RIP Chris Cornell

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nuke Nixon
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/music/soundgarden-singer-songwriter-chris-cornell-dead-52-article-1.3175490

Soundgarden and Audioslave singer Chris Cornell has died, aged 52.

Loved Chris Cornell's voice, up there with the very best. Spent many a road trip listening to Sound Garden.

sad

RanebowSmack
Chris was a genius and one of the most talented musicians to grace our world. So sad that he felt he had to hang himself. no

Stoic
Life is typically harder on those that fall from a great height, than those who have yet to soar, or begin to climb.

RIP Chris Cornell

Robtard
First was exposed to Soundgarden on Oct 12th 1991 (Day on The Green), loved them ever since. Went out the next day and bought all their albums.

The world has lost a truly gifted musician and fantastic signing voice.

Scribble
This was a weird revelation. My day started with hearing an interview with Cornell on my radio alarm clock, which I thought was live or recently recorded. Then Black Hole Sun played, a classic song that, really, is quite atypical for the band's overall sound, despite being possibly their biggest hit. It was a good wake-up call, really. I heard something about sad news, but didn't catch what it was all about. Found out he died a few hours later, and that freaked me out, realising what was going on. Then, eventually, I found out that he had hanged himself. This mid-life suicide has haunted me all day. He had a long career that wasn't too pushed into the limelight, and made some great tracks and albums that meant a lot to a lot of people.

I guess Mark Arm is the last of the original grunge vocalists left. One by one, they've been taken by drugs or suicide (or both). Pretty upsetting. RIP, Chris Cornell.

Robtard
Are you not counting Vedder cos he wasn't born in Seattle or?

Scribble
Originally posted by Robtard
Are you not counting Vedder cos he wasn't born in Seattle or? No, I just forgot about Vedder awehuhs My bad. At least he's still kicking

Patient_Leech
F*ck, I've loved Soundgarden for as long as I can remember. And Audioslave came around and some of their stuff is really good, too. The dude was just ridiculously talented.

I just don't think enough attention is given to people like this when they kill themselves. People don't seem to think it's a big deal that someone like Chris could be so freakin' talented and successful but apparently still so miserable. It's heart breaking. Mental illness is real. It's no easier to overcome without significant professional treatment than any other physical disease.

I've been jamming and damn near balling in tears to Soundgarden and Audioslave since I heard the news.

Patient_Leech
Yeah, this actually goes well with what I was saying about mental illness. Beautiful piece of writing here about Chris Cornell's death...

https://thefirsttenwords.wordpress.com/2017/05/20/its-not-what-you-think/

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.