Real life...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
You have been taken away, experimented on and dumbed back into your apartment/home. You have an envelope right beside you with your name on it. You open it up and discover that you were given new powers and abilities and it gives you a brief description of what you can do. Which power would you choose? You have not received a lot on how to use your new abilities. This is something that has been thrown on you. You also have to remember the other consequences that comes along with living in today's time with these type of abilities. Your powers are active as soon as your done reading the envelope.

Your choices are...

Colossus
Nightcrawler
Wolverine
Beast Boy
Mystique
Gambit
Kitty Pride
Cyclops (you receive a pair of visors)

zopzop
Colossus or Wolverine for me. Sweet powersets and unless you do something stupid in public, no one would know you even had powers.

byrdgang21
I'd pick Wolverine. His powers seem more useful in the real world and easier to blend in. The only thing that would suck would be being practically immortal and outlining family/kids

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Wolverine.

I'd kill people. All of them.

staxamillion
I would take Wolverine's probably the easiest to control and least conspicuous on an uncontrolled flare up.

I'd like gambits though id probably harm myself really quick

-Pr-
As cool as Colossus's powers would be, his powers always felt like an accident waiting to happen to me. It works in comics, but in a practical sense?

If his power is something you can activate easily, then what's to stop it happening if you say, sneeze? Or cough? Sex would be a ****ing minefield as you try not to transform and kill your partner.

The alternative is that requires serious concentration, and if you're concentrating on that, then you're gonna have a hard time concentrating on anything else.

As far as the actual choice for me? Wolverine or Mystique are the obvious choices, imo.

carver9
I don't think a lot of people here knows what Wolverine goes through daily with the adamantium poison.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by carver9
I don't think a lot of people here knows what Wolverine goes through daily with the adamantium poison.

Technically, having a metal skeleton is not a "power" of his, just something that was done to him. And Beast fixed the poisoning thing, fyi.

But sure, being Logan = plenty of pain, more than you can imagine. Super senses alone would take forever to adjust to.

emu
I don't think a lot of people here knows what Wolverine goes through daily with the adamantium poison. Including his heightened sense of pain.

Colosuss for me.

Free fist rapes for everyone thumb up

byrdgang21

Yes I was gonna ask if I would get the metal bones too or just his "powers" I'd still take his powers over the other choices. I'd really like to have Spideys powers tho

DarkSaint85
Either Kitty, or Gambit for me. His likeability aura would be very useful.

carver9
Originally posted by byrdgang21
Yes I was gonna ask if I would get the metal bones too or just his "powers" I'd still take his powers over the other choices. I'd really like to have Spideys powers tho

I thought about putting him on the list but I knew everyone would close him.

StiltmanFTW
Healing factor would fix so much shit in our bodies, it's an insta-win.

cdtm
No real down sides to Kitty Pride's power.

And being able to walk through walls, streets at night, or enjoy concerts and movies without fear of being blown up/shot is pretty useful in today's world.

The thing is, you could go full on thief and just rob stuff right in front of police, and they can't really stop you.

She can make other stuff intangible, right? So just drive an intangible van, load it up, and drive off. If they follow you, keep passing through buildings or off road areas.

Or hell, let them catch you. Eat an intangible burger and palm intangible cash right in front of them, what are they gonna do?

StiltmanFTW
Kitty has years of hard training.

You just have your shitty K'un-Lun janitor job, cdtm. You'd phase through one punch, only to get your neck snapped by the other one.

DarkSaint85
Years of hard training, sure,but it's not like Colossus,who has to do it in private.

I could practice by putting my hands in my pockets, phasing through my trousers and fondling away.

StiltmanFTW
You'd still get blown up at that Aryana concert, y'know.

carver9
Kitty has years of hard training.

You just have your shitty K'un-Lun janitor job, cdtm. You'd phase through one punch, only to get your neck snapped by the other one.

The power activate as soon as you are done reading the note. Imagine having Kitty powers activate without you having any training. Nightmare.

cdtm
That's pretty much Stilt's point.

She wasn't intangible all the time, was she? Before she learned to control her powers? That, I can see being a nightmare.

But just learning how to switch them on and affect other stuff makes it an easy choice, compared to the other powers (Mess up Cyke or Colossus's powers, and we're looking at a mistake that could draw a lot of unwanted attention at best, seriously hurt someone at worst..)

Logan's power is for massochist's.. I'd rather not get hurt, then be able to survive god knows what.

StiltmanFTW
Yeah, phasing to Earth's core and dying there stick out tongue

cdtm

Well, the bad writing where she doesn't is explained as her walking on molecules or something.

But know what would be awesome? WALKING to the Earth's core.

Or into space, where you don't nees to breath. smile

DarkSaint85

Like Kitty did when her powers first manifested?

staxamillion
gotta be careful not phasing inside things. but then again didn't kitty start off as a teen at the x-school might not be that hard

id like to think that if these kids use their at least to a proficient level then the learning curve might not be all that. not everyone on that list is a genius or anything they just had the time to train and it might not take that long to get decent.

the healing factor would be the best benefit IRL but I do think it might be the hardest power to train for. you basically have to not hear/smell everything at once.

changed my mind to gambit

spetznaz

A very good point that most overlook. Being Logan is a job in and of itself, and while it may seem alluring to have his abilities there are also several issues that come along with them.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Like Kitty did when her powers first manifested?

We get them at max power stick out tongue

staxamillion
Originally posted by spetznaz
A very good point that most overlook. Being Logan is a job in and of itself, and while it may seem alluring to have his abilities there are also several issues that come along with them.

sorry adamantium skeleton is not in his powerset

DarkSaint85
You think carver knows what Wolverines powers are?

Mindship
Colossus / Wolverine.

StyleTime
While Kitty isn't a bad choice down the road, I would be worried about the learning process. Truth be told, when Kitty's powers first manifested, it was pure luck that she survived her accidental phasings(obviously the character can't die since they need her for the comic). We don't get the luxury of a character shield though, so we could just as easily have phased into her bed or that brick wall.

https://postimg.org/image/xj2zf9vrf/
https://postimg.org/image/fub8nnk0b/

While her learning curve was fairly quick, she still seemed pretty surprised it was working after she started willing it to. Just seems like a huge gamble to make for me.
https://postimg.org/image/fvl6h2lu3/

Even then, she's accidentally phased as an adult, when having sex with Colossus. Lots of room for lethal mistakes here.

cdtm
Yeah, but she also didn't know what her powers were. Here, we're outright told what to expect.

The Colossus thing is worry, but afaik not really the norm for her (Just something the writer put in as an excuse to have "lol teen romance sexcapades"wink

Flyattractor
Doesn't Mystique have a HF ...of sorts?

But yeah, barring the stupid shit about Little Jimmy's "Powerset" even with out the Metal. It would be nice to not worry about getting sick or hurt. As long as I don't have to start Living like Little Jimmy aka going out and doing stupid shit where I get shot, burned, beat up or just generally tortured ever day of my life.
Nightcrawler's would be cool if he could tele for farther distances, other tthen that it would be useful for hopping around the house I guess..especially if I didn't have to be come a fuzzy blue demon looking guy.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by StyleTime

Even then, she's accidentally phased as an adult, when having sex with Colossus. Lots of room for lethal mistakes here.

Just don't have sex with Colossus...I'm not sure what the issue is here.

deathslash
Yeah, phasing to Earth's core and dying there stick out tongue accidentally stabbing yourself repeatedly, outliving all of your friends and family, and dying a slow death as an old man seems real nice.

Say whatever you want about bendis, but Ultimate spider-man made an excellent point. Without any training, your claws would constantly be popping out and just because you have a healing factor doesn't mean that getting shot or hit by a car doesn't hurt.

Mystique is the best overall. She has a limited healing factor, is flexible and agile because of her shifting, can create claws/blades, hide things in her body, create clothes just by shifting, can move her organs to avoid serious injury, flatten her body so that impact doesn't hurt her, and can literally talk her way out of almost everything by appearing to be an ally of her enemy. It would take some time to figure out her powers, but I could literally Rob a bank and get away with it by pretending to be someone else and by hiding the money in the pouches of my body that I create.

carver9
What if you're sitting at a table eating and you think about someone and transform into that person in front of everyone's eyes. You will be hunted forever.

Flyattractor
Why would your claws accidentally keep popping out? That isn't how claws work. And in today's Big Brother is Watching You type society with cameras LITERALLY being everywhere I doubt Mystique's powers would be all that beneficial once it gets spotted by the right people.

Prof. T.C McAbe
You have been taken away, experimented on and dumbed back into your apartment/home. You have an envelope right beside you with your name on it. You open it up and discover that you were given new powers and abilities and it gives you a brief description of what you can do. Which power would you choose? You have not received a lot on how to use your new abilities. This is something that has been thrown on you. You also have to remember the other consequences that comes along with living in today's time with these type of abilities. Your powers are active as soon as your done reading the envelope.

Your choices are...

Colossus
Nightcrawler
Wolverine
Beast Boy
Mystique
Gambit
Kitty Pride
Cyclops (you receive a pair of visors)
Kitty Pride or Mistique.

Those would allow me to stay under tha radar of the public. Blending in is important else the military would hunt you to take you apart and see if they can use this knowledge for new "Soldiers".

carver9
What's the benefit of having Kitty powers?

-Pr-

I know others have said, it but Jesus Christ, have you not read much X-Men?

Even the cartoon made the distinction.

StiltmanFTW
While Kitty isn't a bad choice down the road, I would be worried about the learning process. Truth be told, when Kitty's powers first manifested, it was pure luck that she survived her accidental phasings(obviously the character can't die since they need her for the comic). We don't get the luxury of a character shield though, so we could just as easily have phased into her bed or that brick wall.

https://postimg.org/image/xj2zf9vrf/
https://postimg.org/image/fub8nnk0b/

While her learning curve was fairly quick, she still seemed pretty surprised it was working after she started willing it to. Just seems like a huge gamble to make for me.
https://postimg.org/image/fvl6h2lu3/

thumb up

Originally posted by deathslash
outliving all of your friends and family

You really are a youngster if you think it's a bad thing smile

There's a lot more that you didn't mention, like rapid healing actually hurting more than sustaining wounds, suffering significant memory loss if you're not used to traumatic experiences, having claws hurting all the time, even when they're sheathed... and superhuman senses would probably be the worst of it, at least on the beginning.

Prof. T.C McAbe
What's the benefit of having Kitty powers?
Phasing in and out of pretty much everything. You could get some confidential int about the government or others stuff and send it to the media etc.

deathslash
What if you're sitting at a table eating and you think about someone and transform into that person in front of everyone's eyes. You will be hunted forever. good thing I don't eat out and it's also an especially good thing that her powers don't work like clayface. Unless you specify, we have the powers of these characters,
not their looks (if we did have their looks, why would anyone choose nightcrawler?).
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Why would your claws accidentally keep popping out? That isn't how claws work. And in today's Big Brother is Watching You type society with cameras LITERALLY being everywhere I doubt Mystique's powers would be all that beneficial once it gets spotted by the right people. even if they don't, the thought of razor sharp claws popping from my knuckles and breaking my skin, isn't a necessarily good one.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
Phasing in and out of pretty much everything. You could get some confidential int about the government or others stuff and send it to the media etc.

Yeah, because THAT worked out so f*cking great for Snowden laughing

Sheeple really don't care these days...

StiltmanFTW
good thing I don't eat out

That'll change, trust me.

StyleTime
Originally posted by cdtm
Yeah, but she also didn't know what her powers were. Here, we're outright told what to expect.

The Colossus thing is worry, but afaik not really the norm for her (Just something the writer put in as an excuse to have "lol teen romance sexcapades"wink
I'm not sure knowing what the powers are will help control them though.

Hey, if you're willing to take the gamble, by all means. I'd be too scared to though.
Just don't have sex with Colossus...I'm not sure what the issue is here.
laughing out loud Touche sir.
accidentally stabbing yourself repeatedly, outliving all of your friends and family, and dying a slow death as an old man seems real nice.

just because you have a healing factor doesn't mean that getting shot or hit by a car doesn't hurt.
As someone who has lost loved ones already, I can say that it sucks, but your life does go on. I'd imagine living for 400 years would be about the same thing, might even get easier to deal with tbh.

Most people go through life without being shot or hit by cars though. Having a healing factor doesn't mean you have to go fight street gangs everyday. You could honestly just live your normal life, but with all the added perks of healing fast.

StiltmanFTW
The initial experience would probably be quite painful, though. Healing factor forcing the body to get into the best shape, getting rid of all the imperfections, diseases and scars, etc. Ouch.

You had your appendix removed? Worry no longer, it's growing back!!! Forgot to mention, it'll hurt as f*cking f*ck. And that's just an example.

-Pr-
The initial experience would probably be quite painful, though. Healing factor forcing the body to get into the best shape, getting rid of all the imperfections, diseases and scars, etc. Ouch.

You had your appendix removed? Worry no longer, it's growing back!!! Forgot to mention, it'll hurt as f*cking f*ck. And that's just an example.

I have to imagine you'd get desensitized over time. Or would you not?

carver9
His senses as well. How would anyone master something like that without training from someone with similar problems and in our world, that doesn't exist.

DarkSaint85
You'd have to spend a fortune on haircuts and razors.

StyleTime

Fortunately, I have no imperfections and all my organs are still here.

But seriously, I'm still deciding on a power. I just didn't like the idea that a healing factor means you're suddenly being shot at 24/7. I think the Mystique pick is a decent pick. It's easy to stay hidden.

Beyond the healing factor's pain stuff, I always wondered, in the off chance you do get suffer some serious injury....then heal right in front of everyone, what happens then? Paramedics pull you from some crazy car wreck, and your wounds just disappear. Or I become a pro athlete, the temptation is too much for me, and heal a broken arm on national tv. Will people just chalk it up to a modern miracle, or will I be under some serious scrutiny? Slim chances I know, but just some stuff I was thinking over.

And eventually the government will notice there is some 250 year old man walking around still looking sexy as hell.

StiltmanFTW
Fortunately, I have no imperfections and all my organs are still here.

No imperfections that you know about, you mean. Relatively speaking, you're still an average Joe... a healing factor of Wolverine's calibre would find tons of things to fix.

Beyond the pain stuff, I always wondered, in the off chance you do get suffer some serious injury....then heal right in front of everyone, what happens then? Paramedics pull you from some crazy car wreck, and your wounds just disappear. Or I become a pro athlete, the temptation is too much for me, and heal a broken arm on national tv. Will people just chalk it up to a modern miracle, or will I be under some serious scrutiny? Slim chances I know, but just some stuff I was thinking over.

And eventually the government will notice there is some 250 year old man walking around still looking sexy as hell.

Yes, as other KMCers said in other threads, there's a great chance of getting captured and experimented on... for long years or even forever.

That's why I'd start killing folks as soon as possible biscuits Better to strike first.

DarkSaint85
No imperfections that you know about, you mean. Relatively speaking, you're still an average Joe... a healing factor of Wolverine's calibre would find tons of things to fix.

Yes, as other KMCers said in other threads, there's a great chance of getting captured and experimented on... for long years or even forever.

That's why I'd start killing folks as soon as possible biscuits Better to strike first.

If so, and your powers are at full power, pick Kitty

And accidentally phase the entire Earth, or at least, a large chunk of it.

StiltmanFTW
I like the way you think...

http://68.media.tumblr.com/b34b4edd55d1314dd53a28e527d54882/tumblr_mv6druHJlk1sodsvpo1_500.gif

DarkSaint85
From what I understand, phasing dense materials taxes her.

Imagine if all that power was devoted to phasing something as light as......say, the atmosphere. You'd be able to phase a huge area.

The resulting vacuum would pop everyone in it's 'blast radius' like a spot.

Flyattractor

If you have a HF you wouldn't need to have your apex removed. It would heal and work just fine. And pretty much the rest of what ou said is kinda crap put into Little Jimmy stories just to add needles melodrama to make Little Jimmy "More Interesting" because fans nowadays can't CARE about someone unless their lives are bigger steaming piles of shit then theirs are.

And boy is Little Jimmie's life a BIG PILE O STEAMING SHIT!

psycho gundam

Your choices are...

Colossus
Nightcrawler
Wolverine
Beast Boy
Mystique
Gambit
Kitty Pride
Cyclops (you receive a pair of visors) Kitty's and it's not even really debatable how much better her powers are, even as displayed as an untrained 13 year old showing up for the 1st time at the Xavier estate

StiltmanFTW
If you have a HF you wouldn't need to have your apex removed. It would heal and work just fine.

https://media.giphy.com/media/vkbfsVHULOyR2/giphy.gif

Flyattractor
https://media.giphy.com/media/52ZFADsr51zBm/giphy.gif

Khazra Reborn
Wolverine's powers would be pretty fun to have, as far as Earth bound heroes go. It'd be pretty easy to monetize that shit now a days.

Galan007
Beast Boy. thumb up

http://i.imgur.com/cusH6NN.png

emu
If you have a HF you wouldn't need to have your apex removed. It would heal and work just fine. And pretty much the rest of what ou said is kinda crap put into Little Jimmy stories just to add needles melodrama to make Little Jimmy "More Interesting" because fans nowadays can't CARE about someone unless their lives are bigger steaming piles of shit then theirs are.

And boy is Little Jimmie's life a BIG PILE O STEAMING SHIT! Real hate is hating a character you know.

Your hate is weak thumb up

cdtm
How is Kitty at phasing into stuff like Adamantium and Cap's shield anyways?

Is there anything so dense she can't phase into it?

psycho gundam
Wouldn't even matter in this world but she did phase through a mile of the Breakworld bullet that is some super dense material, then she phased the entire thing as it passed through the Earth. The bullet is almost completely solid metal and about the size of Times square

Damborgson
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
Wolverine's powers would be pretty fun to have, as far as Earth bound heroes go. It'd be pretty easy to monetize that shit now a days.

Word. I'd go straight into boxing after some training.

Bentley
Originally posted by Galan007
Beast Boy. thumb up

http://i.imgur.com/cusH6NN.png

This.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by psycho gundam
Wouldn't even matter in this world but she did phase through a mile of the Breakworld bullet that is some super dense material, then she phased the entire thing as it passed through the Earth. The bullet is almost completely solid metal and about the size of Times square

About 10 miles square, iirc. Or something like that, may have be ten miles long.

Regardless, if density is what taxes her, something as light as the atmosphere would be nothing. The area would be Time Square....squared.

If the air around you was to suddenly become immaterial, the air pressure inside your lungs would burst you from the inside.

Pop pop!

Flyattractor
That is a good point. How many on this list would not be able to survive if they suddenly found themselves IN THE REAL World?

psycho gundam
About 10 miles square, iirc. Or something like that, may have be ten miles long.

Regardless, if density is what taxes her, something as light as the atmosphere would be nothing. The area would be Time Square....squared.

If the air around you was to suddenly become immaterial, the air pressure inside your lungs would burst you from the inside.

Pop pop! It was the metal's properties that made her feel awful, some kind of nausea feeling as if she was poisoned. Nothing to do with density

Kitty never turned the air around her immaterial IIRC, since day 1 it was used to propel her as a wraith. She can't breath while phased as well. I presume the air in her lungs pre-phasing is treated like her clothes

darthgoober
Originally posted by cdtm
How is Kitty at phasing into stuff like Adamantium and Cap's shield anyways?

Is there anything so dense she can't phase into it?
I'm not sure how she doesn't nowadays, but she's had trouble phasing through adamantium in the past. Not that she was unable to do it, but it caused her a lot of pain when she did.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.