Farcry 5

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
May 26th for the reveal

OLqeAH5D1uo

Smasandian
I wasn't sure if Far Cry 5 was going to be enough for me.

But I'm intrigued with the idea of playing in Montana. I hope they change the formula a bit (aka...not the same damn side missions and activities) but still leave outposts in. Those were easily the best part of the game.

BackFire
Awesome location. Seems really unique and filled with potential.

Smasandian
Yep.

I just hope they use the location to do some new things gameplay wise. It would be a shame if it strictly followed Far Cry previous games.

Keep the outposts though...that shit is always fun.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Smasandian
I wasn't sure if Far Cry 5 was going to be enough for me.

But I'm intrigued with the idea of playing in Montana. I hope they change the formula a bit (aka...not the same damn side missions and activities) but still leave outposts in. Those were easily the best part of the game.

Seems to happen with Ubisoft games, They find something that works and re-use it for the next few games

FarCry 3 gameplay and we seen the same thing with some new features till the Primal one

Assassins Creed 2 same thing till Revelations.

Kazenji
Will be dealing with rural Christian fundamentalists

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4227/34488711000_93c3336f3c_b.jpg

Kazenji
PI-1KTy0pOA

Kazenji
DnVYZbGrEJM

olivia900
wow this is amazing very cool graphics this is best

Kazenji
Already seen some of the game being played on Twitch.

Jmanghan
I find it hard to get excited for Far Cry, even if the games are good, I just feel like I've experienced that same game over and over again.

Kazenji
Supposedly that they've changed how you approach the missions/levels in this new one, More options to them.

Smasandian
Its more open ended. They also removed the mini map and I believe don't show icons.

Kazenji
The weapon wheel seems to be alot better too from what i've seen, You're not limited to 4 guns and one melee weapon.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Smasandian
Its more open ended. They also removed the mini map and I believe don't show icons. unfortunately I feel the mini-map is an important part for 3d open-world games.

Smasandian
Why?

There is still a map but no mini-map in the corner of the screen.

BackFire
I don't like minimaps. They are immersion breaking and end up just causing the player to not look at the screen. I prefer the way bethesda and the new AC game does it, having kind of a bar at the top of the screen telling you which way things are.

Smasandian
Yeah, that's a good way of doing so. For exploration sake, I feel Bethesda does it the best. I always seem to explore the world more in those games because the compass bar shows how close I am to a location. I feel that I'm required to run off to the mystery location and when I get there, it's rewarding and it's usually filled with something cool (loot, quests or just a little story)

And there is the feeling of completion when it propagates the location on the world map.

Most games allow you to remove the map but that's just a bandaid because the game was developed with the minimap in mind.

Kazenji
Doesn't really bother me the mini-map if its there or not.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.