-= Classic Films You've Never Seen =-

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Patient_Leech
What classics have you never seen?

Someone got onto me for not having seen Top Gun. Just never seen it. Off the top of my head I've also never seen American Graffiti. I've meant to, just haven't gotten around to it.

I've seen many of Alfred Hitchcock's films, but not Rebecca. Let's see, quick Google search...

Top Gun
Rebecca
American Graffiti
Groundhog Day
Dazed and Confused
The Breakfast Club (been meaning to)
Footloose (been meaning to)
A Christmas Story (don't want to)
Raging Bull (my parents turned it off shortly after starting it when I was younger, heh)
Dirty Dancing
Coming to America
Caddyshack

Sable
How did you like Top Gun?

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Sable
How did you like Top Gun?

Top Gun? Never seen it... perhaps you don't understand the point of this thread.

Sable
My bad, i read you wrong.

Esau Cairn
Personally I feel most of those movies you've listed are more "iconic" to their era or genre rather than classics.

I'd say Christmas Story & Raging Bull could be considered classics.

Patient_Leech
Well, iconic, classic... whatever. Famous movies that made a mark or have stood the test of time somehow.

rudester
Casa Blanca.. Humphrey bogard.. Actually travelled to casa blanca, the airport is exactly like the movie no joke. Anyways good movie about love lost

Kazenji
Alot of the movies that are considered "classics" i have no interest in seeing, Especially when it comes to musicals.

HulkIsHulk
Originally posted by Patient_Leech

Someone got onto me for not having seen Top Gun. Just never seen it. Off the top of my head I've also never seen American Graffiti. I've meant to, just haven't gotten around to it.

I've seen many of Alfred Hitchcock's films, but not Rebecca. Let's see, quick Google search...

Top Gun
Rebecca
American Graffiti
Groundhog Day
Dazed and Confused
Raging Bull (my parents turned it off shortly after starting it when I was younger, heh)
Dirty Dancing
Coming to America
Caddyshack
Those, The America Pie movies, heck most sex comedies. Also The Empire Strikes Back

Esau Cairn
Well, iconic, classic... whatever. Famous movies that made a mark or have stood the test of time somehow.

Well in the last 30 years...

I've never seen Schindler's List, Saving Private Ryan or Forest Gump.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
The America Pie movies, heck most sex comedies.

Not sure those count as classic or even iconic.. heh

Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Well in the last 30 years...

I've never seen Schindler's List, Saving Private Ryan or Forest Gump.

Well Goddamn, sir.

Schindler's List is kind of a snoozefest, in my opinion. But you definitely should see the other two.

HulkIsHulk
Not sure those count as classic or even iconic.. heh
But like iconic movies pretty much everyone expects you to have seen them lol

Schindler's List is kind of a snoozefest, in my opinion. But you definitely should see the other two.
I too haven't seen Forrest Gump and Saving Private Ryan. That was intentional though, I read the synopsis and movies of that genre aren't my type.

TheVaultDweller
I was forced to watch Schindler's List for a film-related course during my time at university. That movie was a chore to sit through.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
I was forced to watch Schindler's List for a film-related course during my time at university. That movie was a chore to sit through.

That's bad luck, my friend.

My luck was better...

I took a history of television class in college and we watched Quiz Show...

bj-m3Ddmn0E

And I got to watch Psycho for an English class in college, but had to write a stressfull paper on it. So that was the downside.

steverules_2
Godfather trilogy, never seen it and doubt I ever will, there's zero interest in it for me.

Kazenji
I've tried to watch the Godfather movies, Just can't get into it.

TheVaultDweller

My luck was better...

bj-m3Ddmn0E

And I got to watch Psycho for an English class in college, but had to write a stressfull paper on it. So that was the downside.

Funnily enough, the course I had to watch it for was History of Cinema. And then had to do an 80 odd page reading on why it was apparently the greatest movie ever, which included how Oprah Winfrey claimed simply watching the film made her a better person.

But yeah, you definitely got the better end of the stick... jerk. sneer

mehedi067
MANY CLASSIC MOVIE I NEVER SEE.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Funnily enough, the course I had to watch it for was History of Cinema. And then had to do an 80 odd page reading on why it was apparently the greatest movie ever, which included how Oprah Winfrey claimed simply watching the film made her a better person.

But yeah, you definitely got the better end of the stick... jerk. sneer

Ugh, honestly I think The Pianist is a better WWII Nazis-killing-Jews movie. It will make you a better person, too.

And then of course there's Inglourious Basterds which is a Jews-killing-Nazis movie... haha laughing out loud

Originally posted by steverules_2
Godfather trilogy, never seen it and doubt I ever will, there's zero interest in it for me. Originally posted by Kazenji
I've tried to watch the Godfather movies, Just can't get into it.

It's been so long since I've seen any of them, but I do remember the first one being truly great. But you have to watch it with subtitles to really follow it. They're definitely films worth seeing, and I've been meaning to watch them again actually, show them to my wife, but probably won't get around to it anytime soon.

Lord Lucien

Top Gun
Rebecca
American Graffiti
Groundhog Day
Dazed and Confused
Dirty Dancing
Coming to America
Caddyshack Man you just skipped 80's day at the gym, huh?

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Man you just skipped 80's day at the gym, huh?

Yeah, but I've seen the 80s movies that matter...

Terminator
Die Hard
Commando
Predator
Aliens
Indiana Jones
Rambo

etc. wink

HulkIsHulk
Originally posted by steverules_2
Godfather trilogy, Originally posted by Patient_Leech
The Pianist
Inglourious Basterds

Terminator
Commando
Predator
Aliens
Indiana Jones

All of the above

HulkIsHulk
Oh, some of the LOTR movies as well. Then the Back to the Future movies

HulkIsHulk
The Dirty Dozen, Universal soldier movies, the old Japanese Godzilla movies.

HulkIsHulk
The Mad Max movies, Chuck Noriss or Bruce Lee movies, Clint Eastwood movies, Drunken Master movies, Lethal Weapon movies, Street fighter movies, The Bourne movies, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, The Great Escape, Zorro, Bloodsport, US Marshals, Gladiator, L.A. Confidential, Ong Bak, The Rock, Bad Boys, Black Dynamite, Blood and bone

John Murdoch

My luck was better...

bj-m3Ddmn0E

Really liked Quiz Show, and also watched Psycho in a film editing class in college as well.

On your list, Leech, that I haven't seen as well:
- Rebecca
- American Graffiti
- Raging Bull

I've still never seen the original Mighty Ducks, even though it was a staple for my fellow 90's kids.

Still haven't seen a modern-day masterpiece: The Room. I've heard you'll never forget it.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by John Murdoch
Still haven't seen a modern-day masterpiece: The Room. I've heard you'll never forget it.

Now that's a different kind of classic. laughing out loud It's awesomely bad.

John Murdoch
Now that's a different kind of classic. laughing out loud It's awesomely bad.

Hahaha that's what I gather.

Patient_Leech
Oh, I've never seen any of the sequels to Planet of the Apes (1968).

Not sure if they're classics like the first one or not, though.

Esau Cairn

Schindler's List is kind of a snoozefest, in my opinion.

LOL

I was in an elevator today & I glanced the company's name above the button panel.

I kid you not...it was Schindler's Lifts!!!

Patient_Leech
laughing out loud

Patient_Leech
Close Encounters of the Third Kind

You know, I'm pretty sure I've seen it. But It's been so long and I barely remember much of it, except the end.

Surtur

My luck was better...

bj-m3Ddmn0E

Quiz Show was a good movie. You ever see "Good Night and Good Luck"? Great film.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Surtur
Quiz Show was a good movie. You ever see "Good Night and Good Luck"? Great film.

Yeah, in fact I think we watched that one in my class, too. Or at least it was recommended to us and I went out and bought it. Can't remember which. It was directed by George Clooney.

jaden101
The Paris Hilton sex tape.

Surtur
Yeah, in fact I think we watched that one in my class, too. Or at least it was recommended to us and I went out and bought it. Can't remember which. It was directed by George Clooney.

Yeah, it was directed by Clooney, it's also in black and white.

Patient_Leech
Ah, another one I've never seen...

Big Trouble in Little China. I've seen clips here and there, but never sat through it. I need to remedy that.

John Murdoch
Ah, another one I've never seen...

Big Trouble in Little China. I've seen clips here and there, but never sat through it. I need to remedy that.

Big Trouble is another John Carpenter masterpiece. You'll enjoy it a lot, Leech.

Flyattractor
Top Gun
Rebecca
Dazed and Confused
Footloose
Raging Bull
Dirty Dancing

I have not seen any of those or at least never seen them all the way thru.

You can add all the Godfather Movies to that list as well.

I don't do Artsy Fartsty For the Awards/Chick flick Crap.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.