Excalbur Vs Despero

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
https://alemdatorre.files.wordpress.com/2014/12/18-excalibur.jpg

Initial appearance Excalibur (pictured).
Pre DCnu Despero from JLA39 (pictured).
No prep or BFR.

http://comicsalliance.com/files/2016/08/OTC01.jpg

leonidas
excalibur should take him with varying degrees of difficulty. rachel alone has feats from that era to suggest she could solo. she also has feats that suggest he could demolish her though, so.... tough call. at the team's best, they should take him down without too much trouble.

abhilegend
What?

leonidas
what what?

riv6672
^^^Who knows? laughing out loud

Thanks for the feedback, Leo. Was looking to use some other version of Despero than V&V.

leonidas
rachel was...quite a mess in that series, but she had some VERY good showings. tough to have a character as powerful as phoenix on a team and not totally f her up. i remember one of the writers saying almost that exact thing. how do you have a team book where one character on the team can basically handle every threat they could ever face? so they pretty much completely screwed up her characterization, but she displayed some pretty awesome power a few times in that form. meggan is also very powerful and has some great showings. it's too bad xmark's respect thread has all broken links. it was really good.

anyway, like i said, imo if excalibur is fighting to their best, they should win this. more than likely in most cases it will come down to phoennix s despero though, and it will depend on which showings you feel like using for rachel.

abhilegend
Originally posted by leonidas
what what?
Rachel was all over the place. I don't think she has what it's needed to beat Despero.

leonidas
like i said, i think it depends on where in the series you're talking. you are both right and wrong depending on which showings you want to take into account. if we assume best showings for the thread, despero is in a lot of trouble. if not, rachel could be a drooling puddle. /shrug

riv6672
Agree on her showings being erratic, but, i think that was so she'd need the rest of the team.

Anyhow, you guys debate as you will, this isnt your first rodeo!

zopzop
Rachel was................HORRIBLE during the Excalibur era sad She has better feats and showings since she lost the PF (see her fights with Thor before and after she lost the PF).

If anything Meggan is the biggest threat on this team but her TP resistance is suspect. Despero should slaughter them.

riv6672
How is Meggan the bogger threat? That sounds interesting!

zopzop
Originally posted by riv6672
How is Meggan the bogger threat? That sounds interesting!
Yes, when she wants to she can be a powerhouse. She amped in size to match Juggernaut physically, she amped off the planet to fight Galactus, she jumped into HoM Wanda's Chaos Wave and attempted to diffuse it's energy (an insane feat considering how powerful the Chaos Wave was).

Here's her respect thread, too bad a lot of the links don't work, but you can get an idea from the descriptions to the scans.

riv6672
Thanks(!), its been a long time with this character. Not even sure if she cutrently exists.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.