmanFTW
Zombieland was fun. There's a sequel in plans?

Robtard
TBF, having hardcore parkour zombies over slow shambling ones makes more sense in how the world could collapse in a zombie apoc and everyone knows zombie flicks are all about authenticity

steverules_2
All cuz that b!tch had to sing a song

Esau Cairn

I know I'm adding a realistic argument to a fictional scenario but your senses naturally react to foul odours as a defence mechanism to stay away from it.

You simply don't get used to a dangerous fumes from a rotting body.

Flyattractor
If you are around it enough you do.

Esau Cairn
So if you inhale enough methane you get used to it?

Kazenji
That's if the smell off the zombies are that harmful.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
So if you inhale enough methane you get used to it?

You would be surprised at what you can get used to.. And it isn't like being around Decomposing Bodies you are in a air sealed room or anything.. Good Ventilation is key.

StiltmanFTW

It is... and it def should be shown more often to affect the protagonists; imagine the worst shit ever, then multiply it by thousand.

Flyattractor
That would smell like the DCEU then....

StiltmanFTW
Yeah, pretty much. Good comparison.

Esau Cairn

Putrescine is a foul smelling organic chemical compound produced by the breakdown of living & dead organisms. It is toxic in large doses.

Ascendancy
I mean, even morticians and coroners use balms to cover the scent of the dead because it can become overwhelming for them. Being used to the general stench wouldn't allow people to overcome fumes that are actually toxic/noxious from rotting flesh. I don't think that's something that's even really mentioned well in most novels.

PaleMysts
been waiting for a WWZ sequel for a long time now. What's taking so long?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.