3 new things I dont like about nucanon

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Abonis
1.) The importance of the Sith- They are abandoned in the new trilogy and we get the Knights of Ren.

2.) Anybody can wield a lightsaber,-Finn, Gar Saxon, Sabine, that Imperial commander from the ongoing Marvel Star Wars series.

3.) Everything has been brought down- The certain aspects of importance have been watered down. The Rakata are just another species, the Vong would have been just another race

Thoughts?

Zenwolf
There is a thread I made for this. I can strongly agree with the 2/3, mostly the 3rd...a lot of things do seemed to be watered down. Especially the GCW only lasting a total of 1 year after the Endor battle, which makes no sense.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Darth Abonis
1.) The importance of the Sith- They are abandoned in the new trilogy and we get the Knights of Ren.
Well yeah, that was the point of the whole Chosen One prophecy.

The Sith still existing after Palpatine in the EU was stupid.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by DarthAnt66

The Sith still existing after Palpatine in the EU was stupid.

Didn't the Ancient Sith not recognize Darth Krayt and his like as Sith though? Or was that something else?

ares834
They didn't. Still that's pretty irrelevant. A Sith is a Sith.

The Merchant
The new trilogy could have taken place during 60 ABY or somewhere in the decades after Crucible but before Legacy.

DarthAnt66
Darth Krayt was trained by XoXaan as a Sith. Although really, all you need to do is follow the Sith ideology and you can fully be considered a Sith.

Factually, Lumiya, Darth Caedus, Darth Krayt, and the hundreds of other One Sith are all considered apart of the same Sith Order as Darth Vader.

Not to mention the fact that Palpatine, the ultimate Sith, was cloned. The fact he might have no longer followed the Rule of Two doesn't make him not a Sith.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgBpoiC8qGA

The requirements for the Chosen One prophecy are specifically bringing balance to the Force by destroying the Sith.

The Sith still existing after the Chosen One is dead therefore means the Chosen One prophecy was flawed.

Introducing the Knights of Ren, which both use the light and the dark side (although predominately the dark) and are separate from the Sith Order, was the only way to go to honor the preexisting saga.

The Merchant
There are ways one can interpret it. The Sith being destroyed could mean in the old canon that, although they may exist, they have been broken to the point that they can never achieve their pinnacle ever again aka Palps Empire. Ofc I agree the Sith should have been fully wiped out and like that TFA is doing that.

DarthAnt66
Even if we go that route, then Darth Krayt ruling the galaxy is still a massive disservice.

Originally posted by The Merchant
Ofc I agree the Sith should have been fully wiped out and like that TFA is doing that.

thumb up

Tondemonai
Ngl I loved the concept for the Lost Tribe of the Sith. The way their culture was built and the stories from when they still had primitive tech, yet still had their lightsabers, was really enjoyable. And, while the way they were portrayed in FotJ was somewhat disappointing in that they were puppets (though this also seemed appropriate), I loved the Khai's and Taalon. Other than that though while it would've made more sense for Sidious' death to've makes the end if the Sith (as it is in Canon), the fact that the Sith Order is essentially a belief system, it's fairly impossible to fully eradicate them, since it's an ideology, not a race (the Sith were, not the Sith Order itself though).

Darth Abonis
Originally posted by Tondemonai
Ngl I loved the concept for the Lost Tribe of the Sith. The way their culture was built and the stories from when they still had primitive tech, yet still had their lightsabers, was really enjoyable. And, while the way they were portrayed in FotJ was somewhat disappointing in that they were puppets (though this also seemed appropriate), I loved the Khai's and Taalon. Other than that though while it would've made more sense for Sidious' death to've makes the end if the Sith (as it is in Canon), the fact that the Sith Order is essentially a belief system, it's fairly impossible to fully eradicate them, since it's an ideology, not a race (the Sith were, not the Sith Order itself though).

Not a fan of the Lost Tribe for the very same reasons you like them. However, I love how in one of the books, a Sith got his arm removed and he still shot Force lightning out of the stump of his hand lol

Darth Thor
Yeah there should be no Sith after ROTJ. That's something the new canon has done right.

TheNuisanceBird
To be fair, there's nothing stopping a Dark Sider from finding an ancient holocron and calling themselves Darth Whatever.

Sure Anakin redeemed himself, but all Kylo has to do is call himself Darth somthing.

While adopting Darth as a title doesn't make one a Sith, it doesn't mean the Sith's influence on future Dark Sider's will be forgotten about.

It's like if the Jedi had another purge and another group of lightsiders tried to establish a base somewhere and be peacekeepers of the Galaxy. Even if they weren't Jedi they'd have to be ignorant as Quanchi to not look at what did and didn't work in the past for the Jedi.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Yeah there should be no Sith after ROTJ. That's something the new canon has done right.
I mean the knights of ren are basically sith no?

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
I mean the knights of ren are basically sith no?

Eh seems more like a cult, like the Exar Kun cult or Revan's cult, that kinda thing.

darthbane77
Originally posted by DarthAnt66

The Sith still existing after Palpatine in the EU was stupid. Well apparently we're wrong about that, according to Dark Empire, which I learned was based on Lucas' original plans for the sequel trilogy. Not sure if that's accurate, but I have it from a few people that that is the case.

The Merchant
First timr I heard DE is based on Lucas ST. All I heard was that he liked it and his basis for Palps character in the prequels comes from DE. His ST is apparently centered on teenagers becoming the next generation of Jedi and Luke getting married with the story being 30 years or so after ROTJ.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.