Manchester Black Vs Etrigan the Demon

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/cd/8b/7f/cd8b7fa86b3f3c90bc7925162c6e2d04.jpg

No prep.
No BFR.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/46/67/ec/4667ecb110e5918d37b85f4e825e01e7.jpg

Surtur
I think Black should win unless Etrigan has some powerful mental defenses.

riv6672
Nothing?
Flipping a coin, coin says etrigan.

Philosophía
Black crushes him.

DarkSaint85
From reading Superman 24, it seemed to me that Chester is the same from pre 52....

Philosophía
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
From reading Superman 24, it seemed to me that Chester is the same from pre 52.... He is. Pre-Flashpoint is now in continuity and lives alongside most of what happened in New 52 in a bigger timeframe.

leonidas
obviously it totally depends on how etrigan fares vs telepaths. not sure to be honest. it seems dc guys have a lot fewer showings against tp users. guess it's because marvel is so loaded with them but finding really good showings for dc characters is, in general, a lot more challenging. i know he's been controlled a couple times, but those were through magical means. magic beings like the demon typically have much better tp resistance than normal characters but without some feats to back it up impossible to say how this goes.

if it's just tk vs etrigan i'd say black could def hold his own but i might take the demon--he has some CRAZY durability feats. add in the tp? again, impossible to say without showings. could be a total stomp for black. /shrug

riv6672
Thanks, Leo, that was worth the wait. thumb up

leonidas
not much to really go on. etrigan's magic can be a bit plot devicey, and he's def strong enough to hang with black if it's just tk. his durability should protect against most of black's shenanigans (messing with his body internally, etc...) but that tp? etrigan has beat the hell out of morgan le fay, who can easily control people, but....not sure if her magic-based tp is something different from black's, so.... yeah. /shrug

beatboks
Originally posted by leonidas
not much to really go on. etrigan's magic can be a bit plot devicey, and he's def strong enough to hang with black if it's just tk. his durability should protect against most of black's shenanigans (messing with his body internally, etc...) but that tp? etrigan has beat the hell out of morgan le fay, who can easily control people, but....not sure if her magic-based tp is something different from black's, so.... yeah. /shrug

By the same token Mogan Le Fay also co trolled Etrigan and used him as a pawn to fight Wonder Woman and Phantom Stranger. To be completely fair she did the same thing to Arion and he has some pretty decent TP feats even during his depowered periods. Of course he's also been possessed by Mordru and his brother so not really a good track record vs possession.

I cant recall in that story if PS and WW freed etrigan or if he overcame Morgan's control on his own. I'll see if I can find it

riv6672
^^^hope you do. Sounds interesting.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.