Classic Marvel vs. Newer Marvel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

byrdgang21
Silver Surfer
Thor
Hulk
Gladiator

vs.

Sentry
Jane Thor
Blue Marvel
Hyperion

Who wins?

carver9
Depends on the Sentry tbh.

vansonbee
Probably Newer Marvel team. Thor will get distracted by fighting a female version of himself and since it seem Jane can tap in the hammer more than standard Thor. Sentry can stall Silver Surfer long enough for Blue Marvel and Hyperion to dog-pile him. Gladiator is a chump compared to everyone on the list and standard Hulk gets destroyed here.

eaebiakuya
Sentry is the strongest in the field...and Hulk is quite useless in a fight like that.

carver9
All lies.

abhilegend
Real Thor destroys Odinson.

riv6672
Originally posted by vansonbee
Thor will get distracted by fighting a female version of himself...Jane can tap in the hammer...
TBF Jane 'tapping the hammer' would likely distract everyone. On both teams.

Anyhow, this seems pretty even.
Hulk is the least versatile on the field (no flight, no added powers) but he's also the strongest, so anyone he gets his hands on is in trouble, and he's on yhe team with most versatile member, in Silver Surfer.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by carver9
Depends on the Sentry tbh.

Don't you like using current characters? Am sure I can dig up some quotes by you.

Prof. T.C McAbe
BM isn't even needed. Sentry could take SS and Thor at the same time for a while or beat one of them really fast. Hyperion would finish Hulk but it would be more clever to make it a 3 v 3 in the air and ignore the green troll. Jane will beat anyone on team 1 by herself through GP. So either 3v3 in the air and then a quick finish of the Hulk or Sentry takes out two, jane and hype each take out one.

DarkSaint85
I wonder if Jane summons Mjolnir, if they would both fly to her.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
I wonder if Jane summons Mjolnir, if they would both fly to her.

GP might do this trick but Classic Thor was as worthy as they can be so I doubt it under normal circumstances.

DarkSaint85
Mjolnir NEVER flew for Thor, classic or otherwise,the same way it flies for Jane.

NEVER.

So I reckon there's a high chance it'll like her more. After all, what's a few years (in Marvel time) to an immortal sentient super storm? If Mjolnir is going to be with Jane in a few years time, it might just decide to cut the crap and go now.

bluewaterrider
Originally posted by DarkSaint85

If Mjolnir is going to be with Jane in a few years time, it might just decide to cut the crap and go now.

confused

DarkSaint85
What's confusing?

Classic Thor is from like, the 60s. But in 616 terms, it's about ten years ago or whatever (as comic time rarely moves with real time).

Ten years, to a sentient Galaxy sized super storm trapped a millennia or so ago.....is barely a blink.

Why not decide meh, I like Jane more,off I go?

bluewaterrider
I thought you were saying something to the effect that Jane is Thor now AND that it has somehow been confirmed that she will AGAIN be Thor many years from now. Which would be perplexing given her CURRENT status.
To say the least.

Horrificus
For team 1, replace Hulk so they have a chance. Vulcan?

Glorificus
Team 2.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.