Which hero does Batman respect the most/least?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

basilisk
We all know Batman can be difficult with other heroes at times and works better with some characters than others. There are heroes he clearly respects, some he has gained a grudging respect for, and others he probably has little time for.

So which is hero do you think
1) he has the most respect for?
2) he has the least respect or most disrespect for. This is excluding any deliberate joke characters, Punisher style vigilantes who kill and so on.

Hypothetically, who do you think it would be in Marvel?

Sin I AM
Superman. Everyone else is a distant second.

Least. Booster, maybe Guy.

Cogito
Originally posted by Sin I AM

Least. Booster, maybe Guy. thumb up

Maybe Hal too in the no-respect column. Basically anyone who's more impulsive than logical.

tkitna
Respects most - Captain America

Respects least - Guy probably

Prof. T.C McAbe

Least. Guy.
thumb up

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Cogito
thumb up

Maybe Hal too in the no-respect column. Basically anyone who's more impulsive than logical.

Hal to me is too one dimensional. Kyle is a better GL. Jon is a better leader. Guy is Guy. Hal is like a blank slate. The only GL i love is Kilowog personally with a nod to stewart and gardner. But u wouldnt call them impulsive

Cogito
a nod to stewart and gardner. But u wouldnt call them impulsive

Gardner is the most impulsive. Like, by far. Stewart, Kyle, and 'wog are not.

Pillow Biter
Respects Superman most. But Nightwing is also respected, but in a different way.

Least? There was a time it might have been Guy, but Guy has earned some respect over time I bet. Not sure who it would be now. Maybe Lex Luthor as superhero. Respects Lex in some ways, but not in others.

staxamillion
Hal and Guy can seem impulsive because they generally do what they want and ask for permission/forgiveness later more so than the others. Hal maybe more so than Guy but I would not necessarily say impulsive acting on instinct maybe.

op

dc - can anyone have more respect than superman?
dc - i'll say guy. I can't think of anyone else he outright doesn't mesh well with consistently that's a hero.

i understand that justice league works with governments and are not against them so to speak, but i don't know if Batman respects those that represent the nation's interests like captain America. would he think that state sponsored super heroes are lapdogs or too much potential abuse of power? IDK just asking

Smurph
Respects most: Batman

Respects least: Not Batman

Stoic
Respects - Constantine

Disrespects - Guy Gardner

Flyattractor
Respects: Lobo. Asked Him to be on His JLA/Human Team

Disrespects: Superman. Didn't ask him to be on JLA/Human Team.

carver9
I think he respects Diana the most.

Galan007
Bruce probably respects Barry Allen the most, given the whole 'letter from his dad' thing.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by carver9

Lol

New DC hasnt shed any real light on their relationship. He respects her but i wouldnt say moreso than anyone else.

Originally posted by Galan007
Bruce probably respects Barry Allen the most, given the whole 'letter from his dad' thing.

👍

psycho gundam
Nobody mentioned Joe Chill yet

Flyattractor
Originally posted by carver9

"Respect"? Is that what the kids are calling it nowadays?

TethAdamTheRock
Superman

Captain Marvel

-Pr-

Did Batman forget what Booster tried to do for Barbara?

beatboks

Actually Bats has quite a bit of respect for Booster.
He hadvideo of Boosters repeated failed attempts to save Barbara Gordan from Joker at great personal expense.
When Booster was at an all time low (due to heroes dissing). Batman contacted him andnmade him visit him in the batcave. He showed booster the footage and said he'd waited until Booster was using a uniform and style like that to question him. Booster explained he cant appear serious or he may affect the time line. B4uc3 told him when ever he needs someone to talk too hed always be there andtold Micheal to do what ever makes him a better hero.

I agree however re Hal.
Bruce doesnt have much respect for him

darthgoober
Overall, he probably respects Nightwing the most. I mean Nightwing is the guy he picked to assume his role when the JL disappeared. He does respect Supes a lot, but Supes has powers and almost definitely loses a few cool points in Bruce's book because of that fact.

In Marvel it's kind of a tough call. It'd have to be someone without powers, who didn't kill, stayed away from guns, fought outside his/her weightclass effectively, and approached dangerous situtions very seriously but still managed to maintain a more postive outlook than Bruce himself. Not a many people in Marvel who meet all those requirements though. Probably Cap, but he's been known to pick up a gun and mow down badguys a couple of times in his history so even he's not a shoe in.

cdtm
Superman and Tommy Monaghan (Unfortunately)

Flyattractor
If batman "respected" Tommy Monaghan its only because that POS Hack Garth(I eat goat penis) Ennis wrote it that way.

spetznaz
Superman probably respects Bateman significantly more than Batman respects Superman.

I would say the person he respects the most in DC is John Constantine. John is the one human who does things that Bruce knows he himself couldn't.

Honorable mention to Dick Grayson, but I'd say maximum respect would be to John. Or at least a form of awe. John is one character that (thoroughly) punches above his weight, even by Bruce's standards.

Lack of respect ...I would say Bruce harbors disrespect for most 'powers' characters. Not Superman, or the likes of Diana, because they often put themselves at real risk against beings that have greater powers than they do. But definitely disrespect for powers characters that could do more but don't. This can be seen in two ways - how he reacted to Gotham and Gotham Girl, initially having a lot of hope since he knew the city needed such characters, and then the disappointment and disdains when Gotham failed and allowed himself to be used against innocents.

The second is years back when Batman and Superman (and Big Barda and Mr Miracle ...and maybe Wonderwoman but I'm using memory) raided Apokolips to rescue Super Girl. Bruce got injured at one point, and Barda offered the use of a Mother Box to heal his injuries.

Bruce refused.

It was an interesting introspection of how Bruce looks at external powers, and probably means he has certain similarities with Lex Luthor on how they view powers characters. The two men (Bruce and Lex) are true Super Men (ubermensch), and like any super man they will look down on those who were gifted powers rather than earning them. Also note that Bruce has turned down a Sinestro ring after being chosen as the one able to instill great fear in this space sector. He refused.

The only exception are characters like Superman and his like who constantly find themselves in peril fighting against more powerful beings. Such characters are Kal, Diana, Booster Gold (as explained by another poster), Raven (constant struggle against deep darkness), etc.

But a Guy Gardner with a magic ring ...chump.

beatboks
Originally posted by spetznaz
Superman probably respects Bateman significantly more than Batman respects Superman.

I would say the person he respects the most in DC is John Constantine. John is the one human who does things that Bruce knows he himself couldn't.

Honorable mention to Dick Grayson, but I'd say maximum respect would be to John. Or at least a form of awe. John is one character that (thoroughly) punches above his weight, even by Bruce's standards.

Lack of respect ...I would say Bruce harbors disrespect for most 'powers' characters. Not Superman, or the likes of Diana, because they often put themselves at real risk against beings that have greater powers than they do. But definitely disrespect for powers characters that could do more but don't. This can be seen in two ways - how he reacted to Gotham and Gotham Girl, initially having a lot of hope since he knew the city needed such characters, and then the disappointment and disdains when Gotham failed and allowed himself to be used against innocents.

The second is years back when Batman and Superman (and Big Barda and Mr Miracle ...and maybe Wonderwoman but I'm using memory) raided Apokolips to rescue Super Girl. Bruce got injured at one point, and Barda offered the use of a Mother Box to heal his injuries.

Bruce refused.

It was an interesting introspection of how Bruce looks at external powers, and probably means he has certain similarities with Lex Luthor on how they view powers characters. The two men (Bruce and Lex) are true Super Men (ubermensch), and like any super man they will look down on those who were gifted powers rather than earning them. Also note that Bruce has turned down a Sinestro ring after being chosen as the one able to instill great fear in this space sector. He refused.

The only exception are characters like Superman and his like who constantly find themselves in peril fighting against more powerful beings. Such characters are Kal, Diana, Booster Gold (as explained by another poster), Raven (constant struggle against deep darkness), etc.

But a Guy Gardner with a magic ring ...chump.

Pretty fair way of looking at it. In the case of Booster he showed he respected him because he saw what he went thru. This wasn't of course always the case.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/30145/3603495-booster+gold+%231000000+-+page+12.jpg

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/30145/3603496-booster+gold+%231000000+-+page+13.jpg

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/30145/3603497-booster+gold+%231000000+-+page+14.jpg

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/30145/3603498-booster+gold+%231000000+-+page+15.jpg

In the beginning he saw Booster as one of those guy's who could do more and didn't. Who was only in it for the lime light.

Of course he learned that the things that would have earned Booster that lime light aren't even known to the public.
That Booster has kept coming back again and again enduring more torture and punishment each time (Booster literally kept going back and repeating the loop trying different ways to save Babs). He knows that Booster would go thru hell and never let anyone know or acknowledge it. He knows that the Bravado Booster shows (that is taken as pride and ego) is just to make himself someone no one would want to idolize so his actions in the past have no affect on the time line as they are considered those of a fool.

That respect also carried into the Nu52
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/30145/5856276-09.justice+league+international+%231+-+page+16.jpg

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/30145/5856277-09.justice+league+international+%231+-+page+17.jpg

DarkSaint85
Barry Allen is who he respects most.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.