HP Doomsday VS King Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dareangel
who wins this?

round 1 its king thor before he became worthy of mjolnir

eound 2 king thor after he regained mjolnir

Sin I AM
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/084/533/cfe.gif

TethAdamTheRock
King Thor

celeyhyga17
KT

h1a8
DD

Evolves on the fly and far more powerful than DOS DD (who was mad powerful).

riv6672
KT

emu
Originally posted by h1a8
DD

Evolves on the fly and far more powerful than DOS DD (who was mad powerful). just as well then HP hasn't evolved past KT Asgardian magic and shit.
King Thor does to HP what he did to Mjolnir, HP gets his eyes gouged out

Dareangel
HP Doomsday beaten up darkseid easily and took his omega beams. do you believe king thor without mjolnir, the guy who had trouble with ironman and got owned by desak every single time can beat him? i dont think so. unworthy king thor will get crushed and trashed. the guy didnt have any good feats aside of getting his ass handed to him.

now as far as king thor after regaining mjolnir, i dont know if he truelly became that more powerful or it was simply a mjolnir comback finally feat when he beheaded desak in the destroyer armor, but if we judge by that feat, this version of king thor can give HP Doomsday a fight. now how do you believe the omega beams would effect desak in the destroyer armor? i dont know but if doomsday gets to king thor he will wreck a good ass beating on him and destroy him like he did to darkseid. extra exotic power aside, dont forget that without all his other power, king thor is physically thor. his durability is the same as thor and i would even say worse because king thor physically IMO became weaker than old classic thor. this i am basing on how the both of them faired against desak and the fact hulk and think actually tore off king thors arm and eye out. yeah he had that kneckless which canceled his odin powers but his physical state remained his physical state.

Stoic
Originally posted by Dareangel
HP Doomsday beaten up darkseid easily and took his omega beams. do you believe king thor without mjolnir, the guy who had trouble with ironman and got owned by desak every single time can beat him? i dont think so. unworthy king thor will get crushed and trashed. the guy didnt have any good feats aside of getting his ass handed to him.

now as far as king thor after regaining mjolnir, i dont know if he truelly became that more powerful or it was simply a mjolnir comback finally feat when he beheaded desak in the destroyer armor, but if we judge by that feat, this version of king thor can give HP Doomsday a fight. now how do you believe the omega beams would effect desak in the destroyer armor? i dont know but if doomsday gets to king thor he will wreck a good ass beating on him and destroy him like he did to darkseid. extra exotic power aside, dont forget that without all his other power, king thor is physically thor. his durability is the same as thor and i would even say worse because king thor physically IMO became weaker than old classic thor. this i am basing on how the both of them faired against desak and the fact hulk and think actually tore off king thors arm and eye out. yeah he had that kneckless which canceled his odin powers but his physical state remained his physical state.

1. You really would have to gauge Doomsday's level accordingly based on who defeated him beforehand. This could be a difficult task as different writers have been known to portray the same character differently. But by all means piece it together before stating that Doomsday would wreck King Thor.

2. As far as that era in comics goes, the Darkseid that was trounced by Doomsday was likely an avatar, and not the real Slim Shady. After all, we recently saw the real Darkseid fighting the Anti Monitor, and I wouldn't place any bets on Doomsday beating that guy when we saw him flash fried by Imperiex (Ref. OWAW) who may, or may not be on the level of the Anti Monitor. It's just something to think on.

3. Desak was a bad dude, and mentioning him as if he were last weeks scrub is probably a no no. This guy absorbed the powers of countless deities before ever fighting King Thor, and may have beaten that ersatz Darkseid far easier than he did King Thor. This is if we chose to believe that the writer of Hunter Prey did not purposely contradict prior canon on the subject and all characters involved.

h1a8
Originally posted by emu
just as well then HP hasn't evolved past KT Asgardian magic and shit.
King Thor does to HP what he did to Mjolnir, HP gets his eyes gouged out DD evolved INSTANTLY against the OE.
At half power it vaporized a metal that Superman couldn't a scratch on with all his might.

DD tanked a full power blast that was at least several times more powerful.

KT is doing nothing to DD but getting wrecked.

Plus DD is hella fast.

h1a8
Originally posted by Stoic
1. You really would have to gauge Doomsday's level accordingly based on who defeated him beforehand. This could be a difficult task as different writers have been known to portray the same character differently. But by all means piece it together before stating that Doomsday would wreck King Thor.

2. As far as that era in comics goes, the Darkseid that was trounced by Doomsday was likely an avatar, and not the real Slim Shady. After all, we recently saw the real Darkseid fighting the Anti Monitor, and I wouldn't place any bets on Doomsday beating that guy when we saw him flash fried by Imperiex (Ref. OWAW) who may, or may not be on the level of the Anti Monitor. It's just something to think on.

3. Desak was a bad dude, and mentioning him as if he were last weeks scrub is probably a no no. This guy absorbed the powers of countless deities before ever fighting King Thor, and may have beaten that ersatz Darkseid far easier than he did King Thor. This is if we chose to believe that the writer of Hunter Prey did not purposely contradict prior canon on the subject and all characters involved.

We go by feats. The OE feats in that arc rivals any blast made by KT.
DD didn't have a scratch. That means he could have tanked several times more powerful.

DD evolves more resistance. If KT doesn't one shot him then it's impossible for KT to win. The fight will only get harder with no progress being made.

Think about it.
KT blasts DD, DD heals (if he is even damaged) and becomes more resistant. KT blasts then do nothing.

Philosophía
Doomsday.

wuleecat
I'm going with HP Doomsday here too, especially in the first scenario. Tendency on here to undersell Doomsday in any incarnation, including HP, and for people to start wetting themselves at the very mention of King Thor.

DarkSaint85
He didn't evolve instantly against the OE.

Prof. T.C McAbe
HP DD wins, other incarnations would rather fall.

emu
DD didn't have a scratch. That means he could have tanked several times more powerful.

DD evolves more resistance. If KT doesn't one shot him then it's impossible for KT to win. The fight will only get harder with no progress being made.

Think about it.
KT blasts DD, DD heals (if he is even damaged) and becomes more resistant. KT blasts then do nothing.
I can't see KT one shotting HP, but I can see Mjolnir doing it..
Unless of course you think H/P has survived a blow like that shown by Thors Mjolnir removing Destroyers head?

Sin I AM
Originally posted by DarkSaint85

https://68.media.tumblr.com/404c79745f259fa6f5a6aa5af581b0cd/tumblr_opmy54942U1v5floko1_250.gif

TheHulkster
King Thor

Dareangel

i dont recall it beng stated that doomsday defeated darkseid clone. conspiracies are nice but we go by what actually happened. what actually happened is darkseid shooting his omega beams, (that i believe there is no need to explain how powerful they are) at doomsday and doomsday was just fine and procceded to beat up darkseid and take him out. doesnt matter how you portray darkseid, omega beams are omega beams.

why wouldnt you place bets on HP Doomsday being that powerful when comics simply showed you that? again with that "he is a brick and its just hard to believe a brick can be that powerful"? thats the same misjustice that is being done to WBH

Desak raped king thor without getting any real fight - its lame. average Thor defeated desak. yeah maybe king thor saga desak was more powerful, it still says something. they also fought the same foe forgot his name the blue guy with the axe and average thor actually was more impressive against him. then there is ironman giving kind thor trouble. as i stated i still stand by my claim. if doomsday makes it to King Thor like he did to darkseid king thor is done. he will stomp him physically because physically king thor is thor. the difference is within the pdin force and i dont think king tho beams are mowe powerful than the omega beams darkseid has. you know what, its a good idea for a thread.

celeyhyga17
DD gets wished out of existence.

Stoic

Think about it.

King Thor has a lot more than fisticuffs going for him, which is something that should be further explored. That probably wasn't even the real Darkseid that was clobbered down by Doomsday, and though it was a decent feat, I wouldn't have placed Darkseid in that particular story as high up as what you may be suggesting. Powerful guy yes. Sky Father powerful? Well I'd argue against it.

Stoic
i dont recall it beng stated that doomsday defeated darkseid clone. conspiracies are nice but we go by what actually happened. what actually happened is darkseid shooting his omega beams, (that i believe there is no need to explain how powerful they are) at doomsday and doomsday was just fine and procceded to beat up darkseid and take him out. doesnt matter how you portray darkseid, omega beams are omega beams.

why wouldnt you place bets on HP Doomsday being that powerful when comics simply showed you that? again with that "he is a brick and its just hard to believe a brick can be that powerful"? thats the same misjustice that is being done to WBH

Desak raped king thor without getting any real fight - its lame. average Thor defeated desak. yeah maybe king thor saga desak was more powerful, it still says something. they also fought the same foe forgot his name the blue guy with the axe and average thor actually was more impressive against him. then there is ironman giving kind thor trouble. as i stated i still stand by my claim. if doomsday makes it to King Thor like he did to darkseid king thor is done. he will stomp him physically because physically king thor is thor. the difference is within the pdin force and i dont think king tho beams are mowe powerful than the omega beams darkseid has. you know what, its a good idea for a thread.

King Thor would have beaten WB Hulk as well. Strength and toughness only take you so far when there are guys out there that wouldn't ever have to go that far. This never has to become physical.

cdtm
King Thor has a lot more than fisticuffs going for him, which is something that should be further explored. That probably wasn't even the real Darkseid that was clobbered down by Doomsday, and though it was a decent feat, I wouldn't have placed Darkseid in that particular story as high up as what you may be suggesting. Powerful guy yes. Sky Father powerful? Well I'd argue against it.

He was played up against Superman himself more then normally, though.

Superman couldn't do much of anything at all against those missiles, or Henshaw, while 'Seid dealt wih them casually, and even hurt Supes when he wasn't the target.

Would rank as one of Darkseid's strongest showings in a Superman story, if not for Doomsday.

Diesldude

HP DD didnt evolve, he straight up tanked it.

When hp DD got hit, he got buried under rock. DS after shooting him turned around took a couple of steps and HP DD was already up.

Stoic
Originally posted by cdtm
He was played up against Superman himself more then normally, though.

Superman couldn't do much of anything at all against those missiles, or Henshaw, while 'Seid dealt wih them casually, and even hurt Supes when he wasn't the target.

Would rank as one of Darkseid's strongest showings in a Superman story, if not for Doomsday.

I agree with you. I'm not trying to downplay it, but Look also at how powerful King Thor is. The Destroyer is nearly invincible and look at what he did to it. The Destroyer was made of material that exceeds the toughness of Mjolnir, and the only possible reason that Thor could have done what he did was if his powers allowed him to somehow augment Mjolnir. But again, this never has to become physical. King Thor was able to manipulate time. There's only so much that Doomsday can do if he's stuck in a time loop or simply time stopped. Thor can send Doomsday to places far worse than hell as they exist in Marvel. If he stopped time momentarily and hit him a shot capable of doing significant damage to the Destroyer, he'd do a significant amount of damage to Doomsday. As powerful ad Doomsday is and was, there are forces out there above what he was hit with at that particular period in time. We saw this during OWAW.

When I read Hunter Prey, and saw Darkseid Omega blast fail, I immediately thought that this was either one or two things. Darkseid was an avatar, or he jobbed for sake of plot, because he shouldn't have had any problem erasing a physical being according to the way that his powers work. Doomsday wasn't protected by the Source after all.

I know that this may have a lot to do with Superman, and his inability to stop Doomsday, but again, there are forces that operate on levels beyond what Superman was working with in that particular story. I don't think that King Thor has to get into on a physical level with Doomsday.

h1a8
King Thor has a lot more than fisticuffs going for him, which is something that should be further explored. That probably wasn't even the real Darkseid that was clobbered down by Doomsday, and though it was a decent feat, I wouldn't have placed Darkseid in that particular story as high up as what you may be suggesting. Powerful guy yes. Sky Father powerful? Well I'd argue against it. It doesn't matter if that DS was astronomically weaker than the real one. Why?

Because his OE IN THAT ARC has a feat that is insane.
Superman has always been crazy strong and powerful.
If he, with all his might and power, couldn't dent or put a scratch on the missiles, then those missiles were far beyond Superman.

But guess what? At less than half power the OE vaporized the missiles.
There are many different levels of destroying.
Vaporizing something takes more than billions of times more power than putting a dent on (which Superman couldn't even do).

Therefore, the OE, in that arc, was beyond billions of times more powerful than Superman.

Yet DD tanked it without visible damage.

There is no evidence to show that KT blasts beyond billions of times more powerful than Superman (or even thousands).

h1a8
I agree with you. I'm not trying to downplay it, but Look also at how powerful King Thor is. The Destroyer is nearly invincible and look at what he did to it. The Destroyer was made of material that exceeds the toughness of Mjolnir, and the only possible reason that Thor could have done what he did was if his powers allowed him to somehow augment Mjolnir. But again, this never has to become physical. King Thor was able to manipulate time. There's only so much that Doomsday can do if he's stuck in a time loop or simply time stopped. Thor can send Doomsday to places far worse than hell as they exist in Marvel. If he stopped time momentarily and hit him a shot capable of doing significant damage to the Destroyer, he'd do a significant amount of damage to Doomsday. As powerful ad Doomsday is and was, there are forces out there above what he was hit with at that particular period in time. We saw this during OWAW.

When I read Hunter Prey, and saw Darkseid Omega blast fail, I immediately thought that this was either one or two things. Darkseid was an avatar, or he jobbed for sake of plot, because he shouldn't have had any problem erasing a physical being according to the way that his powers work. Doomsday wasn't protected by the Source after all.

I know that this may have a lot to do with Superman, and his inability to stop Doomsday, but again, there are forces that operate on levels beyond what Superman was working with in that particular story. I don't think that King Thor has to get into on a physical level with Doomsday.

Thor doesn't fight like that (stopping local time).
Also it was plot that allowed him enlightenment (to become worthy and also think about stopping time).

There is no plot in this fight.

emu
It doesn't matter if that DS was astronomically weaker than the real one. Why?

Because his OE IN THAT ARC has a feat that is insane.
Superman has always been crazy strong and powerful.
If he, with all his might and power, couldn't dent or put a scratch on the missiles, then those missiles were far beyond Superman.

But guess what? At less than half power the OE vaporized the missiles.
There are many different levels of destroying.
Vaporizing something takes more than billions of times more power than putting a dent on (which Superman couldn't even do).

Therefore, the OE, in that arc, was beyond billions of times more powerful than Superman.

Yet DD tanked it without visible damage.

There is no evidence to show that KT blasts beyond billions of times more powerful than Superman (or even thousands). Where do you get your logic from?
Abhi is going to die in the ass when he sees this 😀
But seriously, where do you go from here? You need a force billions of times more powerful than Superman to.... sigh... have DD what??? Tank it? Adapt to it on the fly? Nah, forget this lol.
DS got two pieced by DD, and as good as HP is, lets not be hysterical here. First thing would be to find out where the 'missiles' rank, and at most its nothing past trans.

h1a8
Originally posted by emu
Where do you get your logic from?
Abhi is going to die in the ass when he sees this 😀
But seriously, where do you go from here? You need a force billions of times more powerful than Superman to.... sigh... have DD what??? Tank it? Adapt to it on the fly? Nah, forget this lol.
DS got two pieced by DD, and as good as HP is, lets not be hysterical here. First thing would be to find out where the 'missiles' rank, and at most its nothing past trans.

Let's say the missiles are Trans.
DS vaporized them. That's the highest level of destruction.
Fact: It takes astronomically more power to vaporize something than to just break it.

And this was LESS THAN HALF POWER.
At full power DD tanked it.

For that reason, I see DD tanking any blasts by KT.

DarkSaint85
He didn't just tank it....DD was flung away and then buried under rubble. Was he KOed? No idea. But he didn't just stand in one place and tank it.

Nor did he evolve instantly against it.

TheHulkster
He didn't just tank it....DD was flung away and then buried under rubble. Was he KOed? No idea. But he didn't just stand in one place and tank it.

Nor did he evolve instantly against it.

Agreed.

TethAdamTheRock
Scans of HP Doomsday

Dareangel
King Thor would have beaten WB Hulk as well. Strength and toughness only take you so far when there are guys out there that wouldn't ever have to go that far. This never has to become physical.

what are you basing your opinion on? also, as i pointed out before, just because someone doesnt have a lot of exotic powers (usually most of them are kinda useless anyway) doesnt mean he cant get on a very high overall power level with just strength and durability. for example, WBH destroying planets via physical impact.

Stoic
what are you basing your opinion on? also, as i pointed out before, just because someone doesnt have a lot of exotic powers (usually most of them are kinda useless anyway) doesnt mean he cant get on a very high overall power level with just strength and durability. for example, WBH destroying planets via physical impact.

My opinion is based off of feats that King Thor achieved during the time that he possessed that amount of power.He never has to allow Doomsday to become a threat to him. Hunter Prey made all kinds of continuity errors when it comes to Darkseid and his inability put Doomsday down. Doomsday has never been an essential element that the DC universe required. DC has a crap ton of guys that can run about the universe destroying things. Darkseid should have erased him based on canon. He jobbed. Just because he jobbed doesn't mean that King Thor would do the same. Not to mention that KT has other methods of nullifying Doomsday and controlling him before things got out of hand. We all saw that Doomsday was not invincible during OWAW.

It's just an opinion, you can go on believing that one trick ponies (even extremely strong ones) can contend with guys that can send them to another dimension on a whim if you'd like, but I just can't subscribe to it. No offense.

leonidas
i could actually see kt winning this in a one-off type meeting--he could ko dd briefly, but long enough to be a win. i don't really recall dd have come across any magic on kt's level so he might not have initial defenses against it. a second battle, and a third would likely be quite different. /shrug

Dareangel
My opinion is based off of feats that King Thor achieved during the time that he possessed that amount of power.He never has to allow Doomsday to become a threat to him. Hunter Prey made all kinds of continuity errors when it comes to Darkseid and his inability put Doomsday down. Doomsday has never been an essential element that the DC universe required. DC has a crap ton of guys that can run about the universe destroying things. Darkseid should have erased him based on canon. He jobbed. Just because he jobbed doesn't mean that King Thor would do the same. Not to mention that KT has other methods of nullifying Doomsday and controlling him before things got out of hand. We all saw that Doomsday was not invincible during OWAW.

It's just an opinion, you can go on believing that one trick ponies (even extremely strong ones) can contend with guys that can send them to another dimension on a whim if you'd like, but I just can't subscribe to it. No offense.

why do you believe darkseid jobbed? there are different versions of doomsday but even if we look at them, its safe to say overall superman never is able to put him down. only in death of superman they fought till death. however doomsday is always portrayed as a very bad news for entire teams of heralds. what are his other feats that make you believe he cant take the omega beams like he did on panel?

what did king thor do to suggest he can take out such doomsday? without mjolnir unworthy thor didnt to anything like that i believe. worthy is debatable with his desak in destroyer armor feat.

Stoic
why do you believe darkseid jobbed? there are different versions of doomsday but even if we look at them, its safe to say overall superman never is able to put him down. only in death of superman they fought till death. however doomsday is always portrayed as a very bad news for entire teams of heralds. what are his other feats that make you believe he cant take the omega beams like he did on panel?

what did king thor do to suggest he can take out such doomsday? without mjolnir unworthy thor didnt to anything like that i believe. worthy is debatable with his desak in destroyer armor feat.

Up until that point in time,do you recall Darkseid ever failing to erase anything that he tried to erase with his omega beams? I can only recall him failing against Galactus, which probably isn't even canon. We wouldn't want to go there if it were canon if you know what I mean? If not don't worry about it, has nothing to do with the thread. In my opinion Darkseid jobbed because Doomsday is not and has never been an essential element ln the universe. According to canon, Doomsday was supposed to have been erased, and never to be seen again. Plot is the only thing that saved him. We know that Doomsday has never been a near omnipotent being. We saw this during OWAW for example, which brings me back to the point that he should have been erased, unless the Darkseid that we saw was simply an avatar, which is very likely.

I read people making reference to the missiles that Superman was unable to harm, while Darkseid wiped them out with ease. I wouldn't play that up to mean that Superman would not have been able to defeat that particular version of Darkseid in a fight though, just that his powers were more suitable of getting rid of the missiles than Superman's powers were. IMO, Hunter Prey cared very little about continuity. It seemed to be a means of tying up loose ends even if the writer made a giant mess out of things.

As powerful as Doomsday was during Hunter Prey, I still view him as a one trick pony in comparison to King Thor. In a comic where King Thor would be able to use all of the power at his disposal, I can't see Doomsday winning this, nor do I see King Thor overly exerting himself to get rid of him. I hold this stance because I have no reason to believe that King Thor would need to get into a physical confrontation with Doomsday, just as Imperiex didn't have to.

h1a8
But you are not looking at some key things.

DD heals instantly. Even if KT does manage to damage him, it will be met with fast healing and adaptation.

DD is extremely fast. He can pounce KT before he can respond in some situations. He basically covered a mile before DS could turn around to respond.

DD has claws that easily penetrate very powerful beings with extreme ease.

Stoic
But you are not looking at some key things.

DD heals instantly. Even if KT does manage to damage him, it will be met with fast healing and adaptation.

DD is extremely fast. He can pounce KT before he can respond in some situations. He basically covered a mile before DS could turn around to respond.

DD has claws that easily penetrate very powerful beings with extreme ease.

It never has to become physical. With a wave of his hand KT could send Doomsday away. He was also able to manipulate time. You're saying that he wouldn't do it because he only did it once. I'm sayng that he has the power to do it. I'm also saying that he has the power to send him away forever never to be seen again. Darkseid jobbed hard no doubt about it. Doomsday wasn't ever supposed to survive the encounter, and thanks only to plot was he able to resist being erased, which was up until that point unheard of unless Doomsday was somehow essential to the universe. Since we know that this wasn't the case, sum it up as PIS. This isn't really something that I think can be danced around, but I could be wrong. Even so, I can't see a one trick pony beating someone that could wave him out of sync with whatever dimension they fought in. Just my opinion like I said. It also didn't seem like he was a mile away, but then again I could be mistaken there as well.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.