Starfire vs Venom!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Flyattractor
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/7f/0e/67/7f0e67243ecb314f8d0e1283d08733b1.jpg

VS

https://10deb7fbfece20ff53da-95da5b03499e7e5b086c55c243f676a1.ssl.cf1.rackcdn.com/e613cfcba8483a18ea3f42a1c4607a0d_xl.jpg

Starfire vs Venom

Fight takes place in NYC.

Pre Nu52/Flashpoint version of Starfire/ Eddie Brock version of Venom

WHO WNS!?

carver9
Good fight. Split imo.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by carver9
Good fight. Split imo.

https://media2.giphy.com/media/3OSo3PPaXdw0U/giphy.gif

beatboks
O_o. ?????

Either Venom has had a massive upgrade or Nu52 Starfire got a massive downgrade.

Kory is a Class 100 that isnt far behind Donna Troy and a bloody well trained combatant who pre 52 had bested all tue amazons on paradise island.

Stoic
Originally posted by beatboks
O_o. ?????

Either Venom has had a massive upgrade or Nu52 Starfire got a massive downgrade.

Kory is a Class 100 that isnt far behind Donna Troy and a bloody well trained combatant who pre 52 had bested all tue amazons on paradise island.

There are times when strength isn't the deciding factor. This may be one of those times. I'd personally give the win to Starfire most of the time, but if she gets caught slipping by Venom, he'll make her pay. The alien has abilities that could severely harm Kory, like if he decided to envelop her head with it, and shove tendrils up her nose.

Flyattractor
I know Kory is Strong but is she really in the CL 100 range?
Is that a constant for her or a recent revamp?

EcstaticGrace
Originally posted by Flyattractor
I know Kory is Strong but is she really in the CL 100 range?
Is that a constant for her or a recent revamp?

She's on the lower end of CL 100 where I would of put Carol at the time period Carol did this.

http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/30800000/Venom-carol-danvers-30892923-388-418.jpg

deathslash
Originally posted by EcstaticGrace
She's on the lower end of CL 100 where I would of put Carol at the time period Carol did this.

http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/30800000/Venom-carol-danvers-30892923-388-418.jpg that wasn't Brock though, that was gargan, and everybody knows that he was a massive jobber as venom.

DarkSaint85
Doesn't Starfire's blasts give off intense heat??

EcstaticGrace
Originally posted by deathslash
that wasn't Brock though, that was gargan, and everybody knows that he was a massive jobber as venom.
Physically not seeing how Venom does any better though unless I'm missing something in regards to his physicals?

EcstaticGrace
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Doesn't Starfire's blasts give off intense heat??
By name I'd assume so "star"bolts

Honestly no Starfire expert though.

Flyattractor
"star"bolts

"Star" bolts.... Sounds like a nickname Lobo would have given her.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/4/49536/2301063-lobo.jpg

Digi

http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/30800000/Venom-carol-danvers-30892923-388-418.jpg

Not a bad comparison. On pure strength I'd give Carol the nod. But yeah, I did a double take at this thread as well. Kori should wreck shop in this fight unless we're super generous to Venom and lowball her. I don't know **** about Nu52, but the OP stipulates that it's Pre-52.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Digi
Not a bad comparison. On pure strength I'd give Carol the nod. But yeah, I did a double take at this thread as well. Kori should wreck shop in this fight unless we're super generous to Venom and lowball her. I don't know **** about Nu52, but the OP stipulates that it's Pre-52.

To be honest I knew She was Supe Strong but I didn't know she was Low Tier Superman Level. I was thinking more classic Miss Marvel or Grey Hulk/Thing. Not Supes.

deathslash
Physically not seeing how Venom does any better though unless I'm missing something in regards to his physicals? He has a few pretty good showings and is at least twice as strong as Spidey. Not saying he wins, just pointing out that using the (hilariously low end) showings of gargan is like using the showings of Johnny Blaze for Daniel Ketch.

Stoic
Originally posted by Flyattractor
To be honest I knew She was Supe Strong but I didn't know she was Low Tier Superman Level. I was thinking more classic Miss Marvel or Grey Hulk/Thing. Not Supes.

She isn't nearly that strong. You got it right. She's classic Rogue, Ms. Marvel (Carol), Namora, etc. This is still stronger than Venom by a decent margin.

Damborgson
Venom gets the Ms. Marvel treatment

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Stoic
She isn't nearly that strong. You got it right. She's classic Rogue, Ms. Marvel (Carol), Namora, etc. This is still stronger than Venom by a decent margin.

I recall her one shotting kryptonians.

Flyattractor
DC reboots and just general comic continuity is so all over the place I can't keep up.

Stoic
Originally posted by Sin I AM
I recall her one shotting kryptonians.

Were these Phantom Zone Kryptonians? I thought that the ones that haven't been soaking up solar radiation for a while tend to be far weaker than Superman. I'm not saying that she isn't very strong, but she isn't top tier strong unless I missed something?

DarkSaint85
She was also draining them first, though.

But yeah, this is a massive stomp for Starfire.

vansonbee
What about maximum speed of Venom vs. Starfire? He could engulf her in his suit and take her out by suffocation. I don't recall Venom producing a blade like Carnage? If so, then Starfire can be slash by Venom.

This fight is very close.

DarkSaint85
She can travel FTL, and has fought WW and Jesse Quick.

SamZED
I do not recall Starfire ever being portrayed as a speedster in combat. Also, what Carol did to Gargan was ridiculously inconsistent with symbiotes. It's not a costume that you can just yank off. Gargan was a shtty and weak Venom anyway.

Stoic
Originally posted by SamZED
I do not recall Starfire ever being portrayed as a speedster in combat. Also, what Carol did to Gargan was ridiculously inconsistent with symbiotes. It's not a costume that you can just yank off. Gargan was a shtty and weak Venom anyway.

That's what I'm talking about. Starfire is certainly stronger, but if she decided to fight Venom on his terms, things could get pretty sticky for her. It's her fight to lose, but she'd do best to end it quickly with distance attacks. Not to mention that Venom can also camouflage himself in broad daylight camp out, web her up, and assault her with those tendrils. this isn't as cut and dry as it may seem. Venom as well as most of the symbiote characters have been pretty tough to take down physically, so trying to punch him out may backfire.

SamZED
That's what I'm talking about. Starfire is certainly stronger, but if she decided to fight Venom on his terms, things could get pretty sticky for her. It's her fight to lose, but she'd do best to end it quickly with distance attacks. Not to mention that Venom can also camouflage himself in broad daylight camp out, web her up, and assault her with those tendrils. this isn't as cut and dry as it may seem. Venom as well as most of the symbiote characters have been pretty tough to take down physically, so trying to punch him out may backfire. Yes. Also, Starfire can be stabbed afaik and Venom can make razor sharp tendrils. Also, mind control is another option that he can use. So SF's best option would be to keep her distance and blast away.

DarkSaint85
Which is basically what she does mostly. She does mix it up with fisticuffs,but her go to attacks are blasting.

Sin I AM
Were these Phantom Zone Kryptonians? I thought that the ones that haven't been soaking up solar radiation for a while tend to be far weaker than Superman. I'm not saying that she isn't very strong, but she isn't top tier strong unless I missed something?

Cant recall. Ill check. She is a class 100 though shes always been the strongest Titan. Done ok against Diana but lost..mon-el/donna struggled with her physically.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.