Ant-Man and The Wasp (2018)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
Paul Rudd is back....of course

along with Evangeline Lilly, Michael Douglas and Michael Pena

KILLJOYS actress Hannah John-Kamen has landed a lead role for the sequel

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/hannah-john-kamen-given-a-key-role-in-marvel-s-ant-man-and-the-wasp-784?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

BruceSkywalker
looking forward to seeing this

riv6672
^^^Same.
That costume looks hella cool.

Kazenji
Reading Peyton Reed could be teasing some news on his Instagram for this movie.

Kazenji
Randall Park cast as SHIELD agent Jimmy Woo

http://www.tracking-board.com/randall-park-to-play-shield-agent-jimmy-woo-in-marvels-ant-man-and-the-wasp/

Darth Thor
^ Ah yes because SHIELD is officially back in the public eye after the latest season of AOS.

Kazenji
For SHIELD agents i'm waiting for them to put Valentina Allegra in the MCU.

Dr Will Hatch
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/ant-man-wasp-casts-michelle-pfeiffer-laurence-fishburne-at-comic-con-1023664

'Ant-Man and the Wasp' Casts Michelle Pfeiffer and Laurence Fishburne

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/ant-man-wasp-casts-michelle-pfeiffer-laurence-fishburne-at-comic-con-1023664

'Ant-Man and the Wasp' Casts Michelle Pfeiffer and Laurence Fishburne

2 good choices, imo

marwash22
https://i.imgur.com/7XkTXRA.jpg

riv6672
^^^had that as my WP a few weeks ago.

Flyattractor
Ant Man was great, hope the 2nd is just as good. Ant Man was one of the best parts of Civil War.

Inhuman
8_rTIAOohas

TethAdamTheRock
What MCU cameos are gonna be in this

carthage
Looks good
The shrinking visuals are well done and I chucked when that guy shrunk the skyscraper.

Robtard
Looks fun like the first, so really looking forward to this.

Liked the microscopic scene with the tardigrades

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Inhuman
8_rTIAOohas

looks like fun..

Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock

go and find out big grin

Impediment
Looks damn good! Ant-Man was such an underrated movie.

riv6672
Originally posted by Impediment
Yeah, but it was a great example of an MCU movie. Action adventure drama comedy great casting superb SFX...
Looks like they're amping all those elements for the sequel going by that trailer!

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by Kazenji
Paul Rudd is back....of course

along with Evangeline Lilly, Michael Douglas and Michael Pena

KILLJOYS actress Hannah John-Kamen has landed a lead role for the sequel

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/hannah-john-kamen-given-a-key-role-in-marvel-s-ant-man-and-the-wasp-784?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

IDK.....I don't have such a high expectations for this one....Which is surprisingly after considering how much i liked Ant Man.

Is just that i don't want to have high expectations on any marvel movie after Infinity War.

I mean, look what happened after The Force Awakens. We all had high expectations....then TLJ came out...

Josh_Alexander

IK pretty much like Guardians of the Galaxy. Then they punch us all in the eyes.

I really do hope Ant Man and the Wasp to be even better than the original movie.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock

Spider Man? I think Spider Man would be cool.

Considering both characters are quite immature, it should make a very comical movie.

Inhuman
UpPx7E27Bc8

Patient_Leech
The trailer does very little for me except the quick shots of Laurence Fishburne and the tardigrades. It needs a lot more of those two things.

(Oh, and maybe Evangeline Lilly getting naked)

Robtard
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
The trailer does very little for me except the quick shots of Laurence Fishburne and the tardigrades. It needs a lot more of those two things.

(Oh, and maybe Evangeline Lilly getting naked)

I heard that Lawrence Fishburne's character acidentally morphs with a tardigrade in some shrinking/growing mishap and becomes a tardigrade-powered superhero.

Here's a leaked pic of the newly morphed tard superhero in Pym's laboratory.

https://i.imgur.com/SZuPiQK.png

Keep it on the downlow.

Patient_Leech
^

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/500x/37832161/not-sure-if-serious-or-sarcasm.jpg

Totally hope you're serious, though.

Robtard
100% BS, it's a pic from Star Trek: Discovery and their space tardigrade.

But yeah, the idea of a 'tardigrade-powered superhero' is probably the best idea ever to superhero flicks.

Patient_Leech
That's a cruel game you play, tard. Cruel indeed. For a split second you got my hopes up.

Robtard
This hero would have nigh unlimited power, able to survive in outer space, volcanoes, ice shelves, nuclear meltdowns etc.

On a serious noted, read awhile back that they're using tard DNA and proteins to possibly make human cells more radiation resistant. Crops too, for future deep space travels.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander

I mean, look what happened after The Force Awakens. We all had high expectations....then TLJ came out...

Yeah well that's your opinion on TLJ

i felt that film was good, An improvement on Episode 7

As for this movie, Looking forward to it.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by Kazenji
Yeah well that's your opinion on TLJ

i felt that film was good, An improvement on Episode 7

As for this movie, Looking forward to it.

You are entitled to your opinion. However most fans would and ratings disagree with you.

Kazenji
However most fans would and ratings disagree with you.

Yeah well.....that's their problem.

riv6672
^^^nooice.

BruceSkywalker
You are entitled to your opinion. However most fans would and ratings disagree with you.

aren't you aware that what rotten tomatoes says and audience score doesn;t mean anything???

anyways this sequel looks like a lot of fun

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
aren't you aware that what rotten tomatoes says and audience score doesn;t mean anything???

anyways this sequel looks like a lot of fun

Are you aware that The Force Awakens beats the crap out of TLJ both critics wise and in Box Office results?

And what about IMDb, Forbes, and all the many other webpaged which also trashed the movie? They dont count neither? You are beginning to sounf like Quanchi.

Yeah, me too.

Flyattractor
I hope they make Wasp like she was in the EMH Cartoon. Not like the SJW Princess she is in the comics.

jaden101
Wonder if he ever gets his orange slices.

Darth Thor

I agree with him. TFA was the disappointment for me. TLJ got back on the right track.

As for this trailer, I proper LOLd at the banter between Lang and Pym.

tkitna
It would be cool if the Wasp was shown to have several different costumes in the closet. Nice little perk to the comics.

Kazenji
https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4624/39114247455_73e10c51ee_b.jpg

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by Darth Thor
I agree with him. TFA was the disappointment for me. TLJ got back on the right track.

As for this trailer, I proper LOLd at the banter between Lang and Pym.

Again, not according to ratings and box office.

A disappointment? Why? I didn't expected more from a movie which is set to introduce a trilogy.

Samething happened when i went to watch Guardians of the Galaxy, or Iron Man, or Thor, or Ant Man.

You never carry high expects for opening movies.

Kazenji
Could you take your bs elsewhere and stay on topic.

BruceSkywalker
Are you aware that The Force Awakens beats the crap out of TLJ both critics wise and in Box Office results?

And what about IMDb, Forbes, and all the many other webpaged which also trashed the movie? They dont count neither? You are beginning to sounf like Quanchi.

Yeah, me too.

yet both force awakes and last jedi are financially successful.. yet people all over the world have embraced Star Wars and like what they have seen... Just coz some folks didn;t like it will not tarnish those that did..

IMDB is trash. Forbes is trash.. listen josh, you can say all you want, however that will not change the fact that the millions, if not billions of moviegoers out there STILL LIKED WHAT THEY SAW.. The only one true way to gauge movies are the people that actually see them. I do not care what IMDB says.. I do nto care what FORBES says.. They do not tell me what film to go see.. They do not tell me what film to not see.

Anyways get back on topic... I had low expectations when I saw the first Antman and that turned out to be surprisingly good. This trailer was very nice and the action loks like it might be good.. Not sure how I fell about the actress okaying Ghost though

Flyattractor
Blah Blah Blah I worship Money Blah Blah Blah

Yep nice to know.

Josh_Alexander
yet both force awakes and last jedi are financially successful.. yet people all over the world have embraced Star Wars and like what they have seen... Just coz some folks didn;t like it will not tarnish those that did..

IMDB is trash. Forbes is trash.. listen josh, you can say all you want, however that will not change the fact that the millions, if not billions of moviegoers out there STILL LIKED WHAT THEY SAW.. The only one true way to gauge movies are the people that actually see them. I do not care what IMDB says.. I do nto care what FORBES says.. They do not tell me what film to go see.. They do not tell me what film to not see.

Anyways get back on topic... I had low expectations when I saw the first Antman and that turned out to be surprisingly good. This trailer was very nice and the action loks like it might be good.. Not sure how I fell about the actress okaying Ghost though

Thats not the point here is it!??? The point is TFA 》》》》 TLJ. You can whimp all you want it wont change the facts!

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Next thing youre gonna say is that Internet is trash!

Again, data DISAGREES with you and Quanchi and the other ignorant fans.

But again your opinion is respected.

Darth Thor
The point is TFA 》》》》 TLJ.

Thats like your opinion.

BruceSkywalker
Thats not the point here is it!??? The point is TFA 》》》》 TLJ. You can whimp all you want it wont change the facts!

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Next thing youre gonna say is that Internet is trash!

Again, data DISAGREES with you and Quanchi and the other ignorant fans.

But again your opinion is respected.

dude nothing for me to whimp at.. I love Star Wars. Have since 1977.. I loved Force Awakens as I saw it in the theater nearly 10 times and constantly watch my blu ray and everytime the STARZ Channel brings it on. I love Last Jedi just as much as I saw in the theater 8 times and will be buying at least 5 copies on blu ray.

Dude, the internet is full is ignorance from message boards to facebook.. What data exactly?? Again nobody truly cares about IMDB, Metacritic, etc except those that canot actually think for themsleves. Like I said, you have got to make up your own mind and judge for yourself...

anyways, i am hopefu; Hannah Mark Kamen changing my mind and she is good in her role in the film

Inhuman
UUkn-enk2RU

Estacado
Looks much better than the 1st.

TheVaultDweller
UUkn-enk2RU

That looks like a lot of fun. And yes, I am going to say it. Laurence Fishburne moved to the better universe. stick out tongue

BruceSkywalker
UUkn-enk2RU

looks really good

Darth Thor
Man why couldnt the Iron Man movies have had such cool villains?

I mean Ghost is originally an Iron Man Villain.

StiltmanFTW
I loved Stane, tbh.

Whiplash/Dynamo combo and the whole Mandarin thing obviously didn't work out, though. Not to mention young Justin Hammer. And the parody of Extremis. Eric Savin, wtf? Why not Mallen...

Sigh sad

Kazenji
I would've like to have seen Fing Fang Foom in the Iron Man films

still waiting on Kevin Fiege to have the real Mandarin make his appearance after they fixed it up with the One-shot.

riv6672
FFF would be HELLA dope.

carthage
Oh man looks like a lot of fun lol

Kazenji
The movie is getting released a whole month later in the UK than the rest of the world, Marvel wants to avoid the 2018 World Cup.

steverules_2

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
I loved Stane, tbh.

Whiplash/Dynamo combo and the whole Mandarin thing obviously didn't work out, though. Not to mention young Justin Hammer. And the parody of Extremis. Eric Savin, wtf? Why not Mallen...

Sigh sad Yah. Stane was great. Im 2 and 3 villains though not so much.

Inhuman
Fun movie. Michelle Pfeiffer still looks great.
That mid credit scene though.

dynamix
dope movie! lots of fun and paul rudd did his thing as expected. michael douglas was awesome. overall fun summer movie.

celeyhyga17
Gud movie. Better than first. Hope was looking hot.

carthage

BruceSkywalker
this is a good fun film.. pretty good laughs...

liked how Ghost wasn't really a villain per se..Also liked hearing Hannah's actual natural voice

overall the story was decent. good action though.. not one of Marvel's best but still highly entertaining. i'd give this 8/10

carthage
Liking Hope so far

SpaceMonkey
I saw it last night. Very entertaining. Ghost was cool. The acting (Douglas, Fishburne) was very good.

TheVaultDweller
I'm going to go watch this today. I really liked the first one, so I am hoping this will be good.

carthage
Hope was badass
She was spamming those discs like it was going out of style

TheVaultDweller
Just got back from this. I thought it was a lot of fun. It was definitely a good idea to have this be the next film after Infinity War. And I have to mention that a surprise standout was Randall Park as Jimmy Woo. He had me chuckling throughout most of his scenes.

Mid-credits scene was a bit weird though. I am assuming the rest of them vanishing is because of being erased by Thanos, but it makes me wonder what they were doing that they could be acting so happy and carefree while the world is being attacked by aliens.

Scott's new suit is kind of balls though. The thing was glitching throughout the movie. But I am assuming it was fixed before they sent him into the quantum realm at the end.

Impediment
Concerning that mid-credits scene:

They disintegrated/died because the film was happening during the events of Avengers: Infinity War. The battle in Wakanda happened, Thor hurled Stormbreaker into Thanos' chest, Thanos snapped his fingers, and half of the universe died. The invasion of Thanos' army was, most likely, self contained from the rest of the planet and wasn't televised to the public.

I had to explain the ending to my wife and a few other people. It's like people don't pay attention to continuity.

All in all, it was a fun movie. 8/10

TheVaultDweller
Yeah, I got that bit. It was just kind of weird how totally unconcerned they were. Because it's not like it happened out of nowhere. In Infinity War (as well as the last 2 episodes of the last season of Agents of SHIELD), we see that the initial attack on New York was broadcast all over the world. Wanda and Vision still saw it on the one broadcast IIRC. So, surely they had to know at least something was going on. Yet they were acting like it was just another day.

That's the part I found weird.

BruceSkywalker

They disintegrated/died because the film was happening during the events of Avengers: Infinity War. The battle in Wakanda happened, Thor hurled Stormbreaker into Thanos' chest, Thanos snapped his fingers, and half of the universe died. The invasion of Thanos' army was, most likely, self contained from the rest of the planet and wasn't televised to the public.

I had to explain the ending to my wife and a few other people. It's like people don't pay attention to continuity.

so you had to explain it to Fly huh... lol

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
I'm going to go watch this today. I really liked the first one, so I am hoping this will be good.

You will have "Hope" big grin

Flyattractor
so you had to explain it to Fly huh... lol

You will have "Hope" big grin

So you admit to being a Homophobic AssHat?

Why am I not surprised?

dynamix

TheVaultDweller
Eh, I liked Randall Park's character. I found the awkwardness amusing in and of itself. I think that was the whole point of the character. He was supposed to be this awkward, cheesy, kind of oblivious guy. Hence why even Scott's extremely sarcastic "you're great with children" comment just bounced right off him.

Another thing I found amusing was the little joke where they poke fun at the standard MCU disguise (hat and sunglasses), which people like Cap and others have utilised at various points in the past.

Robtard

You should have cock slapped them.

CPT Space Bomb
I enjoyed this film quite a bit. Not sure if I enjoyed it quite as much as the first one, but it's at least around even. Had a few problems but for the most part it was just a fun and well made comic film. Paul Rudd's character continues to just be a likeable dude who you want to see win. Evangeline Lilly's character-Hope, is also REALLY well done here. She is a great addition to the MCU proper. Ghost was hit and miss for me. Didn't go the direction I thought they would but I was happy with the outcome overall. Honestly most of my issues come in the beginning of the film but when it gets going it has a great pace and really flies by.

All in all I'd give it an 8/10.

TheVaultDweller
The MCU has been killing it this year. Both Black Panther and Infinity War raked in a ton of cash and, while I sincerely doubt this film will come close to those other numbers, it still seems set to bring in a decent cash haul as well.

Adam Grimes
8.5/10 one of the best films of the MCU just a notch below IW/GotG/ and WS.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
8.5/10 one of the best films of the MCU just a notch below IW/GotG/ and WS.

wut

Seriously?

Haven't seen it yet.

Dr Will Hatch
I finally got to see this today. Based on the relative lack of hype compared to Black Panther and Infinity War, I didn't know if AM&TW was any good or not going in, but honestly, this movie freaking ruled. I loved it. It was funny, it was sweet, and it was very, very creative with the size changing shenanigans. Scott Lang is truly the World's Best Grandma.

quanchi112

StiltmanFTW
Good film.

Loved the middle-credits scene.

HulkIsHulk
Hopefully Scott stays there for keeps. That would be a change

BackFire
Finally got around to seeing this.

Enjoyed it a lot. Pretty much on par with the first, but with a better villain and more interesting character interactions.

In fact I think Ghost is one of the best Marvel villains to date. Did a good job with her.

DarthPlaguis12
Getting it on blu Ray next week I believe.

tkitna
Just watched it a few minutes ago. I liked it. I thought Ghost was really cool and it was a fun watch.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.