sodom yat ion vs destroyer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
yat, the version that battled so epically with prime, and the destroyer powered by the maestro again, the same incarnation that beat the **** out of hulk.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/123441/3216115-gh+vs+destroyer+%23461+%285%29.png

who takes this?

Damborgson
Just based on their fights? I didnt see anything special from Yat. He was doing better before he was poisoned but its not like he was hurting prime, I'd give it to the destroyer.

xJLxKing
That's a tough one
Aside from his battle with Prime, does he have any major showing?
If I were to base it on his right with Prime, I'd say 5/10. Otherwise, I can't recall any other major showing from his to warrant him taking a majority or a split

His battle with Prime it show case how durable can be. He took a beating and kept getting back up for more.

DarkSaint85
He was such a disappointment. A prime example of how to be wary of amps.

The Ion power? PLUS a Daxamite? PLUS a GL ring?

But he was much less than the sum of his parts.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Yat flies into the Destroyer and knocks himself out.

Galan007
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Aside from his battle with Prime, does he have any major showing? Shrugging off a planet-busting explosion, and shrugging off multiple blasts from AM.

leonidas
yeah i thought yat had accumulated some decent feats. true that maybe he didn't quite meet the hype or potential, but he was pretty solid and he lasted longer against prime than a couple guardians or damn near the entire gl corps... i think this is a very difficult call tbh. /shrug

i was gonna make this prime vs the destroyer, but i figured the predictable issue of speed would come up. i'm still uncertain how that fight would go down exactly though so feel free to comment on either battle.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Galan007
Shrugging off a planet-busting explosion, and shrugging off multiple blasts from AM.
No doubt about that guy

He this guy can take a beating. Didn't he also get a hit by an energy attack from AM prior to becoming the host. The same attack that was disintegrating other GL members?

I just haven't seen him do damage in return. His best offensive feats were vs. you agree right?

leonidas
yat attacked galan...? blink

xJLxKing
Originally posted by leonidas
yat attacked galan...? blink iPhone on NYC Subway
Best results

leonidas
laughing out loud

cdtm
Sodam Yat is unimpressive.

Galan007
Originally posted by leonidas
yeah i thought yat had accumulated some decent feats. true that maybe he didn't quite meet the hype or potential, but he was pretty solid and he lasted longer against prime than a couple guardians or damn near the entire gl corps... i think this is a very difficult call tbh. /shrug

i was gonna make this prime vs the destroyer, but i figured the predictable issue of speed would come up. i'm still uncertain how that fight would go down exactly though so feel free to comment on either battle. Yat was initially hyped to hell as "the ultimate Lantern", and frankly, was awesome...until he fused with Ion...then he became somewhat lackluster, for whatever reason.

But like you mentioned: as Ion he still lasted longer against Prime than pretty much anyone ever has individually. And tbh, he could have logically done much better if he had actually *used* his GL/Ion powers in any sort of intelligible way -- but aside from a few blasts, all he really did was throw fisticuffs. ermm

...And for what it's worth, Yat/Ion also rape-stomped Alex Nero, slapped around Mongul II under a red sun(and when he wasn't even accessing the Ion-power to boot), and as Ion, transformed a red star into a yellow star.

So while he's certainly not featless, he definitely doesn't have the showings he should've had... Especially given his enormous potential.

Originally posted by xJLxKing
He this guy can take a beating. Didn't he also get a hit by an energy attack from AM prior to becoming the host. The same attack that was disintegrating other GL members? Yat endured a planet-busting explosion and multiple blasts from AM before he became Ion, yes.

the Darkone
destroyer

abhilegend
He actually destroyed the planet and tanked a black hole two light year in scope which puts him Thanos level durability.

shifty

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.