Biggest Underperfomers for This Summer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

John Murdoch
The Summer 2017 movie season is in full swing at the time of my posting, and we have one outright bomb (King Arthur) and one underperformer (Alien: Covenant) on our hands already.

Name some blockbusters this Summer that will end up following in the footsteps of Independence Day: Resurgence, Alice Through the Looking Glass, TMNT: Out of the Shadows, The BFG, Ghostbusters 2016, etc.

jaden101
Colossal will likely tank due to lack of promotion.

Sleepless will bomb

The Mummy won't do anywhere near what the studio wants it to do

John Murdoch
^For a $125 million budget that's the introduction to a shared cinematic universe, ya I agree with that statement on The Mummy.

Anyone have thoughts on how Pirates 5 will do? On Stranger Tides made some serious bucks thanks to overseas, but domestically it was way off its predecessors.

jaden101
Don't think it'll do the money previous installments have done or at least not adjusted for inflation. Same with Transformers. I think Baywatch will do well. War for the Planet of the Apes will do comparable to its previous movies. The Dark Tower has the potential to go either way. Huge cult following but might not have enough mainstream support to drive it to the big numbers.

Most of the comic book movies will obviously do very well regardless of quality.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.