Imperiex vs. Lifebringer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Galan007
-Imperiex Prime-
https://s1.postimg.org/l9boc833j/image.jpg

VS.

-Lifebringer (full-power)-
https://s1.postimg.org/620a5m0mn/image.jpg

How goes this? mmm

TheHulkster
Lifebringer wins this.

Cogito
Still don't see Lifebringer surviving entropy erm

Galan007
^ That's what I was curious about as well... mhmm

zopzop
Originally posted by Galan007
^ That's what I was curious about as well... mhmm
No need to be curious at all. Entropy destroyed an aspect of Death, it would wreck any version of Galactus.

Zack M
Imperiex.

carver9
Galactus escapes it before the blast hit him. Look at the recent Ultimates if you want to know where he would go.

Zack M
How fast is Galactus?

Juntai
Originally posted by carver9
Galactus escapes it before the blast hit him. Look at the recent Ultimates if you want to know where he would go. So your arguement is that he would run away?

carver9
Originally posted by Zack M
How fast is Galactus?

Lol...Fast enough. You're asking me how fast an abstract is. Hilarious.

Zack M
Feats?

carver9
Originally posted by Juntai
So your arguement is that he would run away?

He destroys Imperiex which counts as a forum win and then he goes on by his business. When someone beat another person, is there a rule saying he needs to stand in one spot after the fight?

carver9
Feats?

Lol.

Zack M
So, he's quicksilver level?

carver9
So, he's quicksilver level?

Quicksilver speed blitz.

Zack M
Not fast enough, I'm afraid. Entropy moves at the speed of Entropy. Galactus would be a sitting duck.

carver9
Not fast enough, I'm afraid. Entropy moves at the speed of Entropy. Galactus would be a sitting duck.

What does running speed have to do with this? Galactus blasts him open, Imperiex explodes and Galactus teleports. All of this is a thought process for him. Are you saying he thinks slow as well?

Galan007
Galactus escapes it before the blast hit him. Look at the recent Ultimates if you want to know where he would go. Retreating to Owen's quasi-reality = self-BFR = an automatic loss under forum rules.

...So you might want to try again. wink

carver9
Retreating to Owen's quasi-reality = self-BFR = an automatic loss under forum rules.

It's not self bfr if the battle is not still going on. Energy leaking from a dead being means that the fight is over. Galactus doesn't have to sit there and see if he is capable of tanking the energy. This is how I see the fight playing out. Both exchange blast...Galactus then lay a good one on Imp which damages his hide. Galactus notice he is about to explode. Imperiex explodes (he is out of the fight once this happens...Galactus has won) and Galactus witnessing the energy coming his way teleports off of the field. He removes himself from a battle that is already over.

carver9
Its like Superman beating Doomsday and then flying away after knocking him out and still saying he lost.

cdtm
Its like Superman beating Doomsday and then flying away after knocking him out and still saying he lost.

It's nothing like that at all.

Galan007
thumb up

If Lifebringer retreats to Owen's quasi-reality to avoid being struck by Imperiex's Entropy rift at *any* point during the battle, it constitutes self-BFR, which constitutes an auto-loss by proxy.

Simple. smile

TheHulkster
Galactus would have no problem with something Kyle can contain.

cdtm
I just had two heavy beers in the space of ten minutes.

Carver is driving me to drink. (Can I get away with telling him"**** you" if I have two more? I mean, if women can't even consent to getting laid, could you blame a drunk for cussing him out?)

Galan007
Originally posted by TheHulkster
Galactus would have no problem with something Kyle can contain. Is that a fact?

You have scans of Galactus containing a big bang handy?

carver9
Wasn't he created from the big bang?

Galan007
Imperiex is both destruction(entropy) AND creation(big bang) wrapped up in one... A true Alpha & Omega character.

eaebiakuya
Could Galactus powers of giving life, by someway...transform the entropy?

Galan007
Given his feats thus far, I am not of the opinion that Lifebringer would be able to convert the fundamental force of DC-entropy into some other type of benign/harmless energy.

Good question, though. thumb up

thanos-prime
Imperiex definitely wins at looking stupid.

krisblaze
Retreating to Owen's quasi-reality = self-BFR = an automatic loss under forum rules.

Not self-bfr if he wins first.

The match ends when one of them diss.

abhilegend
Galactus would have no problem with something Kyle can contain.
Galactus can't even transport two beings to the end of the universe without draining himself completely.

http://i.imgur.com/ylH9ieTm.jpg http://i.imgur.com/hbpMUnMm.jpg

thumb up

TheHulkster
Imperiex is both destruction(entropy) AND creation(big bang) wrapped up in one... A true Alpha & Omega character.

Your entire argument is based on character hype. I could equally argue that Galactus is the metamorphosed embodiment of a cosmos, the balancing force between Death and Eternity and a force of nature whose very existence is necessary for the survival of the universe. That sounds at least just as impressive.

carver9
Originally posted by krisblaze
Not self-bfr if he wins first.

The match ends when one of them diss.

Exactly

carver9
Originally posted by abhilegend
Galactus can't even transport two beings to the end of the universe without draining himself completely.

http://i.imgur.com/ylH9ieTm.jpg http://i.imgur.com/hbpMUnMm.jpg

thumb up

Let me guess, Imperiex transported beings further? He doesn't have any fts.

DarkSaint85
This isn't a FedEx competition.

However, if all G has is the energy to transport two beings that far....doesn't bode well.

DarkSaint85
It's not self bfr if the battle is not still going on. Energy leaking from a dead being means that the fight is over. Galactus doesn't have to sit there and see if he is capable of tanking the energy. This is how I see the fight playing out. Both exchange blast...Galactus then lay a good one on Imp which damages his hide. Galactus notice he is about to explode. Imperiex explodes (he is out of the fight once this happens...Galactus has won) and Galactus witnessing the energy coming his way teleports off of the field. He removes himself from a battle that is already over.

Bookmarked, for when Carver next argues against Zoom.Or any time traveller, really.

After all, from Zoom's POV, the battle is already over.

Thanks.

TheHulkster
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
This isn't a FedEx competition.

However, if all G has is the energy to transport two beings that far....doesn't bode well.

Isn't this post confrontation with Logos? Galactus is left severely weakened from that and has yet to recover.

DarkSaint85
Was pre, I believe. Logos gave him his hunger back, didn't it?

RealityWarper
Wasn't Imperiex defeated by Superman whom drained a bit of energy from the Sun ?

DarkSaint85
Have you read the story line? Genuinely curious.

RealityWarper
Have you read the story line? Genuinely curious.

Yes.

SquallX
Originally posted by RealityWarper
Yes.

Clearly you haven't.

RealityWarper
Originally posted by SquallX
Clearly you haven't.

"ok"

So Lifebringer Galactus is weaker than Superman ?

cdtm
"ok"

So Lifebringer Galactus is weaker than Superman ?

There's a little more context then that..

It's not like Superman just beat him down. (WHICH THE WRITER TOLD CBR HE COULD PROBABLY DO. Seriously, to CBR, in the Probe scene.

Fanboy's have been using that quote ever since. smile )

DarkSaint85
Reed has defeated Galactus before. Can't see why Imperiex can't,as he's more powerful than Reed.

I'm sure there are circumstances surrounding Galactus' defeat, but I'm sure it doesn't matter.

RealityWarper
Reed has defeated Galactus before. Can't see why Imperiex can't,as he's more powerful than Reed.

I'm sure there are circumstances surrounding Galactus' defeat, but I'm sure it doesn't matter.

Wow ! Reed has defeated Galactus in a direct confrontation ? Like powers Vs powers ? Might vs might ?

Stop moving the goalpost please.

DarkSaint85
Wait, you're saying there were circumstances and context involved??

Egads!

cdtm
Wow ! Reed has defeated Galactus in a direct confrontation ? Like powers Vs powers ? Might vs might ?

Stop moving the goalpost please.

Yeah, Darksaint, just because Superman can beat down Galactus as easily as he beat down Imperiex Prime dossn't mean Reed could.

Which he totally could! Realitywarper said he read the story, so he knows I'm not totally lying when I say Superman beat Imperiex Prime with one punch, without any context or amping at all!

Shame on you for playing him, Darksaint.

celeyhyga17
The context of that Galactus scene escapes him.

RealityWarper
Originally posted by cdtm
Yeah, Darksaint, just because Superman can beat down Galactus as easily as he beat down Imperiex Prime dossn't mean Reed could.

Which he totally could! Realitywarper said he read the story, so he knows I'm not totally lying when I say Superman beat Imperiex Prime with one punch, without any context or amping at all!

Shame on you for playing him, Darksaint.

I said that he Superman was sundipped.

I was implying that a sundipped Superman was far less powerful than Lifegiver Galactus but whatever...

cdtm
I said that he Superman was sundipped.

I was implying that a sundipped Superman was far less powerful than Lifegiver Galactus but whatever...

Imperiex was also trapped in Warworld.

It wasn't a power vs power fight at all.

DarkSaint85
Superman was sundipped AND merged with a Lord of Order, Kismet. Who gave their life in defeating Imperiex.

Then after that cracked his suit, Brainiac, merged with Warworld, drained him. But he was still dangerous.

Darkseid than created a boom tube, using the prayers of the entire Amazonian received,plus Atlantean magic, plus the Omega Effect, to open a boom tube back in time.

cdtm
Superman was sundipped AND merged with a Lord of Order, Kismet. Who gave their life in defeating Imperiex.

Wait, Kismet was downgraded to a Lord of Order?

She was usually portrayed as the female Eternity. I know the Dominus storyline proved she has mortal origins, but didn't realize she was classified as a LOO.

Tbh, as much as I go on about Superman, I HATED the Imperiex saga. Was so bored reading it..

DarkSaint85
http://m.imgur.com/JFDX8Ei?r

RealityWarper
Fine. It seems that I've to read that again. My memories are fading.

cdtm
"Remains"?

So not "dead" dead.

She did romance up Eternity in JLA/Avengers..

DarkSaint85
She could be dead dead.

Bruce Lee remains, to this day, the most famous of Asian actors in the US.

RealityWarper

Agreed !

cdtm
She could be dead dead.

Bruce Lee remains, to this day, the most famous of Asian actors in the US.

Most bios would actually note he's not with us, though.

And again, Busiek. Krona's plan was to kidnap her and Eternity, which would he hard to do if she was dead (Not impossible, with time shenanigans. She also could have been a different Kismet, like a new Dream, but no mention or hint of either scenerio..)

TheHulkster
Was pre, I believe. Logos gave him his hunger back, didn't it?

Galactus loses his hunger again in April, the same month he appears in Slott's issue. Logos gives him his hunger back in February. Plus, in Slott's issue, Galactus doesn't have his Herald of Life. His Herald of Life dies in April's issue and had been with Galactus since October of 2016.

Slott has expressed in interviews and shown in writing that his Surfer run in in step with the current goings on in the MU. I doubt that he is seven months behind the rest of the MU.

Galan007
Your entire argument is based on character hype. The hell are you talking about..?

I haven't made any 'arguments' here at all, lol. Maybe get your facts straight before you respond to me next time? smile

TheHulkster
The hell are you talking about..?

I haven't made any 'arguments' here at all, lol. Maybe get your facts straight before you respond to me next time? smile

Youre right. You haven't made any arguments. You just based your conclusions on hype. I stand corrected.

Galan007
Lol, what conclusions did I make? That Imperiex is the embodiment of entropy/destruction? He is; we saw him destroy a universe on panel. That Imperiex is also the force of rebirth/recreation? He is; we saw him release a universal big bang on panel.

Moreover, explicit statements made by the likes of Fortress Mode Eradicator, Rip Hunter, and the Quintessence regarding Imperiex's purpose on a fundamental/conceptual/cosmic level, hardly qualify as general 'hype', lol.

...And I only mentioned those facts in the first place because carver specifically ASKED about the aspects of Imperiex's power, lol.

As I said: get your facts straight if you're going to try and randomly pick an argument with me. smile

TheHulkster
Is that a fact?

You have scans of Galactus containing a big bang handy?

Kyle doesn't contain a Big Bang. Know what your talking about before you comment.

TheHulkster
Lol, what conclusions did I make? That Imperiex is the embodiment of entropy/destruction? He is; we saw him destroy a universe on panel. That Imperiex is also the force of rebirth/recreation? He is; we saw him release a big bang on panel.

Moreover, explicit statements made by the likes of Fortress Mode Eradicator, Rip Hunter, and the Quintessence regarding Imperiex's purpose on a fundamental/conceptual/cosmic level, hardly qualify as general 'hype', lol.

...And I only mentioned those facts in the first place because carver specifically ASKED about that aspect of Imperiex's power, lol.

As I said: get your facts straight if you're going to try and randomly pick an argument with me. smile

You cite statements of hype as evidence of what Galactus is incapable of doing to Imperiex as opposed to citing actual performance, which is weak.

carver9
Imperiex doesn't have any fts. Don't know why this thread is still going on.

SquallX

Shut up you idiot!

Zack M
Lol. Don't even respond to him. He's just trolling at this point.

Galan007
Kyle doesn't contain a Big Bang. Know what your talking about before you comment. Originally posted by TheHulkster
You cite statements of hype as evidence of what Galactus is incapable of doing to Imperiex as opposed to citing actual performance, which is weak. laughing out loud

Trolls will be trolls. thumb up

Annnnyyyywayyy... If anyone else would like to discuss Imperiex, I'm game. smile

Juntai
Damnit Galan, git gud, know you're talking about.

TheHulkster
LOL at playing the troll card.

carver9
Originally posted by SquallX
Shut up you idiot!

Nope. Add to the thread.

cdtm

Superman beats Goku.

Anyone else think Superman beats Goku?

RealityWarper
I think that Batman has a chance.

However he will have to take all of his prep and put it waaaaaay up Imperiex and Galactus butts.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
the teleportation thing happened during a time when Galactus was severely weakened, yeah. Heck, in Ultimates #7, he's still recovering from the affair.

That said, I'm not entirely sure who wins this fight, but just my 2 cents:

1. When Galactus was reverted to his devourer form, it was noted by Rodstvow that Galactus would devour all time and space until all that would be left is the First Firmament, (though how long this would take was undefined).

2. Devourer Galactus also has a potential multiversal feat during his battle with Scrier + Other.

3. Lifebringer Galactus is shown/implied to be far more powerful than devourer Galactus.

I'm not necessarily trying to say Galactus is multiversal + (there's far more evidence indicating otherwise,) just showing that in the context of the Ultimates series, this is meant to be the most powerful Galactus yet. Would he defeat Imperiex? No idea. So far the only forces confirmed/shown to be capable of defeating Lifebringer Galactus are Molecule Man (who is by far the most powerful character in Marvel currently, Imperiex is less than an ant to him,) and Logos, (the much more assertive/dominant stand-in for the Living Tribunal that stomped 8 celestials instantly and is the ultimate law within the Omniverse). Also the First Firmament, (the being who corrupted Chaos/Order in the first place).

abhilegend
He is going to fight Ego next month. That should clarify his power level.

And Slott didn't mention that Lifebringer was weakened.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
You're probably right. We haven't seen enough quantifiable showings from Galactus yet, (which we probably will next issue). That said, I won't claim to be any sort of expert regarding Imperiex, so I'll defer to the posters in this thread such as yourself and Galan. smile

TheHulkster
Originally posted by abhilegend
He is going to fight Ego next month. That should clarify his power level.

Ewing has already stated that Galactus will still be recovering from what Logos does to him and will be below peak condition while Ego is more powerful than ever.

abhilegend
Ewing has already stated that Galactus will still be recovering from what Logos does to him and will be below peak condition while Ego is more powerful than ever.
Maybe. We'll have to see if that's how the story is shown.

Galan007
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
1. When Galactus was reverted to his devourer form, it was noted by Rodstvow that Galactus would devour all time and space until all that would be left is the First Firmament, (though how long this would take was undefined). Yeah:
http://i.imgur.com/iK2YTBTm.jpg
"His hunger is now uncontained by mind or morality. Nor can it ever be sated. He will only siphon energy and life outside this reality. Slowly, at first... Imperceptibly. Then faster and faster, ALL time and space, spiraling away to the First Firmament... Leaving nothing behind."

When I read that, I felt like Ewing pulled it straight from the Black Celestial arc...

http://i.imgur.com/NJt71izm.jpg
"A tremendous whirlpool devouring not only space, but time as well!"

http://i.imgur.com/Nv3U9ypm.jpg
"The Planet Eater has always been hungry. Now, he would become ravenous as his appetite increased geometrically... He would consume not only planets, but the entire universe!"

http://i.imgur.com/uaAxsfpm.jpg
"The time will come soon when ALL the energy in the universe throughout its history will not be sufficient to feed him!"

But even when Galactus' hunger is bolstered FAR beyond it's 'normal' level(as is the case in BOTH of the above scenes), consuming a universe is still a task that would take him a LONG time -- so I'm glad you mentioned that in your post. thumb up

Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
3. Lifebringer Galactus is shown/implied to be far more powerful than devourer Galactus. Well, Lifebringer's power is more stable, at least, as it doesn't fluctuate in accordance with the amount of worlds he has consumed.

That being said, standard Galactus' power might actually be *better* to have in the current scenario, as all he'd have to do to get back to full-power+ is consume a gaggle of worlds/stars... He wouldn't have to hide within Owen's abandoned quasi-reality, in constant fear of being located before his power is restored, like Lifebringer is currently doing.

...So it's kind of a double-edged sword. /shrug

cdtm
Those writers are such Moorecock nerds.

And I sound like one too, just by getting the reference (I wanted to find out who this Elric was everyone kept talking about, and checked out some books from the library.)

DarkSaint85
Any update on this fight?

zopzop
Marvel's entire cosmic hierarchy is a joke. Imperiex destroys him.

quanchi112
Lifebringer wins.

TethAdamTheRock
Lifebringer

RealityWarper
Originally posted by quanchi112
Lifebringer wins.
Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
Lifebringer

Agreed thumb up

Zack M
Originally posted by zopzop
Marvel's entire cosmic hierarchy is a joke. Imperiex destroys him.

https://i.imgur.com/9z5QSt6.jpg

quanchi112
https://i.imgur.com/9z5QSt6.jpg Nope.

Genii96
Lifebringer wins

Zack M
Lifebringer gets his life snuffed out.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.