Zeus Vs SBP

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/square_medium/2/23407/2076188-scene_13.jpg

Pictured versions.
No prep.
No BFR.

http://ifanboy.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Green-Lantern-Vol.-4-25-2008.jpg

carver9
Zeus kills him.

abhilegend
Prime beats the shit out of Zeus.

leonidas
with the predictable preliminaries out of the way.... not sure tbh. zeus has a few....pretty terrible showings even though he SHOULD have the overall power to win this. i assume this isn't just h2h...so, guess as with most things it will depend on the showings we choose to emphasize.

Board Walker
Superboy Prime is immune to magic and its effects, he also has pre crisis speed and strength, and he has Anti energy coursing through his body.

Prime takes solidly 9/10 due primarily to his magic immunity

leonidas
that would certainly play a role, i agree.

xJLxKing
Going to go with Prime

I don't see Zeus winning by conventional ways

abhilegend
Originally posted by leonidas
with the predictable preliminaries out of the way.... not sure tbh. zeus has a few....pretty terrible showings even though he SHOULD have the overall power to win this. i assume this isn't just h2h...so, guess as with most things it will depend on the showings we choose to emphasize.
Who are you calling preliminary old coot?

uhuh

StyleTime
with the predictable preliminaries out of the way....
laughing out loud

TheHulkster

Isn't this restricted to the specific versions pictured?

DarkSaint85
I think that means no SBP with Guardian Amp, or with his solar suit, for example.

Zeus has always been Zeus (barring Chaos King amps). So all of his showings are game, as he hasn't gotten amps or depowerments.

leonidas
yeah i don't think the pics have anything to do with this match up....

@abhi: i love that the word you took issue with was preliminary. laughing out loud anyway, just trying to rouse you up for your main event! boxing

Prof. T.C McAbe
Prime, I can't even see a way how Zeus would win a single round against Prime tbh.

leonidas
would you say the same of odin, out of curiosity?

Prof. T.C McAbe
would you say the same of odin, out of curiosity?

Though I rank them on the same level if put against each other, because they were portrayed as such, me thinks that Odin has far more abilities on his disposal and could take wins from Prime. So against Prime Odin > Zeus.

psycho gundam
with the predictable preliminaries out of the way.... It's like an algorithm at this point

Insane Titan
Zeus wrecks him.

leonidas
Originally posted by psycho gundam
It's like an algorithm at this point

lol there's something to be said for consistency though. thumb up

riv6672
Originally posted by TheHulkster
Isn't this restricted to the specific versions pictured?
Yes, which means:
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
...that means no SBP with Guardian Amp, or with his solar suit, for example.

Zeus has always been Zeus (barring Chaos King amps). So all of his showings are game, as he hasn't gotten amps or depowerments.

yeah i don't think the pics have anything to do with this match up....

pictured versions.

with the predictable preliminaries out of the way....
LMFAOROTF

zopzop
SBP's magic resistance has been put to the test : Mordru and Black Adam and passed with flying colors. His physical stats are insane and he's beaten teams that put the Avenger's lineup Zeus faced to shame.

SBP wins.

LordofBrooklyn
SUPERBOY PRIME MURDERS ZEUS AND ASSUMES THE THRONE ON MOUNT OLYMPUS!!!

riv6672
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
SUPERBOY PRIME MURDERS ZEUS AND ASSUMES THE THRONE ON MOUNT OLYMPUS!!!
with the predictable preliminaries out of the way...

Pillow Biter
Not sure SBP is really more invulnerable to magic than other things; he just isn't weak to it.

carver9
Originally posted by zopzop
SBP's magic resistance has been put to the test : Mordru and Black Adam and passed with flying colors. His physical stats are insane and he's beaten teams that put the Avenger's lineup Zeus faced to shame.

SBP wins.

What team did he beat?

riv6672
Originally posted by Pillow Biter
Not sure SBP is really more invulnerable to magic than other things; he just isn't weak to it.
Exactly.

DarkSaint85
Semantics, surely?

Philosophía
Prime is invulnerable to magic, not resistant.

riv6672
Semantics, surely?
So true.

leonidas
yeah the way he laughed off adam doesn't inspire confidence in this thread...

zopzop
yeah the way he laughed off adam doesn't inspire confidence in this thread...
I hope this is sarcasm because he didn't just laugh off a Shazam bolt, Mordru's power did nothing to him.

Pillow Biter
Prime's "invulnerable" to just about everything. But we all understand the no limits fallacy. I haven't seen anything to necessarily indicate he is more invulnerable to a magical blast than he is to a regular one. But I'm open to the idea.

DarkSaint85
Don't forget, BA was meant to be the power source to restart the multiverse as well....

xJLxKing
Prime's "invulnerable" to just about everything. But we all understand the no limits fallacy. I haven't seen anything to necessarily indicate he is more invulnerable to a magical blast than he is to a regular one. But I'm open to the idea.
He may not be completely immune but he has shown resistance that would suggest he is immune. Laughing off hits from magical beings like Mordru

DarkSaint85

Then that's just semantics, lol.

He'll laugh at a blast, whether it be magical or not.

If anything, he's probably more invulnerable to magic.

Example: BA's fists were bloodying him, and rocking him. That's physical, kinetic energy.

But the lightning that was emanating from his fists? Merely tickles him.

Philosophía
I haven't seen anything to necessarily indicate he is more invulnerable to a magical blast than he is to a regular one. But I'm open to the idea. You should be open to actually reading the comics, instead of desperately trying to pass off as the 'reasonable guy' both here and on herochat .

He's immune to magic in the literal sense, and that's been shown time and time again.

"Your sword is magic...magic doesn't hurt me"
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc260/Superman-Prime_Respect/tofastforgl.jpg

The sword:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-_kqDgI8t_jU/UPd8EFG_sYI/AAAAAAAAjwg/1TKBvGe8FMA/s1600/zauriel.jpg

----

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11117/111178634/5641374-sword+damages+the+spectre+2.jpg

He has no-sold Mordru .
He has no sold Kinetix .

Pillow Biter
Thanks. I had read the Black Adam and Mordru examples, and so far, those had been the ones I'd seen referenced. Despite his power, I don't see no-selling a being of his level as something that is necessarily outside of the realm of possibilities just based on Prime's overall invulnerability level.

Saying 'magic always tickles', based on those appearances, isn't outside the realm of bragaddocio, though it is highly suggestive of a special immunity.

But the Kinetix and Zauriel examples (quote only, can't see the scans) do tip the scales towards him being especially invulnerable to magic--perhaps this helps account for him taming the 5-D imp. I'll try to track down these comics online and check out what happened.

So my mind's changed. I think he probably has a special immunity to magic, barring any new evidence to the contrary. Thanks Phil!

Philosophía
Thanks. I had read the Black Adam and Mordru examples, and so far, those had been the ones I'd seen referenced. Despite his power, I don't see no-selling a being of his level as something that is necessarily outside of the realm of possibilities just based on Prime's overall invulnerability level.

Saying 'magic always tickles', based on those appearances, isn't outside the realm of bragaddocio, though it is highly suggestive of a special immunity.

But the Kinetix and Zauriel examples (quote only, can't see the scans) do tip the scales towards him being especially invulnerable to magic--perhaps this helps account for him taming the 5-D imp. I'll try to track down these comics online and check out what happened.

So my mind's changed. I think he probably has a special immunity to magic, barring any new evidence to the contrary. Thanks Phil!

thumb up

He explicitly singles out magic as something that does not affect him , and it's explicitly shown against everything from high-skyfathers to Universal-level magic users .

Adam Grimes

Pillow Biter
Here I am, trying to spread the love, and you have to come in all aggro ;-)

DarkSaint85
To be fair to both sides, Phildo is a POS thumb up

riv6672
To be fair to both sides, Phildo is a POS thumb up
^^^ouch laughing out loud
Then that's just semantics, lol.

He'll laugh at a blast, whether it be magical or not.

If anything, he's probably more invulnerable to magic.

Example: BA's fists were bloodying him, and rocking him. That's physical, kinetic energy.

But the lightning that was emanating from his fists? Merely tickles him.
Good call.
I cant see Zeus casting spells at SBP.
SBP seems the tupe to piss ppl off to the point where they want to punch him severely.

Whether Zeus wins or not, i dunno.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by riv6672
Exactly.

ARE YOU REALLY THIS DELUDED?

Superboy Prime resisted the most powerful LORD OF CHAOS at the HEIGHT of his powers.

The Guardian Amp augmented his physical stats but gave no indication as to bolstering his immunity to magic. Keeping that in mind he was able to control a being in Annataz that was powerful enough to dominate Mxy.

In closing, when I, THE MIGHTY OF LOB, make a proclamation on a comic based battle you'd do well to keep your NACHO TRAP SHUT and accept it!!!!

MADMAN01
Lob Jesus you need to take a Xanax

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by MADMAN01
Lob Jesus you need to take a Xanax

NO MERE DRUG CAN RESTRAIN THE POWER WHICH IS LOB!!!!

Philosophía
To be fair to both sides, Phildo is a POS thumb up https://i.giphy.com/media/xpnUGtMdW5v8Y/giphy.webp

riv6672
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
ARE YOU REALLY THIS DELUDED?

Superboy Prime resisted the most powerful LORD OF CHAOS at the HEIGHT of his powers.

The Guardian Amp augmented his physical stats but gave no indication as to bolstering his immunity to magic. Keeping that in mind he was able to control a being in Annataz that was powerful enough to dominate Mxy.

In closing, when I, THE MIGHTY OF LOB, make a proclamation on a comic based battle you'd do well to keep your NACHO TRAP SHUT and accept it!!!!
Best i can do for you is 'undecided', LoB. thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.