These guys with Adamantium bones

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stoic
Pretend that these guys underwent the same process that Wolverine underwent, and everything went as well for them as it did for Wolverine.

Would it be a downgrade, or an upgrade?

Thor
Superman
Hulk
Wonder Woman
Wonder Man
Lobo

Are their original bone structures superior or inferior?

8swords
Thor - downgrade
Superman - downgrade
Wonder Woman - downgrade
Wonder Man -unsure
Lobo upgrade (wolverine on steroids)
hulk - https://static1.squarespace.com/static/51b3dc8ee4b051b96ceb10de/t/58e1cba08419c29a7b287a08/1491192745486/

riv6672
I guess i can see it being an upgrade to the characters (minus WM with his on again off again energy form), though Hulk wouldnt be able to shift form anymore.

StiltmanFTW
Durability-wise, it'd be a huge upgrade for all of them.

Mindship
Has Wolverine ever had one of his bones broken, like, eg, how Doomsday broke Superman's arm? Didn't DD also break Wonder Woman's arms?

I think the adamantium would be an upgrade for all of them, but not to the same degree, and certainly not like it was for Wolvie.

Cogito
Aside from arguably poisoning, I don't see how it could be a disadvantage for anyone

riv6672
Like i said, dont think it'd mesh with Simon. Or any energy being.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/S/cmx-images-prod/Item/494737/494737._SX360_QL80_TTD_.jpg

psycho gundam
The Adamantium bonding process creates a FUSION of bone and Adamantium that acts like the bone did originally including production of blood platelets etc so it's only an upgrade unless....the individual lacks the healing factor and/or immunity to the poisoning having Adamantium bones would cause them over time.

None of the characters listed should have any issues with that

Flyattractor
Is Wonder Woman Actually BULLET PROOF? Or is that one of those things that seems to change on a somewhat regular basis?

riv6672
Agree to disagree. Fusion of not, metal isnt bone.

Khazra Reborn
I don't think there's any way to look at it as a downgrade for any of them, but for Superman, Thor and Hulk It probably won't make that much of a difference either way.

riv6672
I'll stick with i figure; Hulk would be stuck and WM is incompatible.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by Cogito
Aside from arguably poisoning, I don't see how it could be a disadvantage for anyone

It would dimish the HF of some.

KingD19
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Is Wonder Woman Actually BULLET PROOF? Or is that one of those things that seems to change on a somewhat regular basis?

She's durable as f*ck against everything except sharp objects like bullets and swords. It's why she uses her bracers to block a lot of things instead of just tanking it.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by riv6672
I'll stick with i figure; Hulk would be stuck and WM is incompatible.

Hulk could probably still revert to Banner if forced to, but it'd result in his death.

Galan007
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
I don't think there's any way to look at it as a downgrade for any of them, but for Superman, Thor and Hulk It probably won't make that much of a difference either way. If we're talking resistance to brute force attacks, this holds particularly true for Superman, imo. If someone is strong enough to break his bones, I highly doubt an Adamantium fusion would make the difference... For example: had Superman's bones been laced with Adamantium vs. H/P Doomsday, I still don't think the end result of this attack would have been any different:
http://i.imgur.com/naAAyQgm.jpg

srug

That said, an area where an Adamantium skeletal structure likely *would* help Superman is against...say...Kryptonite projectiles. It should help prevent the projectile(s) in question from directly striking some of his vital/key organs(particularly the brain and heart.)

Philosophía
Originally posted by Galan007
If we're talking resistance to brute force attacks, this holds particularly true for Superman, imo. If someone is strong enough to break his bones, I highly doubt an Adamantium fusion would make the difference... For example: had Superman's bones been laced with Adamantium vs. H/P Doomsday, I still don't think the end result of this attack would have been any different:

srug

That said, an area where an Adamantium skeletal structure likely *would* help Superman is against...say...Kryptonite projectiles. It should help prevent the projectile(s) in question from directly striking some of his vital/key organs(particularly the brain and heart.) thumb up

For what it's worth, the same guy who had Doomsday do that wrote this:
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/7/72524/1777545-superman_adamantium.jpg

bluewaterrider
mmm

Supes would hear crickets chirping if he said this to the X-Men ...

https://s6d3.turboimg.net/t1/34911697_image.jpg

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by psycho gundam
The Adamantium bonding process creates a FUSION of bone and Adamantium that acts like the bone did originally including production of blood platelets etc so it's only an upgrade

It created adamantium beta only thanks to Wolverine's HF, iirc. As it induced a molecular change in the metal during the bonding process.

But since OP wants us to assume everything went perfect, it's pretty much pointless nitpicking so much.

All of them would benefit from the unbreakable skeletal structure. Not sure about Simon and his Ionic form, it's not exactly consistent.

carver9
Originally posted by Galan007
If we're talking resistance to brute force attacks, this holds particularly true for Superman, imo. If someone is strong enough to break his bones, I highly doubt an Adamantium fusion would make the difference... For example: had Superman's bones been laced with Adamantium vs. H/P Doomsday, I still don't think the end result of this attack would have been any different:

srug

That said, an area where an Adamantium skeletal structure likely *would* help Superman is against...say...Kryptonite projectiles. It should help prevent the projectile(s) in question from directly striking some of his vital/key organs(particularly the brain and heart.)

Superman arm would've been ok if it was laced with Adamantium. Don't know where you get the idea Doomsday could break adamantium.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by carver9
Superman arm would've been ok if it was laced with Adamantium. Don't know where you get the idea Doomsday could break adamantium.

Faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomotive, able to leap tall buildings in a single bound.

Fanboys understand that as:

Faster than any Flash, can lift infinity, able to fly faster than my mom can drive.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by KingD19
She's durable as f*ck against everything except sharp objects like bullets and swords. It's why she uses her bracers to block a lot of things instead of just tanking it.

10-Q for the info. Its funny how characters like her can survive things like swimming in lava or taking bombs to the face with no prob whatsoever but a needle or little hand gun can BE THE END OF THEM! Lol

I call it the Bullet Proof Punching Bag Durability.

And just to ask ...if you Don't have a Healing Factor of some sort, how would Admant Bones be affected by that? Would that be a Good or Bad thing?

StiltmanFTW
Bad. Even if they survive the process, they won't produce blood cells properly and there's the poisoning, too.

Flyattractor
And that just raises another question about it. Just assuming you have the GOOD Stuff like Little Jimmy. Since the Adamant is supposedly INDESTRUCTIBLE which would mean its molecular bonding is pretty damn solid how does it POISON the person? Cause to poison wouldn't that mean it is breaking down in the blood stream? How can it be broken down or decayed if it is INDESTRUCTIBLE?

Or am I brining to much logic to a thread containing matter form a Little Jimmy comic?

StiltmanFTW
You're a Lobo fan, so you're anything but logical; stop contradicting yourself smile

Galan007
Originally posted by carver9
Superman arm would've been ok if it was laced with Adamantium. Don't know where you get the idea Doomsday could break adamantium. http://i.imgur.com/CkpyqtW.gif

eaebiakuya
Weakest being who broke true adamantium was King Thor (with the eye beam)?

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by eaebiakuya
Weakest being who broke true adamantium was King Thor (with the eye beam)?

Not canon to 616.

Reigning has its own designation, Earth-3515.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
You're a Lobo fan, so you're anything but logical; stop contradicting yourself smile

This is correct.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/30145/3542284-12.jpg

riv6672
Hulk could probably still revert to Banner if forced to, but it'd result in his death.
So basically stuck.
Faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomotive, able to leap tall buildings in a single bound.

Fanboys understand that as:

Faster than any Flash, can lift infinity, able to fly faster than my mom can drive.
Thats ****ing hilarious!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.