Who still enjoys Star Wars debating?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Azronger
It is no secret that KMC is dying. But I wonder if there are any people who still like to actively debate Star Wars versus or other topics.

Zenwolf
Not really cause it's either using composite Canon or just Disney Canon which I'm not really following aside from the few comics that I found interesting.

UCanShootMyNova
I'm making an RT for an OUAT character called "Rumplestiltskin" and am rereading an old favorite of mine, "Wheel of Time" to get a better handle on their general ability level.

The guys over at Spacebattles like to claim Rand can form thousands of weaves in seconds due to creating this huge storm. ( They claim each lightning bolt was formed by an individual weave ) that's bullshit because we've seen Rand create a storm that incinerated the Darkspawn with lightning bolts using a singular weave.

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
The guys over at Spacebattles like to claim Rand can form thousands of weaves in seconds due to creating this huge storm. ( They claim each lightning bolt was formed by an individual weave ) that's bullshit because we've seen Rand create a storm that incinerated the Darkspawn with lightning bolts using a singular weave.

This isn't Dragon Age you fegit.

Beniboybling
i hate it.

Azronger
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Not really cause it's either using composite Canon or just Disney Canon which I'm not really following aside from the few comics that I found interesting.

You can use Legends just fine lol.

FreshestSlice
Except it's become essentially ground to dust. No one likes talking about the same thing over and over again forever besides scholars and historians. Star Wars doesn't exactly inspire that kind of commitment.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Azronger
You can use Legends just fine lol.

In Composite Canon? Sure I could, but if it's using characters that are strictly Canon then I don't see the point in doing so because they wouldn't benefit from that Canon to begin with. Which yes, I realize composite Canon would enable them to do so, but for me? Yeah no, if they weren't in Legends, they aren't getting that info, period.

Now if they were both Legends, then yeah I could, but then people bring up Canon feats which since according to rules the New Canon would override the old, then it makes having Legends pointless involved because the new Canon would just come first.

Even then I don't see the point in bringing up Canon, since Legends is far more fleshed out compared to Legends, so having composite Canon when using two Legends characters in the match seems pointless, when Legends has a 30+ year headstart compared to the Disney Canon which started what...3 years ago?

If one was from Legends and one from Canon, yeah...again no, see 1st point.

In short, there's just a bunch of headaches for me in trying to do Composite Canon. It's either Legends, or nothing at all.

TheMuser
Honestly, SW debating does have a half life for me tbh, although so does all fictional debating in one form or another.

carthage
Been getting more into Marvel/DC stuff but I still keep up with the mainline Star Wars comic, Aphra, Darth vader/Maul, and will probably at some point read Lost Star/Thrawn

NewGuy01
So, roughly 10% it looks like.

|King Joker|
why are we still on here then

NewGuy01
Habit.

Azronger
It appears I and Muser or someone else who voted yes are the only ones who still enjoy this hobby. I unfortunately came late to the party into an era where Star Wars debating was way past it's prime and a year later it's almost completely nonexistent at least on KMC. It's a shame, really. But if anyone's interested in a 1v1, I'll gladly agree to it (depending on what the debate is about, obviously) smile

DarthDuelist9
The SW debating was great a couple years ago but since people like Silver and ILS left, Ant and DMB became far less active and there aren't people filling that gap so it's quite logical things go downward.

NewGuy01
Silver? Silver's been gone for half a decade, and even when he was around it wasn't on KMC. KMC was already bleeding out by the time ILS joined, also.

|King Joker|
Yeah, I'd say 2014 was when it really started its decline.

deathslash
I still enjoy the odd star wars debate when I have the time.

DarthDuelist9
Yeah well I started with CV where Silver was still active from time to time, only joined KMC later on.

Rockydonovang
I'm relatively new so it's still alright.

Fated Xtasy
Most of the debating on here is bullshit.

Darth Thor
Too much trolling here nowadays and hardly any interesting SW debates.

Rockydonovang
Honestly, people tend to overblown how bad stuff are. Yea some old greats left, but there's been new blood, folks like sentinel, emperor, muser, lord of the light are rising up to fill the void.

Off course these are conivine folks, kmc's another story

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Darth Thor

Truth.

MythLord
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
Honestly, people tend to overblown how bad stuff are. Yea some old greats left, but there's been new blood, folks like sentinel, emperor, muser, lord of the light are rising up to fill the void.

Off course these are conivine folks, kmc's another story

ComicVine is also dying with regards to Star Wars. Lord Of Light and Sentinel aren't really as active as they used to be, and the Muser rarely ever forms an argument besides the odd times where he decides he doesn't know where to put capitals.

DarthDuelist9
True, it seems KMC and CV needs a couple of people who are actually dedicated to the forum.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by MythLord
ComicVine is also dying with regards to Star Wars. Lord Of Light and Sentinel aren't really as active as they used to be, and the Muser rarely ever forms an argument besides the odd times where he decides he doesn't know where to put capitals.
It's alright, erkan and sith master will return cv to it's original greatness

YousufKhan1212
No, especially with the really popular characters.

MythLord
The problem isn't more people, the problem is the level of enthusiasm or care people put into this. Most of the debaters here are arrogant, self-rightous cucks who dismiss other people's opinions because they already have their fanon hierarchy set in stone, thus debating only proves your patience with regards to running in circles.

And the SW franchise is mostly dying. The stories are getting repetative and bland; most of them are just trying to wank certain fan-favourites and pull off fan-service of other kind. Any form of interesting stuff that might develope from it has been used up for the most part.

Really, I'm only looking forwards to episode VIII and IX, then I'll prolly just quit Star Wars altogether aside from the odd comic or novel.

Deronn_solo
It's pretty terrible, yeah.

I pop in from time time to test my prowess and see if I still "have it". Other than that, it' no fun for me. Too much bias and laem trolling.

darthbane77
I enjoy it still, generally.

Azronger
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
It's pretty terrible, yeah.

I pop in from time time to test my prowess and see if I still "have it". Other than that, it' no fun for me. Too much bias and laem trolling.

Then test your prowess and finish your debate with me smile

Zenwolf
The problem isn't more people, the problem is the level of enthusiasm or care people put into this. Most of the debaters here are arrogant, self-rightous cucks who dismiss other people's opinions because they already have their fanon hierarchy set in stone, thus debating only proves your patience with regards to running in circles.

And the SW franchise is mostly dying. The stories are getting repetative and bland; most of them are just trying to wank certain fan-favourites and pull off fan-service of other kind. Any form of interesting stuff that might develope from it has been used up for the most part.

Really, I'm only looking forwards to episode VIII and IX, then I'll prolly just quit Star Wars altogether aside from the odd comic or novel.

I can agree with that first sentence, the 2nd one...eh not everyone though many do.

Your 2nd paragraph I can agree there, though I'd wager when the new trilogy is done there might be more interesting avenues that focus can be directed towards. As of now...eh, the comics have been....meh, dunno on the novels though.

Of course even before the overhaul there was also a lot of meh stories(though frankly I've enjoyed all the stories I've read), though I suppose not as really noted since the old Canon had some 30+ year buildup so the stories weren't discussed when released by the time the internet came into full swing.

Stealth Moose

Debating SW was always about endurance, because rarely did people ever give ground here. It's easier to find people agreeing on shit in gen chat, which is a hotbed of political and religious drama than SWVF.

Revanchiste
I still do I just try to find relevant subject.

toplel
ya'll **** still enjoy shitposting tho lol idgi

toplel
i proudly hold myself responsible for at least some of this forum's death

Revanchiste
Originally posted by Beniboybling
i hate it.

SO WTF ARE YOU F-ING DOING THERE? get out.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I'm bout to start arguing for TOR again. Because most of these debates are boring as all **** without it.

Azronger
Ah yes, you said your SW boner was back. Wanna do a 1v1?

DarthAnt66
Not me.

thesithmaster
Some debates really suck.
But overall, I don't think there's a problem.

YousufKhan1212
Star Wars debating is sometimes like "Love Island" tbh, but there's no relationships.

UCanShootMyNova
Not true. There's Fated and Aurbere.

And Joker and all bi ( curious )/gay males.

MythLord
Like you.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
Not true. There's Fated and Aurbere.

And Joker and all bi ( curious )/gay males. ugg gay

YousufKhan1212
Love Island is still better than Star Wars debating though.

UCanShootMyNova
Like you.

Ye.

Darth Demenos
Originally posted by Darth Thor
i agree. That is one thing that keeps me from participating on KMC, even though i was never a big player on here anyway. But you couldnt debate discuss with hardly anyone.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.