Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
Really?... NO Threads for this yet?

Kingdom Come: Deliverance is an upcoming role-playing video game in development by Warhorse Studios and to be co-published by Deep Silver. It is set in the medieval Kingdom of Bohemia, an Imperial State of the Holy Roman Empire, with a focus on historically accurate and realistic content. The game is scheduled for release in February 2018 for Microsoft Windows. PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions have been confirmed as well.

Kingdom Come: Deliverance will be a single-player experience with branching quest lines and a highly interactive world encouraging emergent gameplay. Kingdom Come will feature period-accurate armor and clothing, combat techniques, and real-world castles recreated with the assistance of architects and historians. The game will also contain period music recorded by Czech masters, taken note for note from medieval song books.

Trailer:

ZOkd-Lmmcb4

SVqWnFUN3Ks

Gameplay:

zX9iMAzGUbY

tafARqQtCek

LB4nc1oxQHk

EGPFOrc-x48

-VE4v4v3o7w

First Impressions/Beta Reviews:

W6Bp9fkplNo

6wb9gu5Sft0

Jmanghan
If anyone wants to try/get this game as is, you can do so here: https://www.kingdomcomerpg.com/en/get-the-game

Jmanghan
But anyway, everyone should be interested in this game, because its going to better then Skyrim from what I've seen, it looks amazing.

Smasandian
I was very interested in this game a couple of years ago. I thought it's neat to have a realistic take on a medieval setting.

However, every gameplay video I have seen is underwhelming. That combat does not look fun at all and the voice acting is horrific. For a realistic game, I would think hitting somebody in the face with a sword would cave it in. The combat should be one or two hits and that's it. Meh.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Smasandian
I was very interested in this game a couple of years ago. I thought it's neat to have a realistic take on a medieval setting.

However, every gameplay video I have seen is underwhelming. That combat does not look fun at all and the voice acting is horrific. For a realistic game, I would think hitting somebody in the face with a sword would cave it in. The combat should be one or two hits and that's it. Meh. Thats not how armor works, to give it in, you'd need to use half-swording, and even then it wouldn't work all that well in terms of caving it in.

The stuff you see in movies is mostly garbage, it is literally impossible to cave in something like a breastplate unless you're using something blunt, like a VERY big and heavy warhammer.

You go for the joints or tire your opponent out.

Also, the combat looks funner to me then something like Chivalry or Dark Souls.

Your average longsword would have no effect at all on breastplate, even if you're using the biggest sword ever used in combat.

The reason Bushido Blade used 1 or 2 hits was because everyone was wearing robe, and not steel plate or iron plate.

You have to know how realistic combat would work to get the most out of the game, people content with a quick battle won't have fun using this combat.

Smasandian
Please don't pretend you know anything regarding medieval combat.

I'm not talking on hitting a breastplate, I'm talking about hitting the guy directly in the face. As well, other enemy encounters had the player hitting non-armoured players in exposed areas with a sword and nothing was happening.

The combat should be visceral and not "bullet" spongy. Yes, if you are fighting a character in full metal armour then it should take a few hits at exposed areas like the joints. However, when you are fighting somebody without any armour and you jab him in the face, it should 1 hit the guy. You should be able cleave somebodies arm off, or leg if you want the game to be realistic.

But it doesn't. The game does not look fun at all.

Jmanghan
Please don't pretend you know anything regarding medieval combat.

I'm not talking on hitting a breastplate, I'm talking about hitting the guy directly in the face. As well, other enemy encounters had the player hitting non-armoured players in exposed areas with a sword and nothing was happening.

The combat should be visceral and not "bullet" spongy. Yes, if you are fighting a character in full metal armour then it should take a few hits at exposed areas like the joints. However, when you are fighting somebody without any armour and you jab him in the face, it should 1 hit the guy. You should be able cleave somebodies arm off, or leg if you want the game to be realistic.

But it doesn't. The game does not look fun at all. I don't practice HEMA, but I for sure know a thing or two about realism in games when it comes to swordplay.

You're right, the lack of being able to slash someone across the face is kinda weird.

But, we have to remember the game is almost a full year from release, 8 months away, they may change or add certain things.

Smasandian
I don't know, 8 months is not that far away.

I believe this game will be pushed back again because it's still rough.

Jmanghan
I don't know, 8 months is not that far away.

I believe this game will be pushed back again because it's still rough.

I do like the combat system a LOT as is atm, though the sound design should change, and I think the combat system could be spiffed up JUST a bit.

Also they would do well to add a third-person view.

There should also be jousting, as there's already horseback-riding.

Also, fighting or jousting in tournaments for Knights would be awesome.

Idk, big things can be changed in 8 months, I'll take it at any time as long I can get it.

I just prefer a long drawn-out fight personally, and what they were going for as well, and you can kill your opponent fairly quickly if their armor isn't the best or if they aren't wearing that much armor to begin with.

Jmanghan
Check it out guys, the game is out now!

What do ya think.

Kazenji
I only found out about the game last week After alot of people in PS FB group that i'm in were going nuts about it, So much for them promoting the game.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Kazenji
I only found out about the game last week After alot of people in PS FB group that i'm in were going nuts about it, So much for them promoting the game. The combat looks cool.

cdtm

However, every gameplay video I have seen is underwhelming. That combat does not look fun at all and the voice acting is horrific. For a realistic game, I would think hitting somebody in the face with a sword would cave it in. The combat should be one or two hits and that's it. Meh.

We need a Bushido Blade rpg.

emporerpants
I'm excited for this. I feel it isn't going to do well sales wise though, as they haven't really done any marketing at all.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by cdtm
We need a Bushido Blade rpg. We have several.

All of the Way of the Samurai games.

Jmanghan
Also, the story was very engaging and interesting to me, at least so far.

The map sucks, and they could do with a far better swordplay tutorial.

Combat seems to be slightly easier if you're fighting anything but a Knight in full plate.

BackFire
Game seems interesting. Seems to be a bit buggy/janky right now. I may pick this up in several months after some patches and once the price is lower. Awesome premise, though, hope it does well.

Kazenji
Heard the game has a 20gb day 1 patch, Oh well i guess that's the nature of the beast these days.

Smasandian
It's worst, there is a new patch that's 16 GB's big. Devs chalk it up to how the game handles its archives which is a terrible excuse.....

I'll wait until they fix all the issues with bugs and replace the terrible save system. There is an auto-save for major moments in quests but the rest of the saves require you to pay for a drink that you consume in order to save progress.

It's a terrible system and it's worst due to the game breaking bugs.

Jmanghan
This clip catches my attention: 3g3JZgk1Q24

Jmanghan
So, I have the game, haven't touched it since I bought it.

Is it any good now that it's been out, what issues have been addressed?

Am I just better off getting it on PC and then modding it to fix most of the issues, or is it fine on my PS4?

Jmanghan
9eKAEQxeIHA

Jmanghan
Been playing this lately and it's really fun, been doing sidequests for the most part, just got to Rattay and haven't done much of the main story.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Jmanghan
So, I have the game, haven't touched it since I bought it

Same.

Kazenji
^ Despite him saying he has played it in the previous post.

NewGuy01
Yes, despite that.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Same. Should play it. I've been doing a marathon and legitimately haven't slept all day, it's now night-time, and it says I've been playing it for over 30 hours.

Jmanghan
Should play it. I've been doing a marathon and legitimately haven't slept all day, it's now night-time, and it says I've been playing it for over 30 hours. 60*.

This game is becoming one of my favorite games. The combat has so much depth, its so fun just to go out hunting for bandits, never have I had so much fun exploring in a game.

There's no taking on 10-20 enemies. You CAN oneshot armored people easily, but its difficult.

This is me rn: x4hktqhBpzY

Jmanghan
This sounds pretty sick.

https://www.pcgamer.com/kingdom-come-deliverance-unveils-dlc-roadmap-three-new-stories-due-this-year/

Jmanghan
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1294225970/kingdom-come-deliverance/posts/2177130

Jmanghan
Okay so, I was watching some Mordhau gameplay, and one of the biggest glaring issues I have with the game came up.

Not enough gore. Fighting is satisfying enough, but being able to stab into someone's visor, maybe knocking a helmet off? You can see dents in the armor and dirt and blood on it, but nothing else?

I guess they'd have to make it so you could also get your helmet knocked off in combat, but still.

Trocity
You CAN oneshot armored people easily, but its difficult.

https://i.giphy.com/media/3oEduI0rYPMLEPZviw/giphy.webp

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Trocity
https://i.giphy.com/media/3oEduI0rYPMLEPZviw/giphy.webp A good headstab is the thing that makes you win the game.

NewGuy01
is there a mod that lets u save

because that mechanic sounds like ass

Jmanghan
is there a mod that lets u save https://www.nexusmods.com/kingdomcomedeliverance/mods/1

Jmanghan
That ending was horrible.

Jmanghan
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

https://forum.kingdomcomerpg.com/uploads/default/original/3X/2/2/2210cc5a310585f9e0d1e10f94752e880db87a22.jpg

NewGuy01
Is that modding support for console?

Jmanghan
Is that modding support for console? Idk, so far Bethesda's the only one in history to do that, so I'd think not.

Jmanghan
hycedAwXE1U

Jmanghan
IT'S HERE!!!! I'm excited about the DLC, but the tournaments are going to add so much replayability to the game.

HQc4ukhgrpQ

https://store.steampowered.com/app/921950/ Kingdom_Come_Deliverance__The_Amorous_Adventures_o
f_Bold_Sir_Hans_Capon/

NewGuy01
I actually pulled the game out a couple weeks back. Feels like you can hardly do anything without Henry getting all wobbly and useless from hunger or sleep deprivation or whatever else. The story seems fair, though.

Trocity
That sounds kinda lame. I've had this game for forever and haven't played it.

Kinda disappointed to hear that.

Jmanghan
I actually pulled the game out a couple weeks back. Feels like you can hardly do anything without Henry getting all wobbly and useless from hunger or sleep deprivation or whatever else. The story seems fair, though. Hardly do anything as in?

I mean yeah, you have to sleep every once in awhile or eat, you can't expect to walk all the way across the map and just never needing to sleep, I know you can do that in stuff like Skyrim, but this is a full-blown RPG that's trying to be as realistic as possible.

As for the combat, it gets waaaayyyyyyyy better.

vSjxV61rF1c

emporerpants
Have to say, I really liked this game and it's combat...the only problem I had with the combat was the after a certain point EVERYONE, including piss ant bandits, was doing damn masterstrokes on every attack. That shit should be saved for enemies that are supposed to be tough, like knights.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by emporerpants
Have to say, I really liked this game and it's combat...the only problem I had with the combat was the after a certain point EVERYONE, including piss ant bandits, was doing damn masterstrokes on every attack. That shit should be saved for enemies that are supposed to be tough, like knights. I agree it's kinda strange, but at the same time..

1. We don't know whether those people trained to wield those weapons, odds are they did.

2. If these people were bandits in the first place, there's a high chance they've been in a fight or two before, especially if we're talking about the armored bandits.

Jmanghan
So, oddly enough the first Tourney sidequest was wayyyyyyy more interesting then the entire Hans Capon DLC.

I'd say skip that particular DLC unless you REALLLLLLLLLLY NEED extra stuff to do in Kingdom Come, or are just looking for an excuse to play it again.

If you've beaten the game and gotten to the Epilogue, there may be a glitch where you can't talk to Capon, go to the Samopesh blacksmith instead.

You have to have reached Rattay and (probably) have met Hans Capons to do the Tourney.

I have to say the Tournament wasn't AS exciting as I'd like, but it was pretty awesome.

For the full experience of the Tourney sidequest, I'd play on Hardcore mode for the duration of it.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Trocity
That sounds kinda lame. I've had this game for forever and haven't played it.

Kinda disappointed to hear that. The way it works is, every few (in-game hours) you do have to eat and sleep (and at some point wash yourself, in a trough or at the baths), but it takes awhile before you NEED to do those things.

Thankfully you can wash yourself, get full, and be well-rested by going to the bathhouse.

Tzeentch
You've been talking to yourself for the last three posts

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Tzeentch
You've been talking to yourself for the last three posts I was addressing 3 different things. Also **** you.

Jmanghan
New patch came out today, all Tourney shit has been sorted out and Hans Capon DLC is sorted now.

Better late then never, I guess?

10gb patch tho. :/

Jmanghan
https://www.onlysp.com/final-two-dlc-kingdom-come-deliverance/

emporerpants
With all of these huge patches with this game, pretty soon it will be the only game you can have installed on your system. Geez.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by emporerpants
With all of these huge patches with this game, pretty soon it will be the only game you can have installed on your system. Geez. I was just thinking that, lol.

Jmanghan
ivJ_2aOfVuA

FINALLY.

Glitchy trailer but this is before the official trailer has been posted onto youtube, was shown on Warhorse' twitch smile

Jmanghan
Band of Bastards will release February 5th.

https://steamcommunity.com/games/379430/announcements/detail/1717459369291163151

Jmanghan
Picked up Band of Bastards, anyone tried it yet?

If you're gonna pick up the DLC, the one I recommend has to be "From the Ashes", the only real DLC worth picking up at the moment, will update after I finally try Band of Bastards.

"Amourous Adventures of Bold Sir Hans Capon" is dumb, don't spend money it, it adds a very short questline and doesn't really "add" anything more to the game and even once you do get it, you can very easily skip the whole entire DLC by just making the potion for Hans yourself instead of getting the Charlatan to do it for you, it's just pretty pointless.

From what I read, Band of Bastards DOES add new things, which I'm very happy about.

Jmanghan
5o6uqxJD_Ts

Jmanghan
Getting a "Royal Edition" in June. "A Woman's Lot" will be released on May 28th.

https://wccftech.com/kingdom-come-royal-collectors-edition/
http://www.thexboxhub.com/kingdom-come-deliverance-royal-collectors-edition-announced/
https://www.gamasutra.com/view/pressreleases/342996/ Kingdom_Come_Deliverance_proclaims_Royal_Collector
s_Edition_announcement.php
https://gameranx.com/updates/id/174261/article/kingdom-come-deliverance-royal-collectors-edition-content-detailed-features-6-inch-theresa-figurine/
https://www.deepsilver.com/us/neues-release-datum-fur-a-womans-lot-und-royal-edition/

https://gameranx.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/WCCFkingdomcome5.jpg

Jmanghan
So, final KCbig grin DLC has been released, "A Woman's Lot".

TNr_nlgWzss

There's going to be a sequel, so we can look forward to that, I may just pick up the Royal Edition for my PS4 and Xbone X.

Jmanghan
5CH40xHkung

This it it boys, the last we'll see of this game till the sequel.

Jmanghan
bYqs_LDMf2E

Jmanghan
I'm sorry???

https://twitter.com/WarhorseStudios/status/1403069194141380617

I call bullshit, how in the world could they make this work? I guarantee this game makes your 3080 struggle.

For people who don't wanna click a link: KC: D is coming to Switch.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.