Grail - Vs - The Cabal

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Supermex
Who wins?

How does Grail fair against the Cabal ?

Grail

Vs

Cls.Dr.Doom
King Hyperion
Cls.Loki
Dracula
Apocalypse
N.Osborn
Attuma

Props to Philo on the idea

Aakla
Stops at Dr Doom.

Supermex
Originally posted by Aakla
Stops at Dr Doom.

Grail fights them all at the sometime..

Didnt she fight the JLA at the sametime?

I'll set the fight up for guys..

The Cabal are in secret meeting all 7 are sitting at big round table.. Grail walks in and looks around the room then attacks Osborn first as the fight starts from that point on.

Supermex
Originally posted by Aakla
Stops at Dr Doom.

Really think so?

How?

carver9
Yes, Doom stomps her imo. Every single time.

DarkSaint85
This from a guy who drafted him in a mid herald BZ, so he must know what he's talking about thumb up

carver9
Power drain.
Force field capable of stopping celestial attacks
And this is the deal breaker, his magic is on Doctors Strange level. Strange has even said he is better.
The list goes on.

DarkSaint85
thumb up

Philosophía
Grail wins all rounds in which BFR is unsuccessful.

Galan007
^ BFR shouldn't be applicable to her anyway, given that she packs a MotherBox as standard equipment. /shrug

Anyway, Grail stomps the Cabal.

Damborgson
All at the same time? That seems steep, even for her.

Supermex
Originally posted by Damborgson
All at the same time? That seems steep, even for her.

Yup all at the sametime

Supermex
Originally posted by Galan007
^ BFR shouldn't be applicable to her anyway, given that she packs a MotherBox as standard equipment. /shrug

Anyway, Grail stomps the Cabal.

No b.f.r

xJLxKing
I think she can take it

From what we have seen, she more lethal than any character here. I'd imagine, she'd go for the kill much more than most characters here. She also has the power to actually follow up on that lethal intent

celeyhyga17
Grail gets rapestomped.

Who wants to bz?

This team(me) vs Grail?

Lemme see...

Dr. Doom
Loki
King Hyperion
Apocalypse
Dracula
Attuma
Iron Patriot

I think I like my chances.

carver9
No one is going to BZ that. They just like saying Grail wins because...

Supermex
I dare someone to BZ Celey in this match!!

Philosophía
I didn't see the challenge, because he's on ignore.

Of course I'll take it, as long as it's a six months self-imposed ban. I'm willing to go even higher.

DarkSaint85
Go for it celey. Show this Dupertard which side you wear your undies on!

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by carver9
No one is going to BZ that. They just like saying Grail wins because...

....she beat WW, my fav character and the most powerful member of the League thumb up

leonidas
this would be interesting to see....

Supermex
Originally posted by leonidas
this would be interesting to see....

Yup it would!

Damborgson
I can't possibly see how Grail would win that BZ. I say go for it I guess.

DarkSaint85
If celey loses, he has to support abhi in all of his posts. Doesn't matter how outlandish he finds them, he has to actually provide scans and devote effort to making sure abhi is supported, not just token cheerleading posts.

Philosophía
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
If celey loses, he has to support abhi in all of his posts. Doesn't matter how outlandish he finds them, he has to actually provide scans and devote effort to making sure abhi is supported, not just token cheerleading posts. That will work, too.

And if he fails to do so, he self-bans for a year. You'll be the judge of that, if he loses. Kind of like this:

https://img.memecdn.com/let-me-see-your-war-face_fb_3013751.jpg

Damborgson
It's the most logical punishment for losing this one. What if Philo loses?

DarkSaint85
Carver.

Philosophía
Carver. thumb up

The punishment even you didn't dare face.

DarkSaint85
Hell no.

Another option for Phildo was JBL.

celeyhyga17
If celey loses, he has to support abhi in all of his posts. Doesn't matter how outlandish he finds them, he has to actually provide scans and devote effort to making sure abhi is supported, not just token cheerleading posts. Abhi is my buddy.

carver9
Got for it celey.

celeyhyga17
Whenever...

Somehow this prolly gonna end up like the Thor speed is slower than street level bz...

Supermex
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Whenever...

Somehow this prolly gonna end up like the Thor speed is slower than street level bz...

The guanlet is set! BZ is on!

DarkSaint85
Well???

BZ was thrown down. Celey, don't back down!

Who else in this thread who said the Cabal wins,is confident enough to take Phildo on???

Hello!

Supermex
Well???

BZ was thrown down. Celey, don't back down!

Who else in this thread who said the Cabal wins,is confident enough to take Phildo on???

Hello!

Carver??

celeyhyga17
I'm still here.

Supermex
I'm still here.

Heck yea! Celey is gunning for Philo

Philosophía
So is it a yes on the battlezone? On the ban? Or on the representing carver/abhi for a month?

Are you being purposely vague, or are you paying 10$ for each word you type?

celeyhyga17
Yes on bz...
I'm purposely not holding my breath to chase a bz since been there done that.

As for ban, Abhi, Carv... That's all fine. Gud with wutever.

Supermex
Kool!

So how we go about to setup this BZ battle ?

Sin I AM
Id like to see this bz as well.

Gotta have some impartial judges tho

Supermex
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Id like to see this bz as well.

Gotta have some impartial judges tho

True true Sin

Who can we get to judge?

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Supermex
True true Sin

Who can we get to judge?

Digi, Galan, Scot

Or ID, Saint Delta

Supermex
Digi, Galan, Scot

Or ID, Saint Delta

Im down with any of them in that bunch, Sin..

celeyhyga17
I'll do this one too after.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t643707.html

carver9
Digi, Galan, Scot

Or ID, Saint Delta

Nothing against any of these peeps but there are a few in here that thinks extremely high of Grail. I think you all should pick 3 people from the anime section. People that don't know much about the characters but would get a depiction of them through this BZ and give an honest judge. The anime and movie forum.

DarkSaint85
I'm gonna go post in the anime section now thumb up

Sin I AM
Nothing against any of these peeps but there are a few in here that thinks extremely high of Grail. I think you all should pick 3 people from the anime section. People that don't know much about the characters but would get a depiction of them through this BZ and give an honest judge. The anime and movie forum.

Thats why i suggested the one i chose. Galan/Digi/Scot are as unbiased as u can get.

Damborgson
I'm gonna go post in the anime section now thumb up

laughing out loud

Philosophía
Yes on bz...
I'm purposely not holding my breath to chase a bz since been there done that.

As for ban, Abhi, Carv... That's all fine. Gud with wutever.

thumb up

1). Forum fight:

Grail
vs
Cls.Dr.Doom
King Hyperion
Cls.Loki
Dracula
Apocalypse
N.Osborn
Attuma

2). 1 opening + 4 posts is ok?
3). Judges, would these 6 be ok?

Digi, Galan, Scot

Or ID, Saint Delta

4). Loser reps every post abhi/carver make for a month. No bitching out and disappearing for days on end.

All good?

Supermex
Sounds good !

celeyhyga17
Im a-ok.

-K-M-
https://media.giphy.com/media/YPIrsRqqO7oB2/giphy.gif

Supermex
We got any judges yet?

DarkSaint85
The six named.

Phildo has asked,celey has given his assent.

I can judge if wanted.

Philosophía
The six named.

Phildo has asked,celey has given his assent.

I can judge if wanted. You're one of the judges. "Saint".

celeyhyga17
So when is this gonna happen? Let's hash out the rulz/setting this weekend? Standard bz setting I guess? 4th of July wknd right now so I prolly won't do the bz until maybe next weekend...

And I'm out of the country from the 20th to 26th this month so I can most probably do it before that time frame.

List of judges looks fine.

Supermex
Kool!

Philosophía
So when is this gonna happen? Let's hash out the rulz/setting this weekend? Standard bz setting I guess 4th of July wknd right now so I prolly won't do the bz until maybe next weekend?

And I'm out of the country from the 20th to 26th this month so I can most probably do it before that time frame. Well, the battlezone is a forum match, so the same rules apply as in any other thread.

I figure maybe we can submit the opening post sometimes next week , and then we'll post whenever we can the last 4 posts until the week after that.

So the deadline for all the posts would be like 15th this month, and the deadline for opening post next friday (7th)? We should try to spread them out, to be able to properly address them, and not have 3 posts in the last two days, though. So if you want a deadline for each post, feel free to say so.

celeyhyga17
This is gud. I'd rather not have a deadline for each consecutive post as I am going to work my tail off before my vacation. But I'm sure I can post them within reason.

carver9
Where do you work Celey?

celeyhyga17
Hacker!!!!!!

DarkSaint85
He's a comic book artist.

He's going to give the Cabal more feats

carver9
Hacker!!!!!!

Best job ever. Can you teach me?

celeyhyga17
Best job ever. Can you teach me?
No fool. I'm callin u the hacker with all ure fishing ways. Asking around for what we drive, where we work, etc...

Hackin @$$ muthaphukka.

Quit ure fb creepin ways.

carver9
No fool. I'm callin u the hacker with all ure fishing ways. Asking around for what we drive, where we work, etc...

Hackin @$$ muthaphukka.

Quit ure fb creepin ways.

laughing out loud

Lol...i work at Suntrust bank. I don't think anyone can hack that.
I drive a 2017 Chrysler 300.
My favorite fame currently is smite.
On the side, I am an artist.
I plan on going back to school for computer programming.

Hack me celey.

Prof. T.C McAbe
laughing out loud

Lol...i work at Suntrust bank. I don't think anyone can hack that.
I drive a 2017 Chrysler 300.
My favorite fame currently is smite.
On the side, I am an artist.
I plan on going back to school for computer programming.

Hack me celey.

What kind of art are you doing bro? And what is smite?

carver9
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
What kind of art are you doing bro? And what is smite?

Primarily draw comic characters, paint, and some people pay for me to draw them as well. I'm pretty good but not close to the best. Artist doesn't get recognized for their talent, wasted skill that I wish I could've done more with.

Smite is an amazing game. Has about 30 characters and pantheon Gods (Thor, Hercules, Zeus, Ares, etc)... 5 vs 5, fighting in an arena until the game is done. Fun game. I recommended to all. Multiplayer.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Primarily draw comic characters, paint, and some people pay for me to draw them as well. I'm pretty good but not close to the best. Artist doesn't get recognized for their talent, wasted skill that I wish I could've done more with.

Smite is an amazing game. Has about 30 characters and pantheon Gods (Thor, Hercules, Zeus, Ares, etc)... 5 vs 5, fighting in an arena until the game is done. Fun game. I recommended to all. Multiplayer.

thumb up
Can you pm me some of your art?

Ahhh, the one like LoL or DotA2 just from a different viewing perspective? Wanted to give it a try soon. Playing gods rocks anyway.

Sin I AM

Whos yout inspiration? Greg Land?Steve Dillon? You seem like a liefield kinda guy to me

DarkSaint85
This is gud. I'd rather not have a deadline for each consecutive post as I am going to work my tail off before my vacation. But I'm sure I can post them within reason.

I can host this if people agree, I know generally we don't have judges being the host...

Philosophía
I can host this if people agree, I know generally we don't have judges being the host... Well, it's not like you're not going to read the initial posts when you judge, you just receive them earlier than the rest.

DarkSaint85
Exactly.

I like to keep things above board and transparent. So I will lock my judgement down first,then have the others PM me their judgements, so their rulings don't affect mine.

Philosophía
Exactly.

I like to keep things above board and transparent. So I will lock my judgement down first,then have the others PM me their judgements, so their rulings don't affect mine. thumb up

To finalize what the initial post contains:

1). Forum fight - Grail vs the Cabal (Classic Doom, King Hyperion, Classic Loki, Dracula, Apocalypse, Norman Osborn and Attuma)
2). Opening + 4 posts (each post, even if one after another, counts as a separate post)
3). Galan, Scot, Darksaint, Delta, Leo (maybe Digi/Id, if one pulls out and they have time)
4). Loser reps every post abhi/carver make for a month, like he really means it, not ironically.
5). Location? Celey? This thread says a round table and Grail starts ambushing them, but that would disadvantage you. Abandoned industrial complex or some shit? Whatevs.

- Initial post will be PMd to Darksaint until this Friday
- All the other posts will be posted until next friday

celeyhyga17
Industrial complex sounds fine.

DarkSaint85
I shall open the thread and host it. It will be beautiful.

Supermex
Sounds good!

Galan007
I can judge if both of you guys are okay with it.

Parmaniac
I plan on going back to school thumb up

Philosophía
Originally posted by Galan007
I can judge if both of you guys are okay with it. thumb up

He already said yes.

darthgoober
If I were you guys, I'd take a sec to make sure you both agree on what "Classic" Doom means for the purposes of the match just to make sure nothing pops up during the match that derails it.

-K-M-
I hope it's a draw and both have to suffer the punishment stipulations

darthgoober
Originally posted by -K-M-
I hope it's a draw and both have to suffer the punishment stipulations
Good idea. They should have 6 judges instead of 5 so there's that possibility.

carver9
Originally posted by darthgoober
If I were you guys, I'd take a sec to make sure you both agree on what "Classic" Doom means for the purposes of the match just to make sure nothing pops up during the match that derails it.

thumb up

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by darthgoober

No need. It's a BZ, if one side wants to spend posts and posts arguing about tangents and derailments, so be it.

leonidas
phil sent me this awesome herc scan. i already submitted my vote to him. thumb up

DarkSaint85
http://digitalspyuk.cdnds.net/15/32/768x575/gallery_7206940_orig.jpg

Non canon.

leonidas
should be canon. can you imagine how phukin AWESOME their kid would be. thumb up

-K-M-
Pretty sure they can't have kids Leo. That's not how babies work

Philosophía
phil sent me this awesome herc scan. i already submitted my vote to him. thumb up https://m.popkey.co/22849e/AoAqv_s-200x150.gif

leonidas
Originally posted by -K-M-
Pretty sure they can't have kids Leo. That's not how babies work

dude, logan is a MUTANT! who knows what his jizz can do? anyway, just imagine that kid.... droolio

Philosophía
To make this easier, since they will be a shitload of scans posted, I'd like to ask celey to cite the issue where the scans posted are from.

leonidas
and as a judge i'd respectfully ask that neither of you use photobucket to show scans....

Philosophía
and as a judge i'd respectfully ask that neither of you use photobucket to show scans.... Goddammit, I have a photobucket account where I upload them all.

Let's test it out.
http://i1074.photobucket.com/albums/w403/Philosophia/Convergence%20-%20Superman%202015%20001-018_zpsgo0hlpca.jpg

Does it do any funky stuff when you enter the link?

leonidas
i see half a scan--the top part where superman is talking.... is that all or is there more below his dialogue...? confused

photobucket takes forever to load for me too. if it's gonna be all photobucket may be better if i bow out of judging. i find the site very frustrating and i've no idea why i only see half the scan...

Philosophía
Ok, I'll try to use TurboImageHost.

Philosophía
test.

It works ok, I think.

Galan007
Yes, turboimagehost, imgur, or postimage for scans... PLEASE.

Most other hosts are terrible these days. sick

leonidas
the one you pm'd me was great phil. thumb up

psycho gundam
Photobucket put 3rd party hosting behind a $300 paywall (per annum) meaning that those who use it for their own websites exclusively have to pay up for their site to work or rebuild from the ground up with another hosting site.

-K-M-
Yeah photobucket just went full retard. You never go full retard

So all my respect threads are dead

DarkSaint85
The end of the week is nigh upon us. Hope your opening posts are thorough, and keep to the limits.

Philosophía
The end of the week is nigh upon us. Hope your opening posts are thorough, and keep to the limits. thumb up

I'll be sending you the post in the next few hours.

I'll be gone for the weekend, so my next post will probably be on Monday.

Supermex
When will it be posted on battlezone?

DarkSaint85
Remember, I am on UK time.

Philosophía
My post has 9943 characters, but the forum says it's over the limit.

Good shit.

celeyhyga17
Sending tomorrow. Currently at work.

Philosophía

Supermex
That b#;ch Grail is beastly!

The Cabal is no joke!

DarkSaint85
Fight is here:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t643907.html

I have stuck to each poster's formatting as closely as I could, without adding anything else to the post (so as to not phuck the character limits up).

Thanks to SuperSex for the idea.

Thanks to carver for the cheerleading.

May he who dies, die well.

Supermex
Thanks Darky!

Good luck!

Supermex
Good start to the battlezone match , Darky!

DarkSaint85
Yeah.. .I've been moving house lol, logged in expecting tons of posts....

Philosophía
I've been away for the weekend.

I'll be posting every day (Monday-Thursday), because Friday I'll be leaving again so I won't have the time.

I figured I'd wait until celey posts the scans to back him up, but I'd be running out of time for my own posts, so I'll start replying today.

Philosophía
...or Tomorrow!

carver9
Let's hurry up and get this done so that my pet can follow me around in every thread approving my posts. I'll provide links via PM on every thread I post in.

wink

Damborgson
You'll have to be more active than ever before if Cely wins Carv. Bump that Hulk vs Franklin thread. laughing out loud

Philosophía
I'll provide links via PM on every thread I post in. You don't need to, retarded posts generally jump out to me.

I'll most likely rep you for the month even if I win, so don't sweat it. I'm curious how it is to always be wrong, yet keep posting.

carver9
Originally posted by Damborgson
You'll have to be more active than ever before if Cely wins Carv. Bump that Hulk vs Franklin thread. laughing out loud

That's the first thread I'm going too. I have a thread specifically designed for Philo. Once I'm done with Phil, his grumpy ways will enhance 10 times over. I like both of the posters here so on some days, I will be gentle.

-K-M-
Are we actually getting more posts in that thread or is that it?

DarkSaint85
It's Phildos turn ATM I believe.

Philosophía
You can post whenever you want, it's not with turns.

I was hoping he posts scans, to have something to actually rebute. As it is, I'm providing the scans, and countering them, at the same time

celeyhyga17
Sorry.. Busy.. Will do.

Philosophía
Sorry.. Busy.. Will do. thumb up

Philosophía
I only have a few hours free tomorrow until I leave for the weekend, so I only have time for one more post instead of 2.

It'll be the conclusions part. Hopefully celey will have another 1-2 posts by Friday too, and then everybody is free to judge.

Sorry for the scattered posting, but I'm at work during the day, and I'm away for the weekends. Thanks to everybody for reading smile

One_Angry_Scot

Philosophía
Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
Got your PM but couldn't reply to it as you've got that setting which disables PM's to you.

But yeah I'm happy to judge. Will be busy Saturday but will be fine. Great! thumb up

DarkSaint85
I will judges I've said before,but may not be able to do it this weekend, as I've just moved and have no internet. But the judgement will come.

Philosophía
I will judges I've said before,but may not be able to do it this weekend, as I've just moved and have no internet. But the judgement will come. thumb up

I won't be here tomorrow, so please post in the battlezone when the time has expired.

Whatever is ok for Celey, I suggest 10 CET or whatever.

leonidas
so match is officially done at...11 est tomorrow? and a quick question ds--all characters do have basic knowledge of each other i presume, as they would in any forum match? but for grail, what would they know exactly? would they know she's the daughter of darkseid, packing the omega powers, for example? would they know, tentatively what level she is--ie--beyond high herald? her appearances are so ltd, not sure what would constitute 'common knowledge' here.

DarkSaint85
Both sides know what the general population of said Earth knows. The BZ is basically a forum match but on steroids, with only two posters debating.

-K-M-
"Each side receives basic knowledge of the other. A good measure of this would be what the general population of the character's homeworld knows. For example, that Superman has a weakness to Kryptonite is general knowledge, but that he's Clark Kent is not."

Don't think they would know that much about her under the rules

Philosophía
edited out.

DarkSaint85
I move that Phildo's statement be struck from the record; Leo, you are to disregard that last post.

Philosophía
I move that Phildo's statement be struck from the record; Leo, you are to disregard that last post.

http://www.movingimage.us/images/exhibitions/media/reaction_gif/nathan-filliion-speechless.gif

leonidas
Both sides know what the general population of said Earth knows. The BZ is basically a forum match but on steroids, with only two posters debating.

so if she's (or he in some cases) is a brand new character then the opponent would know essentially nothing at all? that would be the case then for any new hero/villain in any forum setting... hmm. mmm

i sort of always interpreted that rule a bit differently i guess. it's interesting--choose a random mutant like...the cuckoos. relatively speaking, they are unknowns to the world at large. the overwhelming majority of the planet would have no idea of their powerset. does that mean anyone who faced them in a forum match wouldn't know they are powerful tp users? that could be...really bad for an opponent. i guess i took 'common knowledge' to mean an opponent would know the basic things that the character's enemies would know. ie--anyone who's fought the x-men would know the cuckoos are powerful tp users, therefore, that would make their powers common knowledge. if we are using the forum standard definition, that is...vastly different from what i was thinking.

leonidas
@phil--that's why i asked ds, specifically. sneer

DarkSaint85
I was going by that exact thought process.

See Zatanna vs the Hulk, or Constantine. They're both unknown to the public, and the general public know Zatanna as a stage magician. David Copperfield, if you will.

I can take it to PMs for anyone who wants to discuss further, as it may impact the BZ. But the rules are written thusly.

Of course, one can argue around them if needed.

Philosophía
@phil--that's why i asked ds, specifically. sneer http://www.gifimagesdownload.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/best-im-sorry-gif-668.gif

Philosophía
Well, I'm done, see you guys on Sunday.

Thanks for judging and thanks to celey for participating. Hopefully no last minute post-floods!

-K-M-
When's it done? And where is celey? Hasn't really posted much

Edit: never mind it's tomorrow

cdtm
Grail wins, with ease.

celeyhyga17
I'm here. Sorry. Swamped with work. Every time I start compiling my thoughts, I get buried with a ton of crap. Had a write up ready two days ago, but haven't properly reviewed them.
Gonna have my last couple of posts today in the evening. God willing.
stick out tongue

DarkSaint85
thumb up indeed, I will it.

Then I will lodge my judgement on Monday with Pr. He doesn't know it yet, but then he doesn't need to do anything. It's more to ensure that my ruling was arrived at independently of others. Then I will actually open other judgements (if any) and then post them.

Philosophía
No matter the result, I think it would be a good idea to have the last posts pm'd to the moderator in future bz, or even the rest of them to be posted simultaneously That way one of the opponents can't post half his replies at the end with no chance for the other to respond.

I think the bz rules should be updated in that regard.

-K-M-
Yeah I tend to agree. Also leaving it to the last minute also doesn't give much time to counter even if you didn't use up your post count. I had a feeling this was going to happen

leonidas
something could prolly be done but personally i've rarely had trouble just going back and forth. you need to be able to respond to your opponent's points, obviously but maybe the concluding posts could be sent and posted at the same time. but often people like being first and that usually means the other guy goes last to be fair, but...whatever is accepted by both is fine with me.

doesn't seem to matter here anyway. i don't think he's gonna make any more posts anyway. if he does, it's gonna be right under the wire. /shrug

Philosophía
Yeah, it's done.

So darksaint, galan, scot, delta and leo are the judges. Please pm your decisions to darksaint.

celeyhyga17
Having issues with last post. Went from 9700 to 9600 to 95 to 9300. Still cant post.

celeyhyga17
One of my earlier posts was like 9500+... weird
Going to bed

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>