Thor VERSUS Battlebeast

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LordofBrooklyn
Thor

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11113/111130781/4191639-0904810240-41670.jpg

VERSUS

Battle Beast

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11/111746/4674400-battle_beast_by_ryanottley-d7p0241.jpg

1)TO KO
2) TO THE DEATH!!!

Galan007
If we're specifically talking Battle Beast as he was portrayed against Thragg, then he wins... Even f*cking Thragg himself barely managed to pull a win against him.

Damborgson
What level is Thragg supposed to be at?

cdtm
Thor wins, with ease.

Godbutcher > Thragg, and Thor shrugged off attacks that laid up any character in Invincible.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by cdtm
Thor wins, with ease.

Godbutcher > Thragg, and Thor shrugged off attacks that laid up any character in Invincible.

Exactly when did Thor "shrug" off Gorrs attacks?

cdtm
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Exactly when did Thor "shrug" off Gorrs attacks?

Most times they fought. Gorr was piercing Thor right through the chest, and he fought on like it was nothing.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by cdtm
Most times they fought. Gorr was piercing Thor right through the chest, and he fought on like it was nothing.

I wouldn't call that shrugging it off cdtm..kinda chop it up to his pain tolerance (it was uber af during that arc). The Thors were getting worked the entire series.

"Id"
Thor wins.

Dareangel
DAMN!. pink panther is not what i remember as a kid...

the Darkone
Thor

Galan007
Originally posted by Damborgson
What level is Thragg supposed to be at? Thragg has utterly rape-stomped Invincible+Omni-Man like they were weak feebs -- I can't imagine anything below trans-level being able to do that. ermm

the Darkone
Thor has been know to hit trans level when needed

deathslash
Originally posted by Galan007
Thragg has utterly rape-stomped Invincible+Omni-Man like they were weak feebs -- I can't imagine anything below trans-level being able to do that. ermm don't forget that this happened after he oneshot young omni-man​, tanked the explosion of his planet, and then casually ripped Thadeus' head off.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by the Darkone
Thor has been know to hit trans level when needed

With mjolnir...not without

Galan007
Originally posted by deathslash
don't forget that this happened after he oneshot young omni-man​, tanked the explosion of his planet, and then casually ripped Thadeus' head off. Indeed. thumb up

We also know that BattleBeast himself can fight at super-speed, as his fight with Thragg was taking place across that entire world, and not even Space Racer's tech could track their movements.

cdtm
Originally posted by Galan007
Thragg has utterly rape-stomped Invincible+Omni-Man like they were weak feebs -- I can't imagine anything below trans-level being able to do that. ermm

This is true, but Thor's gone at it with Gorr, who killed pantheons of Skyfathers and held off old Skyfather Thor.

And he's taken attacks from Celestials, Surtur's amped Twilight, Zeus..

Just like Superman, Thor can step up well beyond his tier when the need arises.

celeyhyga17
Split round one.
Thor willing to kill in round 2 is too much for Battlebeast. Bloodlusted Thor can kill or hurt just about anyone.

Martian_mind
If memory serves, didn't Thragg essentially one-shot BB during the Viltrumites War? And wasn't he already wounded/tired prior to their rematch? I know BB injured himself to compensate, but there's a difference to giving yourself a single wound, and being exhausted and wounded multiple times.

I could be remembering wrong, of course, but if that's the case, it gives some perspective to the fight.

Galan007
Originally posted by Martian_mind
If memory serves, didn't Thragg essentially one-shot BB during the Viltrumites War? Indeed. However, BB essentially stated that he hadn't fought Thragg to the best of his ability in their first encounter:
http://i.imgur.com/A4ttNCj.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/14pqWUW.jpg

...And he certainly proved this by proceeding to stalemate Thragg for DAYS on end -- nearly killing Thragg himself in the process, and leaving him gravely injured afterward. thumb up

And wasn't he already wounded/tired prior to their rematch? I know BB injured himself to compensate, but there's a difference to giving yourself a single wound, and being exhausted and wounded multiple times. Wounded? Yes. Tired? Not at all.

And as you said: BB gave himself the exact same type of injury before the fight began, as he did not want to hold any advantages. All the context says it was a perfectly fair fight. thumb up

Martian_mind
Hmm. The injury thing makes judging that fight a tad difficult. BB may have tried to match the handicap, yet ultimately we have no way of knowing how much the wound affected their performances. In the end, all we can say is that BB's greatest fear is giving Thragg his most hard-fought victory. It's impressive, yes, but I'm not convinced it's enough to defeat an all-out Thor, especially when you balance it out with BB's other appearances. The Invincible he defeated was a relative noob, and had Thragg taken his place, I have no doubt that Mark would have been dead or crippled in a single punch. Then we have the issue of their first fight, where BB was manhandled.

Looking at it objectively, I can't give BB the win. I can understand how someone might, yet the one thing I know is that whoever wins, it is going to be a brutal fight.

LordofBrooklyn
Hmm. The injury thing makes judging that fight a tad difficult. BB may have tried to match the handicap, yet ultimately we have no way of knowing how much the wound affected their performances. In the end, all we can say is that BB's greatest fear is giving Thragg his most hard-fought victory. It's impressive, yes, but I'm not convinced it's enough to defeat an all-out Thor, especially when you balance it out with BB's other appearances. The Invincible he defeated was a relative noob, and had Thragg taken his place, I have no doubt that Mark would have been dead or crippled in a single punch. Then we have the issue of their first fight, where BB was manhandled.

Looking at it objectively, I can't give BB the win. I can understand how someone might, yet the one thing I know is that whoever wins, it is going to be a brutal fight.

How many wins would you give Battle Beast?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.