Superman vs. Savage Hulk (h2h) only

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Facee
They fight in an unbreakable arena.

carver9
I was waiting for someone to make this even though a Hulk vs Superman thread has been made on numerous of occasions. I'm going to sit back for a bit and watch. Galan should be in here shortly (delta and Dark will beat him to the punch since they smell my posts).

emu
Savage Hulk

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by carver9
(delta and Dark will beat him to the punch since they smell my posts).

Manure does smell, I agree. thumb up

leonidas
lol

and a huge SMFH at this thread. cuz there aren't enough supes/hulk threads, right?

Facee
embarrasment

StiltmanFTW
Hulk kills this peasant from Smalldickville.

Delta1938
I was waiting for someone to make this even though a Hulk vs Superman thread has been made on numerous of occasions. I'm going to sit back for a bit and watch. Galan should be in here shortly (delta and Dark will beat him to the punch since they smell my posts).

So you supposedly have us on Ignore, yet not so subtly complain that we quote and respond to your posts. mhmm

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Hulk kills this peasant from Smalldickville.

You're not in the fight. Why would Hulk kill you? vin

Flyattractor
Going to be a big green smear all over this unbreakable arena.

Philosophía
Savage Hulk wouldn't even be able to touch him.

JBL
Yeah, he's untouchable throughout his career, has only been touched by the Flash.😂

Vanguard
Superman blows. Savage Hulk wins.

abhilegend
Superman easily.

carver9
Hulk destroys him, easily.

TheHulkster
Hulk smashes him.

JBL
Originally posted by abhilegend
Superman easily. I bet the s-u-p-e-r-m-a-n-w-l-y and i keys are blank on your key pad.

Vanguard
Superman easily.

You sure about that?

Damborgson
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Going to be a big green smear all over this unbreakable arena.

Banned for drug fueled rants laughing out loud

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Damborgson
Banned for drug fueled rants laughing out loud

thumb up

I'm glad he's gone for the entire month.

cdtm
He was like the only decent poster in politics though. sad

Everyone else just liked to troll.

krisblaze
I always wondered how the **** people think Hulk would touch Superman?

Nevermind the fact that Hulk's absolute strength heights are things Superman can accomplish on a daily basis with mild incentive (barring WB).

How would he ever lay a hand on Superman?

StiltmanFTW
Same way everyone else does...

Surtur
Originally posted by cdtm
He was like the only decent poster in politics though. sad

Everyone else just liked to troll.

After banning Jake for all his death threat threads it's not like they could let Fly get away with his behavior.

Surtur
Same way everyone else does...

So Savage Hulk is going to land a hit via PIS? Makes sense.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Surtur
So Savage Hulk is going to land a hit via PIS? Makes sense.

If all of Supes' battles are PIS, he's essentially featless on forums... thanks, Surtu, good to know thumb up

Surtur
If all of Supes' battles are PIS, he's essentially featless on forums... thanks, Surtu, good to know thumb up

Failing to utilize a super power at the proper time in order to further along the plot doesn't really leave a person featless. The guy has plenty of feats, but he also has a weird amnesia virus when it comes to his super speed.

Or we could say it like this: if Superman decides he wants to avoid every single punch thrown by Hulk that is well within his capabilities.

cdtm
Clark can hold a full planning session with a Flash within a few seconds or some such.

Hulk may as well he Mr. X to Pietro here.

TheHulkster
Failing to utilize a super power at the proper time in order to further along the plot doesn't really leave a person featless. The guy has plenty of feats, but he also has a weird amnesia virus when it comes to his super speed.

Or we could say it like this: if Superman decides he wants to avoid every single punch thrown by Hulk that is well within his capabilities.

I think that it is more reasonable to say that there are some unspecified comicbook reasons that he is unable to consistently utilize superspeed in battle than to say that he is too dumb to do so.

Also, if characters were mandated to use superspeed consistently, comics would end up either giving all characters such speed or none of them.

carver9
Originally posted by krisblaze
I always wondered how the **** people think Hulk would touch Superman?

Nevermind the fact that Hulk's absolute strength heights are things Superman can accomplish on a daily basis with mild incentive (barring WB).

How would he ever lay a hand on Superman?

Post those fts in Leo thread that puts him above people like Savage Hulk.

Surtur
Originally posted by TheHulkster
I think that it is more reasonable to say that there are some unspecified comicbook reasons that he is unable to consistently utilize superspeed in battle than to say that he is too dumb to do so.

Also, if characters were mandated to use superspeed consistently, comics would end up either giving all characters such speed or none of them.

I don't actually think he's too dumb to utilize his speed. There are indeed characters where you could legitimately argue their intelligence is a factor when it comes to why the don't utilize their powers, but Superman is not one of them. So in his case we have no in-story reason why he doesn't.

It's just that in order to keep the plot rolling along he doesn't use it. To be fair the point of comics is to entertain and it's more entertaining to see some super powered battle as opposed to Superman just quickly and efficiently ending a fight.

Damborgson
Yeah, but how far can that explanation give the bug guns an excuse every to they lose a fight or do poorly in a fight they have no business struggling with?

TheHulkster
Yeah, but how far can that explanation give the bug guns an excuse every to they lose a fight or do poorly in a fight they have no business struggling with?

Ultimately, one must simply deal with how things are portrayed without figuring out why. Comics.

carver9
I don't actually think he's too dumb to utilize his speed. There are indeed characters where you could legitimately argue their intelligence is a factor when it comes to why the don't utilize their powers, but Superman is not one of them. So in his case we have no in-story reason why he doesn't.

It's just that in order to keep the plot rolling along he doesn't use it. To be fair the point of comics is to entertain and it's more entertaining to see some super powered battle as opposed to Superman just quickly and efficiently ending a fight.

And this is the reason why we don't give Surfer a 10/10 against Thanos or Odin via opening a black hole in their brains. We do not ignore what happens in comics.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Superman 10/10. Starts way stronger is on top faster and the smarter h2h fighter.

Surtur
And this is the reason why we don't give Surfer a 10/10 against Thanos or Odin via opening a black hole in their brains. We do not ignore what happens in comics.

The difference is I don't recall Surfer ever having opened up a black hole inside someones brain. If he has shown the capability to do that in the past then sure, why couldn't he? Do you truly find the discussion more interesting if a character is gimped because (insert reason)? Seems like a hollow victory if you only win because the other person just decided not to defeat you as opposed to actually being stronger. Odin can destroy galaxies, if Surfer had a way to quickly put him down we need a good reason he would allow himself to be killed. I am not saying Surfer has a way to quickly put Odin down, but if he did? It would be silly to say he wouldn't use it merely because he just doesn't do it often in a comic.

Whereas Superman has used speed on many occasions so we know he has the capability to move so fast Hulk can't tag him.

DarkSaint85
It's like saying that in 90% of his fights, Superman punches, rather than kicks - therefore, in a forum fight, he is incapable of kicking someone.

We don't ignore what happens in comics etc etc. Sure, Juntai or Phildo or Abhi or someone MAY have 2 or 3 scans of him kicking, but in the vast majority of his fights, he punches.

Therefore, he cannot kick, and would lose to Batroc.

Philosophía
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
It's like saying that in 90% of his fights, Superman punches, rather than kicks - therefore, in a forum fight, he is incapable of kicking someone.

We don't ignore what happens in comics etc etc. Sure, Juntai or Phildo or Abhi or someone MAY have 2 or 3 scans of him kicking, but in the vast majority of his fights, he punches.

Therefore, he cannot kick, and would lose to Batroc. Even better, I can show him use superspeed kicks:

http://i738.photobucket.com/albums/xx28/PhilosophiaKMC/supesvspzzod19.jpg

DarkSaint85
Yeah but in most of his fights, he doesn't use his kicks.

He has super-strength, but it's limited to his upper body only.

Upper body strength =/= Lower body strength.

StiltmanFTW
Hulk eats him

/thread

Philosophía
Yeah but in most of his fights, he doesn't use his kicks.

He has super-strength, but it's limited to his upper body only.

Upper body strength =/= Lower body strength. thumb up

He clearly skips leg day:

http://i.imgur.com/bL0apc5.gif

carver9
Lol @ Philo scan. I can post Hulk blitzing beings who was actually moving at super speed.
Pointless scan.

DarkSaint85
https://media.giphy.com/media/ltBhl4BoHaMM/giphy.gif

Truly, Carver, you are the forum's Drax.

StiltmanFTW

Truly, Carver, you are the forum's Drax.

Quoting so carver can see it. It never gets old.

TheHulkster

Therefore, he cannot kick, and would lose to Batroc.

No, it supports that he would only through very few kicks in a fight, not that he he is incapable of kicking. All boxers are cabable of slipping punches. Likewise, all boxers are hit by repeated punches. It's what is expected.

In an average fight, combatants punch at least 90% of the time because kicking is difficult, inefficient and risky. That is why kickboxing contests have to require a minimum number so kicks by rule.

In 100% of fights, combatants make 100% effort to avoid getting hit, thus when they do get hit, it is certainly due to a failure in that moment to do so. Thus, by logic, when Superman gets hit, it is due to a failure in his effort to not get hit. Logic.

leonidas
lol?

were you just trying to attribute....EFFORT, to a comic book character, and use said LACK of effort as a reason he gets hit? and call it "logic"?

blink

DarkSaint85
No, it supports that he would only through very few kicks in a fight, not that he he is incapable of kicking. All boxers are cabable of slipping punches. Likewise, all boxers are hit by repeated punches. It's what is expected.

In an average fight, combatants punch at least 90% of the time because kicking is difficult, inefficient and risky. That is why kickboxing contests have to require a minimum number so kicks by rule.

In 100% of fights, combatants make 100% effort to avoid getting hit, thus when they do get hit, it is certainly due to a failure in that moment to do so. Thus, by logic, when Superman gets hit, it is due to a failure in his effort to not get hit. Logic.

So using this logic, Superman has NO superspeed. Either that, or he is incredibly stupid, or, he is incredibly masochistic.

Yet, you just used the logic that combatants (or at least, average ones) know NOT to kick, because it is difficult, inefficient, and risky. Assuming this is the same reasoning that goes through Superman's mind when fighting (better not kick, as it's difficult, inefficient, and risky!) you are now saying...he is simultaneously smart at fighting, and dumb, and allows himself to be hit?

Because of course, another logical deduction is that he has NO superspeed. But then....we have scans of him fighting at superspeed. So he has it.

The last conclusion that might be reached, is that for the sake of plot, he doesn't use it. As it would turn every fight into a single panel.

But this is a forum fight now.

Edit: and using the logic you have in your post, if the scans support that he would throw very few kicks in a fight (but that he WOULD throw kicks), that means he WOULD use his superspeed....but what, for 10% of a fight? Then decide gee, better slow down! Oh crap, Hulk is beating me to death, better stay at this speed which I stay at for 90% of my fights!

leonidas
wait, wait, are you saying that it's not because superman wasn't TRYING to dodge, but rather he isn't dodging because he's a comic book character and the writer would rather have a cool looking fight for the sake of plot than have him dance around all the bricks he faces all the time?

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/378800000856019032/a8f26b7197d1cc03f8aed01812b48c56_400x400.png

Philosophía
Superman obviously puts 0.0000000000000000001% effort in his fights, in order to allow somebody like Hulk to hit him.

That lazy f uck.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by leonidas
wait, wait, are you saying that it's not because superman wasn't TRYING to dodge, but rather he isn't dodging because he's a comic book character and the writer would rather have a cool looking fight for the sake of plot than have him dance around all the bricks he faces all the time?

thumb up why doesn't Superman speedblitz?

1. He has no superspeed.
2. He is stupid and has superspeed, but doesn't use it
3. He has it, but loves getting punched
4. He has it, but plot dictates a sexy fight, where the hero struggles and gets tagged.

We know 1 isn't true. 2? He's a top rate investigative reporter, of the House of El, a famous scientific family from one of the most advanced civilisations in the DCU. 3? Maybe...

Or, it's 4.

Philosophía
It's obviously 5. He hates getting punched, but he's too lazy to put in effort and gets hurt.

It's a metaphor for carver's life, too.

leonidas
thumb up why doesn't Superman speedblitz?

1. He has no superspeed.
2. He is stupid and has superspeed, but doesn't use it
3. He has it, but loves getting punched
4. He has it, but plot dictates a sexy fight, where the hero struggles and gets tagged.

We know 1 isn't true. 2? He's a top rate investigative reporter, of the House of El, a famous scientific family from one of the most advanced civilisations in the DCU. 3? Maybe...

Or, it's 4.

https://media.giphy.com/media/26AHR2hjzJBPBJE8E/giphy.gif

TheHulkster
Oh so we are now resorting to editoria/writer reasons? I can argue that since Surfer can go intangible, Superman would never hit him? J'onn beats Superman every time right?

I didn't know this was CBR.

DarkSaint85
Oh so we are now resorting to editoria/writer reasons? I can argue that since Surfer can go intangible, Superman would never hit him? J'onn beats Superman every time right?

Course not. But we have CIP and CIS on this forum, both of which apply to Surfer and J'onn.

Opening black holes in people's heads is very different from actively trying to avoid being hit. Selecting one of Surfer and J'onn's many powers is different from being superfast.

Otherwise, you'll be arguing that Captain Boomerang is a serious threat to Flash, because...he throws shaped wooden sticks, like, really skillfully.

carver9
Lol at people trying to throw what happens in comics in the trash while at the same time creating a character that doesn't exist due to him fighting in ways that does not exist. KMC for the win.

DarkSaint85
Except he DOES have superspeed fighting scenes. He does. Absolutely.

Superspeed isn't something you turn on and off, lol. It's like superstrength. You either have it or you don't.

Does Superman have superspeed, yes or no?

If yes, then why doesn't he use it? See above.

It's not as if we are arguing that Superman can matter manip or something, lol.

Juntai

In 100% of fights, combatants make 100% effort to avoid getting hit, thus when they do get hit, it is certainly due to a failure in that moment to do so. Thus, by logic, when Superman gets hit, it is due to a failure in his effort to not get hit. Logic. Actually, he frequently does so because he can. cool

TheHulkster
Originally posted by Juntai
Actually, he frequently does so because he can. cool

Or because of this:

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/6/63715/1251275-1242533_supesrawspeed_super.jpg

Which jibes with this:

https://m.imgur.com/Ia2FsKR

I have seen Superman fans defend Superman against the above Darkseid showing by saying that he needs to shift into super speed gear in order to respond.

Juntai
LOL.

You: "In 100% of fights, combatants make 100% effort to avoid getting hit, thus when they do get hit, it is certainly due to a failure in that moment to do so. Thus, by logic, when Superman gets hit, it is due to a failure in his effort to not get hit. Logic."

Me: Proof Superman gets hits on purpose.

You: But here's a picture of Darkseid grabbing speed of sound Superman in 1987, 30 years ago.

Me:

Galan007
I wonder how Savage Hulk would handle something like this..?

http://i.imgur.com/lhsifyHl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/QSwq1tjl.jpg

mmm

leonidas
Originally posted by Galan007

mmm

(a) not very well i'd imagine, though i had someone telling me hulk was at least quicksilver speed, so...maybe he just dodges the punches? thumb up

(b) i'd forgotten that in that rex scan superman admitted, again, that dd previously couldn't feel pain. that whole can feel pain/can't feel pain debate was....exceedingly painful, but i don't recall the rex scan being shown as further proof that dd really didn't feel pain in that fight.

carver9

mmm

Move faster than Doomsday and punch Superman.

Galan007
Originally posted by leonidas
(a) not very well i'd imagine, though i had someone telling me hulk was at least quicksilver speed, so...maybe he just dodges the punches? thumb up

(b) i'd forgotten that in that rex scan superman admitted, again, that dd previously couldn't feel pain. that whole can feel pain/can't feel pain debate was....exceedingly painful, but i don't recall the rex scan being shown as further proof that dd really didn't feel pain in that fight.

Apparently you're wrong, leo...Originally posted by carver9
Move faster than Doomsday and punch Superman.

sly

carver9
Also, Orion smiled at a blitz set of punches.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=6jhlj4&s=8#.WUXC8p8pBnE

No one in their right mind would come close to saying DCNU Orion is physically on Hulk level.

carver9
Apparently you're wrong, leo...

sly

Read above please.

Galan007
...Because there is no difference between a few DOZEN punches.... and a few THOUSAND, right? laughing out loud

Do you ever stop and think about things...even for a second...before you post? mmm

carver9
...Because there is no difference between a few DOZEN punches.... and a few THOUSAND, right? laughing out loud

Do you ever stop and think about things...even for a second...before you post? mmm

Orion showed no sign of pain...NONE. Doomsday weathered those punches as well. What is is you're trying to say Galan? Are you implying those punches would ko Hulk? If anything, it would piss him off and probably make him more powerful.

carver9
Anyways, Superman blitz punches did nothing to Rex...

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/14/145849/3602162-3496058- superman%2Bv%2Bdoomsday%2Bsuperman%2Bv2%2B%23175%2
B004.jpg

When he started doing solid non blitz hits, that is when the damage was done...

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/14/145849/3602172-3430643-superman175p26.jpg
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/14/145849/3602174-3430645-superman175p28.jpg
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/14/145849/3602175-3430646-superman175p29.jpg
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/14/145849/3602176-3430647-superman175p30and31.jpg

This is the same argument used against Surfer fans when it concerns his blasting power.

carver9
Blitz punches

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/14/145849/3602162-3496058- superman%2Bv%2Bdoomsday%2Bsuperman%2Bv2%2B%23175%2
B004.jpg

leonidas
Apparently you're wrong, leo...

sly

laughing out loud

TheHulkster
LOL.

You: "In 100% of fights, combatants make 100% effort to avoid getting hit, thus when they do get hit, it is certainly due to a failure in that moment to do so. Thus, by logic, when Superman gets hit, it is due to a failure in his effort to not get hit. Logic."

You: But here's a picture of Darkseid grabbing speed of sound Superman in 1987, 30 years ago.

Me:

Nice spin. Superman strategically endures the assault without responding so as to read the robot's frequency pattern that communicates with it. Once he does this, Superman goes on the offensive. Nothing indicates a refusal to dodge punches that could be dodged. What it shows is a refusal to fight back until the necessary information is gained.

*shrugs*

TheHulkster
Also, Orion smiled at a blitz set of punches.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=6jhlj4&s=8#.WUXC8p8pBnE

No one in their right mind would come close to saying DCNU Orion is physically on Hulk level.

Yep. Superman' blitz flurries tend to involve punches far lighter than when he loads up and the flurries come in spurts that are withstandable.

TheHulkster
Why would Hulk sit back and take thousands of pitty pat punches?

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11113/111137681/3522361-hulk+has+superspeed+2.jpg

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/14/147508/4820028-2057551-1678238_hulk_vs_qs_super.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/14/146504/2889918-hulk_v_quicksilver_002.jpg

https://static2.comicvine.com/uploads/square_medium/11123/111237843/5414723-3889916220-47338.jpg

https://static1.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11127/111271893/5203969-image.jpg

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11124/111244529/4831011-speedster.jpg

Damborgson
At least one of those is non canon I'm pretty sure. The last scan to be exact.

StiltmanFTW
At least one of those is non canon I'm pretty sure. The last scan to be exact.

MC2 Universe?

Damborgson
I don't remember the series honestly.

dvampire
A serious Superman series of punches could end hulks life in humming bird humiliation. One those punches have to be planet breaking!😅

Juntai
Nice spin. Superman strategically endures the assault without responding so as to read the robot's frequency pattern that communicates with it. Once he does this, Superman goes on the offensive. Nothing indicates a refusal to dodge punches that could be dodged. What it shows is a refusal to fight back until the necessary information is gained.

*shrugs* LOL.

Not only is it proven, its a long history.

Here's another example, and even features you down in the corner being a hater.

TheHulkster
I don't remember the series honestly.

It's MC2 which is a branching future timeline of about 15 years. But what the heck. The others are canon.

Delta1938
LOL.

Me:

It's 2017. That would be 40 years ago.

Juntai
Originally posted by Delta1938
It's 2017. That would be 40 years ago. confused

TheHulkster
LOL.

Not only is it proven, its a long history.

Here's another example, and even features you down in the corner being a hater.

Non-proof with your first scan, though you will search until you find something through the decades. No-sells don't count due to expectations of the punches not hurting. Especially gut shots that are braced for. Lots of characters do that. Hulk hater.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/14/146504/2885627-superman_v_atlas_001.png

Delta1938
confused

Same way I feel reading through their arguments. laughing

Juntai
Non-proof with your first scan, though you will search until you find something through the decades. No-sells don't count due to expectations of the punches not hurting. Especially gut shots that are braced for. Lots of characters do that. Hulk hater.

That's cool, keep trying to move the goal posts.
Shows how desperate you are to be right when so horribly wrong.

Meanwhile Superman just keeps absorbing blows just because he can.

TheHulkster
It's 2017. That would be 40 years ago.

laughing

TheHulkster
That's cool, keep trying to move the goal posts.
Shows how desperate you are to be right when so horribly wrong.

Meanwhile Superman just keeps absorbing blows just because he can.

LOL! What is that? An arrow? HULK HATER!

Juntai
LOL! What is that? An arrow? HULK HATER! If was all of them attacking him at once, obviously too fast for him to dodge.

Delta1938
There's clearly an energy based attack in there, or perhaps it's TK. Pretty sure Juntai's point was he was standing there and letting them attack him. Unless you think he intended to dodge by just hovering still then knocking them on their asses with his heat vision.

TheHulkster
Including energy attacks, no sells to the gut, arrows, desperation. etc. Ha!

Delta1938
So unless you think Superman doesn't have super speed, how is it not desperation to argue that every time he gets hit is solely because he's too slow? But we can prove he does indeed have super speed. Unless you're going to try and argue that everybody in the DCU has super speed. mhmm

Juntai
Including energy attacks, no sells to the gut, arrows, desperation. etc. Ha! laughing

TheHulkster
There's clearly an energy based attack in there, or perhaps it's TK. Pretty sure Juntai's point was he was standing there and letting them attack him. Unless you think he intended to dodge by just hovering still then knocking them on their asses with his heat vision.

You know that no one is talking no-selling an attack that you practically know will not phase you. We are talking about your assertions that Superman purposely gets his lights out because.....he's a masochist?

Go back and deal with the 40 years that have passed since 1987.

carver9
You know that no one is talking no-selling an attack that you practically know will not phase you. We are talking about your assertions that Superman purposely gets his lights out because.....he's a masochist?

Why would he allow Kalibak to punch him when he knows Kalibak is strong enough to hurt him. This applies to Grundy, The General, Lobo, Despero, Darkseid, Mongul, the list goes on and on and on. He has measured their hits plenty of times. Hell, Kalibak has dazed him, Grundy almost knocked him out, Despero koed him. Why continue to measure blows that you already felt and has been damaged by? All of this seems like an excuse.

Hulk knocks his head clean off.

I'm agreeing with you by the way.

Delta1938

So are you arguing he doesn't have super speed, or everybody has super speed?

TheHulkster
Why would he allow Kalibak to punch him when he knows Kalibak is strong enough to hurt him. This applies to Grundy, The General, Lobo, Despero, Darkseid, Mongul, the list goes on and on and on. He has measured their hits plenty of times. Hell, Kalibak has dazed him, Grundy almost knocked him out, Despero koed him. Why continue to measure blows that you already felt and has been damaged by? All of this seems like an excuse.

Hulk knocks his head clean off.

I'm agreeing with you by the way.

I'm not sure. He could possibly get sexually aroused by intense pain. Would that be in character?

carver9
I'm not sure. He could possibly get sexually aroused by intense pain. Would that be in character?

Lol...I guess so. Hercules almost knock his nose clean off so I'm sure the first hit should ring a bell...ding, ding, ding, (it appears Hercules broke his nose based off the krak sound) this guy have enough strength to severely damage me but yet, we see Hercules landing a second clean shot...

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/37889/1105519-jsa1317.jpg

I don't get it. Maybe there's a formula. You punch him 20 times he then decides to start dodging.

abhilegend
Why would Superman need speed to win here?

carver9
Because Savage Hulk is more powerful and similar people to Hulk who doesn't have his fts has knocked superman the hell out.

abhilegend
laughing out loud

Right.

Delta1938
Why would Superman need speed to win here?

Because I masturbate to both Hulk feats and the fantasy of Hulk beating Superman.

That's enough Internet for the day.

TheHulkster
Lol...I guess so. Hercules almost knock his nose clean off so I'm sure the first hit should ring a bell...ding, ding, ding, (it appears Hercules broke his nose based off the krak sound) this guy have enough strength to severely damage me but yet, we see Hercules landing a second clean shot...

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/37889/1105519-jsa1317.jpg

I don't get it. Maybe there's a formula. You punch him 20 times he then decides to start dodging.

Actually, 21.4 times. Then he dodges once and it starts all over.

carver9
Lol

krisblaze

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/14/146504/2885627-superman_v_atlas_001.png

Depowered here though no expression

DarkSaint85
Lol at the question dodging.

Does Superman have superspeed, yes or no? Carver is well known for dodging questions, so everyone just focus on that.

Hulkster is new, relatively, so might get swept up in his giddy excitement.

Delta1938
Lol at the question dodging.

Does Superman have superspeed, yes or no? Carver is well known for dodging questions, so everyone just focus on that.

Hulkster is new, relatively, so might get swept up in his giddy excitement.

Or he's a carter sock. mhmm

DarkSaint85
I love how circular some of the arguments are, though.

Carver and Hulkster have BOTH posted scans showing that YES, Superman does indeed have superspeed.

OK.

And then question, hey, if he has superspeed, how does he get hit?

Same way Captain Boomerang is a threat to Flash. I wonder how they'd take it if herald busting Batman was used...

Hey Carver, does WW have superstrength? I wonder why she was unable to KO Batman with a sucker punch, even when he was weakened, was not wearing his suit and she had the GoW amp?

Oh what's that? PIS? Oh....OK. The writers wanted to write a story where a nice long drawn out fight happens? Really? They didn't have editorial approval to have one side turn the other into a smear on the pavement? Really?

OK.

Delta1938
I love how circular some of the arguments are, though.

Carver and Hulkster have BOTH posted scans showing that YES, Superman does indeed have superspeed.

OK.

And then question, hey, if he has superspeed, how does he get hit?

Same way Captain Boomerang is a threat to Flash. I wonder how they'd take it if herald busting Batman was used...

Hey Carver, does WW have superstrength? I wonder why she was unable to KO Batman with a sucker punch, even when he was weakened, was not wearing his suit and she had the GoW amp?

Oh what's that? PIS? Oh....OK. The writers wanted to write a story where a nice long drawn out fight happens? Really? They didn't have editorial approval to have one side turn the other into a smear on the pavement? Really?

OK.

Batman dodged heat vision even when it was already fired. Seemed like a quarter of the distance to Batman traveled. Superman still was too fast for Batman when it came to physical speed. And New 52 Superman was too fast for Batman as well. And this was before Superman remerging and all that jazz.

But Batman has hit Superman in the past, before FLASHPOINT. So Reborn Superman>Post-CRISIS Superman/Nu-Superman>Batman>Heat Vision in speed but also Batman>Superman in speed since Superman failed to avoid being hit. So.....Batman/>Reborn Superman>PC Superman/Nu Superman>Batman>Heat Vision?

Or we could just go--

http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa466/Delta1938/Comics.jpg

DarkSaint85
Nah.

Batman has outreacted Hal Jordan and his ring, with its autoshields before:
https://comicnewbies.files.wordpress.com/2015/06/batman-can-take-green-lanterns-ring.jpg

So Batman > Hal.

Hal has tagged Zoom:
http://i.imgur.com/4NmB9xT.jpg

So Batman > Hal > Zoom.

Zoom has tagged Flash (I trust I don't need to post scans).

Batman>Hal>Zoom>Flash

All canon. Of course, if they had this speed, they'd use it, right? So I reckon none of them have superspeed. Or if they do, they wanted to avoid it, but were unable to.

We can do a Marvel comparison too, if we want. It involves Captain America.

Delta1938
Nah.

Batman has outreacted Hal Jordan and his ring, with its autoshields before:
https://comicnewbies.files.wordpress.com/2015/06/batman-can-take-green-lanterns-ring.jpg

So Batman > Hal.

Hal has tagged Zoom:
http://i.imgur.com/4NmB9xT.jpg

So Batman > Hal > Zoom.

Zoom has tagged Flash (I trust I don't need to post scans).

Batman>Hal>Zoom>Flash

All canon. Of course, if they had this speed, they'd use it, right? So I reckon none of them have superspeed. Or if they do, they wanted to avoid it, but were unable to.

We can do a Marvel comparison too, if we want. It involves Captain America.

They couldn't avoid it so obviously they didn't have super speed. Or, they all have super speed so that's why they couldn't avoid it. Happy Dance

Rao Kal El
So. I'm confused now.

Does Superman and Flash have superspeed? big grin

emu
Originally posted by Rao Kal El
So. I'm confused now.

Does Superman and Flash have superspeed? big grin No they dont. The thread explains everything.

Hulk does though, from unlimited strength.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Rao Kal El
So. I'm confused now.

Does Superman and Flash have superspeed? big grin

They do, they all do, everyone does, they all really like getting hit, that's all.

emu
They do, they all do, everyone does, they all really like getting hit, that's all. I agree. Hulk doesn't though, he moves like a mountain thumb up

Superman wins by speed pushing poo up Hulks buttocks. (shoutoutto Abhi)

cdtm
That's comics for you.

Aside from Hulk, Dragon Ball fans are the only one's who can brag about super speed. thumb up

leonidas
Originally posted by emu
No they dont. The thread explains everything.

Hulk does though, from unlimited strength.

yep, pretty much what i got out of this trainwreck of a thread too. the characters just don't try. thumb up

Surtur
I don't even understand how this is debatable. Yes, Superman gets tagged by people all the time, but he also has plenty of feats involving super speed.

So either you accept that a writers job is to entertain and he's not going to have Superman end every fight in a split second or you just ignore every single speed feat he has.

Can anyone think of any comic book characters that frequently appear in comics and have high end super speed and have never been hit by someone far slower than them?

carver9
Some writers think Hulk is as durable as Adamantium and have unlimited strength and have enough strength to have the ultimate being in Marvel be surprised at it. Do I ignore Hulk entire history and use this as a norm for the character? Superman wouldn't even be able to put a scratch on Hulk if we ignored 90% of Hulk history and just stayed with his powerset. His heat vision, freeze breath, all of it would be coming from a mosquito. That's if we stick to that small percentage of showings.

Delta1938
Some writers think Hulk is as durable as Adamantium and have unlimited strength and have enough strength to have the ultimate being in Marvel be surprised at it. Do I ignore Hulk entire history and use this as a norm for the character? Superman wouldn't even be able to put a scratch on Hulk if we ignored 90% of Hulk history and just stayed with his powerset. His heat vision, freeze breath, all of it would be coming from a mosquito. That's if we stick to that small percentage of showings.

You didn't comprehend his post at all. laughing

StiltmanFTW
Some writers think Hulk is as durable as Adamantium

Bullets failing to penetrate him don't mean shit.

Let him taste adamantium blades, honed so keen they slice through everything, less than 1 millimetre thick. Dead Hulk in 1 panel.

Surtur

It almost sounds like you're upset these characters would actually behave intelligently. I'm not going to get into the Surfer debate again, but IMO when it comes to J'onn I think Superman is faster and could use his speed to overwhelm him before he does anything. A combination of heat vision and physical attacks.

However, if we were to say they are equals in speed I would say J'onn going intangible to avoid harm would be fair game. The fact of the matter is some powers are just very broken.

Delta1938
Bullets failing to penetrate him don't mean shit.

Let him taste adamantium blades, honed so keen they slice through everything, less than 1 millimetre thick. Dead Hulk in 1 panel.

As dead as Logan?

Delta1938
It almost sounds like you're upset these characters would actually behave intelligently. I'm not going to get into the Surfer debate again, but IMO when it comes to J'onn I think Superman is faster and could use his speed to overwhelm him before he does anything. A combination of heat vision and physical attacks.

However, if we were to say they are equals in speed I would say J'onn going intangible to avoid harm would be fair game. The fact of the matter is some powers are just very broken.

Superman actually has used his heat vision to effect intangible opponents, but that's a different topic.

Also, Hulkster chucks the very argument he uses here in the Gladiator vs Lobo topic, so yeah.

Surtur

If Hulk has a lot of feats showing he is as durable as adamantium then that would be something you could use.

You talk about ignoring history, but you ignore Superman's history. Hell one of his taglines has always been "faster than a speeding bullet".

StiltmanFTW
As dead as Logan?

Yeah, dead but yet present in all comics through their alternate versions.

Old Man Logan is going to chop Maestro to pieces in the current arc, I bet carvie is pissing his pants.

Surtur
Superman actually has used his heat vision to effect intangible opponents, but that's a different topic.

Also, Hulkster chucks the very argument he uses here in the Gladiator vs Lobo topic, so yeah.

Interesting, and I think actually Hyperion from Marvel did so as well.

Delta1938
Yeah, dead but yet present in all comics through their alternate versions.

Old Man Logan is going to chop Maestro to pieces in the current arc, I bet carvie is pissing his pants.

I'm not sure sure which I want more. Maestro to get cut to pieces so carter will be sad or Old Man Logan to get his ass kicked so you can be sad. Either way, I win. Happy Dance

StiltmanFTW
OML already killed 1 Banner. Don't think the one wearing a gay necklace will present a problem.

Delta1938
Interesting, and I think actually Hyperion from Marvel did so as well.

Whether it'd work on J'onn or not, I don't know, but the examples are there to prove it's a possibility.

OML already killed 1 Banner. Don't think the one wearing a gay necklace will present a problem.

So OML either has two and makes carter cry, or you get your hopes up only to be crushed. I'm the winner either way. big grin

Juntai

Also, Hulkster chucks the very argument he uses here in the Gladiator vs Lobo topic, so yeah. The irony is that though you never really see him running around like Flash or Supes, Lobo's bio says he has superspeed akin to Supes to explain how he deals with Speedsters.

Delta1938
The irony is that though you never really see him running around like Flash or Supes, Lobo's bio says he has superspeed akin to Supes to explain how he deals with Speedsters.

Which bio(s)? And I actually recall in their first published fight Superman was saying stuff about Lobo's speed, implying Lobo has at least some degree of super speed.

carver9
If Hulk has a lot of feats showing he is as durable as adamantium then that would be something you could use.

You talk about ignoring history, but you ignore Superman's history. Hell one of his taglines has always been "faster than a speeding bullet".

Superman have more history of getting his face caved in by bricks vs using speed against them.

Delta1938
Superman have more history of getting his face caved in by bricks vs using speed against them.

Unless this is you purposely being dishonest instead of insanely dense and dim, this is an invalid argument. Superman has the feats to prove he has insane speed. In character he doesn't always utilize it. This makes your comparison for Hulk's durability retarded(but to be expected given who made it) because that's false equivalency.

Juntai
Which bio(s)? And I actually recall in their first published fight Superman was saying stuff about Lobo's speed, implying Lobo has at least some degree of super speed. Lobo in combat was too fast for Superman back then in their first couple encounters, but everything has scaled upwards since. It's another one of those 40 years ago in 87 things. He beat the brakes off of Supes. That wouldn't happen later down the road though. It was one of those early meeting scenarios, similar to Supes vaulting past Darkseid as he was shown a few pages ago.

The point is, Lobo has superspeed that allows him to hit speedsters.

Delta1938
Lobo in combat was too fast for Superman back then in their first couple encounters, but everything has scaled upwards since. It's another one of those 40 years ago in 87 things. He beat the brakes off of Supes. That wouldn't happen later down the road though. It was one of those early meeting scenarios, similar to Supes vaulting past Darkseid as he was shown a few pages ago.

40 years of Superman unable to avoid being hit. thumb up

I know Lobo hasn't treated Superman like that in speed since, I was pointing to an example that indicates super speed outside a bio.

DC ENCYCLOPEDIA?

Juntai
40 years of Superman unable to avoid being hit. thumb up

I know Lobo hasn't treated Superman like that in speed since, I was pointing to an example that indicates super speed outside a bio.

DC ENCYCLOPEDIA? Yep.

Also his Bio on dc webpage.
http://www.dccomics.com/characters/lobo

cdtm
Lobo in combat was too fast for Superman back then in their first couple encounters, but everything has scaled upwards since. It's another one of those 40 years ago in 87 things. He beat the brakes off of Supes. That wouldn't happen later down the road though. It was one of those early meeting scenarios, similar to Supes vaulting past Darkseid as he was shown a few pages ago.

Lobo's literally punched through Daxamite heat vision. Just boxed his way up the beam. You'd have to be pretty fast to do that.

emu
Some writers think Hulk is as durable as Adamantium and have unlimited strength and have enough strength to have the ultimate being in Marvel be surprised at it. Do I ignore Hulk entire history and use this as a norm for the character? Superman wouldn't even be able to put a scratch on Hulk if we ignored 90% of Hulk history and just stayed with his powerset. His heat vision, freeze breath, all of it would be coming from a mosquito. That's if we stick to that small percentage of showings. This ruptures my balls.
Why is everyone ignoring 90% of Hulks history?

Why is this not discussed?

leonidas
lol

that's what this thread has turned into. it needs to be closed, tbh.

TheHulkster

Behave intelligently where? What are you talking about? These are imaginary characters in comic books. They have no intelligence. They are written certain ways. We judge them based on how they are written, not on how you think they should be written. The overwhelming average show Superman routinely getting hit by characters whose strength he is familiar with and being hurt by those punches. So that is how he is judged. Based on that norm.

You seem upset with the notion that Superman can't beat every character in one second. Is he lesser because the effort writers make to challenge him count on battle boards? It all counts. Phil said that he understood that the worm that attacked Deathseed Sentry served the story purpose of getting Sentry out of the way for a while. He then adds that regardless, it still counts.

So everything else counts, regardless of writer's purpose. History dictates that Superman will have to struggle to beat Hulk and would be in jeopardy of losing. Hulk will land repeated blows. Now you may resume discussing me for another two pages with your friends.

Delta1938
Behave intelligently where? What are you talking about? These are imaginary characters in comic books. They have no intelligence. They are written certain ways. We judge them based on how they are written, not on how you think they should be written. The overwhelming average show Superman routinely getting hit by characters whose strength he is familiar with and being hurt by those punches. So that is how he is judged. Based on that norm.

You seem upset with the notion that Superman can't beat every character in one second. Is he lesser because the effort writers make to challenge him count on battle boards? It all counts. Phil said that he understood that the worm that attacked Deathseed Sentry served the story purpose of getting Sentry out of the way for a while. He then adds that regardless, it still counts.

So everything else counts, regardless of writer's purpose. History dictates that Superman will have to struggle to beat Hulk and would be in jeopardy of losing. Hulk will land repeated blows. Now you may resume discussing me for another two pages with your friends.

The difference is, it's one thing to argue about how a character would fight, it's another to say a character is incapable of something. You're arguing that Superman gets hit because he's unable to, to try and argue that Superman doesn't actually have super speed, or at least that he's not all that faster than human.

Then you go the opposite route in Gladiator vs Lobo.

TheHulkster
The difference is, it's one thing to argue about how a character would fight, it's another to say a character is incapable of something. You're arguing that Superman gets hit because he's unable to, to try and argue that Superman doesn't actually have super speed, or at least that he's not all that faster than human.

Then you go the opposite route in Gladiator vs Lobo.

Talking about something flying over someone's head. One of your buddies who shares your view of Hulk not being able to respond to Superman's speed said in that thread that Lobo would crush Gladiator, a character established as having super speed. So I tossed your argument back at him to show the double standard/hypocrisy. None of you Superman fans give superspeed benefit to Gladiator, Sentry,etc. You actually debate Gladiator realistically based on portrayal. You debate a Superman that doesn't exist.

I argue that Superman does NOT get hit because he simply chooses to get hit in the face and sometimes nearly knocked out for absolutely no reason at all. No expaination has established why superspeed is so inconsistent and rarely used. I have possible reasons that could sensibly be used. If I state them, you will ask for "proof"; proof of a fictional idea in a fictional story. There is no proof. There are ideas that make the most sense within a story. Getting hit and hurt on purpose makes no sense.

And Hulk has shown speed enough to counter speed:

https://i.imgur.com/RG6EkyP_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=high

Juntai
Talking about something flying over someone's head. One of your buddies who shares your view of Hulk not being able to respond to Superman's speed said in that thread that Lobo would crush Gladiator, a character established as having super speed. So I tossed your argument back at him to show the double standard/hypocrisy. None of you Superman fans give superspeed benefit to Gladiator, Sentry,etc. You actually debate Gladiator realistically based on portrayal. You debate a Superman that doesn't exist.

I argue that Superman does NOT get hit because he simply chooses to get hit in the face and sometimes nearly knocked out for absolutely no reason at all. No expaination has established why superspeed is so inconsistent and rarely used. I have possible reasons that could sensibly be used. If I state them, you will ask for "proof"; proof of a fictional idea in a fictional story. There is no proof. There are ideas that make the most sense within a story. Getting hit and hurt on purpose makes no sense.

And Hulk has shown speed enough to counter speed:

https://i.imgur.com/RG6EkyP_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=high The problem with your model is when we apply the forum rules.

PIS: Characters not using powers we know they can to make a comic story better.

And the full capacity rule, where-in we're given a Flash example, that just because he doesnt max out from the start in the comic, we know he can;

just because Superman isnt his using his speed to dodge blows all the time, its still a viable tactic to say he will to a drastically slower opponent.

TheHulkster
The problem with your model is when we apply the forum rules.

PIS: Characters not using powers we know they can to make a comic story better.

And the full capacity rule, where-in we're given a Flash example, that just because he doesnt max out from the start in the comic, we know he can;

just because Superman isnt his using his speed to dodge blows all the time, its still a viable tactic to say he will to a drastically slower opponent.

The rules specifically categorize Superman and Surfer as CIP, and that's allowed.

A viable tactic is different from an end all. The term "clock" means to hit. Flash can hit anyone in a millisecond, including Superman. That doesn't mean he beats Superman.

Can I argue that Hulk will heal from everything Superman dishes out instantly since we know that he has that level of healing? And as time goes on, during this constant healing, he will grow stronger until Worldbreaker mode and atomized Superman with a punch? We've seen him do this. We've seen him hit speedsters. So this works right?

Juntai
The rules specifically categorize Superman and Surfer as CIP, and that's allowed.

A viable tactic is different from an end all. The term "clock" means to hit. Flash can hit anyone in a millisecond, including Superman. That doesn't mean he beats Superman.

Can I argue that Hulk will heal from everything Superman dishes out instantly since we know that he has that level of healing? And as time goes on, during this constant healing, he will grow stronger until Worldbreaker mode and atomized Superman with a punch? We've seen him do this. We've seen him hit speedsters. So this works right? Nice try.

CIP involves holding back to not endanger others. This is a indestructible arena without civilians. Likewise, it specifically says it won't make them fight like idiots. They're still fighting to win with the power at their disposal.

WB Hulk is a specifically powered up version for a specific story. It took a lot of plot for him to get that far.

An attempt at relating that to Superman using superspeed is a heavy desparation move. Superman uses speed constantly in and out of combat. It's proven that he can just will it and do it.

Interestingly though, one of the two combatants here is also planet moveing/breaking level from the jump just be deciding to use that level of power.

it's not Hulk.

DarkSaint85

Except A: Lobo also has superspeed, and B: he explicitly does the illogical. No double standard there. Lobo has the ToonForce, and if you want to debate Gladiator based on portrayal (which is good) you should also debate Lobo based on ALL of his portrayals.

This is all that needs to be said, really. Characters fight at full potential, and we ignore PIS. CIP and CIS still apply, however. We ALL agree that Supey has superspeed. You're acting as if this is the same as Surfer opening blackholes in people's brains, or Hulk going WBH at the drop of a hat.

Difference is, those tactics result in instant kills. Superman's speed? KOs.

And all 3 aren't killers.

WBH went WBH, AFTER:

1. he was exiled to a distant planet by his 'friends'
2. his wife and unborn child were killed by said friends.
3. he had been simmering and stewing in his anger on the long journey back for revenge
4. nobody understood him, and all his friends, rather than being contrite, fought back (and in some cases, involved children to defend themselves)
5. he finds out that his friends weren't the reason for his family's death, but it was his blood oath brother who did it.
6. Said blood brother also wounded his oldest friend, who had been one of the sole defenders of Hulk throughout.

AFTER all this, he then truly went WBH in the Dark Dimension, when he knew he couldn't permanently kill his opponents and that they'd be all brought back.

So yeah, in character, Hulk isn't going WBH just because he's been punched. Has never happened. Spidey firing off 'yo mama' jokes doesn't mean he steadily gets angrier until he goes WBH. It takes a LOT to make him get to WBH levels - and a simple fight doesn't do that.

Damborgson
But Hulk has used WBH before, he just kept it contained instead of blowing up the planet with his footsteps.

DarkSaint85
But Hulk has used WBH before, he just kept it contained instead of blowing up the planet with his footsteps.

All after the sequence of events I posted. It's not as if he goes WBH in every battle, even when losing. Hell, he didn't even attain those strength levels when saving the Earth from the Celestial.

Surtur

So essentially you feel that as far as the forum is concerned Superman just doesn't have any super speed?

Surtur

Behave intelligently in the proposed fight. Of course they are imaginary, but if we're going to imagine two characters fighting I don't think it hurts to give them a bit of common sense.

I'm not upset he can't beat everyone in one second. Like I said, comics are entertainment. I prefer a very powerful Superman yes, but I don't want him solving every crisis in the blink of an eye. If you meant I want him to beat everyone in a forum fight in one second, no I don't. I just want his speed allowed.

For me, feats are what count the most. Writer intent can be problematic because they purposely draw out the story for entertainment purposes, which as I said I have no problem with.

As for your comment about discussing you, what? That seems to imply I was going after you and then talking about you with other people, but I never did. I don't have any issues with you.

carver9
So essentially you feel that as far as the forum is concerned Superman just doesn't have any super speed?

I feel that Superman will get punch in a fight vs him blitzing around like a DBZ character. It's like me going into a Surfer vs Superman thread saying Surfer pulls a 10/10 on Supes by going intangible, wrapping Superman entire body up in adamantium and then blasting his cranium with red Sun radiation while at the same time creating a black hole above Superman. Surfer is capable of doing everything I've mentioned but I can't think of a single Superman fan on KMC that would accept what I said. The only reason they are arguing right now is because this is Superman. They are ok with him fighting out of character vs any other being that is going against him.

JBL
I feel that Superman will get punch in a fight vs him blitzing around like a DBZ character. It's like me going into a Surfer vs Superman thread saying Surfer pulls a 10/10 on Supes by going intangible, wrapping Superman entire body up in adamantium and then blasting his cranium with red Sun radiation while at the same time creating a black hole above Superman. Surfer is capable of doing everything I've mentioned but I can't think of a single Superman fan on KMC that would accept what I said. The only reason they are arguing right now is because this is Superman. They are ok with him fighting out of character vs any other being that is going against him. True. Any advantage they can come up with for Superman they will try an use to give superman the win. They hate the fact that superman cannot beat everyone and there are characters that would break him down and crush him, that's why they run to speed or their dream card mental blocks.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>