What are the best punchfests in comics?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jake2TheJakenin
Screw it.

I know you're going to make fun of me anyway, but I don't care, I just want to see the most brutal and basic H2H fights in all of comics.

-Pr-
Death of Superman is probably my favourite. It's not just well-drawn, but it's also well-written, ramping up in intensity as the story progresses.

It's a masterclass in how to portray a slugfest with real, tangible stakes imo.

celeyhyga17
thumb up

It's definitely right up there puchfestwise... It even ended with a punch to a double ko, to the death.

StiltmanFTW
Supes died (for a while at least), can't get better than that.

DarkSaint85
Best is such a subjective term.

Do we judge in terms of damage?

Story importance?

Deaths?

Sexual arousal?

So many criteria.,....

celeyhyga17
All of the above foo!!

carver9
Really enjoyed the Rulk vs Doc Green fight.

Galan007
Hunter Zolomon and Eobard Thawne vs. the Flash Family. smile

TethAdamTheRock
World War Hulk Vs Juggernaut
Thor Vs Superman
Luke Cage Vs Spiderman
Beast Vs Sabertooth

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Jake2TheJakenin
Screw it.

I know you're going to make fun of me anyway, but I don't care, I just want to see the most brutal and basic H2H fights in all of comics.

Anything invincible. Moonknight vs Bushman. Black Bolt vs Skrull, bolt vs vulcan, supreme v gladiator, hulk/logan/wendigo, majestic v spartan, parker v morlun, cap v crossbones, spawn v violator, supes kc shazan, supes v darkseid (supergirl), tony v stane, avengers v k.i.ia, sinestro v mongul, punisher v russian, batman v jpv

Rao Kal El
Death of Superman will be the #1 logical reason as they dedicated complete issues to it going from 4 panels to single panels. The art by Bogdanove was on my opinion one of the best, Tom Grummet and Jurgens did also a great job, but Bogdanove was my favorite artist for that saga.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/7d/cd/ed/7dcded4e9371519a99d3800985952221.jpg

cdtm
Superman vs Doomsday tops any list thumb up

Lobo vs Vril Dox is another great one from DC.

Invincible vs Omni-Man and Vanquish are up there.

Iron Fist vs Iron Fist Killer was simply a knock down, drag out brawl, by Danny's design.

Transformers has a lot of really good brawls, at least on the UK end, and almost always involving Galvatron..

Transformers: Regeneration One had the epic final brawl between Optimus Prime and Megatron.

staxamillion
idk if it counts but spider-man got the brakes beat off of him by colossus and magik in AvX

Juntai
Originally posted by -Pr-
Death of Superman is probably my favourite. It's not just well-drawn, but it's also well-written, ramping up in intensity as the story progresses.

It's a masterclass in how to portray a slugfest with real, tangible stakes imo. thumb up

I'm often harsh in critique of Jurgens, but man, when he's on, he's on.

cdtm
Originally posted by carver9
Really enjoyed the Rulk vs Doc Green fight.

And I enjoyed the Hulk vs Sentry fight.

From Sentry's mini series. smile

Khazra Reborn
The only correct answer is Invincible vs Conquest. Thragg vs. Battle Beast would be up there if it were one contiguous fight, and not broken up into single splash pages over several issues.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.