Galactus Lifebringer vs Nekron

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

eaebiakuya
Who wins this fight?

zopzop
Nekron. LB Galactus is only impressive because Marvel's cosmology is in flux. Nekron murders him.

leonidas
i'd tend to agree. the first battle he had with chaos and order def went his way. the second one they hurt him pretty badly (after they murdered lt...) so, hard to say where exactly everyone fits in. did lt just...drop in the cosmic ladder or were the others all elevated? logos seems pretty bad a$$, but i think things still need to be worked out some more. /shrug

eaebiakuya
Nekron could be above power wise. But the source of galactus power, life, should not be Nekron weakness?

zopzop
Originally posted by eaebiakuya
Nekron could be above power wise. But the source of galactus power, life, should not be Nekron weakness?
It isn't. Nekron was doing just fine vs the Life Entity and was about to kill it till they got smart and went for Nekron's minion : Black Hand. With him taken out of the picture, Nekron was forced to go back to his dimension.

And unless I'm mistaken the Star Trek/Lanern crossover isn't canon, so that can't be used against him.

eaebiakuya
What about the fight against captain atom..?

zopzop
Originally posted by eaebiakuya
What about the fight against captain atom..?
What about it? He was eating the life energy of the universe in that fight. Captain Atom (dude was creating universes during this time period) reversed it and BFRed him. The entire encounter made no sense though, still doesnt' save Galactus from being destroyed.

eaebiakuya
Originally posted by zopzop
What about it? He was eating the life energy of the universe in that fight. Captain Atom (dude was creating universes during this time period) reversed it and BFRed him. The entire encounter made no sense though, still doesnt' save Galactus from being destroyed.

I mean in that fight, the life energy was working as weakeness to Nekron, dont?

Originally posted by Galan007
That scene had quite a bit of context behind it, though.

Captain Atom was mainlining energy directly from the Quantum Field... And QF-energy = the energy of EVERY LIVING BEING in the physical plane/universe:
http://i.imgur.com/rwwDomX.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/6h3EYDo.jpg

IOW, CA only 'won' because he was channeling the equivalent of Nekron's Kryptonite(ie. the power of LIFE.)

Galan007
^ Nekron was also written much, MUCH different back then(that was nearly 30 years ago, remember.) When Johns took the reigns, he retooled Nekron across the board -- made him FAR more than some lesser death-aspect...

As zop pointed out: life energy doesn't hold nearly the same weight against him that it used to.

eaebiakuya
Then we can say Lifebringer would beat this version that lost to CA, but would lose to recent version. Not only his weakness changed but his overall power inscrease, right?

BTW, there is any more issues or pictures that show "old Nekron" was weak against life energy?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.