Is the Plagueis > All Sith Lords Before Him Blurb Indisputably Canon?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nfactor1995
The question is the title: Is the Plagueis > All Sith Lords before him blurb from the back of the Plagueis novel indisputably a canon fact (in the Legends continuity, more so for the purposes of this thread)? If you don't believe that it is, what is the argument against it being canonical fact?

cs_zoltan
Not this again...

Ursumeles
It is.
/thread

MythLord
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
Not this again...
Originally posted by Ursumeles
It is.
/thread

Fated Xtasy
Lovely. Just lovely

Beniboybling
yawn.

Azronger
Nothing's indesputable, but yes, it's canon. This has been debated to death already.

Raptor22
No

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Raptor22
No And that about sums up the argument against. sad

Raptor22
Originally posted by Beniboybling
And that about sums up the argument against. sad lol. It might not be as long as the pro blurb sides argument which boils down to- I like plagueis alot so I really really want it to be true.

But fortunately for me I don't need a detailed argument because I'm right.

MythLord
kek

NTJack0
Originally posted by Ursumeles
It is.
/thread

This, let's not stop asking obvious questions.

Beniboybling
lol. It might not be as long as the pro blurb sides argument which boils down to- I like plagueis alot so I really really want it to be true.

But fortunately for me I don't need a detailed argument because I'm right. laughing out loud

Raptor22
laughing out loud

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Azronger
Nothing's indesputable, but yes, it's canon. This has been debated to death already.
Amd where is that indesputable evidence?

Azronger
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Amd where is that indesputable evidence?

Nothing's indisputable, as I said, but the evidence can ve found in Chee's statement that anything produced by a Lucas company is canon, and since the blurb was produced by Lucasbooks, it's canon.

relentless1
If Sidious is GOAT then Plagueis would have to be a solid second place would he not?

S_W_LeGenD
Nothing's indisputable, as I said, but the evidence can ve found in Chee's statement that anything produced by a Lucas company is canon, and since the blurb was produced by Lucasbooks, it's canon.
You are misinterpreting that statement.

Lucas is not the publisher of that novel, Del Rey is. And only Del Rey issued that blurb to promote its work.

Lucas only acknowledged the story as a contribution to the literature body of the lore. Therefore, its logo on the backcover.

Azronger
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
You are misinterpreting that statement.

Lucas is not the publisher of that novel, Del Rey is. And only Del Rey issued that blurb to promote its work.

Lucas only acknowledged the story as a contribution to the literature body of the lore. Therefore, its logo on the backcover.

Lucas didn't, obviously. But Lucasbooks did thumb up

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11117/111179633/5748034-9658565514-b2ZKh.jpg

AncientPower
You can find that on Infinities comics too. laughing out loud

Rockydonovang
Infinite comics are specifically made as what if scenarios, novel blurbs aren't

AncientPower
You massively missed the point.

S_W_LeGenD
Lucas didn't, obviously. But Lucasbooks did thumb up

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11117/111179633/5748034-9658565514-b2ZKh.jpg
Lucasbooks is a division of Lucas.

That logo has to do with licensing and acknowledgement of the story as a contribution to the lore. It is also a marketing feature.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
Infinite comics are specifically made as what if scenarios, novel blurbs aren't
You definitely missed the point.

Lucasbooks logo on the backcover is also a marketing feature.

Azronger
Originally posted by AncientPower
You can find that on Infinities comics too. laughing out loud

Which does not invalidate the blurb thumb up

AncientPower
No, but it does invalidate trying to use that logo to canonise a Del Rey blurb.

Beniboybling
The clownage here would be amusing if it weren't so moronic.

Del Rey produces SW under the LucasBooks imprint, LucasBooks is Lucas company, therefore what Del Rey produces is canon by definition. Infinities content is an exception because it is non-canon by definition, this is not hard to figure out.

S_W_LeGenD

Del Rey produces SW under the LucasBooks imprint, LucasBooks is Lucas company, therefore what Del Rey produces is canon by definition. Infinities content is an exception because it is non-canon by definition, this is not hard to figure out.
Stories are canon; blurbs are just marketing statements.

Beniboybling
cool story bro

Raptor22

Del Rey produces SW under the LucasBooks imprint, LucasBooks is Lucas company, therefore what Del Rey produces is canon by definition. Infinities content is an exception because it is non-canon by definition, this is not hard to figure out. out of curiosity, does your opinion change yearly, by the board you're arguing on, or does it change monthly to sync up with your periods?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=8075370

Beniboybling
On my personal whim, moron. sad

Rockydonovang
out of curiosity, does your opinion change yearly, by the board you're arguing on, or does it change monthly to sync up with your periods?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=8075370
2015-2017 is "Month to Month"?
huh

Raptor22
On my personal whim, moron. sad Sooo... By how upset u seem to be I'm going to assume it's the period one.

Raptor22
huh seriously?

Beniboybling
Sooo... By how upset u seem to be I'm going to assume it's the period one. It's alright man, you'll get 'em next time.

Raptor22
It's alright man, you'll get 'em next time. thanks, I appreciate the confidence. Will u feel the same a month from now or will u'r opinion change on "whim" (wink wink)?

Beniboybling
Dunno man hit me up come June.

Fated Xtasy
huh

Shh don't ruin the show

darthbane77
It's as canon as the Dark Side ending of either KOTOR game or TFU game.

Tondemonai
A blurb written by a publisher to hype up the book for the sake of increased sales =/= reliable source of canon material

Petrus
Yeah if we're not taking author statements that seriously these days why should we take backcover blurbs as absolute canon? Do we even know who wrote them or if this person has the authority to determine this?

I mean, even without the blurb, Plagueis is arguably the 2nd most powerful Sith, but still.

NewGuy01
It's authoritative because it was published, like anything else.

Beniboybling
thumb up

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Blurbs are hardly factual representations of information inside the book and/or the lore at large. You will notice sheer exaggerations to outright falsehood in blurbs very often. And they are mostly subjective.

Petrus
Originally posted by NewGuy01

So what about the information/descriptions of characters seen in toy boxes? Are those authoritative, as well?

The blurb is hardly a part of the content of the published material, just literally a backnote.

Meh. I get why it can be considered authoritative, I just don't think the people/person who wrote that is even an authority figure.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Petrus
So what about the information/descriptions of characters seen in toy boxes? Are those authoritative, as well? um, yes.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.