Why do we select warrior gods who can only grow their religions by violence, --- inst

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Greatest I am

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Greatest I Am
Why do we select warrior gods who can only grow their religions by violence, --- instead of persuasion to a better way of life?

It's a good question. There's probably some historical answers as to why there is so much ignorant and violent superstition in our archaic ideas about God. Probably has something to do with "us vs them" tribalism and ethnocentric truth forces of premodern cultures. That almost certainly has something to do with Islam, the outrageous religion of conquest that it is.

Emperordmb
Nice female supremacy post.

Greatest I am
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
It's a good question. There's probably some historical answers as to why there is so much ignorant and violent superstition in our archaic ideas about God. Probably has something to do with "us vs them" tribalism and ethnocentric truth forces of premodern cultures. That almost certainly has something to do with Islam, the outrageous religion of conquest that it is.

Insightful.

I agree that it is tribalism that has us seek the fittest.

Back when, that meant physical strength. Today, it means the brightest and that is likely why religions in the West are dying while religion in the East are not and hanging on to the less intelligent ways.

Regards
DL

Greatest I am
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Nice female supremacy post.

I have no idea what you are talking about. Do you?

Regards
DL

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.